Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Thoughts:

Spoiler

Why did the S.O.G need Wu? Did they need the map? If so why bother with Wu in the first place?

Why are they resurrecting Garmadon, Harumi wants to resurrect her parents so will she be betrayed at the end.

Speaking of Harumi I did not see that twist coming, great job on the writers part.

Also why does everyone of these episodes end with a cliffhanger lol 

24 minutes ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

Why did the S.O.G need Wu? Did they need the map? If so why bother with Wu in the first place?

Why are they resurrecting Garmadon, Harumi wants to resurrect her parents so will she be betrayed at the end.

Speaking of Harumi I did not see that twist coming, great job on the writers part.

Also why does everyone of these episodes end with a cliffhanger lol 

Spoiler

But if Harumi is the quiet one, isn't she the one that killed her parents? Needing Wu might be as simple as needing the blood of a family member to resurrect Garmadon. It's kind of classical for this sort of thing. 

Caught Episode 80 . . 

Spoiler

Aww, man! I really hoped Harumi wasn't actually the Quiet One. I wanted to see a relationship between her and Lloyd. 

Though, if she actually is his sister, then I wouldn't mind so much, since they could hardly date anyway in that case. 

And I think we all called the baby being Wu. Though it makes me happy that they had callbacks to the Time Blades. ^^

New episode was pretty swell, huh.

Spoiler

Spoilers because I’m not sure this command will work: With how almost every female character has been introduced to the ninja, I’m starting to believe that betraying one’s boyfriend is a rite of passage for Ninjagan woman. Or maybe it’s just a trope.

Either way, it’s been done to the death at this point. Much as I like all or most of the new female characters, the turncoat act has gotten old by... what is this? Number 3? 4 if you count Stone army Nya  or the stupid love triangle. 

Oh yeah and Pixal’s moments were cool and the baby bit was nice huh.

Edited by Pirean_Grammaticul

11 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Hide contents

Lot’s of question about Harumi this episode. (Yeah LuhLoyd, if your girlfriend is constantly singing that creepy spider song, she might just have a few “issues” just saying. ) 

I really like the creepy lullaby but my family don't like it when I sing it. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:Spoilers because I’m not sure this command will work

You can just press the eye button if you can't get the command to work, also if you do use the command it should be at the end as well as the beginning and you don't type <span class = ‘spoiler’> you just type <spoiler> at the end and the beginning.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I really like the creepy lullaby but my family don't like it when I sing it. :laugh:

It is weirdly catchy.

Way more than Cole's Glowworm song. XD

Spoiler

If Harumi didn't do the evil esc pose at the end of this episode. I still would have believe there was a chance at her not being the quiet one.

As for the Baby being Wu. Wu did pull the reversal time blade out of the machine when he sent Kai and Nya back with it. Considering it was still using its power inside the time rift. I can see why it would have turned him into a baby. 

Now how he got back to present Ninjago when the Time Twins were heading to the future. I don't know.

10 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

You can just press the eye button if you can't get the command to work, also if you do use the command it should be at the end as well as the beginning and you don't type <span class = ‘spoiler’> you just type <spoiler> at the end and the beginning.

Thanks, man.

---

Wonder how episode 81 will turn out. I smell Lloyd vs. the SoG (and definitely Harumi).

With what was revealed in episode 80, I was thinking, what if the golden Samurai is Sensei Wu, also I'm not sure if Garmadon is in any of the summer sets or if he's just a placeholer, which if thats the case could mean one of two things, one "Shes" the Main villain or two its the Top hat Dragon Hunter.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

On 25/02/2018 at 7:30 AM, Takanuinuva said:
  Hide contents

If Harumi didn't do the evil esc pose at the end of this episode. I still would have believe there was a chance at her not being the quiet one.

As for the Baby being Wu. Wu did pull the reversal time blade out of the machine when he sent Kai and Nya back with it. Considering it was still using its power inside the time rift. I can see why it would have turned him into a baby. 

Now how he got back to present Ninjago when the Time Twins were heading to the future. I don't know.

Spoiler

Interesting theory about Wu, I think what they were implying is that when Nya used the Reversal Blade from the past to heal Wu from the Time Punch, he was still under the effects long after the fact. It plays an interesting image of Wu rapidly getting younger while dealing with the Time Twins. I’m interested to know where Krux and Acronix are and how Wu arrived in the present. I also hope we find out how the map to the Mask of Hatred was wrapped around him and how the Sons of Garmadon found him. So many questions! 

I look forward to finding out what Rumi's intentions really are. She wants Lord Garmadon resurrected, why? How much of her backstory can be believed? Did she hate being a princess and being locked up in a palace? Is Hutchins in cahoots with her? Very much looking forward to this weeks episode!

Spoiler

If Wu turned into a baby from the reversal blade, doesn't that mean Ray will/has as well? Or did Nya hit Wu a little too hard with the time blade? :laugh:

5 hours ago, Kopaka25 said:
  Hide contents

If Wu turned into a baby from the reversal blade, doesn't that mean Ray will/has as well? Or did Nya hit Wu a little too hard with the time blade? :laugh:

Spoiler

I doubt it. Wu pulled out the reversal blade from the machine while it was active. So it's likely he was exposed to the effects of the blade for longer than Ray.

