Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

49 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:
  Hide contents

Though Zane appears to be taking a break in the next season, judging by those that have seen the leaks of next years set lineup pointing out he doesn’t appear in any of the season 12 sets

No one, to my knowledge, has seen the Season 12 sets - Just the Minifig and part leaks (Five Ninja, two Ninja avatars, one cook/butcher, two “VR-Dragons”, “404”, Unagami, two Key Blades, and a Trans-Neon Green weapons-pack). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No one, to my knowledge, has seen the Season 12 sets - Just the Minifig and part leaks (Five Ninja, two Ninja avatars, one cook/butcher, two “VR-Dragons”, “404”, Unagami, two Key Blades, and a Trans-Neon Green weapons-pack). 

Spoiler

There are people online who have seen the sets, they just can’t share or post much about them because that would jeopardise their ‘contacts’ and is also, above all else, super illegal. I have seen a number of those sources say that Zane does not appear in the season 12 lineup. It’s usually in response to comments of people requesting pictures of the Zane minifigure. Obviously I can’t link you to these comments, because I’m pretty sure thats against the rules here, but they aren’t hard to find if you know where to look. 

Of course everything is to be taken with a grain of salt and all is pure speculation until more concrete information is public. All we know is that Zane will have an episode in the next chapter with P.I.X.A.L and, according to Tommy Andreasen, it will be perfect. Zane will have a role next season, how big it is remains to be seen. I would even wonder, if the plot really is our ninja being digitised into a game, if Zane would need a special suit to do that? 

Edited by Tobias_Jay

On 10/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

It was spectacular that they brought back the Preeminent. It is a bit disappointing that the status quo is unchanged . . guess 26 really was a filler episode. I was hoping the Preeminent might mean that the ghosts could come back and possibly tie in with Hidden Side. I love the Chima reference, though! 

Speaking of the ghosts, does anyone think they might eventually reuse a villain faction? Because we’ve seen callbacks in the Departed and Legacy sets, but is it possible that, say, the S.O.G. or the ghosts could return as the antagonists of a future season? Thinking about it, it’s probably most likely that the Hands of Time and the Vermillion might return. We still don’t have a concrete answer as to what happened to them, except that “they were sent far into the future”. Fingers crossed that we’ll see them again!

The reveal of Zane as the Emperor was a bit anticlimactic, but the mech/Wyvern fight was awesome! Also, calling it, the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjirzu is wrapped up inside that frozen staff. Just in case that wasn’t obvious. 

Hidden Side is not a Realm as confirmed by Tommy Andreason

2 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Ah I thought since they called Knighton a realm in the show that it might be.

I get why, but realm's also a medieval-style term (a kingdom), not necessarily for alternate dimensions.

Edited by GarmaFan

15 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Does anyone know when the next season of Ninjago will start?

March 9th in Korea.

I was wondering, is the TV Show not pushing the sets?

Why it takes so much time, to have the show, I am wondering

1 hour ago, Mornicala said:

I was wondering, is the TV Show not pushing the sets?

Why it takes so much time, to have the show, I am wondering

Because the channels that broadcast it can air whenever they want, and often other shows that get higher ratings take priority over it.

Edited by GarmaFan

With the episodes out in English, what does everyone think about the new series? Feels like, despite a flurry of new information, this topic has remained largely quiet! I’m personally loving the mystery around the Prime Empire, a lot of intrigue that has me hooked and excited for the rest of the series. I’m also loving that they’re finally giving the Mechanic a proper role in a series’ plot line, rather than sidelining him with petty crimes. 

What are everyone else’s thoughts?

14 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

With the episodes out in English, what does everyone think about the new series? Feels like, despite a flurry of new information, this topic has remained largely quiet! I’m personally loving the mystery around the Prime Empire, a lot of intrigue that has me hooked and excited for the rest of the series. I’m also loving that they’re finally giving the Mechanic a proper role in a series’ plot line, rather than sidelining him with petty crimes. 

What are everyone else’s thoughts?

I’m excited!

Spoiler

I hope that Episode 3 gives us a look at Prime Empire itself, and I feel like it’s not going to be so clear-cut as ‘Milton Dyer is Unagami’. Still, can’t wait!

Also can we please get a Mechanic minifigure sometime? There are so many characters we need . . 

So after watching episode 3 and 4

Spoiler

I bet they'll have either Kai or Scott lose their last life only for them to respawn anyways. Like 4 was spare lives and 0 counts as a life.

29 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

So after watching episode 3 and 4

Hide contents

I bet they'll have either Kai or Scott lose their last life only for them to respawn anyways. Like 4 was spare lives and 0 counts as a life.

Naah, I doubt it. 

Spoiler

Scott implied some kind of major consequence for losing your last life. I doubt it’ll be anything as boring as ‘you get deleted forever’.

