Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This season will have 2 40 minute episodes and 2 regular episodes around 24 minutes each. 

Incorrect. Tommy Andreasen clarified on twitter that the 4 episodes have a combined runtime of 88 minutes, which makes each one the usual 22 mins. He has also said that he doesn't consider this special event a season. 

As for the rest of next years content, to make it to six hours, there must have to be at least 13 more episodes. I think that the most likely scenario is that the next season will be longer than the usual ten episodes.

Tommy Andreason clarified on Twitter that the 4 episode special event accounts for 88 minutes of the 6+ hours of Nnjago content promised for 2019. Thus one can assume that each episode is the usual 22 minute length. That leaves at least 272 minutes of unaccounted, which comes to a little over the length of a season containing 13 22-minute episodes (if my math is correct). I for one would be pleased to see a return to the 13 episode format, especially for, what I can assume is the season dealing with the Oni

*edit* whoops, didn’t see the latest post :look:

Edited by Tobias_Jay

3 hours ago, JasonEffex said:

Incorrect. Tommy Andreasen clarified on twitter that the 4 episodes have a combined runtime of 88 minutes, which makes each one the usual 22 mins. He has also said that he doesn't consider this special event a season. 

As for the rest of next years content, to make it to six hours, there must have to be at least 13 more episodes. I think that the most likely scenario is that the next season will be longer than the usual ten episodes.

I just saw that tweet. Sorry for the confusion I saw that it was posted some where the episodes would have special air times before tom clarified it 

Perhaps the special is tied to the time travel/remake sets rumor, and later in the year there will be a season with the Oni.

Tommy tweeted saying that the 4 episode special event is connected to the Sons of Garmadon/Hunted storyline, telling us to consider the episodes ‘the conclusion of a 24 episode arc’. So maybe the special event will deal with the Oni and whatever’s next, be it season or special, will be something entirely new.

Edited by Tobias_Jay

On 7/24/2018 at 7:55 PM, Tobias_Jay said:

Tommy tweeted saying that the 4 episode special event is connected to the Sons of Garmadon/Hunted storyline, telling us to consider the episodes ‘the conclusion of a 24 episode arc’. So maybe the special event will deal with the Oni and whatever’s next, be it season or special, will be something entirely new.

Darn, only four episodes for this big end-all threat, PLUS having to allot screentime for Jay and Nya’s wedding as well? I really hope this won’t be as rushed as it sounds.

I'm wondering how lax the Oni threat is if they're just hanging out in the Monastery during the final episode of the special.

Theory time.

What if the Oni pertain to the next story arc, and don't apply to the four episode mini-series?

Because who said that was the case? I mean, Tommy did say these last four episodes would round out the story arc, but nothing was said regarding the Oni. Inferring that the Oni are the bad guys for these four episodes makes sense, but there's no facts to back it.

Just now, Penkid11 said:

Theory time.

What if the Oni pertain to the next story arc, and don't apply to the four episode mini-series?

Because who said that was the case? I mean, Tommy did say these last four episodes would round out the story arc, but nothing was said regarding the Oni. Inferring that the Oni are the bad guys for these four episodes makes sense, but there's no facts to back it.

Yeah, that's what I think will happen. There'll be a resurgence of the Skulkin for Winter, and Oni in Summer.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

There'll be a resurgence of the Skulkin for Winter, and Oni in Summer.

That's not what I said. LOL

I mean, that would be cool.

17 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Theory time.

But what story arc would it be concluding from these last two seasons then? 

Could someone please summarize what Ninjago stuff is upcoming on TV? I think I saw somewhere the next season debuts in USA 8/11. When is the TV special? I don't want to miss any Ninjago because I don't think they air re-runs.

I believe that is the start of the "Hunted" Season, which has already aired in other Countries, it is a continuation of the last season and is rumored to possibly have a four episode special to finish off the Arc.

