Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Ok I now really want a full set of Kimono Ninja. Did Wu have a new outfit as well? I had not noticed those round grey markings before?

Edited by Faefrost

Ok I now really want a full set of Kimono Ninja. Did Wu have a new outfit as well? I had not noticed those round grey markings before?

I haven't watched the episode, but if he does have a new outfit that's a pleasant surprise, as it means he'll probably have one in the sets as well. Although his 2012 outfit never did appear in the show...

I´ve got to go check that.

EDIT: Nope, he still has the 2011 suit.

Edited by DraikNova

I´m just glad we don´t have to wait anymore for that hiatus to be over.

How about a new one? Next week, they aren't airing a new episode!

How about a new one? Next week, they aren't airing a new episode!

Oh no. . .that can't be true. . although, since the

stone Army will be destroyed (or almost, I guess it could be debatable)

I can see why they'd want to wait a bit. . .

Well, that was to be expected. They'll probably want to stretch the series finale to Christmas at least.

Well, that was to be expected. They'll probably want to stretch the series finale to Christmas at least.

According to this news article, the Region 1 DVD of the first seven episodes of this season "is timed to release as the series comes to a close on Cartoon Network." The release date for that DVD is November 27, so I figure the series will wrap up by then. I think the more likely reason there isn't a new episode next week is that that is Halloween and so they have Halloween specials for other shows occupying Ninjago's usual time slot. We know it's not a normal hiatus because Cartoon Network's schedule lists no episode at 7:30pm (the usual time slot) on Halloween, but lists one at the correct evening time slot the very next Wednesday after that.

I guess they thought Ninja's fighting stone statues led by a four-armed undead wasn't scary enough :laugh:.

I guess they thought Ninja's fighting stone statues led by a four-armed undead wasn't scary enough :laugh:.

What? Is Scooby-Doo scarier?

I really want all the new sets shame its not carrying on :sad:

It will carry on after next week,I'm sure. Lego still has one more wave coming out, so there will be constant re-runs well into May next year.

That latest episode was absolutely epic. Lots of dramatic moments, even with the occasional silliness like Lord Garmadon eating popcorn. Everyone acted accurately according to character. And of course the musical score was brilliant, but that was already expected.

It was great seeing so many things from the 2013 sets featured in the show, and needless to say they all looked epic. The new Ninja costumes look brilliant with the show's typical wraparound effect, the Ninja vehicles looked stunning, and the Stone Army vehicles looked very alien and menacing.

When Nya mentioned her "surprise" in the back of the Power Driller, the shipper in me immediately jumped to thinking it was Jay's jetpack. So I got to experience the same surprise I was probably supposed to feel when it turned out to be Kai's Fire Mech. And while I marveled at the brilliance of having Nya construct his mech like she had with her own (I guess it makes sense that she's good at that kind of thing, having always been a better blacksmith than Kai :wink: ), that brilliance was cemented as Samurai X's leitmotif began to play in the background.

Hearing a bit more about Misako and Garmadon's backstory helps us to understand how she could fall for him, though it of course makes the timeline even more baffling since if she had Lloyd before Garmadon turned evil, then he must have been born a looooooong time ago.

I was working on a computer graphics assignment while I watched the episode, so I think I'll be watching it again-- this time paying full attention-- later this week. I'm sure I'll be even more impressed then!

Whoo, this means that there are only three episodes to go! What will I do with my life! :laugh: The ending is looking exciting. I think they are leading up for something big. I can't wait to see what they come out with. I kind of expected no episode next week. Being Halloween and all.

I loved tonight's episode I hope to see Zane and Jay's vehicles soon. On that note the Power Drill is misproportionate, but awesome. More thoughts later...

I also want to see Zane and Jay's vehicles. I mostly want to see what Zane's vehicle actually is. Is it a walker or something?

It was great seeing so many things from the 2013 sets featured in the show, and needless to say they all looked epic. The new Ninja costumes look brilliant with the show's typical wraparound effect, the Ninja vehicles looked stunning, and the Stone Army vehicles looked very alien and menacing.

When Nya mentioned her "surprise" in the back of the Power Driller, the shipper in me immediately jumped to thinking it was Jay's jetpack.

Same here. I wonder how and if they will introduce it and Zane's vehicle.

They probably will introduce the other two vehicles, it wouldn't make much sense not to.

Out of the last few episodes this is certainly my favorite, it ranks up there with Tick Tock, The Green Ninja, and Ninjaball Run (plus a few others). What a pity the lightsabers (whatever) don't have a specially molded dragon head for the handle, like in the show. That would be so cool, and I'm sure LEGO could have done it, all they need is to modify the sword of fire a bit! And is anyone else thinking the "2013" sets might actually show up in november? If so, I'm kind of sorry I already spent my end-of-the-year cash. . . Anyway, since I see no one has posted links (or embeded) the videos yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDMrAzYV6Dw&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMDj9Orz0HU&feature=BFa&list=ULRDMrAzYV6Dw

They probably will introduce the other two vehicles, it wouldn't make much sense not to.

Out of the last few episodes this is certainly my favorite, it ranks up there with Tick Tock, The Green Ninja, and Ninjaball Run (plus a few others). What a pity the lightsabers (whatever) don't have a specially molded dragon head for the handle, like in the show. That would be so cool, and I'm sure LEGO could have done it, all they need is to modify the sword of fire a bit! And is anyone else thinking the "2013" sets might actually show up in november? If so, I'm kind of sorry I already spent my end-of-the-year cash. . .

Well, I wouldn't be so sure the other two vehicles will feature in the show. To a certain extent they only exist to make the two sides in the Stone Army vehicle sets feel more evenly balanced. Zane's I could expect to possibly see, but Jay's jet pack reminds me a lot of the one in the Rattlecopter, which never appeared in the show.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure the other two vehicles will feature in the show. To a certain extent they only exist to make the two sides in the Stone Army vehicle sets feel more evenly balanced. Zane's I could expect to possibly see, but Jay's jet pack reminds me a lot of the one in the Rattlecopter, which never appeared in the show.

I guess that's possible, especialy since Cole's Power Drill can hold them all, but I think that, at least for fighting purposes, it would be easier if each of the ninja had their own vehicle. There's not much Jay and Zane could do just sitting in the back of the Drill! On the subject of the Dragon just being an apparition, since seening the episode good quality

it seemed much more like a real dragon once it pretty much erupted from the temple (has anyone noticed how both the temples seem to be located in mountains and they both seem to have a tendancy to explode?), and none of the ninjas were shown after that. I'm kind of doubting it not being a real, always there, type of dragon.

And is anyone else thinking the "2013" sets might actually show up in november?

It depends, to put it into perspective, last summer, all Lego sets were for an August release. At the middle of June, about half of those sets were already on the market. This has been going on for longer than I can remember, but like then, it should be the same for the January 2013 releases. It just depends if Lego decides that Ninjago is on the first-coming half.

I have to ask why Lego has not designed that four-legged Stone Army vehicle (the one that peed). If that's the Garmatron, I am seriously confused.

The kimono suits look excellent, and now that I know the one from the character encyclopedia is important to the story, I have to get that before everyone else does.

Has anyone felt that Nya has been pushed to the side? She was very integral to the story, and we haven't seen any "lovey-dovey" remarks between her and Jay in a while.

I have to agree with Kai NRG, this episode ranks up there!

Edited by Penkid11

. . .

I have to ask why Lego has not designed that four-legged Stone Army vehicle (the one that peed). If that's the Garmatron, I am seriously confused.

The kimono suits look excellent, and now that I know the one from the character encyclopedia is important to the story, I have to get that before everyone else does.

Has anyone felt that Nya has been pushed to the side? She was very integral to the story, and we haven't seen any "lovey-dovey" remarks between her and Jay in a while.

I agree, it seems strange that they would use that instead of Garmatron. As far as Nya goes,

I don't think she's been pushed to the side, she made Kai's Mech, she drives the bounty, etc, seems to me that she's about as important as Misako - by the way, what was Misako thinking not to read the entire scroll the first time? It clearly said that the temple was on the island, but in the previous epsode, she implied pretty obviously that they didn't know.

it seemed much more like a real dragon once it pretty much erupted from the temple (has anyone noticed how both the temples seem to be located in mountains and they both seem to have a tendancy to explode?), and none of the ninjas were shown after that. I'm kind of doubting it not being a real, always there, type of dragon.

What was the other temple? And it seemed to me that if the dragon we saw that erupted from the temple was not just an apparittion, it would be of comparable size to the Great Devourer.

What was the other temple? And it seemed to me that if the dragon we saw that erupted from the temple was not just an apparittion, it would be of comparable size to the Great Devourer.

The other temple would be the Temple of Fire. As far as the Dragon,

that was what I was trying to say, it didn't seem to be just an apparition. :wink:

It depends, to put it into perspective, last summer, all Lego sets were for an August release. At the middle of June, about half of those sets were already on the market. This has been going on for longer than I can remember, but like then, it should be the same for the January 2013 releases. It just depends if Lego decides that Ninjago is on the first-coming half.

No, the Garmatron is a separate vehicle. It actually shows up once in the episode, but only from behind--

It's the vehicle the Ninja hijack to run over the Stone Army ranks when Zane is cornered.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the four-legged vehicle were made as a sketch model, like the Treehouse Fortress from "Home", but I can think of plenty of reasons it didn't become a set. It's boring and boxy besides the legs and blades, looks flimsy, and doesn't really feature the Stone Army's samurai motif prominently in its design.

She gave Jay a kiss on the cheek in this episode, steered the Bounty, and built Kai's mech-- which featured her Samurai X leitmotif throughout most of its scene. I don't think she's fallen by the wayside at all.

I agree, it seems strange that they would use that instead of Garmatron. As far as Nya goes,

I don't think she's been pushed to the side, she made Kai's Mech, she drives the bounty, etc, seems to me that she's about as important as Misako - by the way, what was Misako thinking not to read the entire scroll the first time? It clearly said that the temple was on the island, but in the previous epsode, she implied pretty obviously that they didn't know.

She just drives the bounty. She built another robot. So? At least Misako is integral to the story. Without her, the end of the Ninjago would be at hand. Nya just does whatever the Ninja don't. She could have at least been a stone army spy. Ninjago is that kind of show where the villains would believe it.