Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I noticed. I was also distracted by the horrible jokes. The ones that not even the target audience would laugh at.

I'm 24 years old and I have found most of the jokes hilarious (on par with many of those from LEGO City Undercover). Don't presume to speak for everyone just because you didn't find them funny.

SoR isn't canon. Spinjago almost certainly never existed (and likely never will), Ronin is portrayed as a thief in Season 5 (rather than a for-hire merc) and the Hageman brothers never use "third-party" canon as official canon. And supposing that it actually is, nothing of importance whatsoever happens in the game. It's like Raiders of the Lost Ark - remove Indy from the movie, the overall outcome of the plot is exactly the same.

We found out how Zane got to Chen's island. Is that not something of importance?

You're all the time talking about how nothing outside the show is canon, but you never give any kind of source for that — you just expect people to take your word for it. I'm not under the illusion that every Ninjago story is fully canon (there are some that obviously contain huge contradictions), but just as in Star Wars or Bionicle, something not being fully canon doesn't necessarily make it completely non-canon, particularly since some of it might very well be based on material from the story bible (which we, as fans, do not get to see firsthand).

The Preeminent? The Overlord isn't Ninjago's greatest threat then? Or did The Overlord maybe go to the Cursed Realm when he was destroyed by Zane.

Maybe the Cursed Realm is where beings from Ninjago go when they die/banished. Hence why Morro is a ghost.

I also wonder if the Cursed Realm is the same realm Garmadon went to and got four arms.

Don't presume to speak for everyone just because you didn't find them funny.

Didn't you just do the exact same thing when you said the "characterization was on-point" that you "hardly notice"?

We found out how Zane got to Chen's island. Is that not something of importance?

You're all the time talking about how nothing outside the show is canon, but you never give any kind of source for that — you just expect people to take your word for it. I'm not under the illusion that every Ninjago story is fully canon (there are some that obviously contain huge contradictions), but just as in Star Wars or Bionicle, something not being fully canon doesn't necessarily make it completely non-canon, particularly since some of it might very well be based on material from the story bible (which we, as fans, do not get to see firsthand).

And in the process were introduced to one major useless location that will serve as a plot hole even if it is ever referenced again, pointlessly reintroduced to four locations to find Obsidian Weapons that are of such importance we've never been shown them before and a sloppy introduction to Ronin where he does nothing of overall importance.

The books aren't canon because they're never relied on for story progression or as you said, contain major contradictions with pre-existing canon. I've never seen the TV show rely on any of the original "Master of" books, and their place in the timeline doesn't fit very well either if both the skeletons and the ninja are racing to uncover the Golden Weapons. What of characters like the Phantom ninja? Or the Mayor of NNC? If an object can be fit into canon but is outweighed by the ridiculous contradictions. Even if either one, or both, are ostensibly shown to be canon by later story progresion there's still going to be the plot holes of both weighing it down.

As for your Star Wars example, the entire EU was decanonized some time back now.

The Preeminent? The Overlord isn't Ninjago's greatest threat then? Or did The Overlord maybe go to the Cursed Realm when he was destroyed by Zane.

Maybe the Cursed Realm is where beings from Ninjago go when they die/banished. Hence why Morro is a ghost.

I also wonder if the Cursed Realm is the same realm Garmadon went to and got four arms.

Cursed Realm is a different place. Frankly, I don't think the place Garmadon went to was ever named.

Didn't you just do the exact same thing when you said the "characterization was on-point" that you "hardly notice"?

Maybe my wording was a bit unclear, but I was speaking strictly for me and certainly never had the gall to pretend I could speak for the target audience.

Huh, so Patty Keys got a job as a tour guide?

So maybe that's why she was quite unpleasant toward the Ninja (from what I could tell, anyway).

Huh. That was an interesting episode...

First of all, Cole turns into a ghost... Wouldn't that make him invincible? I mean, he can't touch water now, but otherwise nothing else can hurt him... And he should be able to fly! Isn't that a good thing?

It seems like the Hagenman brothers are trying to pair up Nya and Ronin, which is an interesting decision. The only time Ronin shows any form of selflessness was when he decided not to save himself and rescue Nya in the cave... Seeing how the other ninja basically despise Ronin, I wonder how this will impact Jay and Cole. Just when I thought that annoying love triangle was over...

One minor nitpick: How did Jay's mech get into Nya's cave? There was no way they could have brought it back from the island...

