Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Aww. It's really too bad that Nya has a blue tornado now, I thought the crimson and gold one was unique.

We don't know if the book is canon though... If (It's pretty much a when) she learns spinjitsu in the show, I'm not sure what color it would be...

We don't know if the book is canon though... If (It's pretty much a when) she learns spinjitsu in the show, I'm not sure what color it would be...

I'm pretty sure she does know though. Due to her doing it twice in unprovable places, i'd assume she does know, but maybe she just doesn't want to use it (maybe as a personal challenge).

Either way, this is likely the last season of the TV show before a major change happens. Maybe her canon spinjitzu color will finally be revealed.

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, there's four possible options for where the TV show goes.

1) Ignores the movie and continues its life in blissful ignorance until its inevitable death by trying to avoid sharks.

2) Cans itself for the movie and we never see it until someone thinks it's a good idea to reboot it.

3) The TV show embraces the movie and transports the main characters in the TV show realm.

4) The paradoxes and constant alteration of past events distorts the fabric of reality so much that our own universe collapses in on itself, ensuring nothing ever exists or ever will exist except for NINJAGO's retcons to keep the nonexistence in place. :tongue:

1) Ignores the movie and continues its life in blissful ignorance until its inevitable death by trying to avoid sharks.

2) Cans itself for the movie and we never see it until someone thinks it's a good idea to reboot it.

3) The TV show embraces the movie and transports the main characters in the TV show realm.

4) The paradoxes and constant alteration of past events distorts the fabric of reality so much that our own universe collapses in on itself, ensuring nothing ever exists or ever will exist except for NINJAGO's retcons to keep the nonexistence in place. :tongue:

5) Do something like X-men Days of Future Past and reset the whole timeline.

The Hageman Twitter said that this is only the beginning (dot dot dot)

Which means the TV show would likely incorporate the movie characters over, if the movie characters are 6 new people.

Since this is Ninjago's final season before a change, maybe after this season the originals will settle down and take apprentices?

It could be a good tie in to link the show and movie, like Ratchet and Clank (..... Ugh.)

What I'm more worried about is two things:

- the voice actors for the originals will be all celebs and they'll sound unfitting and just the fact that they're not the originals... I dunno...

- the visual appearance if the show will change, turning Ninjago into all Lego. Which in turn will ward off a good percentage of people who would have watched the show otherwise...

Edited by gamejutzu

Which means the TV show would likely incorporate the movie characters over, if the movie characters are 6 new people.

Since this is Ninjago's final season before a change, maybe after this season the originals will settle down and take apprentices?

It could be a good tie in to link the show and movie, like Ratchet and Clank (..... Ugh.)

- the voice actors for the originals will be all celebs and they'll sound unfitting and just the fact that they're not the originals... I dunno...

- the visual appearance if the show will change, turning Ninjago into all Lego. Which in turn will ward off a good percentage of people who would have watched the show otherwise...

Why on earth do you think changing the visual style to be built out of Lego would ward anyone off? I can't imagine there are many fans of the show who actively dislike Lego or think a more accurate style would be reason enough not to watch the movie.

Why on earth do you think changing the visual style to be built out of Lego would ward anyone off? I can't imagine there are many fans of the show who actively dislike Lego or think a more accurate style would be reason enough not to watch the movie.

I dunno. A lot of people think Ninjago is childish already, and then they see it turn into all Lego? That'd make them not even consider checking out the show.

Besides, Ninjago was never Lego, even since it's 2010 promo. It would be a bit unsettling to see a huge change like that with 0 explanation...

Only real way to provide one would be to reboot or end Ninjago and have a new series.

However, I do admit, I could fall in love with the movie's visual and animation style and actually be happy if Ninjago's visuals were replaced with that. However, it would need to be fitting to the show, not make it sillier (like with it's fights... I wouldn't want to see a fish fly out of nowhere or have someone slip comedically or something during an intense moment. Or something else classic Lego would do...).

Making a sudden departure (gradual either is or is nearly impossible) from the established artstyle of seven years would be the final nail in the coffin for me. You literally change everything about NINJAGO: the visuals, the animation style, the facial expressions, etc. It's a massive overhaul of content that simply isn't worth it, which comes as a slap in the face to both the art team and anyone in the fanbase that cares. Companies have tried this before and it ends in disaster, prime example is Halo. After the company Bungie stopped working on the franchise a new company called 343 Industries took over, and the entire artstyle changed from military realism to sci-fi futurism. It's not even a point of contention among fans, it's universally agreed that the new art style is complete and utter garbage in comparison. While something of that scale isn't going to happen here, I can't imagine everyone is going to be happy with it.

