Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Agreed. The first two episodes were pretty nice. The next two felt very off, rushed and forced indeed. At least, stretch it to five episodes with the fourth being the preparation episode and the fifth being the concluding battle. With that, I think, (the three) ninjas would have room to use the vehicles of the golden weapons in battle.

Also...why on earth wasn't there black clouds when the Oni make their assault on the Monastery? And personally, I think it might have been better if the Oni have stuffs/sets of their own like battle beasts, destroyer wisp or even more deadlier Oni Titans, Just have something. Because, yeah, just by themselves, is pretty weak. With stuffs like battle beasts and stuffs, the battle might be even more deadly and interesting.

I think in this season they nerfed the Oni to make them beatable, here is a list of Oni powers in the show:

#1 Black clouds (make humans choke and go unconscious). 

#2 Tentacles (paralyze humans and put them in a state of deep darkness).

#3 shapeshifting ( Mystake').

#4 Attack reflection ( both Omega, and the mask of Vengeance).

#5 Oni Magic ( Oni can not use elemental powers, but they can use telekinesis(mask of deception), stone armor( mask of Hatred) and Darkness blasts.

 

P.S. One thing to note, according to the cave drawing and the mask of vengeance, there are big fig Oni and four armed Oni (excluding Garmadon), which were not shown in this season.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I think in this season they nerfed the Oni to make them beatable, here is a list of Oni powers in the show:

#1 Black clouds (make humans choke and go unconscious). 

#2 Tentacles (paralyze humans and put them in a state of deep darkness).

#3 shapeshifting ( Mystake').

#4 Attack reflection ( both Omega, and the mask of Vengeance).

#5 Oni Magic ( Oni can not use elemental powers, but they can use telekinesis(mask of deception), stone armor( mask of Hatred) and Darkness blasts.

 

P.S. One thing to note, according to the cave drawing and the mask of vengeance, there are big fig Oni and four armed Oni (excluding Garmadon), which were not shown in this season.

Damn, that's wasted potentials to make the Oni awesome...Is it because of more effort and resources being diverted to season 11/summer wave?

Still, wish they get a good full season treatment and even a small wave treatment. Oh well...:shrug_oh_well:

BTW, Garmadon's face when he gets more powered-up on the oni side, looks quite hilariously ridiculous hehe. I think it would've been much better to at least have the design in par with Three General Mask or The Omega.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That trailer appears to have been leaked prematurely, as the animation appears unfinished, at least according to Tommy Andreasen. Whether or not this is Season 11 or a miniseries remains unclear. According to a tweet thread (source below) the new series consists of 30 11 minute episodes, which is 15 22 minute episodes  so we might be looking at a bit of a soft reboot for the series. The series is also apparently called ‘Ninjago” as opposed to ‘Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu’.

(Source: https://ninja-guy-yo.tumblr.com/post/184562231916/considering-that-would-be-15-normal-22-minute)

Edited by Tobias_Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I don't think they would fully reboot the series

Nor do I, but it would make sense for them to make the show feel different after March of the Oni, as that felt like the end of a saga. Now season 11 is moving into a new show, which is still the old show, but with a different runtime and slightly different title. 

If we are getting thirty 11-minute episodes this season, I would not be complaining. I wonder if, with the new runtime, we will see a change in the style of episodes. Maybe the show will take inspiration from other Cartoon Network shows, like the last couple of seasons of Adventure Time, with each episode having a more contained storyline with a consistent threat throughout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Nor do I, but it would make sense for them to make the show feel different after March of the Oni, as that felt like the end of a saga. Now season 11 is moving into a new show, which is still the old show, but with a different runtime and slightly different title. 

Ah so more like Ninjago Rebooted which kinda shifted the series a bit. Less like The Ninjago Movie where they changed... everything

8 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Maybe the show will take inspiration from other Cartoon Network shows, like the last couple of seasons of Adventure Time, with each episode having a more contained storyline with a consistent threat throughout. 

Considering how eh, poorly handled the Oni were I think it wouldn't make sense to make every episode have a different threat I mean they had four episodes and they still couldn't make the oni as well developed as other villainous fractions like the SOG, Vermillion, sky pirates etc. That's not even taking into account the fact that they have to make sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.