Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Okay, I'm catching up on the episodes, but can anyone explain why, if

ghosts are vulnerable to water, no one has thought of just spitting in their faces? They've had more than enough opportunities.

Okay, I'm catching up on the episodes, but can anyone explain why, if

ghosts are vulnerable to water, no one has thought of just spitting in their faces? They've had more than enough opportunities.

Can minifigs even spit? :tongue: Would that be enough water to stop a ghost or would it just give them a scar or something?

Considering that they have teeth and tongues, I'm guessing they have spit. Also, the

Preeminent has a pretty pathetic design for a main villain. An eyeball surrounded by tentacles doesn't look scary, it just reminds me of fried octopus rings and, as a result, makes me hungry. Seriously, why are tentacles such a common design motif in major villains?

Edited by DraikNova

Considering that they have teeth and tongues, I'm guessing they have spit. Also, the

Preeminent has a pretty pathetic design for a main villain. An eyeball surrounded by tentacles doesn't look scary, it just reminds me of fried octopus rings and, as a result, makes me hungry. Seriously, why are tentacles such a common design motif in major villains?

Hail Hydra

While the design of the preeminent sound boring, she looks teryfing to me. Especially when you realize her womb is full of chained people. And for fighting ghosts - the easiest way to fight them is to carry water tubes with cannons on backs and the ninjas would be safe.

Lego just revealed the Temple of Airjitzu set and the back of the box may have spoilers for the show.

Back of box: http://images.bricks...751_box5_na.jpg

In particular, there is a new character named claire.

In two panels, you see Jay hanging out with claire in secluded areas and may be even giving her a green flower (or a weed he just pulled up). So it's possible they are a romantic pair. And that may also mean that Nya has decided on Cole.

It was stated in the designer video that Claire was simply a tourist to the temple of airjitzu and we saw in the show that they were taking tours through there so I doubt her or the shop keeper will play a major part in the show. The set designers were just trying to find some more minifigures to include since they already decked it out with the whole team and they probably needed some actual residence for the village. I also believe that the show pretty well established that Cole was going to stay out of any relationship with Nya after the battle between Cole and Jay in the tournament of elements; and the boxart was likely just trying to feature all the minifigures in different ways.

No; the Tournament of Elements battle between Jay and Cole only showed that they were no longer going to fight over Nya. IIRC Jay noted that he had "lost" Nya, but that he was more upset over "losing" Cole as a friend. Nya still hasn't fully chosen between the two of them (I may be wrong on this as I'm not as familiar with Possession's episodes as the other seasons), but for all intensive purposes she's with Cole at the moment.

No; the Tournament of Elements battle between Jay and Cole only showed that they were no longer going to fight over Nya. IIRC Jay noted that he had "lost" Nya, but that he was more upset over "losing" Cole as a friend. Nya still hasn't fully chosen between the two of them (I may be wrong on this as I'm not as familiar with Possession's episodes as the other seasons), but for all intensive purposes she's with Cole at the moment.

About that...

Nya will choose Jay. In ep. 52, ninjas go to FSM's grave and there is a maze where they can see reflections of their future selves. Jay sees himself with Nya (and apparently without an eye) but Cole doesn't even see his reflection. Zane says he must have a reflection despite the fact he is a ghost. So there is no future Cole - after all that's happened in past 3 seasons I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off, actually, I think it's implied.

About that...

Nya will choose Jay. In ep. 52, ninjas go to FSM's grave and there is a maze where they can see reflections of their future selves. Jay sees himself with Nya (and apparently without an eye) but Cole doesn't even see his reflection. Zane says he must have a reflection despite the fact he is a ghost. So there is no future Cole - after all that's happened in past 3 seasons I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off, actually, I think it's implied.

I know right. I just finished watching episode 52, and

it's interesting how they all end up becoming Sensei, with attires similar to Wu's. But I instantly felt sad, because Cole has no future. :cry_sad:

....well, there goes my night. RIP Cole, you were probably killed by that guy in Diary of a Wimpy Kid that dumps water on people. I'm going to watch episode 52 soon... I thought I was done with NINJAGO, but I'll try and get the Temple of Airjitzu. Now that I know about the plot twists happening in the middle of the season, I might stick around a little longer :wink::tongue:

I know right. I just finished watching episode 52, and

it's interesting how they all end up becoming Sensei, with attires similar to Wu's. But I instantly felt sad, because Cole has no future. :cry_sad:

Common physics for ghosts in media are that either they can only be seen in mirrors, or that, if they can't be seen mirrors/reflections, they can only be seen in the "flesh" (so to speak).