A change like this also needs a reason to happen. If we're going down the "LEGO incarnation of Titanic" route and see the ninja teleportaled into TLM, fine, whatever, the change is justified. But if it's only going to happen because someone in the marketing department thinks LEGO needs to have a "~unified aesthetic~" to promote brand recognition, then it's a terrible idea with no consideration for fans or why different products need to have different styles and modes of delivery.

Edited by Mandate

Making a sudden departure (gradual either is or is nearly impossible) from the established artstyle of seven years would be the final nail in the coffin for me. You literally change everything about NINJAGO: the visuals, the animation style, the facial expressions, etc. It's a massive overhaul of content that simply isn't worth it, which comes as a slap in the face to both the art team and anyone in the fanbase that cares. Companies have tried this before and it ends in disaster, prime example is Halo. After the company Bungie stopped working on the franchise a new company called 343 Industries took over, and the entire artstyle changed from military realism to sci-fi futurism. It's not even a point of contention among fans, it's universally agreed that the new art style is complete and utter garbage in comparison. While something of that scale isn't going to happen here, I can't imagine everyone is going to be happy with it.

A change like this also needs a reason to happen. If we're going down the "LEGO incarnation of Titanic" route and see the ninja teleportaled into TLM, fine, whatever, the change is justified. But if it's only going to happen because someone in the marketing department thinks LEGO needs to have a "~unified aesthetic~" to promote brand recognition, then it's a terrible idea with no consideration for fans or why different products need to have different styles and modes of delivery.

I don't think the idea of having a different style for the movies than for the TV shows would be anywhere near as disastrous as you make it out to be. For all we know they might be totally separate continuities. It wouldn't honestly be that surprising to me, considering that cinematic movies of other largely toy-driven media properties like Transformers and TMNT have generally had both a different visual style and a separate continuity from whatever cartoons they've happened to overlap with at any given time. This would be slightly different in that both universes would be animated (rather than one animated and one live action), but I think the same principle applies. While the non-LEGO environments of the Ninjago TV show may be distinctive to that show, and it would be shocking if the Ninjago TV show itself started having everything be brick-built, I do not think the lack of LEGO environments is an essential, indispensible aspect of the Ninjago brand. After all, the sets themselves use LEGO environments and yet don't feel inauthentic to the brand.

With that said, I'm kind of used to you blowing any kind of inconsistency in or around the show way out of proportion. If you think that I'm more open-minded about different visual styles because I don't care about LEGO Ninjago as much as you do, you're sadly mistaken. This series is profoundly important to me, and it's been amazing getting to watch it develop over the years. But with that said, when a video game, graphic novel, or yes, movie comes out that presents things slightly differently from how I'm used to seeing them in the show? That's cool too! I have no problem with that — particularly when the things that I think are actually a lot more important and less superficial to the series (like tone and characterization) remain reasonably consistent.

Edited by Aanchir

I don't think the idea of having a different style for the movies than for the TV shows would be anywhere near as disastrous as you make it out to be. For all we know they might be totally separate continuities. It wouldn't honestly be that surprising to me, considering that cinematic movies of other largely toy-driven media properties like Transformers and TMNT have generally had both a different visual style and a separate continuity from whatever cartoons they've happened to overlap with at any given time. This would be slightly different in that both universes would be animated (rather than one animated and one live action), but I think the same principle applies. While the non-LEGO environments of the Ninjago TV show may be distinctive to that show, and it would be shocking if the Ninjago TV show itself started having everything be brick-built, I do not think the lack of LEGO environments is an essential, indispensible aspect of the Ninjago brand. After all, the sets themselves use LEGO environments and yet don't feel inauthentic to the brand.

With that said, I'm kind of used to you blowing any kind of inconsistency in or around the show way out of proportion. If you think that I'm more open-minded about different visual styles because I don't care about LEGO Ninjago as much as you do, you're sadly mistaken. This series is profoundly important to me, and it's been amazing getting to watch it develop over the years. But with that said, when a video game, graphic novel, or yes, movie comes out that presents things slightly differently from how I'm used to seeing them in the show? That's cool too! I have no problem with that — particularly when the things that I think are actually a lot more important and less superficial to the series (like tone and characterization) remain reasonably consistent.

