Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Please do not attempt to discuss areas which is clearly not related or linked to the plot or story of the LEGO Ninjago TV series. Any form of derail or attempt to sway the discussion to any sort of unclear content may lead you to further follow up actions by the EB Staff.

Um, Jay in Kryptarium? Is there a new episode or plot leak (and where)?

In the sneak peek, Jay is on the run. I'm assuming either they were separated with no way of contact, or they are already captured.

And there is an episode titled "Enkrypted", likely relating to the prison.

If it's the latter, than maybe Jay just got lucky, or maybe they (police and/or pirates) did it on purpose?

Sorry if I sounded like I was talking about a leak or something :grin:

Edited by gamejutzu

We've got something new at last.

Neat, thanks for sharing. Never seen them do something like this before... First draft, so things may change. Perhaps this is a red herring and is one of the ninja's dreams of the days of fighting crime after being prosecuted and, well, not being able to fight crime anymore. Because the Skulkins are kinda out of the blue...

I can imagine right after this scene ends Jay wakes up and sees a wanted poster of himself or something...

Edited by legozebra

Neat, thanks for sharing. Never seen them do something like this before... First draft, so things may change. Perhaps this is a red herring and is one of the ninja's dreams of the days of fighting crime after being prosecuted and, well, not being able to fight crime anymore. Because the Skulkins are kinda out of the blue...

I can imagine right after this scene ends Jay wakes up and sees a wanted poster of himself or something...

Yeah, it could change, but remember the Hageman brothers already said that season 6 was already written. This is the official draft, but this was probably wriitten around June 2015 so the episode is already planned

the Skulkins are kinda out of the blue...

Not really. No Ninjago villain stays dead. It was only a matter of time before it got to him too. I really hope he has a black appearance, since he is the new king of shadows.

And how can Jay have a dream of fighting the skellies and him? The first two episodes were too tight to have anything like that in between. And it can't be in the mini movies, since he is dead by then. Lloyd wasn't even in the first season, how can he assist here?

But then again, could be a plot hole, it's not like there aren't any. Either way, it will be really nice to see them once again.

Edited by gamejutzu

Not really. No Ninjago villain stays dead. It was only a matter of time before it got to him too. I really hope he has a black appearance, since he is the new king of shadows.

And how can Jay have a dream of fighting the skellies and him? The first two episodes were too tight to have anything like that in between. And it can't be in the mini movies, since he is dead by then. Lloyd wasn't even in the first season, how can he assist here?

But then again, could be a plot hole, it's not like there aren't any. Either way, it will be really nice to see them once again.

He could be dreaming of the team fighting generic villains, and substituted the Skulkin and Samukai in...

We've got something new at last.

Nunchucks of lightning! My life is complete! It seems like they really bring the golden weapons back!

Please keep in mind that this is a first draft and to me it reads kinda like a dream sequence. Also note the lightning nun chucks, it could be "in medias res", and the rest of the episode or episodes could lead up to this point and Samukia could somehow be part of a wish turned nightmare. I pray Samukai does not come back. he definitely poofed.

Am I the only one that doesn't want the golden weapons back? I always thought they were kind of lame. The elemtal blades were much more interesting in my opinion. Besides that, it would be dumb if they suddenly come back. How would they turn the overlord's armor back into the weapons anyways?

I pray Samukai does not come back. he definitely poofed.

Zane poofed,

Stone Samurai took a dive.

Cryptor piffed

Pythor's alive,

and Julian literally died.

Haha!

But anyways, why don't you want him to come back? He has great potential as a strategist and king of the underworld/darkness. Also Wyplash. Yes.

Am I the only one that doesn't want the golden weapons back? I always thought they were kind of lame. The elemtal blades were much more interesting in my opinion. Besides that, it would be dumb if they suddenly come back. How would they turn the overlord's armor back into the weapons anyways?

