Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Loved both episodes 19 and 20, but feel like 19 would have been better as a short as it was extremely jarring in the middle of the Ice Chapter. 20 was absolutely amazing - some top notch acting and fight choreography, especially with the large and bulky mech, something that Wilfilm struggled to make look good in the past but clearly isn’t an issue for the new studio. Overall the Ice Chapter is shaping up to be so much more engaging than the Fire Chapter (and that was already really good) so I can’t wait to see what comes next.

As for the anime style, the fights were cool and all, but it just doesn’t feel the same as Ninjago - I wouldn’t mind it as a spin-off or side web short series, but would rather it not be used too much if at all in the future as it’s a bit too jarring going from 3D minifigures to this.

Well, episode 19 was... pointless. What's the point to have a "anime" style animation if you're just gonna use it with no purpose in the story more than filler! Seriously, the episode wasn't even funny

Now, with episode 20. It was better (obviously) I liked the interaction with Lloyd and Akita in her wolf form and the sentimental Zane's message. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't make much progress in the story (which is something to be expected considering that these are 30 epissodes, but even so, I can't stop seeing it as a issue)

Edited by Ronan54

Upon rewatching, Akita's theme is shaping up to be one of my favorite tracks in all of Ninjago. Really hoping that somehow, the music is released somewhere.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Upon rewatching, Akita's theme is shaping up to be one of my favorite tracks in all of Ninjago. Really hoping that somehow, the music is released somewhere.

Considering that Jay and Kramer haven't realesed most of the soundtracks from S8 and none of the soundtracks from S9 and 10, it's doubtful that they realese the ones from SotFS. But who knows!

Just now, Ronan54 said:

Considering that Jay and Kramer haven't realesed most of the soundtracks from S8 and none of the soundtracks from S9 and 10, it's doubtful that they realese the ones from SotFS. But who knows!

Yeah, not sure what's going on with the albums (that were supposed to all come out for S3-S7 on December 2017, then 2018, then delayed indefinitely) but really hoping that via YouTube or somewhere these will get released. Considering emailing the composers to see if they have any updates on this...

And there have been a few tracks for season 9 (and some really great ones for S7) released on David Butterfield and Jesi Nelson's Soundcloud (they are supporting musicians for Ninjago). 

Maybe I’m just tasteless, but I thought episode 19 was hilarious, albeit pointless. 

20 was incredible all around, though. The mech was amazing, Lloyd was brilliant, I really thought Akita was going to finally reveal her human form for a moment (‘Red’, ha) and Cole is . . probably better at singing than drawing. XD 

I’m just surprised it took Lloyd so long to recognise the mech. I realised what it was the moment it came on screen. Oh, also, th ice around the cave looked different to the ice everywhere else. I think Zane intentionally sealed off the cave to protect himself from the bird. 

Also, they did the ‘sad music and flashbacks’ thing they do whenever a character dies but I don’t believe for a second that Zane’s really dead. The recording was touching all the same. 

Really nice episodes. Granted, I thought it would have been harder for the ninja to find a way back to Ninjago - also, I sort of expected the Tea dropped in the Land-Bounty to somehow magically grow into a tree.

Come to think of it, when Lloyd found the Land-Bounty a couple of episodes ago, why didn't he just take the Tea from there? This whole thing seems like the ninja have unknowingly dodged the whole 'Traveller's Tea grown in Ninjago doesn't work in the Nether-Realm' issue, which makes that entire limitation kind of pointless - did they add that line to ep 115 at the last minute just to make the mid-season finale that much more dramatic? 

Still, yay for yetis!

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Really nice episodes. Granted, I thought it would have been harder for the ninja to find a way back to Ninjago - also, I sort of expected the Tea dropped in the Land-Bounty to somehow magically grow into a tree.

Come to think of it, when Lloyd found the Land-Bounty a couple of episodes ago, why didn't he just take the Tea from there? This whole thing seems like the ninja have unknowingly dodged the whole 'Traveller's Tea grown in Ninjago doesn't work in the Nether-Realm' issue, which makes that entire limitation kind of pointless - did they add that line to ep 115 at the last minute just to make the mid-season finale that much more dramatic? 