Oh lovely. Ad hominem.

I'll restate my argument so that what I said is clear: The current show, not a reboot, reimagining, film, comic book, video game, etc, does not need an artstyle overhaul, unless the current TV show has an explicit reason for it such as joining canon with TLM.

The TV show's art style has changed over the years, in my opinion both for better and for worse, and that's not the problem. The video games look different to the TV show, but that's not the problem. The comic books look different to the TV show, but nobody really cares anyway. The trading card art looks different to the TV show, and that's not the problem (as a matter of fact, I LOVE the card art). The LEGO Movie and its sequels look different to the TV show, and frankly I don't care. But if the current TV show isn't going to be directly tied into the film then there's a problem. But that problem isn't making things to look more like LEGO - it IS LEGO, and when things became more accurate to the sets I was more than grateful. The problem is that overhauling the artstyle is making a rapid departure from a clearly established part of the series. An artstyle is designed to make a product stand out and be visually distinct. Sometimes they evolve. It's the difference between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, the difference between Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It's like Iron Man's suit, each one is visually distinct (if you've got the eye for small details, that is) but you can always recognize who Iron Man is. NINJAGO has changed. The models aren't as cartoony as they used to be, they're often more detailed and "refined", stuff often looks reasonably accurate to the sets, with a few notable exceptions.

My complaints about NINJAGO are more often than not about consistency. The plot is undeniably filled with more holes than swiss cheese at this point, but when a particular season is good enough (Skybound) I can look past that. It's an undeniable flaw with the show because of how overt it is, and while believe it or not I'm not a huge fan of NINJAGO's aesthetic anyway, it's a matter of basic principle more than anything else: you don't mess around with established visuals while still in the same medium and/or series unless the changes you are making are beneficial or reasonable. I hold NINJAGO to a high standard because I (used to) love it, not because I want to spend my nights ranting on an online forum. I haven't, don't and never will care about who are "true fans" and who are not, but it's about respect for the franchise. If the writers already can't commit to keeping the story consistent (and it's often a matter of rephrasing words than anything else, and it would rarely if ever interfere with a newcomer's introduction to the series), what should I expect if Wilfilm can't commit to keeping the artstyle consistent? It was never about the LEGO for me, I just loved NINJAGO. I loved the ridiculousness and cheesiness of it all. Five ninja, a Samurai and an old Sensei with sass are tasked with saving their island home from the forces of evil and their many Macguffins. NINJAGO is a cartoon. It's not meant to look realistic. It's not meant to obey our laws of logic or have any sane expectation of what comes next, we just got a season about a four armed pirate genie from an alternate dimension for crying out loud. But that's the charm that it has. The artstyle was unintentional, a happy accident, a byproduct of what was easiest for Wilfilm to do at the time on a limited budget, but in the end it's what stuck and what fits the most. In The LEGO Movie they can build stuff out of LEGO because it's the LEGO movie. In NINJAGO they can build warplanes out of noodle machines because it's NINJAGO, it doesn't follow those rules. It's part of the tone and characterization of the series, and while it most certainly has changed over time completely altering it is unnecessary. It's such an iconic part of the series that only minor variations are used in stuff like Wu Cru that actively promote the TV series. At the end of the day, redoing every asset: Ninjago City, the ninja, the villains, etc costs a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere. Like hiring a proof reader.

That's why I'm against it. I don't believe they will change the artstyle completely now or ever, come the release of the film or a desire to change the way things are done, because I don't believe the Hageman brothers would be disrespectful enough to their own work to stoop down to fanfiction levels of "joining universes" and nor have I lost that much faith in LEGO's management or the direction of Wilfilm. But the art style is a crucial part of NINJAGO, and while I never particularly cared for or did enjoy it it's a part of NINJAGO that will be sorely missed. It's not detrimental to the series or the story. But if it ends up happening without a real reason for it, then it indicates to me either a crucial lack of understanding or respect for what they have created. If they were creating an entirely new series (such as how the movie seems to be happening), or a game, book, comic, etc where you shouldn't have an expectation of everything looking the same (even so, from what I've seen it's basically all consistent anyway) it wouldn't be an issue.

