Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Hey, has anyone seen this?;

That's right, The Weekend Whip is officially back as the theme song of Ninjago and I am so happy! I've really missed it these last couple of years. Maybe next year there'll be an 'Arcade Whip'?

On 8/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, has anyone seen this?;

That's right, The Weekend Whip is officially back as the theme song of Ninjago and I am so happy! I've really missed it these last couple of years. Maybe next year there'll be an 'Arcade Whip'?

Yup. I gotta say it is really catchy. They did a perfect mix between a remix and a non-remix song. And the cover looks fantastic with all the 6 ninja in their FS forms

Edited by Ronan54

Okay, so I've been rewatching Ninjago with a friend of mine (mostly because she wanted to understand all my references to it), we just got caught up with March of the Oni, and she suggested an interesting theory; what if Omega was the only real Oni there? We see more 'oni' coming out of Omega's shadow (implying that he's creating them), and he's the only one who talks - the rest of the Oni act like animals, but Omega's intelligent. It would also explain why the ninja found the Oni easier to beat than they really should have been - they were all fakes except Omega, and after the Tornado of Creation obliterated all the fake Oni, it was essentially the cumulative power of all the ninja plus Sensei plus Garmadon against Omega alone. It's a headcanon, but it would explain a lot about why the Oni got so hyped and then were so disappointing. Thoughts?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, so I've been rewatching Ninjago with a friend of mine (mostly because she wanted to understand all my references to it), we just got caught up with March of the Oni, and she suggested an interesting theory; what if Omega was the only real Oni there? We see more 'oni' coming out of Omega's shadow (implying that he's creating them), and he's the only one who talks - the rest of the Oni act like animals, but Omega's intelligent. It would also explain why the ninja found the Oni easier to beat than they really should have been - they were all fakes except Omega, and after the Tornado of Creation obliterated all the fake Oni, it was essentially the cumulative power of all the ninja plus Sensei plus Garmadon against Omega alone. It's a headcanon, but it would explain a lot about why the Oni got so hyped and then were so disappointing. Thoughts?

The Oni were easily to defeat because their weakness was easy to find out. If they are destruction and darkness, then the best choice would be the golden weapons and, of course, the tornado of creation. Heck, even Lloyd says that "What's the opossite to destruction? Creation! Don't you get it? Creation, the tornado of creation! It's the one thing that can defeat the Oni. The power of Creation!"

Edited by Ronan54

1 hour ago, Ronan54 said:

The Oni were easily to defeat because their weakness was easy to find out. If they are destruction and darkness, then the best choice would be the golden weapons and, of course, the tornado of creation. Heck, even Lloyd says that "What's the opossite to destruction? Creation! Don't you get it? Creation, the tornado of creation! It's the one thing that can defeat the Oni. The power of Creation!"

I personally always found it odd that the Oni were hyped up as the embodiment of destruction, yet throughout March of the Oni, they don't physically destroy a single thing. In addition, the tornado of creation doesn't 'create' anything either, unlike when it was used back in the early days of Ninjago. 

Speaking of the March of the Oni special though, it appears that it will finally be airing in the UK in a couple of weeks on both Cartoon Network and CITV (Starting Sep 1st and 3rd respectively). It's a shame that it took this long to come to the UK, hopefully we'll get the Secrets of Forbidden Spinjitzu soon as well.

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

I personally always found it odd that the Oni were hyped up as the embodiment of destruction

Thank Tommy for make it 4 episode long instead of 10 episodes long

yet throughout March of the Oni, they don't physically destroy a single thing.

I think that with "Destruction" they mean with cover everything in darkness and freezing all the population, leaving it as a dead place (Kind of like the Upside Down from Stranger Things)

the tornado of creation doesn't 'create' anything either, unlike when it was used back in the early days of Ninjago. 

With this one, they only made the tornado of creation to use its power over creation and not to create something 

By the way, the episodes 17 and 18 of SotFS leaked yesterday

Edited by Ronan54

Loving this Never-Realm storyline and the amount of mysteries surrounding the Ice Samurai, the prisoner, the origin of all this, and the wolves — this second half has really gripped me much more than the fire chapter, and I’m so excited for what’s to come. Also am getting some heavy Game of Thrones vibes with the battle against the warriors and their approach to the fortified village, which is cool

I want to see more of the wolf (And I hope we get to see her in her human form). I think the prisoner is Zane. From what Vex has said, it seems to be him

In a side note, I don't know why Nya is traying to use the ice to use her powers if she doesn't need of existing water to use them. And Kai recovering his powers in the most convient time was predectible and a bit forced

10 hours ago, Ronan54 said:

I want to see more of the wolf (And I hope we get to see her in her human form). I think the prisoner is Zane. From what Vex has said, it seems to be him

In a side note, I don't know why Nya is traying to use the ice to use her powers if she doesn't need of existing water to use them. And Kai recovering his powers in the most convient time was predectible and a bit forced

I feel like they’d show it was Zane if it was really him though. If all the characters think it’s him, there’s no point hiding it if it’s actually him - that, plus the eyebrows on the set Ice Emperor being identical to Zane’s plus the strangely low battery of the mech makes me smell some sort of twist coming up...

