Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

5 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I'm glad they addressed the fans' displeasure with the Ninjago Movie redesigned faces and hair. They look awful. I'm guessing the original Ninjago creators were disturbed by the changes to their characters as well.

I tried to watch the Comic Con Ninjago Movie panel video with the voice actors, and had to turn it off after a couple of minutes. The idea of these "big name" celebs "sprucing up" the Ninjago world is very off putting. The Ninjago TV show had many seasons of success thanks to the original creative team, not from Hollywood big shots.

The Hands of Time season finale's cliffhanger was very significant, so when they made it sound like the next season will have a time jump is disappointing if they won't adequately show what happened and how Sensei Wu got back to the normal time.

I'm fairly sure one reason for the time skip is that Wu HASN'T gotten back to the normal time yet—his reappearance will probably be a plot point in the coming season.

I like how there is a time gap between season 7 and 8, and I am excited and open to the character changes, but I don't get why Lloyd's eyes are now green. I just don't see the point in it. I am fine with the hair and the voice, but the eye color just bugs me. My opinion will probably change after I see the new season, and I hope there will be some sort of explanation for it (like maybe some energy or power that he learned). I'll eventually get used to it eventually though. 

Also i wonder how the other characters will look. Will Jay have freckles? Will Cole still have his scar from previous seasons? Will Zane have yellow skin over his titanium skeleton? I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Even if they use the movie heads, almost everything could potentially be explained - Kai got a scar from fighting (something I've always wanted to happen anyway), Zane rebuilt his synthetic skin, Cole's Ghost Scar faded over time (although that was one aspect I did like because it made him unique), Lloyd gained new elemental powers and made his eyes glow green, and Nya grew her hair out. The only change, funnily enough, is Jay's freckles and eyebrow scar disappearance - how does that even happen? :grin:

Regardless, I welcome the new looks, especially if it means more cinematic animation and effects. What I'm most excited for is how they find Wu - it was mentioned he will look drastically different so I'm excited for the new direction they're taking him - maybe prolonged exposure to the time vortex aged him to a young man, or even older, or he got sent to the future and gains tech armor - the possibilities are endless and I'm looking forward to what comes next!

On 7/25/2017 at 2:37 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

I'm glad they addressed the fans' displeasure with the Ninjago Movie redesigned faces and hair. They look awful. I'm guessing the original Ninjago creators were disturbed by the changes to their characters as well.

I tried to watch the Comic Con Ninjago Movie panel video with the voice actors, and had to turn it off after a couple of minutes. The idea of these "big name" celebs "sprucing up" the Ninjago world is very off putting. The Ninjago TV show had many seasons of success thanks to the original creative team, not from Hollywood big shots.

The Hands of Time season finale's cliffhanger was very significant, so when they made it sound like the next season will have a time jump is disappointing if they won't adequately show what happened and how Sensei Wu got back to the normal time.

Did you even read the creators' responses? Because while trying to allay fans' fears, they have generally been quite positive about the design changes. For reference:

https://twitter.com/brothershageman/status/889301426773532672

18 hours ago, legozebra said:

Even if they use the movie heads, almost everything could potentially be explained - Kai got a scar from fighting (something I've always wanted to happen anyway), Zane rebuilt his synthetic skin, Cole's Ghost Scar faded over time (although that was one aspect I did like because it made him unique), Lloyd gained new elemental powers and made his eyes glow green, and Nya grew her hair out. The only change, funnily enough, is Jay's freckles and eyebrow scar disappearance - how does that even happen? :grin:

Regardless, I welcome the new looks, especially if it means more cinematic animation and effects. What I'm most excited for is how they find Wu - it was mentioned he will look drastically different so I'm excited for the new direction they're taking him - maybe prolonged exposure to the time vortex aged him to a young man, or even older, or he got sent to the future and gains tech armor - the possibilities are endless and I'm looking forward to what comes next!

We know their face rigs will be the same, the most change we've seen is already on Lloyd because of puberty. We know Wu will look different, not "drastically" different. For all we know, that just means he'll have new clothes.

Edited by GarmaFan

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

This probably isn't the right thread to post this, but could someone translate what is said on the parachute in the sneak peek?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lkb4clnxJt0

(around 6:28)

It says SOG (for Son's Of Garmadon)

Yes, Ninjagese will be used in the show now that there's a system for it.

10 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

We know their face rigs will be the same, the most change we've seen is already on Lloyd because of puberty. We know Wu will look different, not "drastically" different. For all we know, that just means he'll have new clothes.

Right, just saw TA's tweet about how the rest of the faces will remain the same.

Regarding Wu, though, I doubt it's just a clothing change - otherwise they wouldn't have needed to mention it because everyone changes outfits almost every season, including Wu.

Edited by legozebra

It might look like there's nothing important in this video, but at the very end we can see Wu falling out of the infinity vortex, and nearly hitting the ground before the vortex appears on the ground and sucks him back in.