So, in summary: Artstyles can and do evolve and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I like(d) NINJAGO because it's ridiculous, and the artstyle reflects that. Changing it to fit TLM's style (without reason) is unnecessary and removes part of that charm, changing it to fit another artstyle is simply unnecessary and a waste of resources. It's a matter of principle as well, once something as core as the artstyle goes out the window there's no guarantee everything else won't. Having different artstyles for different products (such as a reboot) is fine and perfectly reasonable, but changing it right now is like swapping comic book artists mid-way through a comic: you don't do it. No, I don't care about "true fan" dramas, you care more about the characters and tone while I care more about the series as a whole. In the end we're actually agreeing on the same points. I'm just terrible at wording things.

Um no. No one confirmed or say anything about this is the final season and Ninjago will be reboot.

Um no. No one confirmed or say anything about this is the final season and Ninjago will be reboot.

Youre right... But do you expect the TV show to go on completely normally as if the movie didn't happen? The movie is going to change what happens in the show. More proof for this is how everything seems to be tidying up With the new season. As if it's satisfied with itself.

A lot of people here agree with this. This isn't the final season of Ninjago, this is just the last season of the show before a change happens as a result of the movie. This change may just be movie lore and characters being carried over to the show, or may even be a solid reboot.

People have accepted the fact that change is coming, but are worried what the change could actually be, myself included.

To be honest, I may actually be down for Lego visuals, not only if they give a good reason for it, but also if the artstyle doesn't make the show silly (for example, characters flailing their arms around instead of an actual choreographed fight scene.

I'd also like the Lego to just be there, without anything actually being built from it, or people acknowledging that it is Lego. The cool thing about Ninjago is how the ninja solve problems. Could you imagine how strange it would be if the ninja used Lego to defeat The Great Devourer? Or the Overlord?

Boinicle never used Lego either. Just pointing that out. No real corelation here. Just putting that out there.

Edited by gamejutzu

Youre right... But do you expect the TV show to go on completely normally as if the movie didn't happen? The movie is going to change what happens in the show. More proof for this is how everything seems to be tidying up With the new season. As if it's satisfied with itself.

A lot of people here agree with this. This isn't the final season of Ninjago, this is just the last season of the show before a change happens as a result of the movie. This change may just be movie lore and characters being carried over to the show, or may even be a solid reboot.

People have accepted the fact that change is coming, but are worried what the change could actually be, myself included.

It's not impossible for the TV show and movie to have separate continuities. That's how other merchandise-driven franchises like Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have handled things lately. Granted, that's a difference between animated cartoons and live action movies rather than animated cartoons and an animated movie. But it still shows that a toy line can handle separate ongoing continuities.

Of course, it's also possible that the movie universe and TV universe will be linked somehow, in which case they might influence each other or even share a continuity. But making them the same continuity could present problems if, say, the movie gets a sequel and then everything that happened in the TV show between the two movies has to be accounted for in the second. There are a lot of ways LEGO could handle things and I think it's too early to rule things out.

To be honest, I may actually be down for Lego visuals, not only if they give a good reason for it, but also if the artstyle doesn't make the show silly (for example, characters flailing their arms around instead of an actual choreographed fight scene.

I'd also like the Lego to just be there, without anything actually being built from it, or people acknowledging that it is Lego. The cool thing about Ninjago is how the ninja solve problems. Could you imagine how strange it would be if the ninja used Lego to defeat The Great Devourer? Or the Overlord?

Technically, the ninja DID use the tornado of creation to create the Ultra Sonic Raider in the season two finale. The tornado of creation, in all its appearances, pretty blatantly represents taking parts from the surrounding area and rebuilding them into something new, so it could arguably be even MORE effective in a world that's actually made of LEGO than in a world that isn't. I see absolutely no reason that building couldn't be incorporated into the story in other ways as well, especially if it's a different continuity.

I also see no reason to worry about fight scenes, as fight scenes in The LEGO Movie were generally pretty strong to begin with, and the creators of the LEGO Ninjago movie would have every reason to push its fight scene choreography even further. And as for the characters acknowledging that their world is LEGO, none of the LEGO characters in The LEGO Movie acknowledged that, so I don't expect it to be any different in this universe.

Boinicle never used Lego either. Just pointing that out. No real corelation here. Just putting that out there.

Bionicle is a very different series, and came out at a time when the LEGO Group was trying to target kids who didn't ordinarily like LEGO building. Ninjago, on the other hand, makes no apologies for being a LEGO theme. The main reasons the world isn't entirely made out of LEGO in the TV show are production constraints and British broadcast constraints (which Samuel Johnson discusses in this interview, in reference to Legends of Chima). A theatrical movie wouldn't face nearly such strict constraints in either of those categories.

