Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

So the premiere of the new Ninjago season last week apparently did very well. The show has done nicely with its target age range in the past and makes me wonder how it might change the way TLG approaches TV programming in the future.

Today the second episode of the season will air in the U.S. Can't wait to see it! I've been mostly ignoring spoilers so far since I prefer to see the episodes when they actually air. But I know from the preview that this episode will have pirates, which is cool.

Yeah, I reall want to see the pirates in better quality too. . . :tongue:

So the premiere of the new Ninjago season last week apparently did very well. The show has done nicely with its target age range in the past and makes me wonder how it might change the way TLG approaches TV programming in the future.

Today the second episode of the season will air in the U.S. Can't wait to see it! I've been mostly ignoring spoilers so far since I prefer to see the episodes when they actually air. But I know from the preview that this episode will have pirates, which is cool.

Yeah, I reall want to see the pirates in better quality too. . . :tongue:

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't trying to double post. My computer is a bit crazy. . . :sad:

Edited by Kai NRG

I'd rather say they are young adults. Or rather, in that undefined age you only know about that it's young like Tintin is. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

I couldn't have said it better myself! :blush:

Anyway, I loved the newest episode. While I felt the fight scenes were somewhat weak, and Captain Soto's accent seems to waver between Pirate, Asian, and American, Dareth made up for all the episode's flaws. He's that great as a sort of "wrong context ninja" like Franz Rayner from Dr. McNinja. Also, Sensei Wu remains awesome.

I couldn't have said it better myself! :blush:

Anyway, I loved the newest episode. While I felt the fight scenes were somewhat weak, and Captain Soto's accent seems to waver between Pirate, Asian, and American, Dareth made up for all the episode's flaws. He's that great as a sort of "wrong context ninja" like Franz Rayner from Dr. McNinja. Also, Sensei Wu remains awesome.

Yeah, I like the way Dareth is funny. Any ideas as to when we'll be getting a good quality version on Youtube? :sceptic:

Edit: Here is a better (but still not quite as good as it could be) version-

Edited by Kai NRG

"Pirates vs Ninja" was good. I enjoyed Soto and his crew and actually found his accent pretty interesting. Gave a whole Oriental Pirate vibe which was probably what they were going for in the first place.

Dareth was great. I especially loved all the animal noises he made (specifically the Python).

Also, I'm really enjoying this season. I like how the story unfolds with each episode. Last season was somewhat predictable (awaken snakes, find Fang Blades, awaken Devourer). This season however (especially with little plot revealed aside from training Lloyd) seems really free and fresh like it could go in any direction.

Kalhiki

Did anyone else notice when Lloyd broke the planks Zane said "Staff" of Quakes :wacko:

Yeah, I noticed. Funny - also, for anybody that watched episode Five, the comic guy said Lloyd H somthing Garmadon instead of Lloyd Montgomery Garamdon. Why would that be?

"Pirates vs Ninja" was good. I enjoyed Soto and his crew and actually found his accent pretty interesting. Gave a whole Oriental Pirate vibe which was probably what they were going for in the first place.

Dareth was great. I especially loved all the animal noises he made (specifically the Python).

Also, I'm really enjoying this season. I like how the story unfolds with each episode. Last season was somewhat predictable (awaken snakes, find Fang Blades, awaken Devourer). This season however (especially with little plot revealed aside from training Lloyd) seems really free and fresh like it could go in any direction.

Kalhiki

Yeah, it is nice that anything can happen (since Lord Garamadon can do virtually wahtever he wants) but I'm getting a bit tired of it after 5 episodes. . . :wink:

Yeah, I noticed. Funny - also, for anybody that watched episode Five, the comic guy said Lloyd H somthing Garmadon instead of Lloyd Montgomery Garamdon. Why would that be?

Maybe he had some sort of nickname for that comic book store? Who knows.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the lord of darkness gave a middle name like "Montgomery" to his child.

Maybe he had some sort of nickname for that comic book store? Who knows.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the lord of darkness gave a middle name like "Montgomery" to his child.

I don't see much significane to "montgomery", but it's odd that Lloyd should have a middle name and mobody else - at least, as far as we know.

After watching it with my nephew, the TV series is better than I thought it would be. The episode I watched was Pirates vs. Ninja

After that, I went on ahead and watched several more episodes on YouTube. Some parts don't have too much logic, but after all, it is a kid show.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I wondered why some people were slamming Dareth. He's hilarious! His mispronunciations of Python and Sensei really shows that he's an amature (sorry I'm really big on pronunciation).

The pirates were in between for me as they weren't awesomebut they were no where near terrible a all. Looking forward to them being available in sets next year!!

I think I'm the only one, but I think I heard him say hemmeroid :tongue::blush:.

-Sci

I think I'm the only one, but I think I heard him say hemmeroid :tongue::blush:.

-Sci

You're not the only one. But like many parts of the outside USA dub, this part will probably be removed. It's really a shame that they think they need to do that kind of thing. :sad:

-Sci

Yeah, that sound like what he said. I guess it's like Zane being in the fridge :tongue: - oh, and Zane said "Nindroid's can't dream!" What's he talking about??? Didn't he have the splendid dream about the Green Ninja!?! (Or can Nindroids only dream when they don't know that they are Nindroids? :sceptic: ) :wacko:

That's what I was thinking! Is it when he realizes he is a Nindroid does he get limited to what he can do? Well I was wondering how he could dream when we found out he was a Nindroid.

