Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Wow! I just mean...wow! This definitely looks like a 10/10 in my book. And white croissants?! I hope Admiral Pastry doesn't find out... :look:

I don't think I've read a single (serious) complaint about this Modular. Maybe that's the honeymoon period we're all in at the moment, but it looks fantastic and I can't wait for its release.

I don't think I've read a single (serious) complaint about this Modular. Maybe that's the honeymoon period we're all in at the moment, but it looks fantastic and I can't wait for its release.

It's not out yet! that's my complaint :tongue:

This is... so epic. By far my most favorite modular! :laugh:

The attention to detail is so amazing! So many details and an amazing assortment of elements.

I think I need this one.

To this day, the Green Grocer is the only modular I own because it made me go "wow. I gotta buy this one" upon seeing it.

That one may be my 2nd.

a big LOL at the guy proposing to his girlfriend with The One Ring to rule them all! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10086613333_5f8cd669e9_c.jpg

A kneeling minifig, I think this hasn't been done since that set I got as a kid!

1497-1.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

Wow, this is a very beautiful set ! I think it's gonna be the first one I'll buy.

Definitely what I hoped for: outdoor seating, and an apartment above. The artist studio is a real bonus too. I like how they have the outdoor seating in two places. I kind of figured there would be a rat in the back. The detail is amazing. This should get great reviews. Now to start saving up....

Wow, it's like TLC got right inside our heads, I mean it has everything that has been discussed, requested, dreamed about and more! Incredible! No stickers, new bricks, "new" color (you know what I mean!), new techniques, new architecural style, jam packed with details inside AND outside...did I forget something? I will most certainly purchase this, and then some!

I am just blown away by this set! Only recently emerging from my dark ages I missed out on café corner, so this set was going to be a high priority even before I saw it. But now I have an opportunity to buy this fantastic restaurant which more than makes up for it! I wonder if there are others thinking on the same lines and maybe café corner prices will come down a bit?

Edited by Heppeng

I am just blown away by this set! Only recently emerging from my dark ages I missed out on café corner, but now I have an opportunity to buy this fantastic restaurant which more than makes up for it! I wonder if there are others thinking on the same lines and maybe café corner prices will come down a bit?

I was there when the café corner came out and never regretted passing on it - IMHO it's extremely overrated, it's just a boring, big empty box

compared to what came after it.

I got the Green Grocer and love it, but its 2nd and 3rd floors were mostly empty. This one is filled to the brim with details!

I'm SUPER excited for this set!! I can't wait to get my copy. All the details are superb and I'm loving the colours!

Thanks GRogall for adding this to your modular lineup so we can get a sense of height for it. My main concern was how it would stack up to the others.

Wow! I just mean...wow! This definitely looks like a 10/10 in my book. And white croissants?! I hope Admiral Pastry doesn't find out... :look:

I can see the white croissants being useful in the another Tournament of Retribution for the ghost of Admiral Pastry fig. :classic: So many good bits in this set.

a big LOL at the guy proposing to his girlfriend with One Ring to rule them all! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, that's the ring she will use to rule over him. :laugh:

Edited by dr_spock

Truly beautiful.

I felt that the Chinese theatre broke with the "style" ,if you can call it that, of the modulars. It sticks out like a sore thumb, not that it isn't a nice building but it doesn't quite fit in with the rest.

Isn't that what most cinemas are supposed to do? Most real cinemas I know don't fit in as well.

This set is simply beautiful! Normally I only buy one set when it comes to modulars, but this set has got me thinking...

I love the colour-scheme. And the atmospere of it all... It just breaths France!

Bonjour, bonjour, restaurant Paris!

Also includes a ... seagull....

10086624233_e603808a2d_c.jpg

Biggest bloomin' seagull I've ever seen!

:laugh:

Has anyone found the real seagull?

Edited by eurotrash

I personally think we can find better and more classic colors for this restautrant. Still, I bet it's in the top 3 of all modular buildings, and better than the previous three ones.

Well you will be able to build it this year since it will get a VIP early release on the 16th. of December!

Amazing! I think I'm going to have to buy myself a Christmas present this year. Love the feathers along the roof, the tiles and wood on the flooring... This is too good.

This is an awesome restaurant and I am definitely going to buy one copy of this extraordinary set! However, it is smaller than any of the other modulars. So it seems to be a bit dear.

Nice set!

This is probably the modular to unseat GG in my head as the best looking modular of all time. Best interiors in the line, rarest colors in the line (at time of release), best rear view of the line. $10 increase is nothing; it has more pieces than everything else save TH, and still ringing close to 0.066 cents/piece. Cheap, when you think about it LOL!

Still keeping track...

2007 - CC - business/corner

2008 - GG - business/residential

2009 - FB - govt

2010 - GE - business/corner

2011 - PS - business/residential

2012 - TH - govt

2013 - PC - business/corner

2014 - PR - business/residential

2015 - :grin: hmmm

I own at least one of each of the modular buildings and two of most of them. The detail on this is outstanding. I especially appreciate the detail on the side of the building. As far as what I don't like, there's a little too much white on the front of the building. I would have liked some brown/tan earth tones.

The price is very reasonable considering the piece count and all of the new elements.

Good job, Lego.