Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

On 6/24/2019 at 7:27 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Nevermind, found a player. Anyone want me to post a link?

I've been watching them on the Cartoon Network app, which posted the first 8 episodes, but would love to see your link as the CN ones play with ads and are DRM protected which is a tad annoying.

22 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I've been watching them on the Cartoon Network app, which posted the first 8 episodes, but would love to see your link as the CN ones play with ads and are DRM protected which is a tad annoying.

Here. This Youtuber's been posting one every day and has the first four at present.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZMHcXKTcHeseUCaqrGlVA/featured

Episodes 9,10,11, and 12 are up! As usual with DHX, fight scenes are absolutely incredible and such a massive step up from anything that came before. Forbidden Spinjitzu looks really good (especially Garmadon’s) and I’m excited to see where this goes next.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Episodes 9,10,11, and 12 are up! As usual with DHX, fight scenes are absolutely incredible and such a massive step up from anything that came before. Forbidden Spinjitzu looks really good (especially Garmadon’s) and I’m excited to see where this goes next.

Where? My player went bust and I only got up to episode 7.

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

13-15 as well.

14 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

13-15 as well.

Spoiler

The mirror reflections in 13 were some really, really cool character moments and I'm sure the one with Zane losing his humanity will especially come into play soon. 14 had one of the best fights in Ninjago with the ninja+Forbidden scroll versus Aspheera, and I always love seeing Zane come to the forefront (although I hope his disappearance doesn't mean we won't be seeing him for a while).

My best prediction for the back half of the season is that Zane becomes the Forsaken Emperor. We've seen how holding onto the scroll for a limited amount of time can change you -- now he has to carry it around for who knows how long. Super excited to see where this is all headed, although Aspheera's introduction and quick defeat felt a little rushed to me - so is she just locked away now? I was thinking the ninja were going to split up and have Zane, Nya, and Lloyd in the Never-Realm while Kai, Cole, and Jay held down the fort in Ninjago, but I guess that's not the case now that the Pyro Vipers aren't a threat. 

Anyone else find it a little weird how PIXAL didn't insist to go with them to save Zane? I get that she's a side character, but she has a really personal attachment to Zane and it's odd how she specifically was picked not to go.

16 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Where? My player went bust and I only got up to episode 7.

I've been watching on the CN App, but 8-15 are all on Youtube

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

Hide contents

The mirror reflections in 13 were some really, really cool character moments and I'm sure the one with Zane losing his humanity will especially come into play soon. 14 had one of the best fights in Ninjago with the ninja+Forbidden scroll versus Aspheera, and I always love seeing Zane come to the forefront (although I hope his disappearance doesn't mean we won't be seeing him for a while).

My best prediction for the back half of the season is that Zane becomes the Forsaken Emperor. We've seen how holding onto the scroll for a limited amount of time can change you -- now he has to carry it around for who knows how long. Super excited to see where this is all headed, although Aspheera's introduction and quick defeat felt a little rushed to me - so is she just locked away now? I was thinking the ninja were going to split up and have Zane, Nya, and Lloyd in the Never-Realm while Kai, Cole, and Jay held down the fort in Ninjago, but I guess that's not the case now that the Pyro Vipers aren't a threat. 

Anyone else find it a little weird how PIXAL didn't insist to go with them to save Zane? I get that she's a side character, but she has a really personal attachment to Zane and it's odd how she specifically was picked not to go.

Spoiler

I'm caught up now, and I loved episodes 8-15. It is weird that Pixal didn't go - also, what the heck happened to her Samurai X Mech? I remember seeing it in the garage, did it just vanish? 

Still, the Never-Realm is definitely shaping up as an interesting setting. I had expected Lloyd's big green Mech to be some kind of relic from the First Spinjitzu Master that he discovers at the end of his quest with Akita, so I was definitely surprised to see it in the garage. But if I had to guess, Zane's now the goal behind Lloyd's quest, and they're going to meet Akita in the Never-Realm. And it won't be a 1-on-1 between Lloyd and Akita like the sets suggested, but Akita will probably guide the whole team. Also, the Katana 4x4 and Cole's bike are almost definitely in the Land Bounty's garage, possibly the ShuriCopter too, and they're almost definitely going to repair the Green Mech. Gotta have product placement, right?

