Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

So the Son's of Garmadon sets have leaked.

SoG are going to use what are called "Oni Masks" to re-birth Lord Garmdon...

...Cole is carrying a baby on his back...

Am I the only one connecting the dots in thinking that...

Spoiler

...they resurrect Garmadon, but he comes back as a baby, and the price is that he has to grow up first before he can become Lord Garmadon again? If he'll become Lord Garmadon again?

12 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

So the Son's of Garmadon sets have leaked.

SoG are going to use what are called "Oni Masks" to re-birth Lord Garmdon...

...Cole is carrying a baby on his back...

Am I the only one connecting the dots in thinking that...

Hide contents

...they resurrect Garmadon, but he comes back as a baby, and the price is that he has to grow up first before he can become Lord Garmadon again? If he'll become Lord Garmadon again?

Spoiler

Baby Garmadon LOL

Also, it seems the villains turn into monsters/demons while wearing the Oni Masks

On 9/12/2017 at 11:04 PM, Hart New Bob said:

Great show but there is way too many plot holes.

There are certainly a few moments where the continuity is a little suspect (especially when it comes to timelines and time travel) but ultimately I find it to be easily excusable as it really doesn't detract from the spirit of the show. If you have specific plot holes to discuss, I'm sure we can straighten a few things out. 

19 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

There are certainly a few moments where the continuity is a little suspect (especially when it comes to timelines and time travel) but ultimately I find it to be easily excusable as it really doesn't detract from the spirit of the show. If you have specific plot holes to discuss, I'm sure we can straighten a few things out. 

Like all those times where they could've used Wu's help.  like all those when they where pretty much defeated when Wu could've came in there using all these elemental powers. (He has all the elemental powers)

Edited by Hart New Bob

16 hours ago, Hart New Bob said:

Like all those times where they could've used Wu's help.  like all those when they where pretty much defeated when Wu could've came in there using all these elemental powers. (He has all the elemental powers)

It's never been said in the show that Wu has the 4 main elements. That used to be a thing in the Lego sets (same with Garmadon) but in the show, they say his power is creation, which is a glowing gold power, and to Garmadon destruction (which is a much better parallel). People are wondering why Wu's been paired with the elements in the first place, so they said they will give a solid answer to what creation actually is soon.

Edited by gamejutzu

8 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Wu has never said that he has all 4 powers. That used to be a thing in the Lego sets (same with Garmadon) but in the show, they jut say his power is creation, some golden things, and to Garmadon destruction (which is a much better parallel). People are wondering why Wu's been paired with the elements in the first place, so they said they will give a solid answer to what creation actually is soon.

He should have all the powers because he is the son of a "God".  Anyway, Garmafan said he had all the powers.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Just now, Hart New Bob said:

Anyway, Garmafan said he had all the powers.

Garmafan said "like he's said to be able to do". Said, in 2011-2012. They dropped that idea really fast and just gave him creation. The sets communicated one thing, and the show said something else.

Edited by gamejutzu

If they're going to make the show more similar to the movie, then they'll probably just make Creation the power of the four elements.. and Water, maybe.

15 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

If they're going to make the show more similar to the movie, then they'll probably just make Creation the power of the four elements.. and Water, maybe.

I mean, Creation was originally all four elements combined, soooooo...

19 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I mean, Creation was originally all four elements combined, soooooo...

It makes sense, but this really should've been something introduced really early on.. now if he starts using Fire, Earth, Ice, and Lightning people are going to wonder why he didn't do it before. If he uses Water it wouldn't make sense because the elements that create a Tornado of Creation are th original 4. 

19 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

It makes sense, but this really should've been something introduced really early on.. now if he starts using Fire, Earth, Ice, and Lightning people are going to wonder why he didn't do it before. If he uses Water it wouldn't make sense because the elements that create a Tornado of Creation are th original 4. 

Well, that's sort of the same issue Bionicle ran into when it made the original six elements form Protodermis and then had to retcon that to any six when they introduced more. Wouldn't be the first retcon for Ninjago, either...

That said, there's no reason to assume it'll necessarily ever even have to come up in the show (especially since Wu is currently out of the picture).

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Well, that's sort of the same issue Bionicle ran into when it made the original six elements form Protodermis and then had to retcon that to any six when they introduced more. Wouldn't be the first retcon for Ninjago, either...

That said, there's no reason to assume it'll necessarily ever even have to come up in the show (especially since Wu is currently out of the picture).

Yeah, but he's almost certainly going to come back. And they're going to explain his powers more, so it seems like something that would be brought up. Unless they explain it in the same way they "explained" the """"finer mechanics"""" of elemental powers in Season 7.. which was almost not at all.

Edited by GarmaFan

13 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

I'm starting to think the movie-esque redesigns might not have been the best idea.