Anyway, Season Six premieres Thursday, June 9th in the United States! There's also going to be a ten-hour marathon Sunday, June 5th consisting of the Season 3 finale and all of Seasons 4 and 5, if anybody needs to get caught up.

Wait, Skybound still hasn't aired in the US? Where's the Rise of the Villains?

Wait, Skybound still hasn't aired in the US? Where's the Rise of the Villains?

Nope. They aired the first episode of Skybound back in March as a "sneak peek" and ran a promo afterwards saying the show would return again in May. But obviously it got pushed back, possibly by the five week Steven Universe "In Too Deep" event this month since that has also been airing at 7:00 on Thursdays. Airing this season closer to the middle of the year rather than the first quarter might have been a strategic decision since Nexo Knights aired in January and March, so they didn't want to air such similar shows too close together. They also might've wanted position the Skybound premieres somewhere in between the March and August launch dates, since there are Skybound sets in both of those waves.

I know a lot of people have been really frustrated about this wait and especially about the unannounced schedule change. I don't mind waiting so much personally (the episodes are already made, after all), but I wish it hadn't taken this long to get a confirmed date when the series would be returning. I understand that's how a lot of kids' TV works, though — the networks don't want to show too much of their hand to their competitors until a couple weeks in advance. Getting new episodes announced on short notice happens with a lot of the other shows I watch too, like Steven Universe and Miraculous.

As for this almost certainly pushing Season 7 back in the United States, it'll be frustrating having to dodge spoilers from other countries, but I've been dealing with that for like three seasons now so I'm kind of used to it. And not having Season 7 air right when the sets come out might make it easier for me to avoid buying all the sets on impulse, meaning I can be on the lookout for good sales and deals.

One thing I'm still wondering is when seasons four and five will be added to Netflix.

Edited by Aanchir

Bionicle is a very different series, and came out at a time when The LEGO Group was trying to target kids who didn't ordinarily like LEGO building. Ninjago, on the other hand, makes no apologies for being a LEGO theme. The main reasons the world isn't entirely made out of LEGO in the TV show are production constraints and British broadcast constraints (which Samuel Johnson discusses in this interview, in reference to Legends of Chima). A theatrical movie wouldn't face nearly such strict constraints in either of those categories.

I know. In fact I don't even know why I put it there... :look:

Technically, the ninja DID use the tornado of creation to create The Ultra Sonic Raider in the season two finale. The tornado of creation, in all its appearances, pretty blatantly represents taking parts from the surrounding area and rebuilding them into something new, so it could arguably be even MORE effective in a world that's actually made of LEGO than in a world that isn't. I see absolutely no reason that building couldn't be incorporated into the story in other ways as well, especially if it's a different continuity.

I also see no reason to worry about fight scenes, as fight scenes in The LEGO Movie were generally pretty strong to begin with, and the creators of the LEGO Ninjago movie would have every reason to push its fight scene choreography even further. And as for the characters acknowledging that their world is LEGO, none of the LEGO characters in The LEGO Movie acknowledged that, so I don't expect it to be any different in this universe.

Well, the thing is, I really don't know how the story would bend itself so that Lego now exists. And even if LEGO does exist in the show, the ToC would just contribute to making what's built look nice and detailed.

The LEGO Movie had fight scenes, but it was pretty much one person taking down several people. How would a one-on-one fight look like? Would it look silly, well choreographed, or like something you'd see in the show previously?

Also, i'm pretty sure characters in TLM acknowledged the existence of Lego. Wyldstyle refers to "The Lego worlds", as different themes. And to add, they are seen holding bricks and adding them to others, as if they are trying to build something. Even if they don't call it Lego, they are aware that there are bricks lying around, and can use them to build things.

Edited by gamejutzu

Also, i'm pretty sure characters in TLM acknowledged the existence of Lego. Wyldstyle refers to "The Lego worlds", as different themes. And to add, they are seen holding bricks and adding them to others, as if they are trying to build something. Even if they don't call it Lego, they are aware that there are bricks lying around, and can use them to build things.

I think you're misremembering that quote from Wyldstyle. The word "LEGO" is actually not spoken by any character in The LEGO Movie, not even the human ones. LEGO Dimensions and I think also the LEGO Movie video game do break this rule, though (Unikitty specifically mentions "rainbow colored LEGO bricks" in one of the first cutscenes of LEGO Dimensions).

