Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Cool trailer, but Harumi sounds bland in her line of dialogue. Hopefully she's more expressive than that... Only negative for me

I like how Kai has a similar, if not the same, standard nindroid issued blade. Dark material with red markings on it (you can't see it well in this picture but there are red markings on the nindroid blade and in different lighting the sword looks darker). And the markings on the nindroid blade follow an extremely similar structure to Kai's (three characters inscribed at the bottom, they might have been the same characters too, if not for the new language). But the hilt for Kai's swords are different. Maybe Cyrus made an upgraded version of the previous blades and gave them to Kai? By the way, I mean just the blades, not the hilts, because those are different of course.

EDIT: didn't mean for the image to be this big, for something that isn't really that relevant. Sorry!

swords-min (1) (1).png

The red markings on Kai's blade says "Kai", so these were specifically made by someone with Kai in mind. And again, because of the similar design, this sword is probably made by Cyrus and is based off the previous nindroid blades

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, his dad is back and is also a master blacksmith. After S7 I thought it would be cool to see Ray make some new weapons for the team. 

Anyway, that trailer looked great! Was that the movie DB I saw? I wonder what the deal is with this whole Ninjago royal family is. I hope

Garmadon’s resurrection

is done for a better reason than movie brand synergy though. 

Nice catch! Hopefully we get new molds for these weapons - but I highly doubt it. I rewatched the trailer and noticed that Lloyd's weapon also has an inscription.

Also, Destiny's Bounty seems to have gone through a redesign. To me, it looks like a mix between the TV show and the Movie one.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:57 AM, Kopaka25 said:

Well, his dad is back and is also a master blacksmith. After S7 I thought it would be cool to see Ray make some new weapons for the team. 

Maybe their parents and Borg teamed up on these? Ray and Maya's specialty is metalworking/elemental infusion. But Cyrus's specialty is technology, a lot of which is seen on Kai's swords (not much is seen on the other ninja's weapons). Also not all the ninja's weapos came from the same place. In a non-canon story written by Ninjago's co-creator, he says Cole's new hammer is a gift from his father (which probably traces back to Cole's grandfather, who was an elemental master, because why would Lou just have a battle hammer). And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other ninja obtained their own weapons with little assistance either, like Zane and Jay.

Edited by gamejutzu

On 1/10/2018 at 1:04 AM, Dardanel said:

Ninjago Sons of Garmadon air date has been revealed:

https://bricksamurai.com/ninjago-sons-garmadon-air-date/

(January 20th, 2018 - for Australia)

Interesting. Wonder if it will be one  episode per week or a bunch at once, as both have been done in the past.

edit - it seems the second episode, “The Jade Princess,” is on Saturday the 27th, so I guess it’s one a week. I actually prefer it like this - it makes seasons feel longer and more fleshed out.

Edited by legozebra

https://youtu.be/vZ3naFE_vdM

https://youtu.be/NY-l4CppPKA

https://youtu.be/3oaZtHKzyRI

3 new trailers have been released by Lego. One of them deals with the plot of the season, the other is about the royal family and how Lloyd gets a love interest and finally one about the sons of garmadon themselves 

Edited by Falconfan1414

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

https://youtu.be/vZ3naFE_vdM

https://youtu.be/NY-l4CppPKA

https://youtu.be/3oaZtHKzyRI

3 new trailers have been released by Lego. One of them deals with the plot of the season, the other is about the royal family and how Lloyd gets a love interest and finally one about the sons of garmadon themselves 

Interesting! Thanks for posting. Harumi sounds a lot better than she did in the original trailer, and that shot of her and Lloyd by the docks was really nice. What really intrigued me, though, is the Sensei-Wu-esque storytelling flashback sequence that shows a figure vanishing into smoke, to the surprise of a dragon and a clawed man. The “First Realm” was mentioned here - looks like they’re laying down the plot for season ten, which is really exciting!

Edited by legozebra

We got another filler esc series of episodes. It appear to just reuse animation from Hands of Time but its a neat mini story to recap the series as a whole for new fans

Alright, the Episode 75 has started to show up on Youtube and I found a pretty high quality copy. I've just watched through it and here are my thoughts.

Spoiler

I'm glad they gave a good amount of explanation for us never seeing the royal family prior to this date. It's nice to also see Lloyd's voice change acknowledged.
However, all in all the second half of the episode seemed a little rushed to me. I feel like they spent so much time on the opening chase (which is superb) that the rest of the episode got kind of pushed to the side. I also was kind of annoyed with the rundown of the ninja's character traits and such, but I suppose it's not to bad.
Other random thoughts: I wonder when Misako will show back up and if she took the Destiny's Bounty with her, and that's why we don't see it yet. It's nice to see that Kai's hair isn't quite as nuts as the movie variant, although it looks sort of strange compressed (although, his original hair always looked a little strange.)

