Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Taking the show discussion out of the set topic, what do you guys think the possible 2011-2012 remake sets will mean for the show? Time travel season? Time Twins returning? Updated remake of those season?

If the rumors are true, I see a few ways this could go.

1.) They release a special recapping the early seasons (starting with the Pilot and Season 1) called something like Ninjago: Origins, which runs alongside the currently story (we know the Oni/Dragon/Garmadon storyline is continuing past season 9 according to TA so Season 10 has got to happen soon). I could see this as a way to combat how convuluted Bionicle got in its early years and also a way for writers to explain/retcon some plot holes from the previous seasons. The release for this could be done similarly to Harry Potter, with the pilot and S1 for winter 2019, S2 and 3 for summer 2019, etc.

2.) The sets and locales are relevant again somehow to the story (I.e. the ninja find some reason to return to the Fire Temple despite its destruction and the Skulkin and Serpentine return again)

3.) (ugh) Time travel, which has never been handled well in Ninjago but hopefully will be done better on their third try.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

If the rumors are true, I see a few ways this could go.

1.) They release a special recapping the early seasons (starting with the Pilot and Season 1) called something like Ninjago: Origins, which runs alongside the currently story (we know the Oni/Dragon/Garmadon storyline is continuing past season 9 according to TA so Season 10 has got to happen soon). I could see this as a way to combat how convuluted Bionicle got in its early years and also a way for writers to explain/retcon some plot holes from the previous seasons. The release for this could be done similarly to Harry Potter, with the pilot and S1 for winter 2019, S2 and 3 for summer 2019, etc.

2.) The sets and locales are relevant again somehow to the story (I.e. the ninja find some reason to return to the Fire Temple despite its destruction and the Skulkin and Serpentine return again)

3.) (ugh) Time travel, which has never been handled well in Ninjago but hopefully will be done better on their third try.

I'm rooting for number 1. But I could live with 2 and 3. 

Time travel would be alright . . sure, the occasion way back in Final Battle wasn't perfect, but they handled it okay in Hands of Time. And we were promised that we'd find out what happened to Krux and Acronix. It still hasn't been explained how Wu came to be in the hands of the SOG, wrapped up in the map to the third Oni Mask. 

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

(we know the Oni/Dragon/Garmadon storyline is continuing past season 9 according to TA

Hold up, he said that in an interview or something?

5 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Hold up, he said that in an interview or something?

I don’t recall if it was in an interview with Brent Miller or on Twitter, but he hinted strongly at a continuation (I believe it was something along the lines of “maybe the story of the Oni, Dragon, and Garmadon isn’t done past season 9... we will see”)

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm rooting for number 1. But I could live with 2 and 3. 

Time travel would be alright . . sure, the occasion way back in Final Battle wasn't perfect, but they handled it okay in Hands of Time. And we were promised that we'd find out what happened to Krux and Acronix. It still hasn't been explained how Wu came to be in the hands of the SOG, wrapped up in the map to the third Oni Mask. 

I also want number 1 to happen badly, even besides the potential for remade sets in a new style there’s the possibility of getting minifigures, locales, and playsets we missed out on the first time around, of which there are countless (Chen’s Arena with the remaining non-minifigure EMs, Borg Tower, Overlord Dragon, the Stone Army vehicles, Snake Bus/Train, Serpentine Wars/Jamanakai Village set with ancient EMs, the list goes on).

Edited by legozebra

On 7/8/2018 at 5:34 PM, legozebra said:

I don’t recall if it was in an interview with Brent Miller or on Twitter, but he hinted strongly at a continuation (I believe it was something along the lines of “maybe the story of the Oni, Dragon, and Garmadon isn’t done past season 9... we will see”)

I also want number 1 to happen badly, even besides the potential for remade sets in a new style there’s the possibility of getting minifigures, locales, and playsets we missed out on the first time around, of which there are countless (Chen’s Arena with the remaining non-minifigure EMs, Borg Tower, Overlord Dragon, the Stone Army vehicles, Snake Bus/Train, Serpentine Wars/Jamanakai Village set with ancient EMs, the list goes on).