Oh yeah, those blades are awesome (who said they got rid of them??), but the golden weapons (golden weapons 2.0??) are way more iconic.

To convert the golden armor into weapons, they just need to go to the Golden Peaks, duh.

Edited by gamejutzu

I kind of preferred the golden weapons. The elemental blades were cool, but there's something cool about each ninja having a different signature weapon, rather than signature weapons that are identical aside from their color and hilt shape.

It bothers me to this day that Lloyd and Nya so rarely get a signature weapon of any kind in the sets besides just generic katana. Just look at the characters' LEGO Dimensions packs. The four original ninja get their Golden Weapons and Sensei Wu gets his trusty staff, but Lloyd just gets gold swords and Nya just gets black ones.

Zane poofed,

Stone Samurai took a dive.

Cryptor piffed

Pythor's alive,

and Julian literally died.

Haha!

But anyways, why don't you want him to come back? He has great potential as a strategist and king of the underworld/darkness. Also Wyplash. Yes.

How so? He was ignorant and power hungry he had every right to poof. I really hope this is just a dream.

How so? He was ignorant and power hungry he had every right to poof. I really hope this is just a dream.

Garmadon was as even more power hungry than Samukai, at least Garmy wasn't waiting for years for the power.

How was he ignorant? Sure, he didn't understand Garmadon's plans, but the canon (first two) graphic novels showed him to he a genius, as well as even training some of his army to do inferior spinjitzu.

I'd love it for him to come back in one of the final seasons. But this one's fine.

This also reminds me of the pirate logo, how (may be a coincidence) the eyepatch is on the right, and Samukai's scar is on the right as well.

Samukai has been gone for three, four or five (they screwed up the continuity of seasons again) seasons now, and for four whole years. It's a bad idea to bring back a character that's been gone for that long, and had little relevance in the first place, because it's only going to shine light and how crazy the story is getting with loose ends. If it's a dream, then I guess it could work. However, this was a first draft of the script written more than a year ago, they wouldn't have been allowed to release this if it had any meaning to it. If it did, they would have released the clip itself like they did exactly one year ago today when we saw the beginning of season 4 and the only part of Kai VS Karloff we ever got to see.

Why do I have the awful feeling I'm going to be proven wrong when the new season comes out? :sceptic:

Edited by Mandate

Just thought of it, if this ISN´T a dream, then how would the ninja use their golden weapons and the djinn blades simultaneously?

Edited by bricksfan

I'm suprise nobody is talking about the temple of Dark and Light. A new temple would be cool, but there are already soo many.

I just hope they're referring to the Temple of Light, as it is going to become incredibly confusing if there is a "Temple of Light" and a "Temple of Light and Shadow".

Just thought of it, if this ISN´T a dream, then how would the ninja use their golden weapons and the djinn blades simultaneously?

Lol, maybe a nightmare?

I just hope they're referring to the Temple of Light, as it is going to become incredibly confusing if there is a "Temple of Light" and a "Temple of Light and Shadow".

Maybe the shadow temple merged with the original. Corruption maybe?

Samukai has been gone for three, four or five (they screwed up the continuity of seasons again) seasons now, and for four whole years. It's a bad idea to bring back a character that's been gone for that long, and had little relevance in the first place, because it's only going to shine light and how crazy the story is getting with loose ends.

Screwed it again? As in they did it more than once?

I could work, if they did end up making him return. IF they use a very good explanation so that you're not even mad.

Also, if no real life return is available, i'd really like for there to be more flashbacks (especially Samukai) depicting untold encounters. Such as events from the 2 canon graphic novels and the non-canon SoR (the scene where Ronin ships Zane to Chen for half price).

I am pretty sure the ninja won't use the djinn blade and djinn blades are most likely for Nadakhan to capture the ninja or stole their powers .

Also, I actually have a theory about Samukai and the golden weapons.

What if Samurai wasn't actually dead or turned into a portal the first place, maybe he is just trapped inside the weapons? And when the ninja are re-forging the golden weapons, Samukai escaped the weapons.