6 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Could someone please summarize what Ninjago stuff is upcoming on TV? I think I saw somewhere the next season debuts in USA 8/11. When is the TV special? I don't want to miss any Ninjago because I don't think they air re-runs.

Four episode special airs in early 2019.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:45 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

Ninjago: Hunted is set to be released on August 11th, so I do believe you're referencing that season. The season has finished airing in several countries so we do know what happens. In essence:

Spoiler

Story line of previous season, Sons of Garmadon, is continued - Cole, Kai, Jay, Zane and (young) Wu are stranded in the First realm, being chased by Dragon Hunters and looking for the legendary Dragon Armor. Meanwhile, Lloyd and Nya, with the help of Dareth, Elemental Masters and Mistaké, are trying to free Ninjago City from Garmadon.

If you're interested in more detailed summaries, you can find them either on the wiki, or https://bricksamurai.com/ (up to episode 90 for now)

We've also learned a lot about the future of Ninjago from this year's SDCC:

https://bricksamurai.com/ninjago-at-sdcc/

The bits that interest you are:

• In 2019 Ninjago will get additional 6+ hours of content. This includes a four-part special and, most likely, an entire season.
  • There will be four special episodes, for a total of 100 episodes. This count includes the two pilots, but, for some reason, excludes Day of the Departed.
  • You can see a sneak peek of 100th episode here.

So, apparently yit's been confirmed that there was a draft of S.O.G. where Mr. E was revealed to actually be Echo Zane. 

They just scrapped it because Zone doesn't remember the events of Skybound (and even if he did, never met his Echo self) and therefore has no idea who Echo Zane is. And it would have taken too long to catch Zane up with (and remind the viewers of) those events.

It's bit of a shame, but I guess it's better than;

E: *pulls off helmet*

Zane: "You're . . . um . . who are you?"

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, apparently yit's been confirmed that there was a draft of S.O.G. where Mr. E was revealed to actually be Echo Zane. 

They just scrapped it because Zone doesn't remember the events of Skybound (and even if he did, never met his Echo self) and therefore has no idea who Echo Zane is. And it would have taken too long to catch Zane up with (and remind the viewers of) those events.

It's bit of a shame, but I guess it's better than;

E: *pulls off helmet*

Zane: "You're . . . um . . who are you?"

I’m not sure how minifigures development works in tandem with show development, but could this be a case of Lego wanting to put a mystery minifigures in sets to hype up getting him in physical form and the writers just deciding to not really do anything about him? Seems like a really strange scenario to me; he was clearly supposed to be someone important with a secret identity who was just randomly scrapped last minute...

It feels like Season 8 played with a few ‘mystery’ characters in order to give us options when debating who the ‘Quiet One’ was. We had this build up of Mr. E at the start as some mystery rider, giving viewers the impression that maybe he was behind it all. But we also had Hutchins being made out to be quite suspicious, even the Emporer and Empress gave very little reason for us to trust them. It seems like the Hagemans wanted to create as much mystery as they could into the first half of this season so as to throw us off the scent that Harumi was the culprit. So even though the mystery of Mr. E amounted to very little, maybe it was included just to throw us off the trail of the real mystery of the season? Just a thought

2 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Does that mean it was still Echo Zane or is he still alive?

I say we assume it was Echo Zane until proven otherwise. (As in, with Echo Zane appearing again in the series in a different role.)

Quote from Meso, If they just had Harumi say she built Mr.E when he was sent out to track the ninja. There wouldn't need be any more discussion on who he is.

Don't know why they chose him to be Echo Zane originally. Could have easily just been a Nindroid they hijacked and upgraded.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I say we assume it was Echo Zane until proven otherwise. (As in, with Echo Zane appearing again in the series in a different role.)

I mean, you can assume that, or you can look at what he said a bit more closely..

"If we kept Mr. E as Echo Zane"

"If". If they had. They scrapped the storyline, so he isn't. Echo Zane is Echo Zane, Mr. E is dead. Completely separate.