To be fair there actually was a planned Snake Train set. It just got canned, 

But YES, I desperately want a version of the Overlord in his true, draconian form. If TLG finally did that I would love them forever (right after I finish cursing them for not making it in the first place!!!).

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

To be fair there actually was a planned Snake Train set. It just got canned, 

But YES, I desperately want a version of the Overlord in his true, draconian form. If TLG finally did that I would love them forever (right after I finish cursing them for not making it in the first place!!!).

I think that wasn’t a planned set; it was widely believed in the community to be a cancelled set but a few years back some designer somewhere said it was just them playing around with the Horizon Express and was never meant to be an actual set.

But yes, I NEED a dragon Overlord set.

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I can't view or download the video from that link.

That would be because Google Drive videos have a viewing limit, which has, unsurprisingly, been exceeded.

It is on YouTube...

5 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

That would be because Google Drive videos have a viewing limit, which has, unsurprisingly, been exceeded.

It is on YouTube...

Ah, a piracy prevention tactic

Yea I was able to watch it today.

Spoiler

I like the How to train you dragon homage with the title and the part with Kai

Also I wonder if Mistake is just trolling Dareth or if he does have a brown power now. 

I'm expecting the next episode to involve the throne room set in some way. Lloyd being captured and Nya, Pixal and Skylor going to rescue him.

Wow! This season keeps blowing me away with each episode....and the score...dang! 

Does anyone know who to properly work the spoiler tag? It’s nkt working for me...

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
Tags not working

The next episode is out with quite the interesting twist... it’s really picking up from here and I’m looking forward to see how it all pans out.

Man whoever is airing these really wanted to get them out.

This was a great episode both action and exposition wise.

Spoiler

Unless she used a tea. Mistake is definitely an Oni

And FirstBorne is most likely the mother of the First Spinjitsu Master. Now the question is. Who's the Oni father?

Spoiler

Apart from one major gripe this season has been good so far but for them to say that the ninja are teenagers makes no sense to me, I know the writers said they were teens before but they should be aging, I hope this isn't due to the movie.

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Hide contents

Apart from one major gripe this season has been good so far but for them to say that the ninja are teenagers makes no sense to me, I know the writers said they were teens before but they should be aging, I hope this isn't due to the movie.

To be fair, we've never been given a definite age for the ninja . . . or been told how much time passes between seasons. We know it was a year between Hands of Time and SOG, and Hunted picks up directly after SOG. And that there was a time skip of at least a couple of months between Final Battle and Rebooted, and Rebooted and Tournament of Elements. Honestly, I could easily my see the ninja as having been sixteen or seventeen at the beginning, with the Skulkin and Serpentine and Stone Army. Maybe Cole being a year older than Kai and Jay, Nya a year younger, whereas Zane's kind of ageless and Lloyd's all messed up because of the Tomorrow's Tea. I could see then being about nineteen (Cole being twenty) at Hunted. (Which would also work with the 'mature teenagers' line. Also, props to the show for calling out the 'longer legs' thing! XD

Spoiler

Everything has been awesome thus far. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best Ninjago's ever been. So wha got we previously thought was a Creation Dragon is actually a Wind Dragon, who seems to be friends with Kai now? It's a shame Morro's not around anymore, he'd have loved that. 

And Firstborne isn't just a fire dragon, but a dragon that can channel every element? That is so cool . . . also, this is starting to make sense. Firstborne has every elemental power, which she passed on to the First Spinjitzu Master. Who combined every element to use the Tornado of Creation and create Ninjago. He then passed on the other elements to his disciples, the Elemental Masters - which we've seen Lloyd can also do. But he kept the two most powerful, Creation and Destruction, for himself, and passed them to his children. 

Also, speaking of combining powers, Skylor combined Light and Shadow to create that illusion . . which was hilarious.

Garmadon: {looks directly at Lloyd} I sense he's close . . .

I feel like this promises big things for Skylor. XD

Lastly, I didn't expect one of the Dragon Hunters to turn on the Iron Baron. Heavy Metal, or 'Faith' . . this is interesting. I wonder how it'll go down? Is Wu just making it up? Or does he actually have some ability to sense where the Golden Armour is?

Also, confirmation that Mystake is an Oni! Glad they aren't beating around the bush . . I wonder if we'll see more Oni?

