Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

Alien Fighter

Hey All!

My latest build is a small alien fighter. When I saw the cocoon from the Galaxy Squad sets I wanted to use it as an engine thruster. So I built the engine first and designed the rest of the ship around that engine.

Hope you enjoy...

10069435375_5b351c2811.jpg

10069434915_353ef974b2.jpg

10069401144_46a1939209.jpg

10069533343_86014ab147.jpg

10069434605_10504b75f2.jpg

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

rongYIREN

It looks really good. I like the color-combo and especially the contrast on the wing nacelles(?).

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate the feedabck! :sweet:

Very nice!

Maybe center the 1x3 slopes on the underside. And remove the flick-fire missiles :grin:

Ha, perhaps I can make an AFOL version with no flick-fire missiles...

I like your idea about placing the underside 1x3 slope(landing struts) in the center... it is now updated.

Nice moc. from the top view it has the appearance that it transforms into a mech.

Transforming into a mech? Now that is a nice idea. I think I'll work on a new version this weekend... thanks a lot! :laugh:

The whole colorscheme makes it looks amusing and kind of fun. Some advice for the mech form: the thrusters would make excellent blasters or very stable feet. With some work the wing flaps could be used as hands.

Nice MOC! I'm looking forward to seeing the transforming mech version. :excited:

Very nice! I really like the use of the Galaxy squad eggs as rocket boosters, and I can't wait to see how they look as feet!

Great colorscheme. In my neighborhood, a car or bike that color is nature's way of saying "don't touch me and get out of my way." I'm betting in this guy's neck of the galaxy the same rule applies. Unless the pilot just stole it, in which case he broke the rule immediately.

I like this MOC because it's so shiny and new and thus has the potential to be battle damaged...I'd love to see it "change hands" a few times after some impressive races or battles and see what each pilot does to repair and fix it.

Just as an experiment, what happens when you reverse the slope of the front hood pieces, like flip them so the other side is facing front (so the small curve and yellow stripe are facing forward) - I'm wondering if it might fool the eye into thinking the front was bulkier.

Cool fighter......though the flick fires....oh, well they can stay....it just means that craft is packing more heat ! :devil:

Great designing and Brick On Fight On 'rongYIREN' ! :grin: