Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

20 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How far out do they have the Ninjago seasons planned? I'm rewatching the Master Chen season on demand and saw what looked like a character from Hands of Time.

In Episode 40,  (Spellbound), Kai and Nya's parents (Ray and Maya) appear in a flashback along with the rest of the elemental masters, sans Acronix, Krux, and Libber (Jay's mom, semi-official name). I assume you mean their parents, though.

Edited by legozebra

I wonder if they planned it out ahead of time and put future characters in past seasons as unnamed characters or if they just looked at past seasons' flashbacks and picked out characters to write into future seasons.

11 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I wonder if they planned it out ahead of time and put future characters in past seasons as unnamed characters or if they just looked at past seasons' flashbacks and picked out characters to write into future seasons.

Probably some combination of both.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:31 PM, GarmaFan said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/ninjago/characters

Not sure how to feel about the fact that they forgot Lloyd, yet included Misako, who isn't in any Hands of Time sets..

I'm pretty sure Lloyd not being there is a mistake - it's not like they'd exclude him on purpose. Personally, I like Misako's addition, showing her relevance as a character to the plot.

57 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I'm pretty sure Lloyd not being there is a mistake - it's not like they'd exclude him on purpose. Personally, I like Misako's addition, showing her relevance as a character to the plot.

I know it's probably not on purpose, and I like that Misako's there, I just think it's odd they forgot him. But, they also had Macchia as Nya's placeholder image before they added the new profiles, so I guess it isn't too weird.

2 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

The Hands of Time ninja outfits remind me of Imelda Marcos dresses with the fluffy shoulders. Not very ninja like.

Watch some Akira Kurosawa films and you will likely associate those designs to samurai and ronins.

Speaking of samurai, the premise of the show would probably be more fitting if they were samurai instead of ninja. Samugo.. eh, sounds corny. But, we got 7 seasons (and counting) and a movie, so things worked anyway.

Edited by GarmaFan

23 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Speaking of samurai, the premise of the show would probably be more fitting if they were samurai instead of ninja. Samugo.. eh, sounds corny. But, we got 7 seasons (and counting) and a movie, so things worked anyway.

But a lot of people would rather associate crazy acrobatics and mystical powers with ninja instead of samurai. And there's also how "ninja" would appeal to kids more...

Spoiler

tumblr_onbyxu46Ik1tg7tfzo1_400.png

(something important changing for Lloyd)

Holy crap, guys.. it's the end of an era.

Edit: Sorry it took so long to add a spoiler, the option wasn't on mobile.

Edited by GarmaFan

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Adult Lloyd (kinda' spoilers but this is gonna boom throughout the community).

I thought I would never see this day come.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:54 AM, GarmaFan said:

Yes it worked.... it cracked me up when I read Samugo. LOL.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:54 AM, gamejutzu said:

But a lot of people would rather associate crazy acrobatics and mystical powers with ninja instead of samurai. And there's also how "ninja" would appeal to kids more...

I agree. The design language is really borrowed from a lot of super sentai shows that works very well with kids. Power Ranger endured the test of time, and so will Ninjago. It worked in many generations and this formula is proven.

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

:sceptic: should have used spoiler tag, maybe?

22 minutes ago, makoy said:

:sceptic: should have used spoiler tag, maybe?

Um.. no. Of course not. This is real world information. Why would I spoiler an announcement? Would I spoiler "Mark Hamill grows beard for new Star Wars movie"? 

Edited by GarmaFan

Just now, GarmaFan said:

Um.. no. Of course not. This is real world information.

All spoilers are real world information if that's your logic. Doesn't change the fact that for most people watching the show would like to know what's going to happen to the characters in the future season. You rob the people of suspense. But I get it that it's normal for you.

11 minutes ago, makoy said:

All spoilers are real world information if that's your logic. Doesn't change the fact that for most people watching the show would like to know what's going to happen to the characters in the future season. You rob the people of suspense. But I get it that it's normal for you.

Ah. Well, sorry, then.. it didn't seem like a change that would affect the plot. Well, I guess in a miniscule way (either it's mentioned once and then never again, or no one brings it up at all), but I figured things like this are just considered news.

Can I not put spoiler tags on edits?

Edited by GarmaFan

52 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Can I not put spoiler tags on edits?

You still can :)

Well that was unexpected. I know some people didn't like Lloyd's voice, but I'm sad that it's getting changed anyway. Jilian did a great job for the past five years doing Lloyd, and I hope the change isn't too rough.

What a development indeed - I wonder how they'll work that into the plot. I'd assume it would have something to do with the Time Blades and one of them ages him up like Wu, but there was no hint of that as far as I could see in the episodes...

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

What a development indeed - I wonder how they'll work that into the plot. I'd assume it would have something to do with the Time Blades and one of them ages him up like Wu, but there was no hint of that as far as I could see in the episodes...

It's a Season 8 thing.

2 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

It's a Season 8 thing.

Yeah, I know TA said it's in season 8, I was just saying I would have thought that it would be in HoT, because that would seem appropriate

18 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Um.. no. Of course not. This is real world information. Why would I spoiler an announcement? Would I spoiler "Mark Hamill grows beard for new Star Wars movie"? 

Dude please put spoiler tags on that. I didn't want that piece of info to get spoiled for me at least until we were closer to season 8, but I do know. I'd rather I didn't read that, and a couple of others will too.

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

Dude please put spoiler tags on that. I didn't want that piece of info to get spoiled for me at least until we were closer to season 8, but I do know. I'd rather I didn't read that, and a couple of others will too.

It's been spoilered for almost a day now..

18 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

It's been spoilered for almost a day now..

Oh, it was? Hmm... How did I even read that then? :laugh_hard: