Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Fantabulous! The olive green and the interior is awesome! Can't wait to see more of this.

I don't think I've read a single (serious) complaint about this Modular. Maybe that's the honeymoon period we're all in at the moment, but it looks fantastic and I can't wait for its release.

Well I have one complaint. Don't get me wrong, I love this set, must own it.

But why do they use the dull 'classic' minifig faces for modulars?

I like the new facial expressions of modern sets much better!

..in love with this one...TLG has done another great job.....this is more than i expected or hoped...!!!

Thanks for making my day!!!

I have never bought one of the modulars (mostly because the best ones were released during my dark ages, so I haven't been able to pick them up at a decent price; the latest ones simply haven't piqued my interest enough), but I will definitely have to pick this one up. Possibly more than one, if I can afford it.

The name on the sign only sounds half French.......Albert doesn't sound French at all......or does it ? :blush:

It definetely sounds French...you have to pronounce it as Albééhrt.

This new modular will cause more people to start collecting all of the modulars.....no-one who ever liked Lego a bit, can't resist this....!! Sooooo Beautifull!!!

One word: scooter. I've been waiting for an official one for a while.

This whole thing looks beautiful. Just take a look at that kitchen!

Magnifico! Oh wait.... that's Italian! TLG should do an Italian restaurant next, with outdoor dining on the first level.

Edited by train_nut

Well I have one complaint. Don't get me wrong, I love this set, must own it.

But why do they use the dull 'classic' minifig faces for modulars?

I like the new facial expressions of modern sets much better!

Creator sets only use the classic look.

It's beautiful, the use of the globe pieces is awesome, the olive green actually works as a color in this set, blah blah blah blah.

My only complaint is the gutters, drainage pipes, looks really odd to the point I wouldn't put them on the set. Minor detail, which the rest in the series looked like this.

This set looks awesome. Im not much into city or creator. But this will change all that im pretty sure.

I love it. The variety.

Favorites must be the kitchen and the foldable bed. Also the artist under the roof is cool even though its pretty easy build.

Love it :)

It definetely sounds French...you have to pronounce it as Albééhrt.

In French the ending "t" is not be pronounced in that name.

The "e" should be pronounced like the one of "bet" for example.

THANK YOU TLG and Jamie!!! Since the CC & GG came out, I have never been that impressed by a set, I always had something to complain about, but here, I just have to say BRAVO.

Also have not noticed the community beeing so unanimously agreeing since a while (but do not read everything :blush: ). Ok, dec. 16th, should be able to survive until then (also think it's the first time I'll buy more than one at release date)

Here is a very fast attempt to include the Restaurant with others side to side:

10105415916_894c35022e_c.jpg

Modular_Steet_Palace_Cinema_Restaurant_modifié-6 par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

Longue vie Lego!

Edited by SwissBrick

Beautiful! :wub:

Having such a substantial piece count on a relatively compact building has really allowed for the details to be packed in! Like many others have said, I too haven't been this impressed with a modular building since CC and GG (and I've been a big fan of all the buildings in the line). I can't bring myself to watch the designer video or look too closely at the pictures - there seems to be so many neat details, and I want to discover them on my own as I build it.

LOVE IT.

I think putting this set on the end of the block (like Citizen shows) is the right move. There is just too much great detail on the side of the building (staircase/chimney/outdoor patio) to sandwich it in between another building.

What I've done is to develop a couple of green, or park, spaces using the small lego seasonal offerings. The Springtime Scene is 88 pieces and is currently on sale on the US lego website for $3.98. That way, the detail on the side of my MOC and the parisian cafe can really be seen. I used a 32 x 32 plate........ and the components of springtime scene and fall scene look great in creating a green space between modular buildings.

Wow. It's beautiful. I love the colors, and it's a nice change from what I expected (I was dreading tan with a dark red roof). The small size definitely "breaks the box" in a new way, and it's really good to see Jamie back (not that Astrid's designs weren't great, I just felt that the emphasis on stories was strange).

