Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

16 hours ago, Ronan54 said:

No one knows where the Tyrant teapot is, it's unlikely that Nadakhan come back.

Bernie the big beetle coughed it up in the Desert of Doom in The Fire Chapter. It had been living in it's tummy for these past few years because it digests so incredibly slowly.

We have a leaked plot outline for Season 12! Apparently the ‘Empire’ faction isn’t right, it’s gonna be about an SAO-like video game called Prime Empire coming into circulation and anyone who plays it disappears. To find out what’s going on the ninja have to journey into a dangerous digital world ruled by the mysterious Unagami.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

We have a leaked plot outline for Season 12! Apparently the ‘Empire’ faction isn’t right, it’s gonna be about an SAO-like video game called Prime Empire coming into circulation and anyone who plays it disappears. To find out what’s going on the ninja have to journey into a dangerous digital world ruled by the mysterious Unagami.

mmm... that sounds... interesting. I'm curious to see how they'll handle this, it'll be cool seeing how the Ninja interact inside a videogame

16 minutes ago, Ronan54 said:

mmm... that sounds... interesting. I'm curious to see how they'll handle this, it'll be cool seeing how the Ninja interact inside a videogame

Like the digiverse

On 10/20/2019 at 2:03 AM, Ronan54 said:

No one knows where the Tyrant teapot is, it's unlikely that Nadakhan come back. However, it'd be interesting if he came back and planned his vengeance over Jay

Some eagle-eyed viewers noticed the teapot inside the Desert Beetle in episode 4 of season 11. It also got regurgitated out when Zane escaped the Beetle's belly. I don’t think anything can be confirmed, but I wonder if they’re laying the groundwork for Nadakhan's return there. 

Back on the season we’re in now (Episode 27/28 spoilers to follow)

Spoiler

Maybe I’m in a minority, but I’m feeling rather satisfied with how they are explaining and tying everything together with such little time left in the season. When I heard Grimfax (Grimvax? The general under Vex's command) was going to defect to help Lloyd, I was a little sceptical, but they’ve done well to explain his motivation. He is a disgraced king taking orders from a stranger on his throne. No wonder at the first sign of hope he takes Lloyd's side.

Another little thing I liked was the Resistance theme from season 9 used in the credits of ep 28. Nice little callback now that another resistance is required.

Edited by Tobias_Jay

14 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Hide contents

Maybe I’m in a minority, but I’m feeling rather satisfied with how they are explaining and tying everything together with such little time left in the season. When I heard Grimfax (Grimvax? The general under Vex's command) was going to defect to help Lloyd, I was a little sceptical, but they’ve done well to explain his motivation. He is a disgraced king taking orders from a stranger on his throne. No wonder at the first sign of hope he takes Lloyd's side.

Another little thing I liked was the Resistance theme from season 9 used in the credits of ep 28. Nice little callback now that another resistance is required.

If you're in the minority then I'm in it with you. The backstory in 27 was great and fleshes out who the real threat and victims are.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:42 PM, Tobias_Jay said:

Reveal hidden contents

Same here too. I starting to enjoy it again. Was kinda getting bored with the pacing and "filler" episodes too. And I'm really happy with them going back to using legit flashback again with General Vex's backstory! The "anime" style flashbacks are "kinda" interesting but ultimately I'm not big fan of that at the moment. Looking forward to the final two episodes!

On 10/21/2019 at 6:07 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I totally dig this plot right now! Sounds like there going to be some good mystery which I like.

Spoiler

So Zane lost his memory because Vex tampered with him! That explains so much! I thought it was just the Scroll!

And it was great to see Vex and Grimfax’s backstory. (Are we sure his name is Grimfax? I don’t remember hearing that.) Great couple of episodes. Also yay Lloyd’s starting a new Resistance! 

I’m getting confused about the timeline, though. Akita and Kataru don’t seem to have aged much, but Vex certainly has (if we peg him at 30-ish in the flashback and he looks closer to 70 now, then that would imply that Zane’s been the Ice Emperor for about 40 years, which fits the ‘decades’ line. But unless Vex waited all that time and only took revenge on the Formlings in the most recent couple of years, Akita and Kataru should look a lot older than they do.

Also, we can officially add Kataru, Flashback Vex, Flashback Grimfax and his Flashback Samurai to the list of Ninjago figures we’ll never get ever. -.-

On 10/21/2019 at 12:42 AM, Tobias_Jay said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

You're not alone! I'm liking Grimfax more now, he was just an Empereor who was taken away of his charge for a strange, and Vex is starting to grow on me more now that we know his backstory and how he got revenge over the formilngs

On 10/20/2019 at 11:42 PM, Tobias_Jay said:

Some eagle-eyed viewers noticed the teapot inside the Desert Beetle in episode 4 of season 11. It also got regurgitated out when Zane escaped the Beetle's belly. I don’t think anything can be confirmed, but I wonder if they’re laying the groundwork for Nadakhan's return there. 

Hide contents

On 10/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, bricksnator said:

If you're in the minority then I'm in it with you. The backstory in 27 was great and fleshes out who the real threat and victims are.

Yes me too. I was totally denying Zane as the Ice emperor and then it gets COMFIRMED

Also I'm loving Kataru. He's just so cool:classic:

I caught the first 15 episodes of Season 10 on demand. No idea when or if they aired normally on Cartoon Network. The subsequent episodes aren't on demand and no idea on normal airing.

13 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I caught the first 15 episodes of Season 10 on demand. No idea when or if they aired normally on Cartoon Network. The subsequent episodes aren't on demand and no idea on normal airing.

S10 only has 4 episodes

On 10/25/2019 at 9:57 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

To my knowledge, episodes 16-30 are yet to air in the US. Those first 15 episodes aired from June to August and I guess were put on demand during then. If you’re keen to watch then next lot, you might still be able to find them on YouTube, but I can’t imagine it’ll be too long before they air on Cartoon Network in the US. Surely

Heads up for UK viewers, Secrets of Forbidden Spinjitzu starts airing on Cartoon Network on Monday 4th of November, looks like they'll only be showing one episode per weekday though. 

Interestingly, they also list it is being season 1.

Final 2 episodes are out

Spoiler

Honestly with how fast they resolved everything. The Kaiju Protocol should have been scrapped and that time made into a longer finale. We never got a Kai vs Zane battle. So much for Fire VS Ice.

Spoiler

The finale was... ok. It was even more rushed than S10, the Akita's kiss came out of nowhere, Zane just redeemed himself too easily and fast, Zane didn't have any consequences for what he did, the Kai's powers recovering was weird, but I can pass that, it was never clarified if Grimfax was the old emperor or not.

Overall, while the ice chapter was better than the fire chapter, it couldn't be that good, the filler episodes ruined it as well, the resolution was too fast, they showed too little the ice samurais and the ice Emperor, the ages of characters like Kataru and Akita don't match what they said, Krag's character, the other Ninja being mostly useless throught the episodes and that infamous Akita's kiss to Lloyd. However, It had good parts such as Akita and Lloyd's dynamic, the ice Emperor, Vex, the confrontations inside the ice castle and Kai's recovering his powers to destroy the ice Dragon

Edited by Ronan54

6 hours ago, Ronan54 said:
  Hide contents

The finale was... ok. It was even more rushed than S10, the Akita's kiss came out of nowhere, Zane just redeemed himself too easily and fast, Zane didn't have any consequences for what he did, the Kai's powers recovering was wird, but I can pass that, it was never clarified if Grimfax was the old emperor or not.

Overall, while the ice chapter was better than the fire chapter, it couldn't be that good, the filler episodes ruind it as well as how little they showed us the ice samuaris and the ice Emperor and the ages of the characters like Kataru and Akita don't match what they said. It had good parts such as Akita and Lloyd's dynamic, the ice Emperor, Vex, the confrontations inside the ice castle and Kai's recovering his powers to destroy the ice Dragon, but the resolution was too rushed and were too many filler episodes

I agree that finale was a bit rushed, but anyway we got everything that we needed to get, I mean, we saw how Nya controls ice, how Kai's powers come back and how Zane becomes good again. Remember, they only had 11 minutes for the finale, not 22 like they used to have. And to my mind all these filler episodes were just for showing all (or almost all) abilities of new studio DHX media. You know, effects like anime and this "dark style" in Kaiju Protocol and also everything else were just for... um fun(?) Maybe they were really pointless and didn't have any special and important plot, but it was funny to watch such episodes. I also like this new style of animation, because it's a bit different from previous seasons. To my mind, it was really better (just my opinion) especially moments with using elemental powers. The only bad thing about finale, except of rushed plot, was the lack of angst and drama. That was the only thing that was missed and was bad for ending season in such way.

Anyway, I hope s12 will catch up everything. And now we only have to wait some time. 

I liked this season overall, but it has a few issues, mainly with the filler episodes. But I'm still excited to see where the series goes next with all the new stuff that was added in this season. 

Edited by Lego David

Season 11 finale spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

I think anyone concerned that there wasn’t any emotional weight to Zane’s return should hold out for Season 12 or whatever’s supposed to come out before it. With the shorter runtime, they can’t really wrap everything up quite as neatly as they used to be able to. I imagine that there will be some carry on effects of Zane’s actions as the Ice Emperor that he will have to work through. They probably prioritised the wrap up of the Never-Realm plot because we’re less likely to see that realm again.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:33 AM, Tobias_Jay said:

Hide contents

I think anyone concerned that there wasn’t any emotional weight to Zane’s return should hold out for Season 12 or whatever’s supposed to come out before it. With the shorter runtime, they can’t really wrap everything up quite as neatly as they used to be able to. I imagine that there will be some carry on effects of Zane’s actions as the Ice Emperor that he will have to work through. They probably prioritised the wrap up of the Never-Realm plot because we’re less likely to see that realm again.

"'Never' is a very long time."

On 10/31/2019 at 9:33 PM, Tobias_Jay said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just found this on the Ninjago wiki;

I’d be very surprised if this totally ignored the Ice Emperor and was just Zane and Pixal on a date or something. (Probably both, though.)

A bunch of the second half's episodes are on demand in USA, but the first episode after the warp to the Neverland and a bunch in between are missing.

I'd like to have the Ice Emperor helmet and mask.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:33 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Just found this on the Ninjago wiki;

*snip*

I’d be very surprised if this totally ignored the Ice Emperor and was just Zane and Pixal on a date or something. (Probably both, though.)

Spoiler

Yes, if any episode is going to deal with the repercussions of Zane’s time as the Ice Emperor, it’ll be this one. 

Though Zane appears to be taking a break in the next season, judging by those that have seen the leaks of next years set lineup pointing out he doesn’t appear in any of the season 12 sets, bar the pink Zane suit. I know that the contents of the sets don’t say much about the direction of the show, but his absence is telling...