Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

The Tundra: MCB II

The Mitgardian tundra has many plains and forests, and is a magnet for hunters and wanderers. Here we have a Mitgardian adventurer hiking through the dense foliage.

dscn0873.jpg

The adventurer.

dscn0879.jpg

One more shot, just for giggles. :wink:

dscn0880.jpg

This is my first entry for the Landscapes Mitgardian Community Build. Just a quickie. :wink:

Great job Infernum, as mpoh98 said, great work on the foliage on the ground.

Edited by Bkrosell

Small but cute. The moss on the rock looks good.

Nice presentation of the tundra! I wish it was a bit bigger though to show a bit more of the environment. :classic: As you said it's a quicky, bit I'm convinced you can do better! :wink:

Neat vignette, the undergrowth is excellent and I like how you added a few white flowers :thumbup: The section of rock in the back corner is excellent too :classic:

The Mitgardian tundra has many plains and forests, and is a magnet for hunters and wanderers. Here we have a Mitgardian adventurer hiking through the dense foliage.

I thought that the very definition of tundra was an area where tree growth is hindered by low temperatures and/or short growing seasons (at least according to Wikipedia :wink:).

Other than that comment your build definitely has a distinct tundra feel, it reminds me of hiking through dense low brushes in the alpine tundra of northern Sweden.

One amazing thing with tundra vegetation is that during the short time of the year when there are flowers, all flowers basically come at the same time. I guess those particular flowers in this vig are Mitgardian snowflowers? :classic:

I kinda hate to be the smartass here, but gideon is right about tundra. tundra - no trees, only shrubs taiga: boreal forest - actually Ecc's mistake, but hey, this is Historica (and what's a dutch to know about forests anyway :wink:) ...

You get dwarf trees in Alpine tundra unless I'm mistaken. Low shrubs are the tallest you get in Arctic tundra. There are concerns that the melting of permafrost in real life is affecting habitats, as spruce trees are able grow in places they previously couldn't. Just food for thought.

Fantastic work here! Love the foliage on the ground, and the slight slants in it!

Thanks a bunch Matthew!

Great job Infernum, as mpoh98 said, great work on the foliage on the ground.

Thanks! It used up all my leaves. :wink:

Small but cute. The moss on the rock looks good.

Thanks Yooha! :classic:

Nice presentation of the tundra! I wish it was a bit bigger though to show a bit more of the environment. :classic: As you said it's a quicky, bit I'm convinced you can do better! :wink:

Thanks! Ha, ha, yes, I can do much better, but I wasn't sure if the 16x16 rule still applied. I guess not, but better safe than sorry. :wink:

Looks like he cut down all the trees from the hill from all the leaves on the ground.

Well, did he have fun doing it? :grin:

Neat vignette, the undergrowth is excellent and I like how you added a few white flowers :thumbup: The section of rock in the back corner is excellent too :classic:

Thanks SK! :sweet:

I thought that the very definition of tundra was an area where tree growth is hindered by low temperatures and/or short growing seasons (at least according to Wikipedia :wink:).

Other than that comment your build definitely has a distinct tundra feel, it reminds me of hiking through dense low brushes in the alpine tundra of northern Sweden.

One amazing thing with tundra vegetation is that during the short time of the year when there are flowers, all flowers basically come at the same time. I guess those particular flowers in this vig are Mitgardian snowflowers? :classic:

Thanks! Ha, ha, I really don't know, I was just following Ecc's description. :wink:

Past the mountains you'll find the tundra, which holds plains and forests.

Actually the flowers were meant to be little spots of snow, but they could be flowers too. :wink: