Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

There are occasional marathons, but those are usually at the end of a season. I can see them doing a mini marathon for the first two episodes, though, as he first one is a cliffhanger leading directly to the second one...

Scratch that. They're also airing Ep 47 on July 1st, Ep 48 on July 2nd, and Ep 49 on July 3rd.

Scratch that. They're also airing Ep 47 on July 1st, Ep 48 on July 2nd, and Ep 49 on July 3rd.

Wow.... I wonder why the sudden push... The sets aren't even out in the US until August, so unless there's a lot more episodes in he season than usual, it's going to be done a lot quicker than usual... (Fingers crossed for more episodes than usual)

Edited by legozebra

Wow.... I wonder why the sudden push... The sets aren't even out in the US until August, so unless there's a lot more episodes in he season than usual, it's going to be done a lot quicker than usual... (Fingers crossed for more episodes than usual)

I have a feeling that it'll just be these few episodes to start at the end of the month. Then to keep things relevant until August, the Airjitzu spinners will release on July 1st (in the US). Eventually (probably sometime in the fall/early winter) the series will come back and finish out the story.

Just a theory, of course.

I don't think that would be a good idea unless they have another ghost series. I could see them doing 4 episodes now, and then maybe 4 episodes in August and them coming back with a new season and a new way in Dec or Jan

I don't think that would be a good idea unless they have another ghost series. I could see them doing 4 episodes now, and then maybe 4 episodes in August and them coming back with a new season and a new way in Dec or Jan

They'll probably end up doing something like this. It seems to me that at least US Cartoon Network is eager to air the show and then forget about it until a few new episodes come out.

According to a poster being handed out at most US Lego stores, all 10 episodes of the new season will be airing within two weeks of each other in the US. From June 29th to July 10th there will be a new episode every weekday!!

Just thought I'd confirm if not increase the credibility of the week-long of premiers coming up.

Edited by Penkid11

According to a poster being handed out at most US Lego stores, all 10 episodes will be airing within two weeks of each other in the US. From June 29th to July 10 there will be a new episode every weekday!!

Damn! We only get an episode every Saturday. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Just finished watching the episode, just need to find a way to send it to you guys. But anyway,

Episode review:

The watchman is messing around with the statues, arresting Garmadon, etc. But then Morro infiltrates the museum, somehow setting of the Lloyd statue, which repeats "I am the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master." The he turns around, only to be possessed by Morro.

The Ninja are fishing, with Kai's fear of water being shown, along with his care for his hair. Zane...coughs? It seems that they are hunting the 'Mutant Fang-Fish', which has been terrorising the local fishing village and depleting their food supplies. Kai also brags about catching a fish twice as large (Jay's horrible jokes return). Kai calls Lloyd a good leader, but he denies it, stating that they are a great team. Lloyd confesses that he sometimes loses his purpose without his father to guide him, and Kai shows his parallels, saying that he was lucky to have Nya watch over him after his father passed away, and promising to watch over Lloyd.

Wu has retired, and his teashop is called 'Steep Wisdom', and seems to be lacking customers. So Wu coaxes the Ninja into advertising for him by saying that he needs to fund their uniforms (who does Wu buy them form, anyway?). So the Ninja go off and disobey Wu's orders of not using their elemental powers in order to attract customers.

Meanwhile, Lloyd has traveled to their museum to investigate a break-in. But when he arrives, the security there say that they didn't call... The Allied Armour of Azure was taken by Morro, currently possessing the watchman. Lloyd is attacked and eventually possessed off-screen. After Lloyd is possessed, the Ninja immediately lose their powers, due to their powers being generated by him after Rebooted.

Back at Steep Wisdom, Wu and Misako have their first customer, but Morro attacks, quickly dispatching the Ninja. Wu's staff is actually his father's, and the engraved message comes out as powder, showing Spinjitzu/Airjitzu on the left, the Sword of Sanctuary in the middle, and a skull on the right.

Everyone evacuates on the Bounty, but Kai stays behind to reason with Lloyd, but just as Lloyd surfaces, Kai is scooped up by the Bounty. Morro uses his powers to hold them back, but Kai throws Nya forward to activate the larger engine. Wu then reveals that the Ninja were not his first pupils, Morro, The Master of Wind was.

EDIT 2: Never mind, just watch it here: https://www.youtube....h?v=QXypcZJX3x8, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfCq_nXCbZk

Edited by Ninja of Fire

When can we expect episode 46 (english)?

It depends where you live. I live in Australia, so we will get the episode next Saturday, I'm not so sure about the US, though.

When can we expect episode 46 (english)?

June 30th. Unless some English speaking/localized location releases them early.

As I said above:

According to a poster being handed out at most US Lego stores, all 10 episodes of the new season will be airing within two weeks of each other in the US. From June 29th to July 10th there will be a new episode every weekday!!

Edited by Penkid11

Did anyone else notice that they removed the "Lloyd went through puberty" line? It's a shame, that one was really funny.

its too bad as it was a funny line, but kind of strange, since he's an adult, :sceptic:

I wonder... was that actually part of the scene at first or was it dubbed in for the commercial? I'm curious if it is going to show up in a later episode... Of course, this could be another situation like the Zane-in-the-fridge scene, which was different depending on which country the episode aired in. (In the U.S., Kai finds a note in the fridge telling him that Zane has consumed the last of the deli meat and offering cheese, whereas another version from another country has Zane actually in the fridge, with Kai exclaiming "Holy baloney!" instead of "Huh?" when he opens the fridge.)

Damn! We only get an episode every Saturday. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Just finished watching the episode, just need to find a way to send it to you guys. But anyway,

Episode review:

The watchman is messing around with the statues, arresting Garmadon, etc. But then Morro infiltrates the museum, somehow setting of the Lloyd statue, which repeats "I am the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master." The he turns around, only to be possessed by Morro.

The Ninja are fishing, with Kai's fear of water being shown, along with his care for his hair. Zane...coughs? It seems that they are hunting the 'Mutant Fang-Fish', which has been terrorising the local fishing village and depleting their food supplies. Kai also brags about catching a fish twice as large (Jay's horrible jokes return). Kai calls Lloyd a good leader, but he denies it, stating that they are a great team. Lloyd confesses that he sometimes loses his purpose without his father to guide him, and Kai shows his parallels, saying that he was lucky to have Nya watch over him after his father passed away, and promising to watch over Lloyd.

Wu has retired, and his teashop is called 'Steep Wisdom', and seems to be lacking customers. So Wu coaxes the Ninja into advertising for him by saying that he needs to fund their uniforms (who does Wu buy them form, anyway?). So the Ninja go off and disobey Wu's orders of not using their elemental powers in order to attract customers.

Meanwhile, Lloyd has traveled to their museum to investigate a break-in. But when he arrives, the security there say that they didn't call... The Allied Armour of Azure was taken by Morro, currently possessing the watchman. Lloyd is attacked and eventually possessed off-screen. After Lloyd is possessed, the Ninja immediately lose their powers, due to their powers being generated by him after Rebooted.

Back at Steep Wisdom, Wu and Misako have their first customer, but Morro attacks, quickly dispatching the Ninja. Wu's staff is actually his father's, and the engraved message comes out as powder, showing Spinjitzu/Airjitzu on the left, the Sword of Sanctuary in the middle, and a skull on the right.

Everyone evacuates on the Bounty, but Kai stays behind to reason with Lloyd, but just as Lloyd surfaces, Kai is scooped up by the Bounty. Morro uses his powers to hold them back, but Kai throws Nya forward to activate the larger engine. Wu then reveals that the Ninja were not his first pupils, Morro, The Master of Wind was.

EDIT 2: Never mind, just watch it here: https://www.youtube....h?v=QXypcZJX3x8, https://www.youtube....h?v=pfCq_nXCbZk

Yay!

Wait a sec...

As a follower of the show from the beginning, I'm a tad bit annoyed by the retcons... Why do the ninja's powers hinge on Lloyd being ok? I assume it's because Lloyd split his own power to give them (or unlock their) powers at the Temple of Light in Rebooted, but last season stated that their powers came about because they were descendants of elemental masters... I guess the most plausible explanation is that their powers were dormant until Lloyd unlocked them, and now that his own power has been stolen by Morro, the ninja lost their halves, but it would have been nice for the show to explain that...

Edited by legozebra

I'm at a loss as to why the Hagemans felt the need to depower the ninja again. Even if they had their elemental abilities, would they really fare any better against Morro's wind?

I'm at a loss as to why the Hagemans felt the need to depower the ninja again. Even if they had their elemental abilities, would they really fare any better against Morro's wind?

Eh, lightning isn't really affected by wind... but agreed, I don't know why they were depowered AGAIN...and it doesn't even make much sense (See my earlier post in spoilers)

Edited by legozebra

Yay!

Wait a sec...

As a follower of the show from the beginning, I'm a tad bit annoyed by the retcons... Why do the ninja's powers hinge on Lloyd being ok? I assume it's because Lloyd split his own power to give them (or unlock their) powers at the Temple of Light in Rebooted, but last season stated that their powers came about because they were descendants of elemental masters... I guess the most plausible explanation is that their powers were dormant until Lloyd unlocked them, and now that his own power has been stolen by Morro, the ninja lost their halves, but it would have been nice for the show to explain that...

They lost their powers after the wind blew, so Morro's wind took them away.

I wonder... was that actually part of the scene at first or was it dubbed in for the commercial?

The scene was clearly cut out. You can see Jay saying it after Lloyd turns darker in the commercial, while in the actual episode, the scene doesn't exist at all. I see no reason why would they remove it, after a long time I actually found a Ninjago joke funny.

If you look at it...the ninja have only had their powers for half the series...I think it's weird they only have the ability to have their powers instead of having the ability...makes you wonder if the other elemental masters could have the same problem...

I don't know why they were depowered AGAIN...

I love how the ninja get all powered up at the end of every season, only to get nerfed again in the next one. Also, I wonder why the ninja can't inherently use their elemental powers (Spinjitzu doesn't count). First they unlock their true potential, gaining the ability to turn into pure elemental energy, only to have that power taken away when the Golden Weapons are out of their possession. Then they gain their elemental powers again with the Temple of Light's Elemental Blades, though they now lack the NRG forms, which is understandable, since that seems to be a Golden-Weapons-or-equivalent power. And then the Elemental Blades just disappear from Rebooted onwards. I can only assume the Elemental Blades must have self-destructed/vanished because they had served their purpose? And then Lloyd gives up what is left of his golden power to unlock the ninja's elemental powers again. And then Chen steals them. And then they get them back. And now Morro has apparently stolen them, either because he has possessed Lloyd, who unlocked their powers, the Allied Armor of Azure can steal elemental powers, or Wind can somehow steal elemental powers. This all makes plenty of sense, except that shouldn't the ninja (except maybe Zane) have inherent elemental powers? Maybe elemental genes are partially recessive or something.

I can only assume the Elemental Blades must have self-destructed/vanished because they had served their purpose?

I might be misremembering, but I thought there was a line at some point about how they'd returned them to the Temple of Light after the Overlord had been defeated.