The reason Cole cannot see himself is because, as a ghost, he's technically already dead. If he becomes remedied, fate should change.

Common physics for ghosts in media are that either they can only be seen in mirrors, or that, if they can't be seen mirrors/reflections, they can only be seen in the "flesh" (so to speak).

The reason Cole cannot see himself is because, as a ghost, he's technically already dead. If he becomes remedied, fate should change.

He is living, which means he is alive. Even if he wasn't, Zane does say ghosts must have a reflection, and if he is going to turn back to flesh at some point in future, picture of him as a human would be shown. Did you even watch the scene?

I'm guessing their reflections from episode 53 will be there designs for the Movie.

I was thinking the same thing. They are so well done and unique that they look like from some movie or set.

Edited by Cagast

He is living, which means he is alive. Even if he wasn't, Zane does say ghosts must have a reflection, and if he is going to turn back to flesh at some point in future, picture of him as a human would be shown. Did you even watch the scene?

"Ghost Cole" is his current state of being. Suppose that he has no reflection of his future because "Ghost Cole" no longer exists in the future. "Physical Cole" is the Cole that exists in the future, therefore "Physical Cole" is the only Cole that has a reflection. Look at it from that hypothetical perspective.

And for the record, I've watched the episode twice already. Please don't stir up needless and pointless trouble.

Speaking of Cole, the booklet included in the new Temple of Airjitzu set teases that Yang's temple may appear again in the story. I guess that returning to the temple could provide a way for Cole to be returned to normal.

http://brickzone.net.../70751-Book.jpg

Edited by JasonEffex

"Ghost Cole" is his current state of being. Suppose that he has no reflection of his future because "Ghost Cole" no longer exists in the future. "Physical Cole" is the Cole that exists in the future, therefore "Physical Cole" is the only Cole that has a reflection. Look at it from that hypothetical perspective.

And for the record, I've watched the episode twice already. Please don't stir up needless and pointless trouble.

No. Ultimately there is no difference between each "version" of Cole, both are physical and do exist physically albeit with different properties, hence why water kills ghosts like a sandbrickmario loves Disney! in Minecraft. Cole's body is dead, but Cole himself must still have a reflection in the mirror as it represents his future self, be he a ghost or not or even a vampire. The reflections show people what will become of their future selves - and more than just that, it shows important things in addition to themselves (such as Nya). Similarly, at the end of the Titanium Ninja Nya chose Cole, despite nothing being said or anything concrete being developed - it was the way the scene was portrayed that confirmed what happened.

Do I believe they're going to kill off Cole permanently, especially after they just killed Garmadon twice? I'm not sure. We'll probably find out next season. Maybe it will be time travel, or better yet an underwater year (PLEASE LEGO)

For those of you saying the ninja's robes in that scene are for the NINJAGO movie, just remember TLM and the NINJAGO TV show are in separate universes.

No. Ultimately there is no difference between each "version" of Cole, both are physical and do exist physically albeit with different properties, hence why water kills ghosts like a sandbrickmario loves Disney! in Minecraft. Cole's body is dead, but Cole himself must still have a reflection in the mirror as it represents his future self, be he a ghost or not or even a vampire. The reflections show people what will become of their future selves - and more than just that, it shows important things in addition to themselves (such as Nya). Similarly, at the end of the Titanium Ninja Nya chose Cole, despite nothing being said or anything concrete being developed - it was the way the scene was portrayed that confirmed what happened.

Do I believe they're going to kill off Cole permanently, especially after they just killed Garmadon twice? I'm not sure. We'll probably find out next season. Maybe it will be time travel, or better yet an underwater year (PLEASE LEGO)

For those of you saying the ninja's robes in that scene are for the NINJAGO movie, just remember TLM and the NINJAGO TV show are in separate universes.

Well, that's not to say that they wouldn't be able to share designs. But perhaps more importantly, the Ninjago movie is still over two years away so I question whether the character designs for it would even be finalized at this point.

Then you probably didn't understand it.

As Mandate said, they are not different beings. What makes ghost Cole different than flesh Cole? You should look at it from writer's perspective. The scene was put to make you wonder why he can't see his reflection - logically, because he has no future - and it stayed that way. If the reason is that ghost Cole is different person than flesh Cole (which is totally absurd), don't you think they would explain it? I think this is a clue of what will happen in future episodes, so if Cole's death does happen, it wouldn't be so shocking.