Annnnnd that's about it. A good episode in all I'd say.

Edited by Undershadow
Formatting

Just saw the episode and liked it. While I’m pretty sure we’ve all seen the first half already, the presence of new music in the chase scene from the comic con preview was really great. The second half, without going too much into spoilers, really intrigued me - the mystery behind Hutchin’s true agenda is pretty interesting, and I agree that the rundown of the ninja’s personalities was necessary for new viewers, but weaved in organically. At least it got a chuckle out of me when they did the whole Nya being the girl bit. Looking forward to the next episode!

You know this new season has me thinking.

Jay has Nya

Zane has Pixal

Kai has Skylor 

And now Lloyd has Harumi

Will Cole ever get a love interest?

Also Did Tommy ever say Nadakhan will return? He's the only Ninjago Villain who isn't either reformed dead or trapped in another realm.

Rewatched the episode and there were some odd quirks about the humor that I feel could have been toned down a tad - sure, the monks breaking their vows once got a little chuckle, but then it happened again and again and again - same for Kai insisting he found a secret passage and pulling out books. It got a laugh once, then it just kept going on - I feel like the humor needs a little work. It was otherwise a solid episode, though, and I’m looking forward to next week!

Spoiler

That was a pretty cool episode. I liked how the Mailman broke the fourth wall by saying see you next season. 
And the activation of the destiny's bounty was really neat to see.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:31 AM, Takanuinuva said:

You know this new season has me thinking.

Jay has Nya

Zane has Pixal

Kai has Skylor 

And now Lloyd has Harumi

Will Cole ever get a love interest?

Also Did Tommy ever say Nadakhan will return? He's the only Ninjago Villain who isn't either reformed dead or trapped in another realm.

I don't know, but the last we saw, Nadakhan is trapped in a teapot buried under junk.

On 21/01/2018 at 9:31 AM, Takanuinuva said:

I believe Tommy said not to rule out the possibility but there’s no plans to bring him back anytime soon. It would be great to see him again. 

On episode 76: 

Spoiler

Was it just me crying during Cole's flashback? Such a touching look back into Cole's character and why he is so desperate to find Wu. I am loving the development of Cole we’ve seen the last couple seasons. 

In terms of the rest of the episode, it’s so easy to love. I’m grateful that we’re seeing some proper development on Lloyd, including a genuine love interest. I’m loving knowing so little about where the story is going this season, I feel I’ve been robbed of that with past seasons due to spoilers. It’s giving rise to a lot of my crazy fan theories, because any one of them could be right at this point. Im looking forward to next week, especially seeing how Rumi fits in with the other ninja. She seems like a great character, but I’m wondering if there’s more to her than what is obvious...

Some thoughts on Episode 76:

I love this season so far! Some great moments, characters, and plot. I liked Hutchins and I doubt we’ve seen the last of him. 

The series seems to be dealing a lot with loss, considering Wu, Rumi’s parents, Cole’s mother, and Garmadon. I like this, and I hope we see more character development because of it. 

I thought the flashback was very heartwarming, and I’m very happy they kept the original design for Cole in the past. It makes the change feel more organic. 

So Samurai X’s identity is still unknown, but Pixal is accounted for. I wonder how she’s been fooling the ninja for so long, considering we know it’s her. 

Finally, I miss the Weekend Whip intro. I want them to bring it back, it doesn’t feel the same without it.

Edited by Rolyat24

On 1/29/2018 at 10:26 PM, Rolyat24 said:

Some thoughts on Episode 76:

Reveal hidden contents

I love this season so far! Some great moments, characters, and plot. I liked Hutchins and I doubt we’ve seen the last of him. 

The series seems to be dealing a lot with loss, considering Wu, Rumi’s parents, Cole’s mother, and Garmadon. I like this, and I hope we see more character development because of it. 

I thought the flashback was very heartwarming, and I’m very happy they kept the original design for Cole in the past. It makes the change feel more organic. 

So Samurai X’s identity is still unknown, but Pixal is accounted for. I wonder how she’s been fooling the ninja for so long, considering we know it’s her. 

Finally, I miss the Weekend Whip intro. I want them to bring it back, it doesn’t feel the same without it.

Regarding the Weekend Whip intro - Tommy Andreasen mentioned the more somber/dark intro will make sense by episode 5, where a fun pop song wouldn’t fit the dark story. I’m hoping the payoff to this will be sweet...

Is there a schedule that the episodes are released by ?, Do we know when can we expect to see episode 77?

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is there a schedule that the episodes are released by ?, Do we know when can we expect to see episode 77?

Every Saturday they come out.