Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

12 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I noticed you used the word "delve", and not a stronger word, like "center around" or "focus on". Would that mean that the season itself isn't about Cole and his family? If not, then who'd it be about? Zane or Lloyd?

Well, hopefully it will, especially Zane. Since we aren't getting any background info on Zane in HoT, and they said they'd go into Zane in better detail some other time, this could very well be it. The infamous origins of Zane, along with Cole as a bonus. I do like how they're doing a lot of this stuff touching on past events, it's really building on the world, rather than maybe just introducing new things every season, and never going back to them. 

Also, i'm gonna avoid all spoilers for this special (well, from this point on (looking at you LEGO.com)), after all, i'd hate to get spoiled when DoD is pretty much 3 days away.

While I have no information about the season, Tommy A mentioned it is still being written, so at this point, it could go either way. I am real looking forward to all these stories about the ninja's ancestors, though.

So, DoD premieres today. Do we know when? And also, I assume it'd be online as well in case people miss it, or don't have a TV.

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

So, DoD premieres today. Do we know when? And also, I assume it'd be online as well in case people miss it, or don't have a TV.

9PM Pacific Time, according to the CN schedule. I'll watch out for it then, although that seems really late...

Hopefully someone does a high quality recording. I'd like to give my thoughts but I'd need to see the episode more clearly to do so.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Hopefully someone does a high quality recording. I'd like to give my thoughts but I'd need to see the episode more clearly to do so.

You already saw a low quality version?

*judges intensely*

If you don't have a TV or something, I wouldn't be surprised if it was available online the day after it's shown (tomorrow).

Edited by gamejutzu

Well the fam and I really enjoyed Day of the Departed.  It was rather rushed but still fun to watch.  Does anyone know if this special will be included with either the skybound or HoT DVD release?  Hopefully the former. Did I miss something or was lil Nelson just absent?  I kind of expected him to play some sort of role in this since he is included with the rock roader.

2 hours ago, LegoLeroy said:

Well the fam and I really enjoyed Day of the Departed.  It was rather rushed but still fun to watch.  Does anyone know if this special will be included with either the skybound or HoT DVD release?  Hopefully the former. Did I miss something or was lil Nelson just absent?  I kind of expected him to play some sort of role in this since he is included with the rock roader.

Tommy Andreasen said he got taken out earlier in the script, and that the story was better without him. He was going to stow away in Cole's vehicle, I think? 

I wish Morro had had a bigger role, but I guess there just wasn't much time.

Edited by GarmaFan

2 hours ago, LegoLeroy said:

Does anyone know if this special will be included with either the skybound or HoT DVD release? 

I don't know about anywhere else, but Australia is getting the special on its own DVD, releasing on the 23rd of November. I assume it will have its own DVD everywhere else too. 

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Tommy Andreasen said he got taken out earlier in the script, and that the story was better without him. He was going to stow away in Cole's vehicle, I think? 

I wish Morro had had a bigger role, but I guess there just wasn't much time.

Well at least we've got the minifig available.

1 hour ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I don't know about anywhere else, but Australia is getting the special on its own DVD, releasing on the 23rd of November. I assume it will have its own DVD everywhere else too. 

That will work just as well.

Just watched the HD version on TV... Boy, what a difference HD makes! I still agree it was really rushed (no big surprise) and I still wish there was a final villain team vs ninja team battle at the end, but hearing everything in good quality made it so much better - especially the soundtrack. I came in not expecting new music and was very pleasantly surprised. Jay and Michael really outdid themselves - the music has a haunting quality and each new piece was stellar. I await their eventual release...

I'll watch it tomorrow (surprise: I don't have a TV)

And i'll watch it at night or sunset to set the mood. Yeah I made a mistake watching the Great Devourer season finale in a different language, and Art of the Silent Fist in shaky cam bad quality... I'm not letting that happen again...

Edited by gamejutzu

Well Day of the Departed... was uhh... good? There are really some things that i wish were done better, but it was a good Ninjago Special nevertheless.

This is killing me! There's a DoD that looks alright on Youtube, but it's only 360p! And it's gonna get deleted soon, so I don't know when another HD capture 720p  could show up... 

