Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

What if the vermilion are like the polar bear tribe in chima in that even the serpentine despise them and did not open there tomb where they were sealed in. The Vermillion could be a secret sixth serpentine tribe.

Wait. Why were we even considering time travel in HoT anyway? Neither the name, the appearance of Kai and Nya's parents, nor any of the creators/writers have remotely hinted at it.

9 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I've been seeing a lot on Twitter that Zane has become more emotionally robotic since he became Titanium. Am I the only one who hasn't noticed this at all? I thought he's actually become more emotional, if anything. I don't know, maybe I'm just unobservant.

Ever since he's accepted that he's basically a husk, he has no problem openly expressing his robot-ness with that straight face of his. I think it's that since his new body is a full on robot rather than an android, people use that to make it easier and say he's less emotional. 

What i'm trying to say is now that he's way more robotic, you could apply this "effect" on all his fields, including his personality. I'd personally say he's not the same in how he acts though. Like in Skybound when he tried to call the police on all of them, disregarding their safety in favor of following his built-in law following system, or when Nadakhan deleted PIXAL and he literally couldn't think (which could also be tied to his "feelings"). In short, his new body and it's up to date features and could be causing him to have a bit of "cold logic", or "system errors" when hit with human feelings. That's my theory.
_________

Also, I noticed there's only two people with the vermillion mark in the painting. Could they be the twins?

Edited by gamejutzu

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Wait. Why were we even considering time travel in HoT anyway? Neither the name, the appearance of Kai and Nya's parents, nor any of the creators/writers have remotely hinted at it.

It's called "Hands of Time". It's not much of a stretch. It seems that the reason people have been thinking that is because of that, and Kai and Nya's parents being in it. 

6 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Ever since he's accepted that he's basically a husk, he has no problem openly expressing his robot-ness with that straight face of his. I think it's that since his new body is a full on robot rather than an android, people use that to make it easier and say he's less emotional. 

What i'm trying to say is now that he's way more robotic, you could apply this "effect" on all his fields, including his personality. I'd personally say he's not the same in how he acts though. Like in Skybound when he tried to call the police on all of them, disregarding their safety in favor of following his built-in law following system, or when Nadakhan deleted PIXAL and he literally couldn't think (which could also be tied to his "feelings"). In short, his new body and it's up to date features and could be causing him to have a bit of "cold logic", or "system errors" when hit with human feelings. That's my theory.
_________

Also, I noticed there's only two people with the vermillion mark in the painting. Could they be the twins?

Yeah, good points. In aspects like that, he does seem more prone to his programming, or more accepting of it. 

From multiple set pictures it seems like the "Time Twins" are the main villains of this season. Also looks like their names are "Acronix and Crux". Seems like they forced the parents to forge Iron Doom, along with many of the other Vermillion vehicles. This may seem like a contrived plot device, but it makes a lot of sense. It was also confirmed that the Vermillion ARE in fact small snakes that envelope in armor to become humanoid warriors. 

1.jpg

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

..huh. So much for them being a missing Serpentine tribe.

Doesn't rule it out. Reminder that the little snakes in the sets are actually young serpentine. Perhaps these are dwarf snakes who happened to figure their stuff out. :tongue:

I wonder if the pods are what transform the snakes into the vermillion? After all, there's an abundance of red snakes and pods. Now the only missing thing is the armor. Where do they get that from to complete the metamorphosis? Is it provided by the vermillion, or is it the metal in the pods? It looks like the armor's just... There.

Also, this confirms the translucent things on the helmet are supposed to represent snakes peeking out, and not a sculpt of the armor... Especially since the translucent color for this one is orange, like the snake's arms.

Everyone probably knows this already,but set images are out revealing Dr. Saunders as one of the twins. I'm a bit disappointed - he seems too much of a goofy guy to ever be a villain, and if he played a villain, it would be someone like Chen, not one of Ninjago's better villains. Here's to hoping his twin brother is more serious and captivating.

Edited by legozebra

see as though the other brother has an MP3 player of sorts, I kinda doubt it.

Maybe Saunders has a long lost twin...it would explain the lack of beard...

Or Saunders is secretly really a bad guys...I mean putting up statues to past villains and having a dangerous artifact like the Yang Blade in a museum...like come on...I actually expected him the villain in DotD.

EDIT: Added content

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

It looks like Cole's RX ability has been revealed. I was honestly hoping it would be kept secret until hands of time, but what can I do... You all can just pass this by to have that little surprise though.

The RX ability is tied to magma, explaining the cracked orange arms and torso. But what I don't understand, or what threw so many people off from coming to this conclusion, was the light on the ground which appeared twice when Cole was shown using his power (the poster and the advert). What's that all about? And why does it give him strength, instead of, well, magma powers?

Edited by gamejutzu

10 hours ago, Ninja of Fire said:

Hey could someone please compile the plot of Dark Island? It seems pretty important...

Sure! It would be nice if you were to buy the books though- not only is the art excellent, but it supports Ninjago as well.

Anyway, here's a summary:

Part I

Misako and Ronin were sent by Wu to investigate disturbances in the ocean - fishermen have been disappearing and the wrecks of their boats have been washing up on shore without them. Mistake and Ronin land on the Dark Island, discover something that isn't clear to the reader yet, and sail back in a hurry, talking about how they need to warn Wu and the ninja. Before they can return, they are ambushed by a mysterious black ship, sent from the Dark Island to capture them. Misako and Ronin vanish and their boat washed up ashore, at it is discovered by Wu. Aboard the wreck, Zane analyzes that the damage was made by cannon fire, and Wu find a warning letter telling him to stay away from the Dark Island. Ignoring the letter, the ninja and Wu load up the Bounty and fly to the island. Wu loads up a large, mysterious package, but the ninja don't question what it is. On the way there, the Bounty is struck by a vicious storm, scattering the ninja. Kai finds himself alone on a desert on Dark Island. Jay and Nya end up together (of course) on the beach. Wu and Lloyd find each other quickly and find the remains of the Bounty, which can no longer fly, but sail. Zane and Cole land on the slopes of a snowy mountain adjacent to an active volcano. 

Jay and Nya soon stumble across a group of pirates while walking along the shore. They, of course, instantly recognize them as Nadakhan's crew, but fear that the rest of the team will have no idea what they're up against, as they have no memories of Skybound. As they fight the pirates, Ronin appears, who had escaped from the pirates in search of the ninja with the help of his new mech he had created from scrap at a pirate camp, the Ronin MEC. Thus, once the pirates are defeated, the three set off into the jungle to find the others.

Part II

Elsewhere, Lloyd and Wu sail down the River of Darkness in the Jankikai Jungle. Dark Matter-possessed gorillas and mosquitoes hound them, and finally, Lloyd succumbs to the Dark Matter, uses his powers to injure and kill the infected animals following them. Wu, concerned, tries to reason with Lloyd, whose eyes are now glowing purple. Lloyd abandons Wu, saying that his mother must be found - and Wu is only slowing him down.

Meanwhile, in the mountains of the Dark Island, Zane and Cole stumble upon a Dark Matter mine, and find Misako and several fishermen working as slaves to mine the Dark Matter. When they rush down to save them, they find that exposure to the matter has corrupted them, turning them against the ninja. Just as Cole and Zane are about to be captured, Lloyd shows up, releasing his rage on the pirates and fishermen, eyes still glowing purple. Zane and Cole shake him out of his trance, and he begins to regret leaving Wu all alone. However, they continue on and Lloyd uses his elemental energy to free Misako's mind from the Dark Matter, but not before she calls some guards. Dogshank and Monkey Wretch appear, but when MW sees how easily Dogshank is defeated, he defects to the ninja out of fear, promising to lead them to some vehicles he made for the pirates if they promise not to hurt him. (Zane can speak robot primate). As Zane, Cole, Lloyd, Misako, and Monkey wretch approach the vehicles, they are discovered by Ronin, Jay, and Nya, who had been trekking through the jungle looking for them. The united team steals some vehicles (Ultra Stealth Raider and Titanium Tumbler) and they battle the remaining pirates. Flintlocke calls off the attack, saying they have enough Dark Matter that their master needed, the the pirates disappear with the ninja in pursuit.

Meanwhile, Wu, still alone, begins to hallucinate, the Dark Matter playing tricks on his mind. A dark manifestation of himself appears and they have a vicious fight on the Bounty. Finally, when Wu accepts that the darkness is part of him, it vanishes and Wu awakes, finding himself at the mouth of an ominous cave. Upon entering, he finds the ghostly form of none other than Clouse, who explains to Wu that because he couldn't find the Teapot of Tyran, he released the next best thing: Nadakhan's crew. Using black magic to open portals to other realms, he freed the crew in exchange for their loyalty. His plan is to cover the only source of light on the island - the Temple of Light - with massive amounts of Dark Matter, upsetting the balance and bringing darkness to Ninjago. Just as Wu attacks, Clouse escapes in the Misfortune's Keep, leaving Wu to be discovered by Cole in the Raider Jet. 

Part III

Kai, delirious from lack of water in the desert, is found by a group of pirates in the Rock Roader, where he is captured. Cole, however, finds Kai and scares away the pirates, freeing him and giving him a motorbike. With the whole team reunited, there is a big vehicle battle in the desert, which the ninja win. Clouse, however, takes advantage of the distraction to cover the Temple of Light in Dark Matter, beginning the process of sending Darkness to Ninjago Island. Just as the ninja appear at the Temple, Wu reveals what was in the crate: the Golden Mech! He had commissioned Borg to repair it after it's destruction in episode 26. Wu and Clouse begin an epic Mech Battle, where Wu is victorious. As Clouse is sucked into the underworld (he had died disgracefully in battle) the ninja send the pirates to jail and sail back to Ninjago.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Jay and Nya soon stumble across a group of pirates while walking along the shore. They, of course, instantly recognize them as Nadakhan's crew, but fear that the rest of the team will have no idea what they're up against, as they have no memories of Skybound.

