Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

49 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

Wasn't Season 9 supposed to start airing in Australia around the end of June? Or is my memory totally off on that?

I think it airs on Fridays. So maybe the 29th?

On 6/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I think it airs on Fridays. So maybe the 29th?

Season 8 was Fridays, yes, and they popped up on YouTube around 5 pm PST.

No Aussies around to verify when it starts there? :)

2 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

Season 8 was Fridays, yes, and they popped up on YouTube around 5 pm PST.

No Aussies around to verify when it starts there? :)

I'm an Aussie. But I watched it on YouTube too. So I'm in the same boat. :P

On 6/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, bricksnator said:

Wasn't Season 9 supposed to start airing in Australia around the end of June? Or is my memory totally off on that?

I for some reason had the date June 20 in my head but I guess that was false info as it’s been several days and we haven’t seen it... but in Australia it’s already the 30th so I guess not today...

Edited by legozebra

32 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I for some reason had the date June 20 in my head but I guess that was false info as it’s been several days and we haven’t seen it... but in Australia it’s already the 30th so I guess not today...

Not necessarily so. I distinctly remember Season 8 episodes showing up on YouTube in the US on Friday evenings. That's Saturday in Australia, so perhaps June 30th is the premiere date there.

PS -- multiple YouTube videos are claiming June 30th, so that's tonight in the U.S. They're could all be citing themselves though. We'll find out in 5 hours or so.

The end of June means the end of June. So yeah, it's tomorrow. We won't be getting it in the evenings though this time, instead of 10 am (in Australia) it's 5 pm. So.. gonna have to stay up to the very early morning if you want to catch the potato recordings, but better HD ones come out later on anyway.

Edited by GarmaFan

13 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

The end of June means the end of June. So yeah, it's tomorrow. We won't be getting it in the evenings though this time, instead of 10 am (in Australia) it's 5 pm. So.. gonna have to stay up to the very early morning if you want to catch the potato recordings, but better HD ones come out later on anyway.

Cool! I’m excited to see it in that case.

edit: it’s out!

https://youtu.be/5tlyNFiHsPA

Edited by legozebra

Without spoilers, episode 85 was one of the best season openers yet. So much emotion and characters were treated perfectly. It looks like they’ll balance the focus on two realms wonderfully if this episode is anything to go by.

What an interesting start to the season. And here I thought they were going to focus on one realm per episode. I'm glad they didn't as it won't have as many cliffhangers and still gives all the cast ample screen time.

Watched it a few times now and love the dynamic of Nya and Lloyd as well as more character moments for the original four ninja, although Jay got a tad bit grating by the end (he’s always wobbled across the fine line of funny and annoying, and his characterization here was a bit over the top but I get that’s how his character would respond to such a scenario so I guess that’s ok). I do wish they saved Lloyd and co’s discovery  their friends may be alive until much later or even until they returned, but I do understand you can’t have really depressed heroes all season long so I get it. Here’s hoping more elemental masters show up besides the four that did, but their entrance was awesome.

A surprising highlight here was Dareth, who was actually really funny.

(Also, what happened to Shade? He went from moody and standoffish in ToE to “hello, gorgeous” seemingly overnight)

The premiere was awesome. The stuff in the Oni/Dragon Realm was definitely the hghlight, but . .

Spoiler

well, okay, I thought that Nya and Lloyd knew about the Traveller's Tea all along, so when I watched it I thought that they were being overly depressed. But then the whole 'This is only half the Bounty' scene occurred and it hit me that they honestly thought their friends were dead, and it all started to make more sense. 

Also, OMG that adorable baby Lightning Dragon! And Stormbringer, too - I'm guessing that dragons aren't naturally that aggressive, but Stormbringer mistook Cole and Wu for Dragon Hunters threatening his child. I'm sure that once Kai, Jay and Zane break out, taking plenty of captured dragons with them, the dragons will realise the Ninja are friendly. 

Can't wait to see where this is going. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

I've watched the first episode and it has the vibe that a lot of chasing and hunting will happen. Well, the season is called Hunted after all.

Anyway, season 8 and season 9 transition is seamless because it picks up immediately after season 8. 

Loved the Pitch Black movie vibe or direct call out/homage toward the episode's end, in the First Realm dust haze.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, bricksnator said:

You're right - the first episode aired 30th June.

Episode 86 is out! Some thoughts:

So what was even the point to Mr. E? Was he just some robot? He is hyped up as a huge mystery last season, gets major focus last episode, then dies? I know Tommy Andreasen said in an interview that once the season is over, he and the Hagenmans can “come clean” about their original intentions for Mr. E, which sounded to me like they had much bigger plans that were scrapped. I’m hoping we get some sort of conclusion to Mr. E’s story, whether he gets rebuilt or we see some sort of flashback.

Overall, the episode wasn’t quite  good as the first one (the reintroductions of the Elemental Masters were especially clunky, given that Dareth, Misako, Nya, and Lloyd had already met them and should be quite familiar with them. I get it’s to introduce them to new viewers, but I feel it could have been handled way better.

The one really interesting thing is that the ninja were mistaken for Oni - perhaps the true enemies of the hunters are the Oni and once they realize the ninja aren’t actually Oni (probably by the end of the season), they could actually become allies. I’m curious to see how this all plays out...

35 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Episode 86 is out! Some thoughts:

Hide contents

So what was even the point to Mr. E? Was he just some robot? He is hyped up as a huge mystery last season, gets major focus last episode, then dies? I know Tommy Andreasen said in an interview that once the season is over, he and the Hagenmans can “come clean” about their original intentions for Mr. E, which sounded to me like they had much bigger plans that were scrapped. I’m hoping we get some sort of conclusion to Mr. E’s story, whether he gets rebuilt or we see some sort of flashback.

