Jonsson

[MOC] W427 Hard Tail Bobber a.k.a Widowmaker

That's a beauty. I've never bought a lego bike but I would consider this one for display purposes.

A great build and the front page is deserved.

H

Great bike man wow!

Cuusoo is a tough crowd though for technic though. I remember when everyone thought this bike would breeze through Cuusoo. It started strong and then died off.

The biggest issue with Cuusoo is that they aren't showing some random projects on the main page. Pretty much any sites have this feature. There isn't even a "browse random projects" feature, with is pretty outrageous IMHO.

Without these features, you have to do an enormous advertising campaign outside Cuusoo to get that 10,000 supports, unless you get many (tens or hundreds of) supports in the first few hours (literally). Otherwise your model disappears from the Cuusoo lurkers pretty quickly.

The only Technic model I know of that won the 10,000 was Sheepo's Land Rover. Which was featured pretty much everywhere, Lego sites, car sites, even printed magazines and was (is) a model that generates huge interest outside of the Lego fan-base.

Anyway, I supported because I also think this is one of the best motorbikes. It looks cool and seems to be built with legal techniques and seems quite sturdy. Most Lego bikes I have seen looked so fragile and looked like only display models that require instructions just to be held in hand.

Grat model - love it!

Made me sign up for cuusoo.....

Edited by Luza

Oh my gosh!

This is absolutely amazing ...the flex cables on the front wheel show a great attention to details! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Superb work and compliments for the front page! :thumbup:

Thank you, yes I´m really happy how the idea with the flex cables turned out..:)

Wow, this is unbelievably cool.

Very very nice. Many thanks for sharing and congrats on getting on the front page.

Supported on Cuusoo :)

Thank you all for your kind comments and support. :)

wow!

probably one of the best bikes i've ever seen!

i really love the red air filters and the tan exhaust tubes! :wink: in one word: WOW

Anyone else watched Easy Rider since seeing this? :D

To be honest - I thought more about what I needed to improve in my MOC's ;)

To be honest - I thought more about what I needed to improve in my MOC's ;)

And I checked out your thread for the exactly the same reason! :)

I admire how you and other people manage to include so many mechanical features on the bikes. I guess that is way so many engineers like technic..;)

I find that the to be the biggest challenge when building bikes. To implement them without screwing up the esthetics.

In a car you can (often) hide the stuff you don't want to show under bodywork, and leave the parts you want to get focus on, and let them be a part of the esthetics to the complete model.

Edited by Jonsson

This is outstanding. I adore the colors you decided to build this bike with. I'd love to see instructions for this, one day.

Thanks for posting this.