Still, yay for yetis!

They could have had Lloyd find the bag of tea only for it to have been destroyed when the Land Bounty crashed.

That or Lloyd did find the tea. And cause he hasn't gotten back to the other ninja. Doesn't know they found more.

Episodes 23 and 24 have dropped!

Gotta say, I really liked these episodes!

Spoiler

We finally see Akita in her human form, we see backstory for her and, surprisingly, sor Vex as well. The only things I didn't like were the "I don't trust you" thing with Lloyd and Akita and some of the desings of the 2D animated flashback

These episodes were gorgeous. I choked up. 

Spoiler

Gotta say, I’m really happy they’re giving Vex backstory and character development. He seems like a really major character, I’m happy he’s getting the attention he deserves.

The Formling designs are gorgeous, but will probably be hard to replicate with the animal headdresses. Also, looking at how Akita’s suddenly appeared after she found her form, I’m wondering if they’re actually attached to their heads or what . . 

Also, can anyone identify Akita’s accent? I want to say Scottish, but it’s not quite right . . 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Still, yay for yetis!

I was hoping the ninja wouldn't get travelers tea. I sent a character idea to LEGO and he has the power to cross between realms. But the yeti was a nice touch.

18 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

These episodes were gorgeous. I choked up. 

Hide contents

Gotta say, I’m really happy they’re giving Vex backstory and character development. He seems like a really major character, I’m happy he’s getting the attention he deserves.

The Formling designs are gorgeous, but will probably be hard to replicate with the animal headdresses. Also, looking at how Akita’s suddenly appeared after she found her form, I’m wondering if they’re actually attached to their heads or what . . 

Also, can anyone identify Akita’s accent? I want to say Scottish, but it’s not quite right . . 

She sounds a bit like Faith to me.

21 hours ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

I was hoping the ninja wouldn't get travelers tea. I sent a character idea to LEGO and he has the power to cross between realms. But the yeti was a nice touch.

Just an FYI for future reference, Lego generally can't take fan suggestions like that for use in their shows or stories outside of official contests or other ways of directly soliciting fan ideas. Without any sort of contractual agreement, they couldn't be sure that they'd be legally in the clear to use an idea that didn't originate with the company. This applies to most other non-Lego creative media as well, from books to comics to TV shows.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Just an FYI for future reference, Lego generally can't take fan suggestions like that for use in their shows or stories outside of official contests or other ways of directly soliciting fan ideas. Without any sort of contractual agreement, they couldn't be sure that they'd be legally in the clear to use an idea that didn't originate with the company. This applies to most other non-Lego creative media as well, from books to comics to TV shows.

Thanks for the information.?

Edited by Ninjaguy99

10 hours ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

Just For clarification the fire chapter didnt have "fillers".

It did have filler (Eps 1, 2, 6, 8, 12, 19)

18 hours ago, Ronan54 said:

I'd say 3&4 were fillers.

It depends on your definition of 'filler'. My definition is of a story that only exists to fill space, and nothing happens in said episode to move the story along. With that definition, none of the episodes have been strictly filler. They've all served a direct purpose to move the story along. 3 & 4 are definitely closer to that definition, since all that really happens in the Ninja fight a big beetle, but that's about all. 'News Never Sleeps' and 'Snaketrastrophy' both serve story purposes (Getting PIXAL to the Ninja for the former, and sharing the motivations of the Pyro Vipers) while also being some of the best darn episodes Ninjago has ever had.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:05 AM, dimaks13 said:

On 10/5/2019 at 6:46 AM, Ronan54 said:

6 & 8 weren't fillers because they somehow influenced the main story

Edited by Ninjaguy99

Episodes 25 and 26 have dropped!

