Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

yo this sucks complete megablocks, can't imagine how many people are affected by this man's singular presence in our lives for over 10 wonderful years; hope his family and friends are ok

That is awful news. I admit that I’ve lost interest in Ninjago over the last two years, but that doesn’t make this news any more saddening. It was a big part of my life at one time and Cole was always one of my favorite characters. I still can’t believe this happened; Kirby was still so young. I am so done with 2020’s cruelty. 

RIP Kirby Morrow.

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Because I have empathy and want to know why he died.

That''s a common thing

to put it bluntly, his family hasn't shared his cause of death and they aren't privy to it. maybe it's not your business to go prying around?

I'm not prying I just asked a question.

No need to get all triggered.

If I was doxing or sending threatening emails at the guys family you could say I was prying around, all I did was ask

9 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I'm not prying I just asked a question.

No need to get all triggered.

If I was doxing or sending threatening emails at the guys family you could say I was prying around, all I did was ask

well by all means go ahead but if his family hasn't provided an answer it's good to assume they're not comfortable with providing the cause of death, maybe have some empathy?

Ok seriously dude you can't be acting this dumb

Just now, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

well by all means go ahead but if his family hasn't provided an answer it's good to assume they're not comfortable with providing the cause of death, maybe have some empathy?

I'm not asking the family, frankly I was unaware that the family hadn't provided an answer, I asked this thread if they knew why he died. If you hadn't responded there would literally never been an answer and I probably wouldn't have even remembered the question after a few days and unless an answer was given the conversation would have died.

3 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Ok seriously dude you can't be acting this dumb

I'm not asking the family, frankly I was unaware that the family hadn't provided an answer, I asked this thread if they knew why he died. If you hadn't responded there would literally never been an answer and I probably wouldn't have even remembered the question after a few days and unless an answer was given the conversation would have died.

i never implied you were asking about the family? i was just saying his family hasn't provided an answer and that should mean something to all of us

like asking about how he died is kinda insensitive next to the fact that he died at all; not everything needs an answer because awful shit happens sometimes, and we might get angry about it but ultimately it's not in our control and knowing how he died won't really do much to fix that. im sure you mean well, but idunno asking how he died just seems callous in light of everything else

48 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Your moralism is as vacuous as it it worthless

Okay, firstly, that is an incredible quote and I’m going to use that. 
Secondly, enough, both of you. This is barely relevant to Ninjago, and squabbling isn’t going to get anywhere. Besides, I’m sick of reading through your arguments. Finish it. 

1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Your moralism is as vacuous as it it worthless

look kid im trying to end this in the best way possible but im glad you thought you were the one who wanted to lecture me on "empathy", mr "darkmaster2"

22 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Secondly, enough, both of you. This is barely relevant to Ninjago, and squabbling isn’t going to get anywhere. Besides, I’m sick of reading through your arguments. Finish it. 

lol yeah that's fair, not a fan of minimodding but we should probably cut this

On 11/20/2020 at 6:25 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Thanks I am a writer after all.

I humbly apologize if the both of us have wronged this thread I'm not normally active here as much decided to try to come back.

Speaking of you think they'll ever bring back the overlord I always thought he was the villian with the most wasted potential.

I’ve been binge watching the show recently and am already onto Rebooted. I’ve actually only seen the first two seasons (and the pilot episodes) once before, and that was over three years ago, so it was nice revisiting those episodes again. I definitely saw some sets that I think should be remade in future Legacy waves. (The Blacksmith Shop, Snake Train, Garmatron, Garmadon Mech, Borg Tower, Ninjacopter, etc.)

It’s been a fun watch. My only qualm is that Season Two felt rushed and I hate the whole love triangle subplot in Season 3, and how it ended up splitting Jay and Nya apart for a couple of seasons. (They’re my favorite characters in the show.) Nonetheless, I’m having a blast going through the “classics” and I’m excited to get to Seasons 4 and 5 because those were airing when I first got into Ninjago.