I would like underwater theme much, but this year is already way too much focused on water so it's less likely (Ronin Rex is a sub, water kills ghosts, the greatest enemy (Preeminent) is actually undersea monster, FSM's grave is underwater, Kai is aquaphobic, Nya is the water ninja, Stiix, the primary location is a city on water...)

However this belongs to Ninjago 2015 thread. Or 2016, tomorrow we're getting news from SDCC and hopefully a new product if it's not the temple again.

Ehhh... not really belonging in the 2015/6 thread if it's related to the story.

I said the same about Hiroshi's Labyrinth as I'm about to, and I don't even have a leg to stand on this time, but with the focus on water locations/objects wouldn't it make sense for a continuation of the story? Garmadon is stuck somewhere in the Preeminent (which is underwater), and if they went to the ToE to find Zane without a significant amount of second guessing it couldn't they do it another time?

Well I've seen every episode of the new series now. Time for some opinions. Though a bit jumbled

Nya now being a ninja doesn't bother me as much as before. I would like her to still use her Samurai X persona though. Perhaps she can become a Samurai of water. Though I wonder why when she unlocked her true potential she didn't go NRG

I do wonder if Cole will be a ghost forever. Although I guess it adds to his character like Zane being a Nindroid.

Shame that the vehicles were only used in the last 2 episodes (Save for Zane's mech). And Kai and Jay's air boards weren't used at all. But that not a first. Zane's walker from the Stone Army saga never appeared in the show. I did like that each of the ninja used there respective mechs and they weren't just recolors of Zane's mech.

The sword of sanctuary isn't as over powered as the user has to look into the swords reflection. So they might not react fast enough to constantly keep looking at the sword.

I didn't like that the people of the Sanctuary realm were deciders of destiny. It felt like everything the ninja did wasn't cause of them but because it was written. I would have had it that they instead recorded the history of everything in Ninjago.

If the First Spinjitsu Master created Ninjago. Did he create the 16 realms as well. Or perhaps he came from one of the 16 realms and created Ninjago as the 17th. I'd would take a guess that if he did. I would be the Sanctuary realm seeing as he left the sword there.

With the Preeminent destroyed there are now only 15 realms of ninjago. I had thought the cursed realm was where beings of Ninjago go when they die but that doesn't seem to be the case.(Perhaps another realm is Ninjago's afterlife) Although Morro dying in the caves of despair doesn't explain how he still got to the cursed realm. And we still don't know what happened to the Overlord when Zane destroyed him. Though I feel that may never get answered but there is still the golden armor. The realm crystal wasn't destroyed either so that may become another plot point.

Though even with the Preeminent destroyed there can still be ghosts. Sensei Yang can turn others into ghosts. Perhaps Morro became a ghost and then was sent to the cursed realm

And the Chima Crossover. That was not needed. I'd like to see someone edit that out of the last episode.

Edited by Takanuinuva

In connection with the

Chima Crossover what would happen if any human used chi? It makes normal animals humanoid versions. I'd love to see something like this as potential plot point in the future. Also if the serpentine were originally part of chime (possibly) could the great devoured be their legend beast?

Edited by The Lego Nolan

I know the Chima cameo has met with mixed reviews over here, but I just wanted to say that when Lloyd and Morro fell into Chima I loved the little glance Morro gave over towards the clueless animals and the instant they said "What are you guys doing here?" (or what ever it was they said) you could see Morro's brain go:"Nope" and he portal-ed them out of there after one second. In the other realms Morro at least made a minor effort to leave Lloyd behind but when they landed in Chima Morro was out as quickly as possible despite the fact him and Lloyd were practically on top of each other.

I find that the broadcast timing of this season Ninjago is off because none of the ghost-theme sets have been released in North America yet.

Now that this season has ended, I will predict:

Next season of Ninjago will deal with parallel worlds since the Sensei Wu have the Realm Crystal.

Cole will spend this time trying to get back normal.

I find that the broadcast timing of this season Ninjago is off because none of the ghost-theme sets have been released in North America yet.

Now that this season has ended, I will predict:

Next season of Ninjago will deal with parallel worlds since the Sensei Wu have the Realm Crystal.

Cole will spend this time trying to get back normal.

Alternate realms... Like the Ninjago movie realm??