Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Spoiler

My theory on Iron Baron being an Oni was false. He was just power hungry. But now he's dead. Or at least perma trapped in cooled magma

The golden armor was literally a red herring

Another Oni mask is broken

I can't wait to see the finale episode tomorrow.

Edited by Takanuinuva

The finale is gonna be so cool.

Spoiler

We were right about the Golden Dragon Armour being powerless, and wrong about Iron Baron being an Oni. (Shame, I really liked that theory. 

I bet the finale will be Garmadon vs. Wu . . I'm also thinking that, right as Garmadon is defeated by Wu and Firstborne, something's gonna happen that will set up for next season. Maybe travelling back to Ninjago with Firstborne's power opened a fissure into the Departed Realm, through which the darkness can escape into Ninjago?

I'm sure the Oni Titan will be destroyed. (Also, the city destruction was super cool!) 

Wait, what do you mean, 'another'? If memory serves, Killow still had the Mask of Deception, and . . . I guess Lloyd and Nya just threw out the Mask of Vengeance? The Mask of Hatred was the first to be destroyed . .  or am I mis-remembering?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The finale is gonna be so cool.

Hide contents

Wait, what do you mean, 'another'? If memory serves, Killow still had the Mask of Deception, and . . . I guess Lloyd and Nya just threw out the Mask of Vengeance? The Mask of Hatred was the first to be destroyed . .  or am I mis-remembering?

Spoiler

The Mask of Deception was destroyed, only the red one is left.

Spoiler

Honestly this final episode felt a bit weak.

Garmadon being fueled by fighting. That felt like a weak way to beat him. I guess it hearkens back to his lesson of fight without fighting from rebooted. But I would have preferred Lloyd using the Dragon Sword to absorb the oni power and tire Garmadon out.

Wu is back to his old self (Literally) 

Unless Harumi appears next season. She is dead.

I wonder who Mr. E was supposed to be.

The Red Oni Mask is still out there. Probably won't have any future use. But who knows.

Season finale is out!

Honestly a tad underwhelming as far as finales go, but unfortunately that’s usually the case with Ninjago season finales - I can’t really think of any that have really lived up to the rest of the season. Maybe Possession’s, but that one was a two parter. 

I read some comments about people being disappointed Garmadon’s going to jail - I’m just excited for the moment when they get overwhelmed by Oni next season and have to go to Garmadon for help.

And I honestly prefer Wu as his young self, having him just back as the old master is unfortunate but at least he had a lot of things to do this season and had a ton of character development - his arc was probably one of my favorites in the season.

What I’m really looking forward to is for Hunted to air in the US and for Tommy A and the Hagenmans to, in his words, “come clean” about their original intent for Mr. E. To me it’s very clear they had a strong idea as to who he was, but it was just dropped this season for some reason.

I just realized - so who were the dragon hunters? How did they get to the first realm? 

Edited by legozebra

I liked this finale, I daresay a lot of us are being overly pessimistic. This season was the best so far in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I liked this finale, I daresay a lot of us are being overly pessimistic. This season was the best so far in my humble opinion.

I completely agree.

Spoiler

To be honest, after Faith taught them to use dragon hunting chains, I expected there to come some moment of realisation: 'chains are not the way to control dragons, trust is'. But that would have been cliche. Using the chains to take down the Oni Titan instead? That was brilliant subversion. I approve!

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:
  Hide contents

Honestly this final episode felt a bit weak.

Garmadon being fueled by fighting. That felt like a weak way to beat him. I guess it hearkens back to his lesson of fight without fighting from rebooted. But I would have preferred Lloyd using the Dragon Sword to absorb the oni power and tire Garmadon out.

Wu is back to his old self (Literally) 

Unless Harumi appears next season. She is dead.

I wonder who Mr. E was supposed to be.

The Red Oni Mask is still out there. Probably won't have any future use. But who knows.

Spoiler

Yeah? Lloyd did use the Dragon Sword to absorb his power. But if he'd used it for the entire fight, it would have undone the idea that the Dragon Armour is actually powerless. Beating him on his own terms, with his own abilities - and using the lessons that Garmadon himself taught him - was much better in terms of plot and development. Maybe it wasn't very flashy, but I think it was brilliant. 

I am happy to see Master Wu is back. Along with Lloyd's powers. And I think Harumi is dead. Which means she's in the Departed Realm, encountering the darkness that Garmadon saw. She'll be back.

I'll admit, I was hoping for a bit more of a cliffhanger than 'some unknown enemy is coming sooner or later' . . but I guess, after all this, the ninja deserve some peace and quiet. After all, there's always next year. 

Honestly, the one thing that disappoints me is that there was never any mention of 'Master Wu's True Potential'. It's a shame, I'd have liked to see that. 

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Honestly, the one thing that disappoints me is that there was never any mention of 'Master Wu's True Potential'. It's a shame, I'd have liked to see that. 

Perhaps we'll see that in the next season.