Edited by legozebra

Episode 18 was a bit interesting, it looks like Sorla is saying that ice and water are related elements, and is implying it should be possible for Nya to control frozen water. Cole's RX powers use magma, so this isn't the first time this elemental concept has shown up. Magma is molten earth, water is heated ice, so it all pretty much works out.

I just wish the creators weren't so quick on the draw to say that Jay's wind abilities were an error, all those years back. While wind and lightning aren't as one-to-one as water/ice or magma/earth, they still are two elements that form the sky, and they both combine to create storms. Which is actually exactly what Jay's Spinjitzu looked like in a lot of promotional material. But I wouldn't be surprised if more recent materials showed that resemblance as well. 
Possession could've been the perfect time to reverse the error from years back, because Morro, the wind master, used powers nearly identical to lightning when he fought Wu and the ninja early on in that season. But I believe those powers were explained to be Morro using Lloyd's own element, instead of lightning. I guess that works, because Lloyd's powers are weird and have taken different shapes before, but I feel like it would've been even better if that incident was instead used to further this concept of related/connected elements

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, 17 and 18 are good plot development and better foreshadowing. I didn't miss the village people mentioning a 'village of the Formlings' that's cursed; what's the betting that Akita's a Formling who's staying in wolf form until she knows Lloyd a bit better?

But that means that she isn't the prisoner in the Ice Castle - unless wolf-Akita and human-Akita are somehow separate? Maybe Zane really is the prisoner, even though a lot of clues are pointing towards him being the Emperor. Only thing is, Akita's the only other character in the sets, which means that this prisoner must be a new character who hasn't previously been in a set. Mind; there's precedent for this; we didn't get Harumi in her Quiet One outfit until the Hunted wave of sets to preserve the surprise of her being the secret leader of the S.O.G., so if the prisoner is a new character who's important then maybe they'll return to Ninjago with the ninja and be in one of next year's sets. (My hypothesis; another Formling, possibly a relative or love interest of Akita's. It would be a really great subplot if Lloyd started developing feelings for Akita only to find out she already has a boyfriend.)

Speaking of the sets, this explains the Lloyd's Journey set, with Lloyd and wolf-Akita. But Akita's not in the Mech set, which implies that by the time Lloyd has the Mech working, they'll have already released Zane and something will have happened to separate Lloyd and Akita. (Assuming the sets are accurate, of course, which they might not be; as far as we know Sensei never even set foot on the Land Bounty.)

I'm also worried about Lloyd's plan; he's betting on the mech, but even without considering the fact that it's probably aged and the battery's almost dead, Aspheera took off its arm. Does Lloyd plan to fight the Ice Emperor with a one-armed Jaeger? (I'm sorry but it looks so much like a recoloured Pacific Rim thing I couldn't resist.)

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

unless wolf-Akita and human-Akita are somehow separate?

Maybe

(My hypothesis; another Formling, possibly a relative or love interest of Akita's. It would be a really great subplot if Lloyd started developing feelings for Akita only to find out she already has a boyfriend.)

Please no, not another love-plot

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, 17 and 18 are good plot development and better foreshadowing. I didn't miss the village people mentioning a 'village of the Formlings' that's cursed; what's the betting that Akita's a Formling who's staying in wolf form until she knows Lloyd a bit better?

But that means that she isn't the prisoner in the Ice Castle - unless wolf-Akita and human-Akita are somehow separate? Maybe Zane really is the prisoner, even though a lot of clues are pointing towards him being the Emperor. Only thing is, Akita's the only other character in the sets, which means that this prisoner must be a new character who hasn't previously been in a set. Mind; there's precedent for this; we didn't get Harumi in her Quiet One outfit until the Hunted wave of sets to preserve the surprise of her being the secret leader of the S.O.G., so if the prisoner is a new character who's important then maybe they'll return to Ninjago with the ninja and be in one of next year's sets. (My hypothesis; another Formling, possibly a relative or love interest of Akita's. It would be a really great subplot if Lloyd started developing feelings for Akita only to find out she already has a boyfriend.)

Speaking of the sets, this explains the Lloyd's Journey set, with Lloyd and wolf-Akita. But Akita's not in the Mech set, which implies that by the time Lloyd has the Mech working, they'll have already released Zane and something will have happened to separate Lloyd and Akita. (Assuming the sets are accurate, of course, which they might not be; as far as we know Sensei never even set foot on the Land Bounty.)

I'm also worried about Lloyd's plan; he's betting on the mech, but even without considering the fact that it's probably aged and the battery's almost dead, Aspheera took off its arm. Does Lloyd plan to fight the Ice Emperor with a one-armed Jaeger? (I'm sorry but it looks so much like a recoloured Pacific Rim thing I couldn't resist.)