Slightly unrelated - The ghost temple is most certainly the D2C set coming out later this year... the episode focuses on that and it's called the Temple on the Haunted Hill, so we'll probably be seeing minifig forms of Sensei Yang and his students... Maybe even Patty Keys?

Huh. That was an interesting episode...

First of all, Cole turns into a ghost... Wouldn't that make him invincible? I mean, he can't touch water now, but otherwise nothing else can hurt him... And he should be able to fly! Isn't that a good thing?

It seems like the Hagenman brothers are trying to pair up Nya and Ronin, which is an interesting decision. The only time Ronin shows any form of selflessness was when he decided not to save himself and rescue Nya in the cave... Seeing how the other ninja basically despise Ronin, I wonder how this will impact Jay and Cole. Just when I thought that annoying love triangle was over...

One minor nitpick: How did Jay's mech get into Nya's cave? There was no way they could have brought it back from the island...

Slightly unrelated - The ghost temple is most certainly the D2C set coming out later this year... the episode focuses on that and it's called the Temple on the Haunted Hill, so we'll probably be seeing minifig forms of Sensei Yang and his students... Maybe even Patty Keys?

Jay's Mech (this isn't a spoiler, it was in the trailers) got into the Samurai X cave the same way the Destiny's Bounty did, and I'm pretty sure relocating an entire ship into a small cave is a much greater feat than a 10-minute journey across the ocean.

Interestingly, the Italian episodes actually have the credits of the English voice actors which actually reveals Andrew Francis is playing Morro while Brian Dobson (who voiced Zugu) is Ronin.

With three episodes in, I guess they are going the Lavertus route with Garmadon and saving his return for later (or better yet, another season). I am surprised though that none of the Elemental Masters have even had a cameo yet. They went to all the trouble introducing them into the last season, you'd think at least would stop by at the tea shop for a visit.

Eh with the Hageman's writing, it'll more likely be seen as a miserable curse. Skylor and Garmadon were both turned into powerful Anacondrai, though it didn't do anything for them.

They're obviously going to find a way to cure Cole.

#garmadoniscured

Agreed for Cole, as ghosts will be irrelevant by next year and he needs a happy ending...

Everything becomes irrelevant by the next season ever since the Stone Army. Nindroids? Poof. Anacondrai? Gone already. I'd include the Serpentine and the Skulkin, but the Skulkin made an awesome appearance in All of Nothing and the Serpentine still had relevance as villains in season 2 until that was retconned in season 3. Ghosts will probably follow the same route, especially seeing as the Aeroblades are already possessed (no pun intended) by the ninja and Nya being the fourth "Chosen One" character. I'll be surprised if we even get a second ghost wave.

I miss the days when there was a clear advancement in overall plot. The Hageman brothers did a great job developing the world into a continuous story rather than mostly unconnected stories a la Chima. Seasons 3 and 4, while fantastic, didn't exactly leave any hinting behind that there was a larger force at work. Understandably LEGO's development of sets and the awkwardness of yet another "end of times" prophecy (which they actually did anyway) after the Ultimate Battle would make this difficult, but it's getting to the point that each season is connected only by a thread and mostly self-contained with no lasting effects.

I'm okay with Ninjago's more episodic nature. It makes it more easy for kids to get into Ninjago without watching everything that came before while the ongoing character development and the constant new reveals about Ninjago's and Wu's past are a bonus for long-time fans. I've really been enjoying the past two seasons and while I loved all that came before as well, I was getting tired of the Overlord by the Reboot season.

I don't really feel like making a YouTube account, so if you want to watch it, can you send me your secondary e-mail, I'll be using my secondary e-mail to send it to anyone who wants it.

I don't really feel like making a YouTube account, so if you want to watch it, can you send me your secondary e-mail, I'll be using my secondary e-mail to send it to anyone who wants it.

Done!

Hmm, the US Cartoon Network is airing Ep 45 on Monday and Ep 46 on Tuesday. Their schedule is only two weeks out, but I'm wondering if they're doing another "Week of Premiers" like they did with the last five episodes of season 4?

Hmm, the US Cartoon Network is airing Ep 45 on Monday and Ep 46 on Tuesday. Their schedule is only two weeks out, but I'm wondering if they're doing another "Week of Premiers" like they did with the last five episodes of season 4?

Are you kidding me? we only get one episode per week on Saturday.

Are you kidding me? we only get one episode per week on Saturday.

There are occasional marathons, but those are usually at the end of a season. I can see them doing a mini marathon for the first two episodes, though, as he first one is a cliffhanger leading directly to the second one...

Edited by legozebra