Edited by NinjaJayNuva

It's a very convoluted story. You see, in America the pilot episodes (being Way of the Ninja, The Golden Weapon, King of Shadows and Weapons of Destiny) were considered episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4, but not season 1, resulting in season 1 episode 1 Rise of the Snakes being the "true" first episode. Meanwhile, in CN US I believe these four episodes were condensed into one "movie", simply titled "Way of the Ninja", but still not season 1. Over here in Australia, "Way of the Ninja" was seen as season 1 in its entirety, in spite of this Rise of the Snakes was still called episode 1. If you think that's ridiculous; it does not stop there. You see, in America episodes 1 (Rise of the Snakes) through 13 (Day of the Great Devourer) were considered season 1, while episodes 14 (Darkness Shall Rise) through to 26 (Rise of the Spinjitzu Master) were considered season 2. Here in Australia (and many other countries) episodes 1 (Rise of the Snakes, not Way of the Ninja) through 26 were seen as season 2. The result of this is a mess of epic proportions, "missing" episodes and a near-confusing continuity that was not "fixed" until Rebooted showed up, being season 3 for everyone, everywhere unless you were one of the unlucky people that was confused about the continuity and saw the pilots as season 1, episodes 1 through 13 as season 2 and episodes 14 through 26 as season 3, in which case you would think that Rebooted was "season 4". Fortunately, the fanbase eventually realized what was going on and no one calls Rebooted season 4. However, these shenanigans are starting again. Over here I've seen disc copies of both the Tournament of Elements and Possession labeled as "Season 4" on the box art and even collections of them in one box as "Season 4". Unless the Hageman brothers were referring to season 6 as the second season for next year or the first of 2017 (both unlikely), the continuity of the seasons is getting screwed over again. Which is a shame, because we had just gotten past it too :sceptic:

It could just be the production stages, that script was written more than a year ago after all, but it's still a bit worrying.

I could work, if they did end up making him return. IF they use a very good explanation so that you're not even mad.

No. No more dead characters coming back. Samukai died, Julien died, Pythor died, Wu died (momentarily), the Overlord died, Garmadon died (again, momentarily), Pixal died, Cryptor died, Mindroid died, Zane died, the Overlord poofed, the Anacondrai Generals died, Clouse died, Garmadon died again (for "real" this time), Chen died, the entire army of cultists died, that one ghost that drove a motorbike died, Cole died, Garmadon died again, then Morro died again, etc. Nearly everything mentioned on this list has returned since its death. Debate them if you will, this show still has a problem with beating a dead horse so hard it comes back to life only to die moments later from the fatal beating it has just recieved.

Also, if no real life return is available, i'd really like for there to be more flashbacks (especially Samukai) depicting untold encounters. Such as events from the 2 canon graphic novels and the non-canon SoR (the scene where Ronin ships Zane to Chen for half price).

That would be great. As much as Julien's return was out-of-place (worth it for the pay-off though), seeing things such as the Skulkin getting their vehicles from him were ways that sewed the lore together and explained things in a way that made the franchise better.

Well, I´ve always consider them to be:

Pilot episodes: Season 1

Rise of the Snakes 1-13: Season 2

Rise of the Snakes/Stone Army 14-26: Season 3

Rebooted 25-34: Season 4

Tournament of Elements 35-44: Season 5

Possesion: 45-54: Season 6

Plus, on pages where you can watch the show online, they use that exact same listing.

Edited by bricksfan

Recall that the criteria for Ninjago deaths is that you have to see them literally poof out of existence, or have to be stated as naturally dead.

The only ones that apply here are Samukai (poof), the Stone Army (poof), Dr. Julien (pronounced dead with little story development remaining between him and Zane), the Overlord (poof), the Nindroids (poof, though Cryptor was in Kryptarium if I recall. Why? Because plot hole) Wrayth (poof) and Morro (drowns and due being a ghost, probably poofed.)