Yeah......I bet their kicking themselves right about  now.........

Edited by Hart New Bob

22 minutes ago, Hart New Bob said:

Yeah......I bet their kicking themselves right about  now.........

Nah, the goal was to attract more fans. "Fans" meaning kids. Kids will like it. They'll buy the toys and watch the show. That's all that matters in the end. The people who would be turned away by the.. well, god-awful reviews wouldn't be interested in the show anyway. We'll just have to see how the audience reacts.

Edited by GarmaFan

If the movie is compelling enough to attract new kids to the show, then the redesigns will have been worth it. Though with the way things are going I doubt it will be attracting that many new fans. 

I do like the movie designs for the most part, so I’m still fine with them being used in the show. 

The idea is that the kids who will enjoy the movie (and there will be), who have never seen the TV show, will then go to the TV show, seeing that there isn't much a difference between the two, aside from voices and the overall story.

If anything, I thought earth, fire, ice, and lightning were more a part of Lloyd than Wu, and it made a little bit of sense too. Back in the day there was a headcanon that was, Lloyd's element was nature, or life force. Since he carried the essence that Ninjago was created with. There was even a period of time where his symbol was a leaf, but that's off topic >_>
Can you imagine both Wu and Lloyd using the same 4 elements, in combination to the 4 ninja using them too? There could potentially be 3 of the same element in use... Or 4 if Skylor is around... Creation is much more unique, and elegant.

Also, it seems the guys at the show team were ecstatic to change the designs. They've said a change would be good at this point anyway. So the ninja look like they've actually grown over the years (besides Zane of course).

42 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Also, it seems the guys at the show team were ecstatic to change the designs. They've said a change would be good at this point anyway. So the ninja look like they've actually grown over the years (besides Zane of course).

But their movie counterparts are younger... how does Jay gaining freckles show he aged? That's supposed to be a sign of youth.. They all look younger than they already did before.

Looks like SamX's identity's been leaked.

Spoiler

It's Pixal.

It was pretty obvious.

2 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

But their movie counterparts are younger... how does Jay gaining freckles show he aged? That's supposed to be a sign of youth.. They all look younger than they already did before.

Looks like SamX's identity's been leaked.

Reveal hidden contents

It's Pixal.

It was pretty obvious.

High concentrations of melanin are what causes freckles to form. It's somewhat uncommon, but absolutely possible for adults to get them, especially those with light, fair skin.

While we're on the subject, moles also form with age (Nya), and open wounds (Cole's scar) can heal over time. Lloyd's eyes can simply be due to the fact he's the chosen one, the Green Ninja, as his powers continue to manifest.

Longer hair (literally everyone but Zane) also happens with age, too.

They also, don't necessarily have to look legitimately "old" to show the progression of time.

Also, source for Samurai X info, please. Found them. Instagram is way too difficult to wade through.

Edited by Penkid11

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

High concentrations of melanin are what causes freckles to form. It's somewhat uncommon, but absolutely possible for adults to get them, especially those with light, fair skin.

While we're on the subject, moles also form with age (Nya), and open wounds (Cole's scar) can heal over time. Lloyd's eyes can simply be due to the fact he's the chosen one, the Green Ninja, as his powers continue to manifest.

Longer hair (literally everyone but Zane) also happens with age, too.

They also, don't necessarily have to look legitimately "old" to show the progression of time.

Yes, yes, I know, there are plenty of possible explanations, but I'm more concerned with the fact the changes don't feel like organic developments that represent the characters' growth. I'm talking in a meta sense, not in-universe.. where things happen because of meta reasons because it's a cartoon. When time-skips happen and characters grow up, they still generally keep their signature traits, but Jay's literally swapping his own for another version of himself, whose own appearance compliments his own personality, but doesn't necessarily fit show Jay's. And again freckles usually represent youth.. so a character who is already in his late teens gaining them to show aging is a little odd! 

And may I mention that the characters aren't even actually aging much if at all..

And then there's Kai's scar switching sides. And the gigantic elephant in the room that are the future reflections. Ultimately, the changes are simply because of brand synergy with the movie.. and I doubt they put near as much thought as fans do into their implementation into the show's canon (nor did they actually have a choice in the matter). Heck, even Lloyd. He doesn't have a new voice actor because he hit puberty.. he has one because they wanted him to sound more like Dave Franco. 

Edited by GarmaFan

To be honest, I don't really see a need to explain the changes beyond "they look better". The ninja's designs in the movie fit their personalities in the show really well as far as I'm concerned—in Jay's case, arguably better than his original appearance, which always struck me as a little too cool and serious-looking for a nerdy jokester like him. As for Kai's scar, it may be an inconsistency in the sets—but in the show, where he never had the scar and always looked more generic for it, it's a total non-issue.