Also, the new Serpentine lore is confusing; I thought only Serpentine tribal leaders had tails and the rest had legs, except the Anacondrai? Aspheera and Char definitely aren't tribe leaders. And you can see in the flashback that Aspheera has the lines in her eyes that indicate she's a Hypnobrai, at least when not fired up. Char does look like he might be an Anacondrai, albeit a pretty pathetic one, since we never see what he looks like when not fired up. A friend of mine suggested this might be evolution at work?

Also, Aspheera and Char's states of being empowered by Kai's fire shall henceforth be referred to as them being fired up. That's official. Use it. You know you want to. 

I didn't expect Season 11 to be pretty good, given the new direction and tone. But it exceeded my expectations. The animation was very refreshing to see as well! 

Spoiler

Though at times, the show didn't take itself seriously, containing lots meta jokes and references, especially with a whole episode dedicated to a news broadcast with advertisement, they were enjoyable in the beginning, but I think they took it a little bit too far. Thankfully, the story steered itself back on track after Asphyra retrieved the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu. One thing I really loved in this season is the dynamic between Sensei Wu and the Ninjas. It feels very natural, and the part where the ninjas tied him up as they tried to leave for the Neverrealm is pretty tragic. 

Looking forward to more episodes. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

It was revealed at SDCC that Ninjago is getting some anime content.

Now this is what I'm looking forward to!

9 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Now this is what I'm looking forward to!

Based on Tommy's comments it's not anime for the sake of anime. The narrative will dictate when/where the anime appears and doesn't appear.

Insert the potential video game-theme and the answer might be obvious.

16 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Based on Tommy's comments it's not anime for the sake of anime. The narrative will dictate when/where the anime appears and doesn't appear.

I understand. It’ll be more like pseudo-anime, which is anime-influenced animation like Avatar: The Last Airbender for example.

I'm on 12 episode and MAN! This is best Ninjago season yet. Not only it has good stakes and action scenes it's also amazingly HILARIOUS!
I also like how they are expanding older Lore more and more.ANd it's slowly becames obvious that...

Spoiler

They are few kids that will be new ninja.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

20 hours ago, bricksnator said:

It's from Season 11.

Oh so THAT is where the images I saw on Tumblr came from. I honestly thought they were fan arts.
I will admit I am still 50/50 on the whole 11 minute format thing but it has its ups and downs

Spoiler

I liked the season as a whole, but I felt that they shifted the dynamic between Wu and the Ninja way too far. Their relationship has never been this terrible! It just didn't fit with everything we've seen until now.

8 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Surprised no one is talking about Episode 16 that showed up online:

I think this is leading to something really, really interesting...

I am almost 100% certain Zane is the Ice Emperor. It’s been hinted at since the start, with Zane’s weird visions revolving around getting struck by Aspheera’s staff and the Ice Emperor, and further set up in episode 14, when Wu asked Zane for the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu and there was a big moment of hesitation before he started to bring it over. We saw how angry and out of character Wu got when he held it for a few seconds, and we know it affects Nindroids as PIXAL said it “feels strange” while holding it. Zane’s greatest fear in the mirror was to lose his humanity, and I think that’s all foreshadowing for this. When the fire revealed Zane’s location, it showed the Ice Fortress — we are made to think he’s the “prisoner,” but I think that’s a red herring and in future episodes, the ninja will attempt to liberate the prisoner and find it’s not him. Aspheera’s spell could have sent Zane through both time and space, forcing him to hold the scroll for years on end and corrupting him over a great span of time. By that last scene, it also seems that the emperor is not entirely with it, and it’s almost like Vex is pulling all the strings here while the emperor sits and contemplates. What will really confirm this is if the ninja discover in the next few episodes that the reason the mech’s signal is very faint is because it’s been buried under a ton of snow and ice, and will have appeared to have aged a great deal. I really, really hope this is the case, as the show’s never really tried anything like this ever before, and am so excited to see how this chapter plays out. 

22 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Aspheera’s spell could have sent Zane through both time and space

Or just the fact time works differently in different realms.

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Hide contents

Or just the fact time works differently in different realms.

