alois

MOC: Barbershop

I wanted to have another building in my town, to form the counterpart of my café 'the corner'. So it had to be a corner building, and I wanted it to be in Dutch neo-renaissance style. To achieve the corner look, I did something of which Pythagoras wouldn't approve, but Lego is tolerating enough for it. Now I had to find an occupation for the building, and since it will be located in front of the station it became a barbershop, with interior (a little bit outdated, but I haven't been to a barbershop since 1997 myself :laugh: .

10058005414_cd55075d78_z.jpg

Our friend Hendrik-Jan is finally forced by his wife to get his long hair cut.

10058141823_e0b9af85eb_z.jpg

Inside the old barber puts him on a chair and in no time he's presentable again.

10058030515_d7755e1898_z.jpg

Actually, he's glad his wife made him go...

10058128243_e42a348c3f_z.jpg

More can be found here.

Edited by alois

Very cool! Lots of nice building techniques. Love the style of the building too! If Lego released this as a modular build, I would buy it in a heartbeat

I did something of which Pythagoras wouldn't approve.

If Pythagoras had had access to Lego I think the world could be very different!

As for the MOC. It's really well executed and it looks like a Barbershop from street level with the scissors and the red/white spiral sign. I'm digging the facade - very Dutch with those cheese slope patterns and until I checked your flickr account I didn't realize it even had a garage with car. But the interior is what makes this special. Are you sure you haven't been in one since '97? If so, you must have a damn good memory - it just looks so right; the seats, the mirrors on the wall, the lino flooring...... it just needs a guy with a broom to sweep up the clippings and you can almost smell the Brylcreem!

Really nice build! The scissors are a great idea. Could show a better picture of the chairs? I am really curious about those.

I really like the exterior, the colours go well and there's a nice amount of detail, particularly the cheese slopes, great touch!! And those scissors are something else!! Amazing work :classic:

I do think the guy was better with long hair tho, I like long hair :tongue:

Happy building :laugh:

This is great! I love the cheese slope trims under the windows and those scissors are just awesome!

Very nice. I like the tan and brown colours against the red roof. I always thought that the barber's pole is usually on the side walk or in the window.

Very nicely done, and yes, the scissors are definitely the best part of this moc. Both those representing the shop sign and those that the barber holds in the hand. :classic:

I like the interior more that outside. Too much reddish brown, although like the design as different to what I've seen previously.