I know this probably isn't what's happening to Wu, but it would be very interesting. Wu warping throughout Ninjago at random, or even through the realms, or time. To draw a comparison, it would be like the Tracer character from Overwatch when their armor is removed (correct me if i'm wrong I don't know much about that game :tongue:)

18 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

It might look like there's nothing important in this video, but at the very end we can see Wu falling out of the infinity vortex, and nearly hitting the ground before the vortex appears on the ground and sucks him back in.

I know this probably isn't what's happening to Wu, but it would be very interesting. Wu warping throughout Ninjago at random, or even through the realms, or time. To draw a comparison, it would be like the Tracer character from Overwatch when their armor is removed (correct me if i'm wrong I don't know much about that game :tongue:)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is what's happened to Wu. It kind of makes sense, he fell through the time vortex and is now warping through space-time. Maybe he'll land in the LEGO Movie-verse.:grin: But, that begs the question what happened to the Iron Doom and the Hands of Time. Was it destroyed? Did they die? 

Edited by GarmaFan

The time twins might have overpowered him and thrown him overboard? that would mean they could bring Wu back but save the return of the time twins for later. Also with Wu out of the picture (for a little while at least) could Misako be playing a larger role (and maybe get a new figure) maybe she is upset by the son's of garmadons violation of her husbands memory ( or something like that ). 

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
I had more to say and didn't want to double post.

Apparently the outfit we saw in the sneak peek won't be Lloyd's permanent outfit in the season (putting in spoilers just in case):

Spoiler

DGa8w16XYAAldEn.jpg

Makes sense, it'd be lame if Lloyd just had a recolored movie outfit.

Edited by GarmaFan

Just now, GarmaFan said:

Apparently the outfit we saw in the sneak peek won't be Lloyd's permanent outfit in the season (putting in spoilers just in case):

Hide contents

DGa8w16XYAAldEn.jpg

What is that image from?

It looks like the Airjitzu Gis from Skybound, but flipped.

I wonder if that mask was accidentally drawn in the current TV show style, or if they just drew the wrong mask and we're getting the movie styled ones in the TV show anyway?

14 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

It looks like the Airjitzu Gis from Skybound, but flipped.

I wonder if that mask was accidentally drawn in the current TV show style, or if they just drew the wrong mask and we're getting the movie styled ones in the TV show anyway?

It's recolored from this poster:

1454e9b2cd8745a5.jpg

So Kai is the green ninja :tongue:

I presume that we should get both Lloyds in sets, as he isn't completely a movie recolour ,looking at the belt ties is the most obvious difference but there are others to, I really like the suits that the sons of garmadon wear in this clip too so I hope we get those and the red swords(well they are on the bike so they are almost confirmed) (sorry if this is a little off-topic but as of yet there is no 2018 ninjago thread.)

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I'm guessing the figure in the book cover is either preliminary or just a mockup just based on the fact that it's a clear photoshop from Kai's Skybound outfit. I'm guessing his actually alternate outfit, if he even gets one, will look at least slightly different than that one depicted.

17 hours ago, legozebra said:

I'm guessing the figure in the book cover is either preliminary or just a mockup just based on the fact that it's a clear photoshop from Kai's Skybound outfit. I'm guessing his actually alternate outfit, if he even gets one, will look at least slightly different than that one depicted.

Nah, Mr. Andreasen said it's not an actual outfit.

56 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Nah, Mr. Andreasen said it's not an actual outfit.

Just saw that, good to know. It's pretty redundant to old outfits so that's good to hear it's not official.

23 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Just saw that, good to know. It's pretty redundant to old outfits so that's good to hear it's not official.

I never thought it was real. It makes so much sense for the new movie style hoods to transition into the TV show. The current hood mold has been around for two years already, and LEGO has replaced the hoods  every two years or so:

Original hood -  2011

ZX - 2012-2013, 2015

Techno - 2014-2015

Deepstone hood - 2015-2017

Movie hood - 2017

It really makes sense for the new movie hood to replace the current one at this point. Plus, it'll make for a smoother transition for new fans from the movie to the show, just like they are updating all the characters' appearances.

I fully understand why they're doing this and I'm completely okay with them doing this, but I can't help but think in the back of my head that new people will just be more confused and get turned off by the show once they watch and the differences become more obvious. 

Edited by GarmaFan

On 8/7/2017 at 9:14 AM, GarmaFan said:

I fully understand why they're doing this and I'm completely okay with them doing this, but I can't help but think in the back of my head that new people will just be more confused and get turned off by the show once they watch and the differences become more obvious. 

The voice actor for Zane said that this is the best story they've done, rivaling even that of S1. I think they'll pull it off well. They're Ninjago fans, too!

On the other hand, they said that with Hands of Time as well, and some people didn't like it. But this could also mean that every season gets better and better :tongue:

On 8/14/2017 at 9:29 AM, gamejutzu said:

On the other hand, they said that with Hands of Time as well, and some people didn't like it. But this could also mean that every season gets better and better :tongue:

Well, the Hageman brothers are back for this season, so I'm a lot more confident.

EDIT: Big update - the preview now has sound! (I don't think anyone's posted this yet)

From Tommy Andreason's channel:

So, what does everyone think?

Edited by Master_Data