On 25/02/2018 at 7:30 AM, Takanuinuva said:
  Hide contents

There was a gap of one year between Hands of Time and Sons of Zgarmadon, remember? The future then is the present now. 

Spoiler

While the reveal that the baby is Wu isn't entirely unexpected, it is kind of disappointing - I really hoped they'd take the opportunity to give us a season or two without Wu, in which the ninja have to come into their own and operate without his guidance, and only bring him back in, say, season 10 or something. 

And yeah, that little pose was disappointing too . . why? She was a really fun new heroine, and I was looking forward to seeing her become part of the main cast. Why did they have to make her secretly evil? That's what Hutchins with his angry eyepatch is for!

I'm sure there'll be an explanation for where Krux and Acronix are. Maybe they went further into the future and will crop up later, like Pythor did in Day of the Departed?

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

How likely is it Ninjago will be ending with Season 9?

I doubt it, as it’s officially an evergreen theme, but I can’t help but shake the feeling that they’re gearing up for a big finale here. I dunno, I guess we’ll wait and see. It would be a shame for it to end just as the fight choreography and story got this good...

Considering Ninjago started in 2011. It's got two more years to catch up to Bionicle's run before it could end. So if history repeats itself. Ninjago will end in 2020

5 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

How likely is it Ninjago will be ending with Season 9?

That wouldn't make much sense to me as they'd just got the movie to reel in new viewers and ninjago set continue to preform exceptionally year after year, I may be a wee bit biased though.:laugh:

Spoiler

I liked that episode, pretty solid overall.The flash back was a nice and Harumi's revelation was alright to though her shift was sudden. The links to previous series were great though I hope they don'y alienate newer viewers.

A solid episode I liked it. Just not quite as much as the last two. re Harumi...

Spoiler

Damn LaLoyd sure does attract the crazy chicks. Harumi's backstory is interesting and a really decent angle on her. Just one that they failed to fully exploit dramatically. Remember Lloyd caused the Great Devourer when he unleashed the Serpentine and Pythor. He was just a child then. That could have and should have been used to better dramatic effect in the relations between lloyd and Harumi. (also how or why is Harumi playing with a Green Ninja toy when the Devourer shows up. That's pretty much the moment the Green Ninja first appeared?) 

But yeah I think pretty much any hope that Harumi is in some way redeemable as a part of the team is gone now. she is pretty clearly a completely unhinged psycho. Y'know like your college girlfriend. (I guess LaLoyd is kinda at about that age, so he's due.) 

1 hour ago, Faefrost said:

A solid episode I liked it. Just not quite as much as the last two. re Harumi...

Hide contents

Damn LaLoyd sure does attract the crazy chicks. Harumi's backstory is interesting and a really decent angle on her. Just one that they failed to fully exploit dramatically. Remember Lloyd caused the Great Devourer when he unleashed the Serpentine and Pythor. He was just a child then. That could have and should have been used to better dramatic effect in the relations between lloyd and Harumi. (also how or why is Harumi playing with a Green Ninja toy when the Devourer shows up. That's pretty much the moment the Green Ninja first appeared?) 

But yeah I think pretty much any hope that Harumi is in some way redeemable as a part of the team is gone now. she is pretty clearly a completely unhinged psycho. Y'know like your college girlfriend. (I guess LaLoyd is kinda at about that age, so he's due.) 

Spoiler

Actually, if you pay attention you'll notice that the dolls had the old-style ninja masks. Something that Lloyd never got because he wasn't around for the first year. I think that doll was a veiled callback to the original Ninja theme, waaaay back when,which had multiple ninjas in green. Which in turn implies that that is somehow canonical to Ninjago . . .

Also, I don't think the fact that Lloyd released the Serpentine was made public. While I agree that it would have been good for her to dredge that up, Harumi realistically has no way to know this unless, at some point, the Ninja went "See this kid, the prophesied savour of the world? He's responsible for one of the greatest disasters in history!"

Anyway. Man, I have very mixed feelings about Harumi now . . oh the one hand, she's crazy. On the other, she's justified . . . I really didn't expect a callback to the Great Devourer, or for that to be Harumi's justification. That poor nurse, with one line she created a supervillain. "Well, aren't you The Quiet One." XD Now I really hope that, after Lord Garmadon's revived, we get to see her fangirl it up, because that would be hilarious. (And we can add Mask of Hatred, Stone-ified Harumi to the list of minifigures we need to get someday.)

And Lloyd was alternatively intelligent and idiotic this episode. I have to give him props for working out Harumi's nature based on one little slip, even if it was a bit contrived for him to immediately realise that she was The Quiet One. And at the end, when he jumped onto the Bounty's anchor, I was, like, "Great! Now just hold onto the anchor and you'll be able to ride with them, completely undetected, to wherever they're going!"

And then he jumped on the ship, and immediately got captured. I mean, jeez, Luh-Loyd, what did you expect to happen when you did that? Boo. 

Fingers crossed that Harumi eventually reforms (it's not impossible, right? She has good intentions at heart . . ), and definitely a good episode. I love how the show's maturing. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:
  Hide contents

Actually, if you pay attention you'll notice that the dolls had the old-style ninja masks. Something that Lloyd never got because he wasn't around for the first year. I think that doll was a veiled callback to the original Ninja theme, waaaay back when,which had multiple ninjas in green. Which in turn implies that that is somehow canonical to Ninjago . . .

Also, I don't think the fact that Lloyd released the Serpentine was made public. While I agree that it would have been good for her to dredge that up, Harumi realistically has no way to know this unless, at some point, the Ninja went "See this kid, the prophesied savour of the world? He's responsible for one of the greatest disasters in history!"

Anyway. Man, I have very mixed feelings about Harumi now . . oh the one hand, she's crazy. On the other, she's justified . . . I really didn't expect a callback to the Great Devourer, or for that to be Harumi's justification. That poor nurse, with one line she created a supervillain. "Well, aren't you The Quiet One." XD Now I really hope that, after Lord Garmadon's revived, we get to see her fangirl it up, because that would be hilarious. (And we can add Mask of Hatred, Stone-ified Harumi to the list of minifigures we need to get someday.)

And Lloyd was alternatively intelligent and idiotic this episode. I have to give him props for working out Harumi's nature based on one little slip, even if it was a bit contrived for him to immediately realise that she was The Quiet One. And at the end, when he jumped onto the Bounty's anchor, I was, like, "Great! Now just hold onto the anchor and you'll be able to ride with them, completely undetected, to wherever they're going!"

And then he jumped on the ship, and immediately got captured. I mean, jeez, Luh-Loyd, what did you expect to happen when you did that? Boo. 

Fingers crossed that Harumi eventually reforms (it's not impossible, right? She has good intentions at heart . . ), and definitely a good episode. I love how the show's maturing. 

Spoiler

I was more thinking on how they didn't explore the consequences of his actions with Lloyd. Not that Harumi would know that the Devourer was his fault, but that he would. 

This season has been decent so far, I did have a problem with the most recent episode though:

Spoiler

What reason does Harumi have to want to punish Lloyd so much? She couldn't have known he released the serpentine. When the Devourer attacked Ninjago city, Lloyd was just a kid and didn't have his powers, he couldn't have done much to help back then. 

I think that the writers probably should have left her motivations as her seeing Garmadon as a more able ruler and protector for Ninjago, rather than having something personal against Lloyd.

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

This season has been decent so far, I did have a problem with the most recent episode though:

Hide contents

What reason does Harumi have to want to punish Lloyd so much? She couldn't have known he released the serpentine. When the Devourer attacked Ninjago city, Lloyd was just a kid and didn't have his powers, he couldn't have done much to help back then. 

I think that the writers probably should have left her motivations as her seeing Garmadon as a more able ruler and protector for Ninjago, rather than having something personal against Lloyd.

Spoiler

She doesn't want to punish Lloyd specifically. She wants to punish the Ninja for failing to save her parents, and by extension everyone else who's ever been hurt because the Ninja took too long to stop things like the Devourer or the Golden Master or the Preeminent.

And I have no doubt that Lloyd will be confkicted over his involvement in the Devourer later.

Spoiler

^ I dunno, it sounds like Harumi has a pretty personal vendetta against Lloyd specifically, but the description for episode 83 sheds some light as to why (it includes major spoilers so proceed with caution)

Spoiler

The description implies that the key to the resurrected Garmadon unlocking his true potential is by destroying Lloyd. Perhaps Harumi wants Garmadon to achieve his full power  and knows Lloyd’s death at his hands is the only way Garmadon can become ‘all powerful’. Perhaps she also found out how the Serpentine were released, maybe she just holds Lloyd extra responsible as the current ‘leader’. Either way she wants Lloyd to suffer.

On another crazy fan theory, is the crab monster in Primeval’s Eye the First Spinjitzu Master? It sort of backed down when it saw the ninja doing Spinjitzu and Baby Wu seemed to refer to it as ‘daddy’ or something similar sounding at the end of the episode. I know its quite out there, but I appear to remember it being suggested here before and I kind of think its plausible now...

17 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:
  Hide contents

another crazy fan theory, is the crab monster in Primeval’s Eye the First Spinjitzu Master? It sort of backed down when it saw the ninja doing Spinjitzu and Baby Wu seemed to refer to it as ‘daddy’ or something similar sounding at the end of the episode. I know its quite out there, but I appear to remember it being suggested here before and I kind of think its plausible now...

Eh. It sounded like crabby to me , which makes a lot more sense and spinjistu is a powerful and threatening tactic hence the cowering. I mean haven't we seen his corpse in his tomb ,why would he become a crab in a jungle?!

On 24/02/2018 at 3:01 AM, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

Well now we know that they wanted Wu because of his oni blood, they'd use him to retrieve the mask of hatred.

Edited by Agent Kallus