Also, I have a theory; Scott is actually Milton Dyers. And Unagami’s a sentient computer virus that Milton created.

Also, the League of Jays was hilarious. I love that they reused Jay’s old character models - but why did they only do Pilot, Tournament, S.O.G. and Forbidden Spinjitzu? Why not all of his old suits in that clubhouse scene?

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Naah, I doubt it. 

Hide contents

Scott implied some kind of major consequence for losing your last life. I doubt it’ll be anything as boring as ‘you get deleted forever’.

Also, I have a theory; Scott is actually Milton Dyers. And Unagami’s a sentient computer virus that Milton created.

Also, the League of Jays was hilarious. I love that they reused Jay’s old character models - but why did they only do Pilot, Tournament, S.O.G. and Forbidden Spinjitzu? Why not all of his old suits in that clubhouse scene?

Spoiler

It'd have costed too much to recreate all those models.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Naah, I doubt it. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

I predict Okino is Unigami. Mainly cause they have the same hairstyle

I do hope we get some episode with Zane and Pixal. Just not filler ones like the one with the preeminent

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Hide contents

I do hope we get some episode with Zane and Pixal. Just not filler ones like the one with the preeminent

Spoiler

I too hope this, for if there are no Zane and P.I.X.A.L. cantered episodes, I will personally riot and you all are free to join. Judging by the trailers and other promotional material, there will be some Zane and P.I.X.A.L. content, they did say they have to find Milton Dyer after all.

Speaking of Zane, has anyone else noticed that he’s gotten super sassy all of a sudden? Some of the facial expressions and line delivery in this season are making me think the lasting effects of his corruption is a sassy attitude. I’m all for it to be honest. 

There’s theories floating around that Unagami is actually under the control of Bob, the intern on Dyer’s Island. It seems kinda plausible, the prisoners in Kryptarium are freed after the ninja visit the island and the Red Visors go after the ninja as soon as they enter the game with little provocation? Something to consider as more episodes come out.

I think having the characters believe Milton Dyer is Unagami is a massive red herring. Seems far too obvious for a show that’s been all about twists and turns, especially lately.

9 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:
  Hide contents

I too hope this, for if there are no Zane and P.I.X.A.L. cantered episodes, I will personally riot and you all are free to join. Judging by the trailers and other promotional material, there will be some Zane and P.I.X.A.L. content, they did say they have to find Milton Dyer after all.

Speaking of Zane, has anyone else noticed that he’s gotten super sassy all of a sudden? Some of the facial expressions and line delivery in this season are making me think the lasting effects of his corruption is a sassy attitude. I’m all for it to be honest. 

There’s theories floating around that Unagami is actually under the control of Bob, the intern on Dyer’s Island. It seems kinda plausible, the prisoners in Kryptarium are freed after the ninja visit the island and the Red Visors go after the ninja as soon as they enter the game with little provocation? Something to consider as more episodes come out.

I think having the characters believe Milton Dyer is Unagami is a massive red herring. Seems far too obvious for a show that’s been all about twists and turns, especially lately.

Spoiler

Oh, there is no way in the Cursed Realm that Unagami is Milton Dyers that would be way too obvious. I’m still advocating for Scott being Milton - think about it, he’s only got one life left? And he’s all set up with a cloaked garage? And he said in the trailer that he’s been waiting for the ninja for a long time? Prime Empire’s only been available to the public for a couple of days, either time flows faster there (which I doubt) or he somehow got into the game a lot earlier than anyone else. And who would have had access to the game like that but Milton Dyers?

Spoiler

Okino isn't Unigami but an Npc in Prime Empire.

I don't like that the Ninja just showed up at the end of episode 4 with their ninja suits. But Jay is still his avatar form.  At least have some consistency. Either all ninja suits or all avatars.

I'm still really baffled as to what happened with Zane/will happen with him. Detailed descriptions for the rest of the season have been released, and there is no mention of him entering the game at all. Trading cards and magazines have shown a Zane figure with one dual molded arm (silver and white) and one printed arm with dots, which clearly wasn't just made up for those. With the way season 11 ended, despite Tommy A stating it was always intended to end that way, it just feels very strange to bench him for this season purposefully, especially after he was essentially benched for the second half of last season as well as the Ice Emperor. 

Other than that, loving the episodes so far. I really enjoy how to-the-point and concise they are, with literally no filler whatsoever (and it looks like there won't be any filler for the rest of the season). If this 16 episode format (equivalent to 8 episodes in the old format) per season sticks, I'd be fine with it.

Spoiler

I do hope we get a short that bridges the gap between Episode 4 and 5. As it feels odd that the ninja go from meeting Jay in the game to getting new suits and gear and knowing how to stop unagami. There is a gap in story missing there.