Spoiler

I agree. Let’s be real, Zane, as a robot, is functionally immortal. He is the only one of the ninja who could be stranded in a realm where time passes thousands of times more quickly and not die of old age or at least get old enough to be his teammate’s father. I definitely think he’s the Forsaken Emperor - even the name! Zane will, after all this time, believe that his friends gave up on him, forsook him. It makes perfect sense.

Although this raises another question; how the hell has Zane stayed powered all these years? There’s no electricity in the Never-Realm, that much is obvious. Does Ninjago have perpetual motion generators?

Vex is definitely a bad influence on Zane, too. I suspected that the Blizzard Samurai were just animated zombies brought to life by Zane’s power, but Vex at least is definitely an individual. Where did he come from? I hope the story explains his origin, even if only briefly, after all I suspect that after Zane sees the light Vex will become the main antagonist. 

Can’t wait for the next few episodes!

I'm definitely enjoying the season so far! While it isn't the usual 22 minute episodes and the dark tones has been subsided, I find the new format kinda refreshing.

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

I think this is leading to something really, really interesting...

Reveal hidden contents

I am almost 100% certain Zane is the Ice Emperor. It’s been hinted at since the start, with Zane’s weird visions revolving around getting struck by Aspheera’s staff and the Ice Emperor, and further set up in episode 14, when Wu asked Zane for the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu and there was a big moment of hesitation before he started to bring it over. We saw how angry and out of character Wu got when he held it for a few seconds, and we know it affects Nindroids as PIXAL said it “feels strange” while holding it. Zane’s greatest fear in the mirror was to lose his humanity, and I think that’s all foreshadowing for this. When the fire revealed Zane’s location, it showed the Ice Fortress — we are made to think he’s the “prisoner,” but I think that’s a red herring and in future episodes, the ninja will attempt to liberate the prisoner and find it’s not him. Aspheera’s spell could have sent Zane through both time and space, forcing him to hold the scroll for years on end and corrupting him over a great span of time. By that last scene, it also seems that the emperor is not entirely with it, and it’s almost like Vex is pulling all the strings here while the emperor sits and contemplates. What will really confirm this is if the ninja discover in the next few episodes that the reason the mech’s signal is very faint is because it’s been buried under a ton of snow and ice, and will have appeared to have aged a great deal. I really, really hope this is the case, as the show’s never really tried anything like this ever before, and am so excited to see how this chapter plays out. 

Spoiler

Looking forward to seeing on what happens next. I'm quite intrigued that the Ice Emperor is somewhat being manipulated in some way.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:36 AM, Master_Data said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I liked the season as a whole, but I felt that they shifted the dynamic between Wu and the Ninja way too far. Their relationship has never been this terrible! It just didn't fit with everything we've seen until now.

Spoiler

Gotta say, I'm quite amused with that concept, it's certainly something new to me as someone who's been watching the season from way back haha. I'm also quite amused too with how the characteristic of Clutch Powers has taken a 360!

Spoiler

I definitely think Zane is the Forsaken Emperor with the prisoner being Akita. 

Time in the never realm might be faster than in Ninjago. A day in the never realm is a few seconds in Ninjago.

So with the Never Realm. That brings the total of realms revealed to 10. (11 if you consider Nexo Knights a realm)

Okay, this isn’t related to the current season, but I was rewatching Day of the Departed and noticed; there are a couple of kids in the audience of the Royal Blacksmiths show that are dressed as Oni! This was two entire years before the Oni were a thing in the show; how far ahead do they plan? Thar’s one hell of an Easter egg.

Edited by Feng-huang0296

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, this isn’t related to the current season, but I was rewatching Day of the Departed and noticed; there are a couple of kids in the audience of the Royal Blacksmiths show that are dressed as Oni! This was two entire years before the Oni were a thing in the show; how far ahead do they plan? Thar’s one hell of an Easter egg.

I think those are the Garmadon outfits, the assets reused from the Ninjago DVD “making of” special with fake actors and costumes etc 

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

I think those are the Garmadon outfits, the assets reused from the Ninjago DVD “making of” special with fake actors and costumes etc 

But Garmadon has red eyes, these costumes had purple eyes.