The characters in The LEGO Movie do hold bricks and put them together, but really, is that all that much different than putting things together from any other sort of materials. To the characters of The LEGO Movie, the parts they construct things from aren't strictly plastic bricks — they're wooden floorboards, metal beams, cinder blocks, mechanical parts like engines, etc.

Is the work of Emmet's construction team in the early scenes of the movie really much different from the ninja assembling the pier in Stiix and Stones? Is the characters of The LEGO Movie working together to build a spaceship to sneak into President Business's office building really that different from Nya and Dr. Julien working together to build vehicles on the Dark Island? Really, a lot of stuff is constructed over the course of the LEGO Ninjago TV series — the biggest difference from The LEGO Movie is that in Ninjago, a lot of the vehicles and things are built off-screen, and we only get to see it once it's finished. So I don't think you'd need to radically alter the story to incorporate more building, just show more of the sort of building we already know happens.

I think you're misremembering that quote from Wyldstyle. The word "LEGO" is actually not spoken by any character in The LEGO Movie, not even the human ones. LEGO Dimensions and I think also the LEGO Movie video game do break this rule, though (Unikitty specifically mentions "rainbow colored LEGO bricks" in one of the first cutscenes of LEGO Dimensions).

The characters in The LEGO Movie do hold bricks and put them together, but really, is that all that much different than putting things together from any other sort of materials. To the characters of The LEGO Movie, the parts they construct things from aren't strictly plastic bricks — they're wooden floorboards, metal beams, cinder blocks, mechanical parts like engines, etc.

Is the work of Emmet's construction team in the early scenes of the movie really much different from the ninja assembling the pier in Stiix and Stones? Is the characters of The LEGO Movie working together to build a spaceship to sneak into President Business's office building really that different from Nya and Dr. Julien working together to build vehicles on the Dark Island? Really, a lot of stuff is constructed over the course of the LEGO Ninjago TV series — the biggest difference from The LEGO Movie is that in Ninjago, a lot of the vehicles and things are built off-screen, and we only get to see it once it's finished. So I don't think you'd need to radically alter the story to incorporate more building, just show more of the sort of building we already know happens.

I suppose. I guess I was focusing more on the aesthetic differences. It may be an easy thing to provide an explanation, but others won't take it that well. Whether the transition makes sense or not, that doesn't mean people will like it.

Not saying I don't. But it'd need to actually work well.

Edited by gamejutzu

Apparently, a season 7 image is leaked on Ninjago.com 's video section banner.

The image leaked is General Cryptor holding the new technoblade.

Apparently, a season 7 image is leaked on Ninjago.com 's video section banner.

The image leaked is General Cryptor holding the new technoblade.

Lego has this one CGI artstyle where they make the characters similar to the show, but not really.

Like those Year of The Snakes trailers where a ninja fights a snake. Either way, it doesn't really look like a show image.

His armor piece looks like plastic and the torso printing is too bright and thin.

Edited by gamejutzu

A new video has been launched on lego.com! This is basically our first preview of the season showing us Samukai.

http://www.lego.com/...27768744483cfbd

I am curious how they will bring him back, since.. eh... *poof*. He wasn't seen in the ghost realm. Maybe he got sent to a different evil realm? I'm hoping this season expands on the realms once more.

I am curious how they will bring him back, since.. eh... *poof*. He wasn't seen in the ghost realm. Maybe he got sent to a different evil realm? I'm hoping this season expands on the realms once more.

Well that statue is holding one of the green crystal weapons so it seems more likely that they're going the "bring the statues back to life" route, which is probably for the best (after all, Samukai poofed, Pythor is allied with the Ninja, Cryptor exploded, Chen drowned with the Cursed Realm, and Morro disolved into the ocean.)

Well that statue is holding one of the green crystal weapons so it seems more likely that they're going the "bring the statues back to life" route, which is probably for the best (after all, Samukai poofed, Pythor is allied with the Ninja, Cryptor exploded, Chen drowned with the Cursed Realm, and Morro disolved into the ocean.)

That actually makes sense after all. In the Airjitzu Temple Grounds. Yang brought 2 statues to life to fight Nya and Lloyd.

My guess is Yang uses the lamp to empower the statues and animate them and when the Ninja manage to take one of the weapons from said statue. They revert back to a normal statue