So characters like Dogshank and Flintlocke don't recognize Nya and Jay? I guess only Nya, Jay, and Nadakhan remember because they were directly involved in Jay's last wish... But still, i'd expect them to be not as hostile towards them, remembering them as allies or something... It would have been kind of nice :sceptic:

The united team steals some vehicles (Ultra Stealth Raider and Titanium Tumbler) and they battle the remaining pirates.

Are the vehicles in a different coat of paint? Or are they the exact colors we see in DoD? If so, that's pretty lazy. And I doubt Wretch even knew about the USR.

the ninja send the pirates to jail and sail back to Ninjago.

Could this mean we could see them in the show? It would create some kind of confusion though; Perhaps some shorts (like the ones in 2011) to recap the events in Dark Island?

32 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

So characters like Dogshank and Flintlocke don't recognize Nya and Jay? I guess only Nya, Jay, and Nadakhan remember because they were directly involved in Jay's last wish... But still, i'd expect them to be not as hostile towards them, remembering them as allies or something... It would have been kind of nice :sceptic:

Are the vehicles in a different coat of paint? Or are they the exact colors we see in DoD? If so, that's pretty lazy. And I doubt Wretch even knew about the USR.

Could this mean we could see them in the show? It would create some kind of confusion though; Perhaps some shorts (like the ones in 2011) to recap the events in Dark Island?

1.) No, they were evil as ever

2.) They were glowing purple and transformed when the ninja touched them. They ALL turned gold and white, even Cole's Rock Roader, so maybe he gave it a paint job before DoD. The resemblance to the Ultra Sonic Raider is unexplained.

3.) maybe, but that would confuse a LOT of Ninjago fans who didn't read the books.

I suggest you buy the books - they're really great and everyone's support will allow something special like this to happen again.

What I think is interesting about the vermillion, is that all their stuff is made up of metal and snakes, which makes these villains able to shape shift(to some extant), because they can go from vermillion soldier, to vermillion invader, to vermillion monster all the way to Iron Doom.

22 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

What I think is interesting about the vermillion, is that all their stuff is made up of metal and snakes, which makes these villains able to shape shift(to some extant), because they can go from vermillion soldier, to vermillion invader, to vermillion monster all the way to Iron Doom.

Isn't the Invader and Iron Doom mostly metal though? I'd say at most 30% would be snake. They kind of wrap around or possess the vehicle, it's not like all of them can just bond and transform into a vehicle. Same goes for the monsters in Smaurai RXL and Dragon Forge.

EDIT: It looks like Tommy revealed the script for the opening scene for the alternate DoD. It looks like the ninja are going head on in a 3 vs 3.

Edited by gamejutzu

So hyped for Hands of Time! This seems like it's just a teaser of the inciting incident or first episode rather than the whole season, so maybe there are more teasers to come. Not sold on the Time Twin's voice, though... everything else looks and sounds amazing.

8 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

When does the new season air?

Sometime January 

edit: Yes, TA confirms "Official teaser. The trailer will reveal more. You'll notice this is very un-Vermillion like."

Edited by legozebra

If this is just the first episode, I think that can speak volumes for this next season. 

Also, where is this place? Because of the double dragons, i'm thinking it could be the forge, but the place is burnt, just like the monastery! And it's not the monastery because it has the double dragons!

Edited by gamejutzu

Now I'm sorry if this sounds lazy from me, but I didn't keep track of things. What is this "Hands of Time" season supposed to be about? I can't understand anything from sets, and the info is surprisingly hard to find on the net.

Whatever it is, I just hope they don't mess with the concept of 'time' too much, it could end in a confusing, plot-holed disaster like before.

17 minutes ago, Cagast said:

Now I'm sorry if this sounds lazy from me, but I didn't keep track of things. What is this "Hands of Time" season supposed to be about? I can't understand anything from sets, and the info is surprisingly hard to find on the net.

Whatever it is, I just hope they don't mess with the concept of 'time' too much, it could end in a confusing, plot-holed disaster like before.

Hands of Time centers around the mysterious disappearance of Kai and Nya's parents many years ago. When Wu sees "the Twins Lost to Time" in a vision (the two "rogues" in the Iron Doom set), this prompts the ninja to discover past secrets from the museum curator, Saunders.

46 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Hands of Time centers around the mysterious disappearance of Kai and Nya's parents many years ago. When Wu sees "the Twins Lost to Time" in a vision (the two "rogues" in the Iron Doom set), this prompts the ninja to discover past secrets from the museum curator, Saunders.

And that's all we know? It's still unclear who are Vermillion from the sets?