Anyone else "dead" is considered returning material aside from the Skullkin besides Kruncha and Nuckal (the Underworld was sealed shut with the latter two outside).

The Underworld was physically sealed, but there are still alternative ways of getting in (or out) using dragons or the realm crystal. Besides, they managed to get out of the Underworld during All of Nothing, what's to stop them from doing it again? Other than their obsolescence, of course.

The Underworld was physically sealed, but there are still alternative ways of getting in (or out) using dragons or the realm crystal. Besides, they managed to get out of the Underworld during All of Nothing, what's to stop them from doing it again? Other than their obsolescence, of course.

I think the Ultra Dragon (and it's component members) were the only breed that could get in. I know it's been stated that Dragons in general are the key, but can we actually consider the Ninja's Elemental Dragons as actual entities as opposed to manifestations of their elements?

The Realm Crystal was something that I completely forgot about. Could be some sort of means to leave the Underworld, but that still wouldn't explain Samukai returning (if he even is!).

I think the Ultra Dragon (and it's component members) were the only breed that could get in. I know it's been stated that Dragons in general are the key, but can we actually consider the Ninja's Elemental Dragons as actual entities as opposed to manifestations of their elements?

The Realm Crystal was something that I completely forgot about. Could be some sort of means to leave the Underworld, but that still wouldn't explain Samukai returning (if he even is!).

You need to be travelling very fast.

Well, I´ve always consider them to be:

Pilot episodes: Season 1

Rise of The Snakes: Season 2

Rise of The Snakes/The Overlord: Season 3

Rebooted: Season 4

Tournament of Elements: Season 5

Possesion:: Season 6

Plus, on pages where you can watch the show online, they use that exact same listing.

I know right? For me it's the same thing as well. Heck, even on some Youtube videos Lego themselves called them these seasons.

It's a very convoluted story. You see, in America the pilot episodes (being Way of the Ninja, The Golden Weapon, King of Shadows and Weapons of Destiny) were considered episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4, but not season 1, resulting in season 1 episode 1 Rise of the Snakes being the "true" first episode. Meanwhile, in CN US I believe these four episodes were condensed into one "movie", simply titled "Way of the Ninja", but still not season 1. Over here in Australia, "Way of the Ninja" was seen as season 1 in its entirety, in spite of this Rise of the Snakes was still called episode 1. If you think that's ridiculous; it does not stop there. You see, in America episodes 1 (Rise of the Snakes) through 13 (Day of the Great Devourer) were considered season 1, while episodes 14 (Darkness Shall Rise) through to 26 (Rise of the Spinjitzu Master) were considered season 2. Here in Australia (and many other countries) episodes 1 (Rise of the Snakes, not Way of the Ninja) through 26 were seen as season 2. The result of this is a mess of epic proportions, "missing" episodes and a near-confusing continuity that was not "fixed" until Rebooted showed up, being season 3 for everyone, everywhere unless you were one of the unlucky people that was confused about the continuity and saw the pilots as season 1, episodes 1 through 13 as season 2 and episodes 14 through 26 as season 3, in which case you would think that Rebooted was "season 4". Fortunately, the fanbase eventually realized what was going on and no one calls Rebooted season 4. However, these shenanigans are starting again. Over here I've seen disc copies of both the Tournament of Elements and Possession labeled as "Season 4" on the box art and even collections of them in one box as "Season 4". Unless the Hageman brothers were referring to season 6 as the second season for next year or the first of 2017 (both unlikely), the continuity of the seasons is getting screwed over again. Which is a shame, because we had just gotten past it too :sceptic:

How's that a problem? They can just give everyone a list of the Ninjago episodes and it's respective season, then say sorry. The first episodes being season 1 of course.

And Nuva has a point as well. Samukai, and golden weapons? Hrhmm.

Edited by gamejutzu