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

I’ve been binge watching the show recently and am already onto Rebooted. I’ve actually only seen the first two seasons (and the pilot episodes) once before, and that was over three years ago, so it was nice revisiting those episodes again. I definitely saw some sets that I think should be remade in future Legacy waves. (The Blacksmith Shop, Snake Train, Garmatron, Garmadon Mech, Borg Tower, Ninjacopter, etc.)

It's hard to say how likely Borg Tower is, but failing that I would LOVE a Ninjacopter revamp. Not only is it a really unique-looking vehicle that could do well with an update, but updated versions of Rebooted Zane and classic Pixal would be a dream come true.

On 1/3/2021 at 12:00 PM, Lyichir said:

It's hard to say how likely Borg Tower is, but failing that I would LOVE a Ninjacopter revamp. Not only is it a really unique-looking vehicle that could do well with an update, but updated versions of Rebooted Zane and classic Pixal would be a dream come true.

If Lego wanted to, they could make a very scaled down Borg Tower similar to the Avengers one from this year. I don’t think it’s very likely either, but I do think a lot of fans would appreciate something like that. At one point an Overlord Dragon was seen as extremely unlikely as well, so who knows?

A new classic Pixal minifigure would be amazing. She’s one of the more prominent secondary characters and I only have one figure of her. (The one from the $20 Throne Room Showdown set.)

Edited by The Stud

Been listening to SotFS (S11) portion of the 10th anniversary musical journey and wow! I was quite surprised to find it really good, especially with the Ice Chapter portion. Due to the season's mediocrity, back then I just find the music alright. But just listening to the whole package by themselves and imagining being without any knowledge of the season, you'd think there's something great and exciting happening with the season.

This just made me wish again that the season be written in a better way. As had it been the case, both the story and the music could've strongly complemented each other!

I recently rewatched the entire show and thought I'd update my ranking of the seasons based on this rewatch. First of all I must say the jump from Seasons 8-10 to Season 11 and onwards is way worse than I remembered, almost painful. Writing took a big hit, the animation honestly kinda sucks and Ninjago City (which looked absolutely amazing in Season 8-10) is basically back to Season 1 quality. 

Ranking of the seasons pre-rewatch:
15. Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
14. Day of the Departed
13. March of the Oni
12. Prime Empire
11. Legacy of the Green Ninja
10. Skybound
9. The Hands of Time
8. Master of the Mountain 
7. Tournament of Elements
6. Pilot
5. Rebooted
4. Sons of Garmadon
3. Possesion
2. Hunted
1. Rise of the Snakes

Updated ranking after my rewatch: 
15. Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
14. Day of the Departed
13. Prime Empire
12. March of the Oni
10. Pilots
9. Master of the Mountain
8. Legacy of the Green Ninja
7. Rebooted
6. Possession
5. Rise of the Snakes
4. Tournament of Elements
3. Skybound
2. Hunted
1. Sons of Garmadon

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I recently rewatched the entire show and thought I'd update my ranking of the seasons based on this rewatch. First of all I must say the jump from Seasons 8-10 to Season 11 and onwards is way worse than I remembered, almost painful. Writing took a big hit, the animation honestly kinda sucks and Ninjago City (which looked absolutely amazing in Season 8-10) is basically back to Season 1 quality. 

After taking a slight rewatch on Season 1's episode 5 and 13 to make sure, I'd have say that Ninjago City post-S10 is much worse than season 1. At least in season 1, the lighting, assets and colors was properly used to nicely blend in and cover the limitation of the city's graphics. 

While graphically, S11's version of Ninjago City was pretty decent, the removal of huge metropolis buildings and it's billboards of S8-10 combined with how the streets was done would not make you think it was Ninjago city but rather just any other city if you take away all the relevant characters. However, the worse dip happened in Prime Empire with how mostly greyscaled the city is combined with not-so-great assets. Even at the final episode, with city starting to resemble back to S8, the sparse billboards and then the mostly basic greys of the building still makes it unimpressive. Both iterations still makes the contrast stick out like a sore thumb. This is probably because most of the budget went into the digital realm unfortunately.

Overall, had SotFS and Prime Empire been the first two season post-TLNM, I would've absolutely hated that movie and its effects with a passion, the dip is so bad for both in writing. I'm really glad SoG and Hunted came first, it saved my perception on the effect that TLNM cemented. That movie is still utterly horrible though.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 2/18/2021 at 4:45 PM, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

That movie is still utterly horrible though.