Edited by gamejutzu

5 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

This is killing me! There's a DoD that looks alright on Youtube, but it's only 360p! And it's gonna get deleted soon, so I don't know when another HD capture 720p  could show up... 

I'll do what I can to post a 720p version straight from the CN app.

Finished up watching DotD online a few hours ago, and I must say... it's pretty good. Nothing more, nothing less. This special had its highs and its lows. 

Pros: 

-Villains returning (interactions)

-Everything with Yang and Cole

-Plot

-Action was great though! 

Cons:

-The villain fights were a bit short

-The special seemed a bit rushed

-The underuse of the new vehicles. 

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Also, really loving how there will be two sensei again!

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

I'll do what I can to post a 720p version straight from the CN app.

Wow, thanks, I appreciate that. 

I saw a Fold video with some DoD clips, and it looked really nice. I didn't get to support the show by watching it on TV, the least I can do is watch it the way it was meant to, in high quality.

Definitely a good special. Though I wish that the ninja had to regroup at Nya's cave and fight all the villains at once. It would have given that set some story purpose.

Also we now have another realm to add to the list.  The realm of the departed. Where those that die go. (This includes ghosts now that the cursed realm is gone)

It was a... good special.

The plot had little substance. There's only so much you can do with a TV special, however.

The battles were too short (and had WAY too much slow-mo). I was expecting something so much more grandiose than what we got. Especially with all the villains. The villains were also complete jokes. Samukai was no where near threatening (he never really was, now that I think about it). Cryptor somehow has a handy Achilles heel that popped out of nowhere. And when was Kozu this air-headed. I mean I get that he's out for revenge, but running is the only thing he did. I also felt that Pythor was thrown in there for no reason. Chen was the only one that seemed substantial, and even then he ended just as fast as the others.

Cole's scar makes no sense, and neither does that weird... orange energy... thing he did with his hands.

Some positives though. The Dojo ruins still exist. We saw a side of Morro that was untainted by vengeance. Cole is normal again. And FINALLY the Temple of Airjitzu is their home base now (the instruction booklet for the set mentioned this nearly an entire year before it actually happened).

Also, was that a time jump at the end?

5 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Wow, thanks, I appreciate that. 

I saw a Fold video with some DoD clips, and it looked really nice. I didn't get to support the show by watching it on TV, the least I can do is watch it the way it was meant to, in high quality.

This may be a bit problematic - the CN app has blocked screen recording, but I'll try to work my way around it.

Readers be warned. Spoilers ahead. Probably a good idea to use spoiler tags guys.

The Temple of Airjitzu set now makes sense... And how I wish I have 2 sets to make a MOC out of it.

11 hours ago, makoy said:

The Temple of Airjitzu set now makes sense... And how I wish I have 2 sets to make a MOC out of it.

I thought it already made sense... Are you talking about the two separate buildings or something inside the main temple?

Edited by gamejutzu

I'm really glad we actually see the Airjitsu (I think that's right) temple. I was like super confused why we got a set but yet we never saw the temple in the show. Anyways not to be rude or anything but I don't follow this thread and I don't want to sift through discussions upon discussions but could some tell me what the plot of Season 7 will be now since DoD was only a special. 

Thanks! 

36 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I'm really glad we actually see the Airjitsu (I think that's right) temple. I was like super confused why we got a set but yet we never saw the temple in the show. Anyways not to be rude or anything but I don't follow this thread and I don't want to sift through discussions upon discussions but could some tell me what the plot of Season 7 will be now since DoD was only a special. 

Thanks! 

Season 7, Hands of Time, focuses on Kai and Nya discovering the secrets and mystery surrounding the disappearance of their parents. 

1 hour ago, Cagast said:

The quality of this show went downhill.

I wouldn't judge the show's quality on a mere special. Skybound was fantastic, and Hands of Time is really being hyped up to be fantastic.

Day of the Departed was underwhelming compared to Ninjago's usual quality standards, but considering the circumstances... it was probably as good as it could have been. I really wish we had received a full season for this wave to flesh out motivations and actually have the villains scheme and plan to take down the Ninja instead of rushing in blindly. Pythor in particular just seemed like a total incompetent.