So there is no new episode this week? Darn :sad:

Yeah, that sound like what he said. I guess it's like Zane being in the fridge :tongue: - oh, and Zane said "Nindroid's can't dream!" What's he talking about??? Didn't he have the splendid dream about the Green Ninja!?! (Or can Nindroids only dream when they don't know that they are Nindroids? :sceptic: ) :wacko:

I haven't seen the episode in question, but the latest season has been a bit inconsistent when it comes to Zane's abilities. In "Darkness Shall Rise", Zane gets sprayed with Venomari venom but claims it doesn't affect him, whereas in an earlier episode he had been forced to use his "Falcon Vision" when a Venomari Serpentine spit at him. Of course, that instance can be explained by him upgrading himself for Venomari immunity, since the Falcon Vision itself demonstrates he is able to upgrade and modify his robotic body in certain ways.

The "Nindroid's can't dream" incident sounds a lot more inexplicable, unless that was an instance of his "sixth sense", and now that he knows his nature as a Nindroid he knows better than to think of it as just a dream.

I was thinking that the "nindroids can't dream" incident could be explained that perhaps Zane's first dreams about the falcon were in fact not dreams in the ordinary sense. Maybe Zane's "dad" programmed the falcon to "contact" Zane after a certain period of time and start him on his path of rediscovering his past. For this to happen Zane first had to start to trust the falcon. So the falcon was programmed to help Zane in various situations before leading him back to his old home. What I'm thinking is that these were more like data-trasmits between the falcon and Zane, rather than actual dreams. Of course, Zane thinking of himself a human, interpreted these data-trasnfers as dreams. Once he understood who he was, it became clear to him that he in fact wasn't dreaming at all, just receiving data. :wink:

I haven't seen the episode in question, but the latest season has been a bit inconsistent when it comes to Zane's abilities. In "Darkness Shall Rise", Zane gets sprayed with Venomari venom but claims it doesn't affect him, whereas in an earlier episode he had been forced to use his "Falcon Vision" when a Venomari Serpentine spit at him. Of course, that instance can be explained by him upgrading himself for Venomari immunity, since the Falcon Vision itself demonstrates he is able to upgrade and modify his robotic body in certain ways.

The "Nindroid's can't dream" incident sounds a lot more inexplicable, unless that was an instance of his "sixth sense", and now that he knows his nature as a Nindroid he knows better than to think of it as just a dream.

Edited by akunthita

The real question is, do Nindroids dream of electric dragons? :tongue:

The real question is, do Nindroids dream of electric dragons? :tongue:

You, sir, win the internet. :tongue:

I was thinking that the "nindroids can't dream" incident could be explained that perhaps Zane's first dreams about the falcon were in fact not dreams in the ordinary sense. Maybe Zane's "dad" programmed the falcon to "contact" Zane after a certain period of time and start him on his path of rediscovering his past. For this to happen Zane first had to start to trust the falcon. So the falcon was programmed to help Zane in various situations before leading him back to his old home. What I'm thinking is that these were more like data-trasmits between the falcon and Zane, rather than actual dreams. Of course, Zane thinking of himself a human, interpreted these data-trasnfers as dreams. Once he understood who he was, it became clear to him that he in fact wasn't dreaming at all, just receiving data. :wink:

Yeah, that does make some sense. Still, the fight with Garmadon never really happened. . . at least not yet. Plus, Garadon now has four arms and the shurikens are gone. :sceptic:

Yeah, that does make some sense. Still, the fight with Garmadon never really happened. . . at least not yet. Plus, Garadon now has four arms and the shurikens are gone. :sceptic:

Even if his dream/vision wasn't an ordinary dream, it wasn't necessarily literal either. The most important aspect of the dream was the fact that the Green Ninja shared aspects of all four Ninja, which could have been to foreshadow the role all four would have in training Lloyd. The actual events of the dream might not have foreshadowed any real events, but it could still have been meaningful.

Or the writers could just be inconsistent. Wouldn't totally surprise me. :sceptic:

This should probably go here since the other topic's about the sets. And I don't know if anyone has mentioned it already. But, it appears Jay Vincent (composer for the TV series (obviously)) has updated his site with some new tunes. Haven't checked them all out yet, so you'll have to see what's new for yourself!

Check it out!

(click on "Hear" and scroll down a bit)

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

That makes me wonder why Ninjago is ending so soon :sad: Not saying that is a bad thing because the music is so awesome.

Does anyone know where the temple showdown piece is heard. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by Wall E2624

Does anyone know where the temple showdown piece is heard. I can't quite put my finger on it.

It'll probably show up in a later episode (and by that, I mean one that hasn't aired on TV. I know some episodes have aired elsewhere are are available on Youtube). I'm pretty sure that happened last time he updated his site.

Also, Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo is such a goofy song, it's awesome. Still want some of the pirate themesand the falcon song to be put up, though.

Kalhiki