I've never seen the movie,why is it considered so bad?

20 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

There are several reasons all related toward horrible writing, direction and execution - The promotions hyped up all six ninja, however in the movie all the focus mostly went to Lloyd leaving the others barely doing anything and instead being quite incompetent. The ninja barely did any traditional ninja martial arts save for two short scenes and even though spinjitzu is mentioned and "practiced", we never get to see the end result of that. And worse, the characters personalities were either somehow butchered worse than G2 bionicle or rendered with barely any personality but it was mostly very leaning on the latter.

There wasn't any good balance between the humorous and "emotional" moments. Whatever humor the movie has, they try to insert the same amount of "emotion" into it and this can also be viewed vice versa, leading to all of that feeling quite tacked in and frankly, stupid.  

Basically, a lot of things in the movie was dumbed down. The only thing enjoyable for me about it was the first fight, the very short final fight and the visuals with both of that. Still, it was a massive disrespect to the source materials.

Below would be a more personal biased opinions - 

I don't really like the dynamics between Lloyd or Garmadon or why they're even there in the first place. If noticed properly, this is the third Warner Bros. Lego Movie that a father-son relationship story is used. The first Lego Movie has already done it perfectly. The second time it was used was why I'm not that big of a fan of the Batman Movie (although it was also mostly Robin that I don't really like). In the Ninjago Movie, it's already beating a dead horse. This over-focusing on "relationships" is a huge chunk on why I hated the movie. Also, god that scene with Jim Croce's song is just absolutely...yeah words can't describe how much I hate that.

I'm not a big fan of the lines being blurred between Chinese martial arts & culture with Japanese ninja & the feudal era they belong to. There was remotely nothing about Ninja aside from some moves and costumes. There's no principles on what makes a ninja. No codes to live by. No nothing . All of that was thrown away in favor of a movie filled with dumb western and Chinese styled tropes. The whole Hong-Kong film style formatting was also very off-putting for me. There are core differences between the two genres and this movie is trying to pass them off for the same thing. The only thing I feel that references to Japan would be the theme of the sea army. But that's it, I don't get any Japanese vibes beyond that. Heck even the soundtrack is so far off from being Japanese and more leaning on Chinese.

S.O.G. is practically TLNM done right. A street ninja is so much better that some bland superhero ninja, It was mostly nighttime which was the perfect setting and there's great Japanese references such as the Monarchy and the Oni. Heck, even Tommy mentioned that this is inspired from Akira. At least there's some respect toward Japanese culture and fiction.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 2/22/2021 at 4:34 AM, LOTR34 said:

I didn’t even think the movie was that bad. It’s worthy of a lot of the flak it gets though: There are serious issues with the pacing, editing, and characters that could’ve been mended if the film was pushed back again, or maybe if they had stuck with some of their earlier ideas. It’s easily the worst Lego Movie, and a poor representation of the Ninjago show, but I still think it’s still an okay movie. Don’t get me wrong; there are some truly awful scenes, like the live-action scenes that bookend the movie, the footage that is obviously reused from earlier in the movie, and some of the cringeworthy meme montages. At the end of the day though, it’s still a much better movie than anything from Illumination and most of Dreamworks.

Lloyd and Garmadon carry this movie, which is fitting because they’re the only non-two dimensional characters. In my opinion, their relationship is the most compelling of all the father/son relationships found in this series. Kudos to the actors for giving their all with some of the more sentimental moments between the two. Garmadon is arguably the funniest character in any of the Lego Movies thus far.

The animation is just as gorgeous as the other Lego flicks, there is some good jokes to be found, and the soundtrack is actually pretty decent. Really it’s a shame that it came out so half-baked, because if the movie had more time in the oven, it could’ve been on par with the other Lego spin-offs/sequels. Again, some of the earlier ideas they had for this movie (based off the deleted scenes and concept art) were great and could’ve saved the movie if they came to fruition.

Come to think of it, forget the Snyder Cut. I want the original draft of The Lego Ninjago Movie made!

Edited by The Stud