Spoiler

Also going to have to go against the status quo and say that finale was on the whole very satisfying. Everything came together nicely. Seeing everyone reunite after nine episodes played with my emotions, especially the Zane and P.I.X.A.L scenes. Seeing Dareth accidentally save Gayle Gossip’s life was very funny indeed. While I was hoping his ‘power’ would return in that scene, I’m glad it played out the way it did. 

I especially found the final battle with Garmadon to be very enjoyable, though I would have liked to have seen more involvement from Wu. Lloyd using tactics Garmadon himself taught him in Rebooted was a great way to cement the fact that Lloyd hasn’t given up on his father yet. I have a feeling Garmadon will find a new way to gain his power (a way that doesn’t involve fighting his own son). 

The episode, however perpetuated something I’ve disliked on the whole about the season and that was Nya’s role. It felt as though she had been relegated back to her role before season 5, being the tech wiz and muscle only when needed. She played such a small role in the final battle too, though granted, without a dragon there wasn’t much she could really do. I don’t know, I’m happy to be challenged on this, but I don’t think Nya got a very fair go this season.

To mirror Harumi’s words from earlier on in the season, I had no idea how Hunted was going to end. I’m glad the Oni plot is continuing into season 10 (or whatever it is that’s coming next). There was so much put forward that they couldn’t possibly wrap it all up in the one season. I am appreciating the new direction Ninjago is taking, having an overarching plot lasting at more than one season, as opposed to a new villain faction popping up mostly out of nowhere every ten episodes. Also, here’s hoping Garmadon stays alive for a while. 

I did not even notice that episode 94 is the final episode. Not sure what I was expecting to happen tbh... but when it ended, I said to myself... "What? That's it?!?"

Just now, makoy said:

I did not even notice that episode 94 is the final episode. Not sure what I was expecting to happen tbh... but when it ended, I said to myself... "What? That's it?!?"

No it isn't! The Oni are coming next year. 

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

No it isn't! The Oni are coming next year. 

I know there will be next season... but the season is over. :look:

So apparently the clip of the 100th episode that was shown at comic con is staying exclusive getting tom Anderson 600 likes might have meant nothing now... also apparently there is 4 episodes to next season with 2 being 40 minutes in length 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

So apparently the clip of the 100th episode that was shown at comic con is staying exclusive getting tom Anderson 600 likes might have meant nothing now... also apparently there is 4 episodes to next season with 2 being 40 minutes in length 

What was the whole 6 hours thing? Does that mean an actual season besides the 4 episode special?

Also, it really bugs me how they’ve retroactively messed up every episode numbering by including the pilots in their 100th episode count, but I’m guessing they didn’t have time for a 6 episode special what with an actual season up ahead. Still, if episode 98 is actually episode 100, and every previous Ninjago episode numbering has just been messed up, that’s really annoying.

Yea the whole argument of is the Pilot season 1 or not is now even more confusing.

Personally I consider the Pilot as season 1.

Looking at the preview clip kai and jay's outfits look like the pilot outfits, I mean they're obviously unfinished but the colours fit.

I know the sneak peek is still unfinished animation but I have questions.

Spoiler

Are the Ninja living back at the old monastery again? What happened to the Airjitzu temple? And speaking of Yang, what happened to Master Yang?

29 minutes ago, Ghost Onyx said:

I know the sneak peek is still unfinished animation but I have questions.

Hide contents

Are the Ninja living back at the old monastery again? What happened to the Airjitzu temple? And speaking of Yang, what happened to Master Yang?

The Temple was destroyed by the Vermillion, remember? I guess Master Yang is still stuck in the ruins. 

I suppose the monastery was rebuilt in honour of the First Spinjitzu Master. I mean, they did just save all of Ninjago from Lord Garmadon. I suppose rebuilding Wu's childhood home is a gesture of goodwill. 

At the comic con panel, they posted a thing that there would be 6 plus hours of ninjago in 2019. This season will have 2 40 minute episodes and 2 regular episodes around 24 minutes each. That’s a little over 2 hours right there. That still leaves 4 hours unaccounted for. A normal 24 minute 10 episode season comes out to about 4 hours of ninjago. So yeah I think it’s safe to say that 4 episode special isn’t the end of ninjago 

Okay, I see where this is going, the first half of Ninjago is gonna be some kind of legacy special featuring older stuff like Skulkin and Serpentine. Summer 2019 is Oni time. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Temple was destroyed by the Vermillion, remember? I guess Master Yang is still stuck in the ruins. 

I suppose the monastery was rebuilt in honour of the First Spinjitzu Master. I mean, they did just save all of Ninjago from Lord Garmadon. I suppose rebuilding Wu's childhood home is a gesture of goodwill. 

I think you're remembering wrong.. the Vermillion didn't touch the temple, the fight was on the outside. The Temple was fine.

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, I see where this is going, the first half of Ninjago is gonna be some kind of legacy special featuring older stuff like Skulkin and Serpentine. Summer 2019 is Oni time. 

And that apparently won't be a full season then..