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Hide contents

They're teenagers now because they've always been teenagers, in the show. Besides, upper-end teenagers isn't that bad, they could be like 18-19 now, 15-16 in the beginning. It is annoyingly limiting for establishing a time-frame for the show's events though. But even if they were in their 20s, if their intent is for Ninjago to go for as long as possible, then there's the question of how old they get before it freezes. Which is why they don't give them actual ages beyond teens, it's to keep it vague.

12 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Man whoever is airing these really wanted to get them out.

This was a great episode both action and exposition wise.

Hide contents

Unless she used a tea. Mistake is definitely an Oni

And FirstBorne is most likely the mother of the First Spinjitsu Master. Now the question is. Who's the Oni father?

Crazy fan theory;

Spoiler

Assuming Mistake is an Oni, what if she/he is the Oni that impregnated the Firstbourne? It’s crazy, I know. They’ll probably keep it at Mistake being one of the Oni that went to Ninjago in search of the First Spinjitzu Master. She mentioned making a great deal of mistakes, thus earning her name, so whatever her backstory is, there’s something significant there.

On the age thing, it’s a cartoon. They have and always will be ‘teenagers’. Props to the Hagemans for giving an indication of what they are aged in the timeline now, because heaven knows how many fans have asked them about the subject. But I wouldn’t read that as any sign that we’ll learn anything more than that. And they’ll probably stay that way however long the show goes. Look at the Simpsons; the main cast hasn’t aged at all in the however many years it has been on air. 

I’d say that adds to the fun of it, now we can have our own interpretations of how old they are and the canon won’t contradict it (within reason obviously, the show’s done enough to prove they aren’t 30 year olds!).

Edited by Tobias_Jay

53 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Crazy fan theory;

Hide contents

Assuming Mistake is an Oni, what if she/he is the Oni that impregnated the Firstbourne? It’s crazy, I know. They’ll probably keep it at Mistake being one of the Oni that went to Ninjago in search of the First Spinjitzu Master. She mentioned making a great deal of mistakes, thus earning her name, so whatever her backstory is, there’s something significant there.

On the age thing, it’s a cartoon. They have and always will be ‘teenagers’. Props to the Hagemans for giving an indication of what they are aged in the timeline now, because heaven knows how many fans have asked them about the subject. But I wouldn’t read that as any sign that we’ll learn anything more than that. And they’ll probably stay that way however long the show goes. Look at the Simpsons; the main cast hasn’t aged at all in the however many years it has been on air. 

I’d say that adds to the fun of it, now we can have our own interpretations of how old they are and the canon won’t contradict it (within reason obviously, the show’s done enough to prove they aren’t 30 year olds!).

As much as I'd love that, and it does make sense that Oni, as shapeshifters, would be capable of switching genders at will, I doubt they'd put it on a children's show. For PG-13 reasons. 

Though there would be something beautiful about a male Oni hiding by pretending to be a woman for years . . .

I might use that in a story sometime, actually . . .

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

As much as I'd love that, and it does make sense that Oni, as shapeshifters, would be capable of switching genders at will, I doubt they'd put it on a children's show. For PG-13 reasons. 

Though there would be something beautiful about a male Oni hiding by pretending to be a woman for years . . .

I might use that in a story sometime, actually . . .

I don't think the Firstbourne is necessarily the mother of the FSM. All that's said is that he bonded with her because he was part-dragon.

Loved episode 90, although it would be nice if more than literally one of the vehicles featured in the speeder chase was actually a set, so kids could reenact the chase from the show - seems like a missed opportunity to me. Loved the design of the Oni Stronghold and the design similarities to the Oni masks. Looking forward to see

Mystake’s true Oni form!

Sons of Garmadon and Hunted have to be my favorite seasons of Ninjago. Everything up to Episode 90 so far has been a blast. Can't wait for the rest.

Edited by Ordinareo

These episodes keep getting better and better

Also my own theory

Spoiler

Iron Baron is an Oni. Maybe even the last Oni in the realm if it's to be believed the Oni left the first realm

A bit ironic that the season will probably end before the sets even come out in most areas.

Edited by Takanuinuva