Spoiler

Heck, two episodes of pure waste, seriously. One would expect that the revelation of Zane being the Ice Emperor would be more shocking, but in the way they executed it... yeah not that much.

The Kaiju Protocol... another filler episode. I don't understand what was the point in bringing back the Preeminent to then defeat her in that same episode. The only good part here is that there was a Chima reference and that we finally see how the Departed Realm looks like

Edited by Ronan54

It was spectacular that they brought back the Preeminent. It is a bit disappointing that the status quo is unchanged . . guess 26 really was a filler episode. I was hoping the Preeminent might mean that the ghosts could come back and possibly tie in with Hidden Side. I love the Chima reference, though! 

Speaking of the ghosts, does anyone think they might eventually reuse a villain faction? Because we’ve seen callbacks in the Departed and Legacy sets, but is it possible that, say, the S.O.G. or the ghosts could return as the antagonists of a future season? Thinking about it, it’s probably most likely that the Hands of Time and the Vermillion might return. We still don’t have a concrete answer as to what happened to them, except that “they were sent far into the future”. Fingers crossed that we’ll see them again!

The reveal of Zane as the Emperor was a bit anticlimactic, but the mech/Wyvern fight was awesome! Also, calling it, the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjirzu is wrapped up inside that frozen staff. Just in case that wasn’t obvious. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

It was spectacular that they brought back the Preeminent. It is a bit disappointing that the status quo is unchanged . . guess 26 really was a filler episode. I was hoping the Preeminent might mean that the ghosts could come back and possibly tie in with Hidden Side. I love the Chima reference, though! 

Speaking of the ghosts, does anyone think they might eventually reuse a villain faction? Because we’ve seen callbacks in the Departed and Legacy sets, but is it possible that, say, the S.O.G. or the ghosts could return as the antagonists of a future season? Thinking about it, it’s probably most likely that the Hands of Time and the Vermillion might return. We still don’t have a concrete answer as to what happened to them, except that “they were sent far into the future”. Fingers crossed that we’ll see them again!

The reveal of Zane as the Emperor was a bit anticlimactic, but the mech/Wyvern fight was awesome! Also, calling it, the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjirzu is wrapped up inside that frozen staff. Just in case that wasn’t obvious. 

We've seen various new Serpentine baddies (like in the Skybound and Fire Season sets) as well as the return of villains in other contexts like the team-up in Day of the Departed. So it's not outside the realm of possibility that old villains or classes of villains might appear again in the future, even if it's aligned with a newly created faction of villains.

Nadakhan can still return if someone frees him from the lamp.

Whether or not he'll remember the events of Skybound like Nya and Jay did however will determine how he'll act as a character

Though I think it would be more interesting if he did remember as it would lead to some interesting Character development.

As for a future villain team up. We got the Overlord and Pythor still around somewhere. Add in Nadakhan and the return of the Time Twins. And we could have a interesting confrontation for the ninja. 

Garmadon is planning something. But I doubt he would want to work with the Overlord again. He seems more like the villain to want Ninjago for himself and not work with other villains again.

14 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Nadakhan can still return if someone frees him from the lamp.

Whether or not he'll remember the events of Skybound like Nya and Jay did however will determine how he'll act as a character

Though I think it would be more interesting if he did remember as it would lead to some interesting Character development.

No one knows where the Tyrant teapot is, it's unlikely that Nadakhan come back. However, it'd be interesting if he came back and planned his vengeance over Jay

We got the Overlord and Pythor still around somewhere. Add in Nadakhan and the return of the Time Twins. And we could have a interesting confrontation for the ninja. 

Pythor and the Overlord are a more likely possibility, but they've used them twice already, use them again would be monotonous and redundant. Now, The Hands of Time NEED a return, they have to finish their lost arc that started in S7

Garmadon is planning something. But I doubt he would want to work with the Overlord again. He seems more like the villain to want Ninjago for himself and not work with other villains again.

I don't think Garmadon is planning something evil right now. Considering what he did in MoTo, I think all he wants is leave in peace for once

Edited by Ronan54