Jargo

Classic spaceman torch(flashlight) and Nightlight

Just purchased one of these on ebay but it seems they're available in the UK from Argos in either blue or white flavours. Priced £24.99.

519gI37pBoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There's also a classic spaceman 3 inch keychain torch(flashlight) available in blue, red and white flavours. Though you'll need to hunt around for those. A quick search on ebay found this seller with them

I think these key lights are fantastic. I saw a bunch of other ones from Chima and City the other day in a Staples office supplies store and was surprised at how good they look. The original release of the plain headed blue/red minifigure was a bit dull but these themed ones are great.

If I've posted this in the wrong place I apologise.

Edited by Jargo

Really Jargo? How cool. An eight inch high Classic Lego spaceman torch. What a great addition to the series of torches. Thanks for letting me know they're available.

Oh no problem Jargo. You're welcome.

:hmpf_bad:

Seriously, over 200 views and not one comment? That kinda sucks.

Great find. They even use the proper classic helmet. I will have to hunt these down. I wonder if there is any connection between this and the to be released Lego movie.

This looks better than the other minifigure torch`s out there it is definitely going on my christmas list.

Lol, sorry man. I was going to say thanks, actually, since ever since seeing this post, I've been on the lookout. No luck so far.

But I do have a newborn and two-year old, so I've got an excuse I guess. For not posting, I mean. :)

Really Jargo? How cool. An eight inch high Classic Lego spaceman torch. What a great addition to the series of torches. Thanks for letting me know they're available.

Oh no problem Jargo. You're welcome.

:hmpf_bad:

Seriously, over 200 views and not one comment? That kinda sucks.

Edited by DPrime

Naaaaw, Congrats on the newborn. :thumbup:

One detail I forgot to mention is that the large torch comes packaged in a window box with a flap and the airtanks and helmet are packed separately to the minifig. So some giant sized assembly is required, which is cool. Also not having a big Lego logo on the torso looks better. I mean, the logo is all over the packaging and on the base. The actual torch doesn't need it.

There's a timer built in so it doesn't stay on all night and drain the batteries. Just long enough for a kid to fall asleep. though you can switch that off and have the torch light up only when the button is held down for regular torch use. All the parts move like a regular minifig. It just makes me smile every time I look at it or use it.

For anyone in America, I believe the Kennedy space centre visitor centre shop has the keychain version. Which must mean other places will have them.

Just found this on amazon.com but it says there's only 3 in stock and it seems a bit pricey at $46.95. Perhaps it's intended to be Christmas stock and will become more plentiful and cheaper the closer we get to December? At the moment I see City, Star Wars and Ninjago LED LITE products around so the Spaceman must be fresh product alongside the Legends of Chima stuff.

Interesting, out of curiosity, how does the fig light up? Does it have one of those hideous protruding button's on it's chest, or this they hide the button somewhere less conspicous?

Naaaaw, Congrats on the newborn. :thumbup:

Thanks!

I wonder if this might see a wider release after the movie, since the blue spaceman is featured in it... I like these, just not enough to order online and pay shipping and all that...