Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

I think the gentleman's hair is new? I don't recall having seen that shape before.

I normally only get the one, but this might be worth picking up a second one. But I'm too far backed up with all of the exclusives, it will have to wait.

Wow this is just a fantastic set and everything I hoped for!

Guess this will be at number one on my shopping list for the new year. :-)

I have all the modulars except MS - doubles of many. I love them. But, this brings it to a whole new level. I was skeptical of the PC and TH before release - not this one. I cannot wait to get at least two. The details and printed elements are great. I'm a little hesitant about the look of it in line with the rest of the street because of the gap at the second floor (notice how they put it on the other side of a corner - but that could have been to show off the side details), but all the details will surely make up for it. I'm usually annoyed when people say this, but I will for the first time: TLG - shut-up and take my money!

Amazing work on the details! This is really going on my must-buy list! I like the architecture for this one, and the colors fit perfectly :wub::thumbup:

I think the gentleman's hair is new? I don't recall having seen that shape before.

If you are referring to the guy with feathered hair, I'm pretty sure Luke Skywalker has hair like that.

Wow... I'd just started organising my modulars so I could sell them over the internet (poor and no room), but this is seriously making me reconsider that...

Wow! I can't remember when the last time our best guesses and expectations were completely blown away in such a stunning manner. This set looks to be everything we could possibly desire. Details, colors, architectural design, populated interiors. Rare useful pieces. It has everything. And may be the best modular yet to be offered. Well done Lego!

The blonde feathered hair is a newer Luke Skywalker hairpiece from a few years back. The slightly styled traditional hair is from AGENTS.

Amazing. It looks much better than previous modulars. It's nice to see that the modulars are contanstly improving on small details.

It looks way better than the preceding two modulars. Could this be because it's Jamie Berard again who designed this set?

Wow, thank you for the images! I cannot wait till January now. This might be my new favourite of all the modular series! So excited!

Love how they did the rolling pin

Interesting to note that the waiter is using a shield piece as the tray and not the tray piece from the CMF series.

Here is my stab at listing the not-seen-before elements in the set:

New bowl piece (used for the lamps and flower pots)

New scooter

New printed menu tile

New printed restaurant sign

New printed torso on the artist figure

It also looks like there is a new 2 x 2 round tile element too, if you look at the plates in the picture of the chef cutting up the chicken, it looks like the stud on the bottom radar dish is sticking into the 2 x 2 round tile. Same thing with the stud on top of the bottles used in the table lamps.

Anyone see any new-for-2014 elements (or for that matter, existing elements in new colors) in this set?

Awesome modular!

New2014Bowl.png

I'm so fascinated by this new bowl piece, I don't know why.

-Sci

I wonder where it's from, it seems it's obviously supposed to connect to a top piece.

This might be my favorite modular yet :wub: And that says a lot. I love the color scheme and details in the facade are fantastic.

Definitely my favourite modular to date. The parts usage and variety is spectacular - all those feathers, olive green bricks, the interesting new plant pots, the scooter, everything!

Some little things to note:

- It appears we're getting grapes in a (new?) shade of purple.

- A bucket handle is smartly utilised for the scooter kickstand.

- There is a new printed round 1x1 dial on the stove.

- The lamps next to the tables on the ground floor (inside) possibly look to be a combination of a new round 2x2 tile with a central stud + a clear wine glass + the new half-sphere bowl.

- The printed menu tile reads: Hors Doeurevs (which after a quick Google search is French for a first course), then Entries and finally Desserts.

- A generous collection of green and translucent bottles.

- The use of some of the Castle gates (the ones found, for example, in 70402 The Gatehouse Raid) to create the vegetated awning that covers the outside dining area at the front.

- The waiter uses a shield piece as a tray.

Anyhow, an all round absolutely fabulous set. I'll most likely be braving the inevitably absurd Australian pricing to get this gem. There hasn't been a large set this compelling for quite a while. Lovely.

Edited by Carousel

This is absolutely stunning. :wub: Thanks Jamie for giving us an amazingly detailed Modular with lots and lots of clever building techniques and piece usages again. :sweet: I've been drooling over the pictures since we received the press release at EB.

Anyone know what "Chez Albert" refers to?

Doing a quick Google search shows that it's a French restaurant in Massachusetts. Odd choice... :shrug_confused:

I bet there are thousands of little restaurants in France called "Chez Albert". I think it's just meant to be a generic French restaurant name. The "A" shape on the sign seems to be a reference to the Eiffel Tower though.

It very much reminds me of a mix between cafe corner and Green Grocer. There's a lot of Green Grocer-like design in there.

It indeed reminds me of the Green Grocer in a lot of ways and it's going right on top of my list of favourite Modulars together with that set.

It looks way better than the preceding two modulars. Could this be because it's Jamie Berard again who designed this set?

This is clearly a Jamie creation: lots of amazing building techniques and clever usage of pieces. Next to that, I love how he uses every stud of space as efficiently as possible. Look at the amount of detail he managed to cram into the kitchen, how the curtains on the inside nicely cover up the supports in the wall for the little columns on the ground floor, etc. The previous two Modulars (Town Hall and Pet Shop) had large open spaces that could have been used for so much more interior detailing, but this is just packed. I also like that the row of 32 wide blocks is broken up again by the outside stairs.

Interesting to note that the waiter is using a shield piece as the tray and not the tray piece from the CMF series.

It has a stud, so it can actually hold a wine bottle. I was surprised the tray from the CMF series didn't have that.

Woooooow! It blew me away.

I didn't dare to dream about a modular with so many details, because of the amount of tiny bricks - it's usually something we only see on buldings by skilled MOC'ers.

And a scooter! Finally purist can put a new vehicle in to the scenery.

Can't wait for the designervideo to reveal something more.

Amazing modular and fascinating details. It's awesome to see some new parts, and offcourse finnaly proper scooter!

I honestly think this may just have taken the lead as the best modular......Ever!

The level of details on all three levels is just superb. I lover the layout of the stairs going up to the different levels.

I am really pumped about this. I didn't expect any images that early, and the building is just beautiful. Love it, love it, love it. I can't wait to get it.

Hi

i am dissapointed! No images from GRogall but Rick :)

Regarding that model, i had to say it is much better than i expected. It is defenitely a must buy for me. Again Lego used special colors plus unsual parts. Just wow! I like how they fixed the issue with lots of table space for visitors without making a huge empty hall.

Dino

i am dissapointed! No images from GRogall but Rick :)

The images were sent to Eurobricks and come from a press release sent out by TLG to all AFOL sites.

I must echo the words of those who already posted. It looks absolutely fabulous, and I can't wait to build it!

One wonders, however, why they will not release it in time for the Christmas present shopping frenzy...

/Bregir out