The only problem that I can see is that it's not modular any more! Yes - it fits in with the other buildings, so it's modular in that sense, but previous designs have had copyable middle floors or could be placed side to side to make a bigger building. With this one, the main door on the second floor wouldn't line up!

Overall though - it's an amazing set and a day 1 purchase for certain. It looks great with the rest of the buildings (though it's oddly short next to the Town Hall, which is my theory as to why they put it next to the Cinema), and I can't wait to add it to the lineup.

I think putting this set on the end of the block (like Citizen shows) is the right move. There is just too much great detail on the side of the building (staircase/chimney/outdoor patio) to sandwich it in between another building.

The market street set can be good for that, as one of the half building of that set is only a ground floor. Though that the other half of the set is better with nothing at its right side due to its top level terrace... but that one could probably be built mirrored to put the ground-only part between the Parisian Restaurant and it.

I love the quality of the set, but im a bit concerned about the quantity of it. It is clearly the smallest modular released to date, and it is a whole floor less than it should be, with little price change. the part count is high, but obviously the part count is not in bricks.

You must bear in mind that the 'modular' line has matured a great deal since the very first buildings, and so today the interior has a more important role in merchandising these products. Jamie himself says in the video that part of the structure was sacrificed for detailing inside the restaurant, and in this release it definitely works.

Also remember that this 'restaurant' is essentially a bistro, and so is very faithful with being compact. In many respects, its smaller scale does it more justice because these family run businesses are not large franchises, and are settled rather sweetly in early Twentieth century / late Nineteenth century buildings architecture. This product almost has a rural feel to it, which makes it perfect to display on its own rather than connecting to the other modular buildings.

One word: Stunning

I ll join basically everyone and say that I am so pleased about this set. I really did not expect it to be olive green. Love it!

I really like that the stairway will leave a little alley space and allow the details on the side of the chimney to be seen even if you *do* sandwich it between two other modulars. It will make a sort of quiet entryway and give extra privacy to the patio outside the couple's apartment :wub:

Wow. It's beautiful. I love the colors, and it's a nice change from what I expected (I was dreading tan with a dark red roof). The small size definitely "breaks the box" in a new way, and it's really good to see Jamie back (not that Astrid's designs weren't great, I just felt that the emphasis on stories was strange).

The only problem that I can see is that it's not modular any more! Yes - it fits in with the other buildings, so it's modular in that sense, but previous designs have had copyable middle floors or could be placed side to side to make a bigger building. With this one, the main door on the second floor wouldn't line up!

Actually, see how there are two doors on the second floor, one of which only leads to an almost-not-even-there balcony? Just remove that tiny balcony and the door behind it will line up with the top of the stairs. Brilliant!

The only problem I can see in this set is that if it is connected to another building the window on the wall with the stairs will get covered up.

Echoing what everybody else already said:

I think this is one of the most beautiful modular buildings ever released.

The colours, the details... wow. Incredibly beautiful.

The title of best modular to date will depend on the building experience / techniques, but I'm fairly sure the Parisian Restaurant won't disappoint us in that regard :wink:

Actually, see how there are two doors on the second floor, one of which only leads to an almost-not-even-there balcony? Just remove that tiny balcony and the door behind it will line up with the top of the stairs. Brilliant!

I totally missed that! That's actually a pretty nice way to solve the problem too - I knew I should have never doubted Jamie.

Ok, a lovely set i must say, really wonderful to look at and a great joy to build but...

forgive me for bringing this up, but this set really makes me think whether Jamie created this by himself,

or with (a lot of) inspiration from the AFOL community. When i look at those gray feathers close to the roof,

it looks very similar to the ones in my police station Moc a few years ago (check Muntstraat Police HQ if you like)

It feels a bit like he used my idea, which should be some sort of compiment i suppose?...