I wouldn’t take the set’s inclusion of figures to mean anything - I’m sure that it Akita is still with Lloyd when he finds the mech, the only reason she’s not in the set is because LEGO wanted to keep the figure exclusive to one set.

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

The Shuircopter was shown with the Never Realm background. Think it'll show up in the Ice Episodes?

I don't think so. The shuricopter was never seen being put in by the ninja in the Land Bounty (like the Dirt Bike and the Katan 4x4)

Spoiler

If the Shuricopter was brought along to the Never-Realm in the Land Bounty, I can’t imagine it would be in great shape. 

Somewhere it was leaked that Akita has a sister, so I’m assuming thats who the prisoner is. I am also gathering that there is some kind of ‘prophecy’ that details the presence of a green hero that will save the realm, judging by the monologue at the start of episode 16 and Vex’s conversation with the prisoner. Hence why Akita appears so eager to help Lloyd. 

I’m wondering if we’re going to see any episodes set in Ninjago in this chapter, exploring how Wu, P.I.X.A.L and the other allies are getting on believing the ninja are lost forever

10 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Hide contents

If the Shuricopter was brought along to the Never-Realm in the Land Bounty, I can’t imagine it would be in great shape. 

Somewhere it was leaked that Akita has a sister, so I’m assuming thats who the prisoner is. I am also gathering that there is some kind of ‘prophecy’ that details the presence of a green hero that will save the realm, judging by the monologue at the start of episode 16 and Vex’s conversation with the prisoner. Hence why Akita appears so eager to help Lloyd. 

I’m wondering if we’re going to see any episodes set in Ninjago in this chapter, exploring how Wu, P.I.X.A.L and the other allies are getting on believing the ninja are lost forever

Spoiler

If we’re right about time passing far more quickly in the Never-Realm than in Ninjago, then that’s probably a non-factor; even if it takes the Ninja a month to sort out the mess in the Never-Realm (which is my outward estimate on how long it’ll take in-universe, after all they spent a little under two weeks in the First Realm last year) it’ll probably be a few minutes at most for Pixal and Sensei. Hell, they probably won’t have enough time to get to the phone, call Misako and tell her Lloyd’s gone before they’re back. 

2 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

The shuricopter was never seen being put in the Land Bounty before they went to the Never-Realm

Where did you see that Akita has a sister? It sounds like a theory to me.

When Akita was saying that she believed that someone will face the ice samurais in the episode 16 she said nothing about a green presence. That monologue was more in the sense of having hope rather than repeating something that a "prophecy" says. In the other hand, she said that the blizzard samurais murdered her people, so maybe that's why she wants to help Lloyd

So something just occurred to me; all the previous seasons of Ninjago have had 'sub-titles'. Rise of the Snakes, Skybound, March of the Oni, etc. Even the original series was "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu." But I haven't heard any subheading that the current season falls under, it's just been 'Season 11'. Has anyone heard otherwise? What is this season called?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So something just occurred to me; all the previous seasons of Ninjago have had 'sub-titles'. Rise of the Snakes, Skybound, March of the Oni, etc. Even the original series was "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu." But I haven't heard any subheading that the current season falls under, it's just been 'Season 11'. Has anyone heard otherwise? What is this season called?

Secrets Of The Forbidden Spinjitzu

That's the official name of the season

The mech looks great as always, and I'm excited to see the mystery of the Ice Emperor unravel. Anime-styled portion is a little odd, but it would certainly make for an interesting episode. Maybe it fits in the context of Cole telling a story, and this is through his eyes? That would explain the Ultra Violet appearance (he could be telling the kids about Sons of Garmadon), and him narrating the intro of the teaser explaining Aspheera certainly lines up with that. The episode is titled "The Worst of All," so I could see him recapping past villains in an anime-esque style. I just hope that doesn't take away too much from the main plotline... 

30 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Maybe it fits in the context of Cole telling a story, and this is through his eyes? That would explain the Ultra Violet appearance (he could be telling the kids about Sons of Garmadon), and him narrating the intro of the teaser explaining Aspheera certainly lines up with that. The episode is titled "The Worst of All," so I could see him recapping past villains in an anime-esque style. I just hope that doesn't take away too much from the main plotline... 

Let's hope they don't dedicate a full episode for that. I'm tired of the filler

Just now, Ronan54 said:

Let's hope they don't dedicate a full episode for that. I'm tired of the filler

Tommy Andreasen said that yes, indeed an entire episode (but only one) will be used for this anime style, although the context is pure speculation by me. We'll have to wait and see how exactly this will fit in the main story.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Tommy Andreasen said that yes, indeed an entire episode (but only one) will be used for this anime style, although the context is pure speculation by me. We'll have to wait and see how exactly this will fit in the main story.

Honestly, this anime style would go better for a non-canon web series. In any case, I still a bit curious about this anime style