Overall, the episode wasn’t quite  good as the first one (the reintroductions of the Elemental Masters were especially clunky, given that Dareth, Misako, Nya, and Lloyd had already met them and should be quite familiar with them. I get it’s to introduce them to new viewers, but I feel it could have been handled way better.

The one really interesting thing is that the ninja were mistaken for Oni - perhaps the true enemies of the hunters are the Oni and once they realize the ninja aren’t actually Oni (probably by the end of the season), they could actually become allies. I’m curious to see how this all plays out...

Yeah . .

Spoiler

I doubt we've seen the last of Mr. E. I still think he's actually the Overlord, laying low. And even if not, it's totally possible that he gets rebuilt at some point. We have eight episodes to go, after all. 

And it's really interesting how the Hunters relate to Oni; my theory about them actually being Oni having been disproven, this raises a few questions; the Hunters obviously aren't human, so what are they? How did they get to the First Realm? They obviously aren't familiar with humans, either, so . . I really hope we get some answers.

And I'm pretty sure that the Iron Baron knows by the end of the episode that the Ninja aren't Oni, he saw Zane use his powers,  and clearly said that Oni don't have elemental powers. 

The highlight of the episode was definitely one of Cole's disguises actually working for once. "I'm Rocky Dangerbuff," "Oh, from the Dangerbuff clan out east?" Speaking of which, this little exchange yielded a key snippet of information; the hunters aren't all led by the Iron Baron. There are separate factions. Rival (but apparently friendly) clans. I wonder if this will come into play. 

And I really hope we get to see an actual Oni somewhere down the line. Although . . didn't the Iron Baron mention that Oni were shapeshifters? And Mystake's back' and acting stranger than ever . . . call me crazy, but I think Mystake might actually be an Oni in hiding. Can't wait for the next episode! I bet we'll see the Ninja escape the Hunters, probably with the Destiny's Wing!

11 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah . .

Hide contents

I doubt we've seen the last of Mr. E. I still think he's actually the Overlord, laying low. And even if not, it's totally possible that he gets rebuilt at some point. We have eight episodes to go, after all. 

And it's really interesting how the Hunters relate to Oni; my theory about them actually being Oni having been disproven, this raises a few questions; the Hunters obviously aren't human, so what are they? How did they get to the First Realm? They obviously aren't familiar with humans, either, so . . I really hope we get some answers.

And I'm pretty sure that the Iron Baron knows by the end of the episode that the Ninja aren't Oni, he saw Zane use his powers,  and clearly said that Oni don't have elemental powers. 

The highlight of the episode was definitely one of Cole's disguises actually working for once. "I'm Rocky Dangerbuff," "Oh, from the Dangerbuff clan out east?" Speaking of which, this little exchange yielded a key snippet of information; the hunters aren't all led by the Iron Baron. There are separate factions. Rival (but apparently friendly) clans. I wonder if this will come into play. 

And I really hope we get to see an actual Oni somewhere down the line. Although . . didn't the Iron Baron mention that Oni were shapeshifters? And Mystake's back' and acting stranger than ever . . . call me crazy, but I think Mystake might actually be an Oni in hiding. Can't wait for the next episode! I bet we'll see the Ninja escape the Hunters, probably with the Destiny's Wing!

I doubt Mr. E is the Overlord, as I don’t see a character that major acting as a pawn not only Harumi and Garmadon but also being ordered around by Killow as we saw last season. Still, Ninjago always surprises, so you never know.

Does Iron Baron know they aren’t Oni? I could’ve sworn he said they LEARNED elemental powers, which makes them even more dangerous as Oni with powers, but not that they aren’t Oni. I’ll have to rewatch it and listen closely to what he said though.

I do agree that Mystake is an Oni - I suspect the big reveal at the end of the season will be that the Oni left their realm and have been hiding in Ninjago this entire time, waiting to shapeshifter and reveal themselves. She said she made many mistakes in the past, so I’m guessing she’s an Oni who has decided to aid the ninja and renounce her past.

[\spoiler]

Spoiler

I had not even considered that Mistake was anything other than human, but her dialogue in the latest episode hints at something more. I am interested to see how the Oni play into it all. We haven’t seen any, yet the fact that they can shapeshift means we’ve probably already seen one and just dont know it. What if Dareth is an Oni? (Pah!) 

I also agree that we haven’t seen the last of Mr. E. I feel as though Harumi will put him back together. Harumi seemed particularly distraught at his destruction. Maybe she has a special connection with him? Could she have built him while she was locked in the palace? Or, the more likely reason, she is surprised by Garmadon’s failure to see mercy to those that serve him. Either way, that scene fostered something I will have to get used to, which is the possibility that Harumi may reform and realise that bringing Garmadon back wasn’t a good idea after all. I was getting used to Harumi being something different to Skylor, but I suppose her story is different enough. 

https://youtu.be/u4K7_ZCiQD4

well, huh. Wasn’t expecting these to come out so fast. Does anyone know the release schedule and why we already have episode 3? (Not that I’m complaining...)

Music was on point this episode - I think the soundtrack with the Wind Dragon and the hunters is one of my favorites now!

Edited by legozebra

All the elemental masters seen thus far in the series have physical forms, they even switched Neuro to match the bricktober style.

So far the only things we know about the Oni is that, their tall and skinny, have horns and can shapeshift, but can't use elemental powers.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

All the elemental masters seen thus far in the series have physical forms, they even switched Neuro to match the bricktober style.

Yeah, the ones without physical forms are conveniently missing in action (besides Ash, who I’m not sure why isn’t present)

Taking the show discussion out of the set topic, what do you guys think the possible 2011-2012 remake sets will mean for the show? Time travel season? Time Twins returning? Updated remake of those season?