^ Each to their own

The tintin books were actually the first books i read by myself and I still absolutely love them!

I am basing majority of my minifigures off the comics, although it is hard to find comic looking faces as I don't want to use decals...

thats tru, but cool that you've red the comics/books before you saw the movie. Seems like Tintin is popular Down Under. I know Cadel Eavns is big fan aswell.

Hadock is very cool, don't know about Calculus, as Idon't know how he looks in the movie, they seem to be quite different.

If you don't want to use decals, why not paint he faces, thats what I do for my customs anyway. Games Workshop paint is very good for it, and it's water based, so if you make a mistake, you can rub or scratsh it of. It's also very easy paint to work with in general, you just need water to clean your brushes, no chemicals.

Ah dammit I only have two reserved for thomson and thompson.

Maybe allan or another villan soon?

The fedora works fine too! I think Thompson and Thompson would be good next.

Is the head from Captain Haddock a real lego face or selfmade? I don't recognize it.

Ah, Tintin. I used to have most of the books but lost them in a house move. Currently re-buying them. Destination Moon is my all time favourite story. Love the rocket and spacesuits. No idea how those could be translated into minifigure form. I have two different vinyl statuettes of Tintin and Snowy in spacesuits. Very cool.

Bianca Castafiore would be an essential character. Haddock's nemesis. Again, tough to pull off but I imagine the challenge would make doing it worthwhile.

If I was doing these I would add Chang Chong-Chen and Abdullah. General Alcazar and Piotr Skut the pilot. Mik Kanrokitoff from Flight 714 and Jolyon Wagg.

Blistering Barnacles - the Captain is excellent! But like others have commented Calculus's hat doesn't seem quite right.

Castafiore could be challenge :)

I like the look of Captain Haddock! He looks the best out of the three.

Prof. Calculus's face looks a little odd; I think his moustache and goatee should probably be taller and thinner, and also definitely black. Maybe you could make his poof of hair out of Sculpey or something?

I have another suggestion for Calculus's hat, which has the sort of wavy brim it does in the comic books: the BrickArms Boonie hat.

Is the head from Captain Haddock a real lego face or selfmade? I don't recognize it.

The head is from thorin oakenshield. Hope that helps :wink:

Am looking into making a Bianca. Will look to approve calculus's face.

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

These look great SandMirror! I think the Prof's hat looks ok, but wasn't it grey and had a shorter brim in the books? (Been a long time since i read them, trying to remember!) Mybe you could try to cut the brim on the fedora and paint it, but it might be too much effort and it looks pretty good as is. Going to put them in any mocs? :classic:

^ Thanks for dropping by!!! :blush:

As I told you these minifigures are for a secret MOC that I am building... If you search hard in the forums you will find what you seek :tongue:

I have decided that Tintin is the only character to have a custom piece as these will eventually make themselves into a CUUSOO project

For everyone else Nestor should be up in about a week :sweet:

I have multiple minfigures assorted here and there for this project but I have run out of decals for torso's so I'll have to make some :wink:

Edit: Wow I talk a lot...

Edited by SandMirror38

Haddock is brilliant. I need to see Calculus without his hat though. :grin:

Haddock is brilliant. I need to see Calculus without his hat though. :grin:

Calculus without his hat..hmmm looks like I'll be ordering a fair few Old Grandpa Bald caps

Hi guys, Will be updating soon :sweet:

Collage break coming up so I'll be posting more, upcoming is...

Nestor- 80% done

Thomspon's'-60% done

Bianca- 50% done

Hopefully I can still impress you guys :grin:

Now one last question, does anyone know somebody who can print decals clear onto the torso brick??

I'm a conformist! guys,

Sand

WIP Nestor!

After leaving this project for a LONG time I'm back!!

Check first post to see Nestor and the other 3, as my mini figures have been damaged I will need to do them again :ugh: So if somebody could link me to a cheap clear decal printer straight on bricks that would be very appreciated :classic: