Hello Eurobricks!

These are my first custom minfigures which I have devoted to Tintin, first of all I would like to say a huge thanks to: Hound Knight-for inspiring me, and by suppling decals for Tintin, Capt. Haddock and Calculus.- Second to (Dutch) -who spent countless hours making me decals :)- and finally to JopieK and his team at ministickers.nl for printing me these great decals (buy them here! http://ministickers.nl/shop/shop/minifigs-2/tintin-minifigs/)

Enough talking!

Here's the buckling reporter himself!

10067468183_1432920183.jpg

Tintin by SandMirror38, on Flickr

Decal by Hound Knight, whilst I myself made the hairpiece using games workshop's 'green stuff'

*Edit* -Added Haddock and Calculus-

10240064774_28ac449c0b.jpg

Captain Haddock by SandMirror38, on Flickr

10240067684_61cfed3415.jpg

Professor Calculus by SandMirror38, on Flickr

More minifigures coming soon!

*UPDATE 2!*

WIP Nestor!

13796953544_ae247c7e5f.jpgWIP Nestor -Front- by SandMirror38, on Flickr

13796620893_aa6102da05.jpgWIP Nestor -Back- by SandMkr

*FINAL UPDATE*

Woah, long time no see!!! (Admin'll probably hate me for bumping this... :grin:)

So after a long process of anything and everything to do with getting these minifigures made they are FINALLY done and I am happy to present my custom printed Tintin minifigures!!

16763527150_515662bd8d_b.jpgCustom Tintin minifigures. by SandMirror38, on Flickr

Which ones are YOUR favorite?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have :)

Kind Regards,

SandMirror38

Very nice, but we can't possibly have him without Snowy!

Too true, I've been trying to find a old mould of a white dog, which (with some customising) would be perfect for Snowy. Although I can't find the mould on BL :(

Hopefully I can finish up and upload another character today or tomorrow

So hopefully someone here can help me, I found the dog a while ago in LDD and here is a picture of it.

https://www.flickr.c...15/10075084563/

On the right, it is possible someone could look into this and find the dog for me on BL?

Don't know if you saw my comment. You can buy a Snowy-looking dog here: http://www.firestart...g-~-White-.html

Your link is broken so I don't know if it's the same one.

Don't know if you saw my comment. You can buy a Snowy-looking dog here: http://www.firestart...g-~-White-.html

Your link is broken so I don't know if it's the same one.

Oops, Would you be able to get a picture of that dog next to a minifigure for sense of scale? I brought the Stephanie soccer friends set and am customising that dog. Though your one looks great!

Captain Haddock should be up late today -NO PROMISES!- I need to finish off the cap and hair

Looking at this picture it seems like the one I was thinking of will be too big. Oh well.

Yea, thought that might be the case. Oh well thanks for looking into it.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

with a 3D-Printer. There are some companies like Shape-Ways where you can print your 3d-models.

Or maybe there´s someone in the community that has a 3D-Printer whom you could ask.

@kingpixels - I know of some that have good results taking a printed part and soaking it briefly in a solvent like acetate or something. It smooths the edges out remarkably.

@Sandmirror - Great job, I like the decal - I'd almost argue for making his hair even bigger...

I can't say I read much of Tin Tin as a child, though as an adult I'm always envious of how amazing the art style is - of the detailed backgrounds working with the crisp lines of the characters. Very interesting comic. Didn't they just make a movie about this? OR it's in the works? I can't imagine anyone can "get it right." I anticipate a disaster...but that's just me.

^ Ha ha. Thanks. I thought the same myself about the hair...

As for the movie it's been out for 2 years and is bloody amazing! They're onto the 2nd one and I've seen the first 48 times.... :blush:

As for the movie it's been out for 2 years and is bloody amazing! They're onto the 2nd one and I've seen the first 48 times.... :blush:

Really, no offence intended, but I refuse to see the movie. I really loved the comics as a kid, and the cartoons were cool aswell, since they are almost 100 % identical to the comics. But a Holywood production about one of my childhood hero's, I prefer not to see that. I can only be disapointed, even if the movie looks great..

Have you red the comics?

To get back on topic, that is why I like it that your custom looks like the comic version ;)

^ Each to their own

The tintin books were actually the first books i read by myself and I still absolutely love them!

I am basing majority of my minifigures off the comics, although it is hard to find comic looking faces as I don't want to use decals...

The wait was worth it!

Look at the first post for Professor Calculus and Capt. Haddock. I am really happy with how these two turned out

Edited by SandMirror38