Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

It does seem that Wu took a gigantic leap in age at one point. I mean that if Garmadon was banished to the underworld after Lloyd was born he went from looking like this

, to how we know him now in Lloyd's lifetime, and even Lloyd is a ton younger than he looks. My new headcanon is that Wu drank some Morals tea at some point; he did know exactly what to look for when the ninja were turned to kids. It would also explain why Wu looks so much older than Garmadon despite the fact he is the younger brother. Edited by CET23

Wu probably looks older, because when Garmadon was banished to the Underworld, he probably stopped aging, and Wu aged normally.

I personally always pictured the master of fire and water in the serpentine battle as Kai and Nya's grandparents since to me they look older than Wu and Garmadon by like 5-10 years. Maybe the reason Garmadon looks younger than Wu is as simple as him dying his hair. But I think it would be plausible to believe that time in the underworld would be different so maybe garmadon is actually younger than him. And I think misako is just younger than him. the little girl tagging along on all their adventures when they were younger. its obvious garmadon couldn't logically have had lloyd before he was banished because he was like in his late 20's to 30's so maybe Misako used travellers tea to visit him because she wanted to bring him home but realized he was still evil so after having some brief adventure with him she leaves pregnant. this is still like probably 10 or 11 years before the ninja a formed. so i would say that the time from the serpentine war to now was probably about 50 to 70 years so Wu who was about 20 when it started is now somewhere between 70 and 80 years old.and Garmadon not only was in a place where time moved differently (we can assume) but his dark evil side was meant to stay in the underworld so when he's there he ages normally (but though it seems normal, maybe when he ages for a day Wu has been aging for a week because of time displacement) but his abilities are not made for the overworld so in theory when hes here in season 2/3 he could've not aged at all, having his powers keep him immortal for that time frame.

Now ronin is obviously not a great guy who lives in a dumpy old town that has recently been turned into a ghost town. literally. so if he is Kai's father than maybe, he was living happily with his wife at a blacksmith when, he gets wind (morro pun intended) of his father in danger. so he asks Wu to care for his children while he is away. whatever is attacking his father ( i would say it was chen. he did say he knew Kai's dad) probably beat him and his daughter in law. SOOOO lets say Ronin's wife, descendant of water, and his dad, master of fire both get killed. (or at least his wife), Ronin is grief stricken and becomes a hermit in a nearby village. he probably makes a lot of bad decisions, gets mixed up with the wrong crowd which leads him to where he is now. even if he isnt Kais dad that storyline could still work in the sense that KAI'S dad's in trouble and ronin teams up with Kai's mom to save him but they both die, so ronin blames himself, blah blah blah.

Lou obviously didn't agree with Cole's ninjitzu and was also obviously not a master himself. my theory for him is he had an older brothe who had inherited it but he was killed in a battle so when lou realized that cole had the same powers he tried to preve them from coming to light in fear that cole would meet the same fate as his uncle.

My theory for ed and edna is that due to their age they might not be Jay's actual parents. Maybe this battle with chen i mentioned earlier wasn't just with Kai's family. maybe When Ronin found out his father was being attacked or whatever he called upon his old friends to help him. ie Jays true father, Cole's Uncle, and Zane's inspiration (i'll get to it in a minute). so Ed and Edna who are like jays grandparents or great aunt and uncle, or something like that, are caring for him, while either Wu is caring for Kai and Nya or Kai was old enough that his father asked him to take care of his sister. And this battle goes south so that the only one left was Kai's dad, Ronin. after all his friends and wife die, he blames himself so goes into hiding and so ed and edna raise Jay as their own.

I like to think that chen must have needed help building all of his weaponry and machines on his island so along with Kai's grandfather, Zane's "father"ie creator was also being held there and being forced to build for chen. he is almost killed but is saved when the master of ice, who has no children, sacrifices himself to save the inventor. so when he builds zane he decides to build him in the image of the last descendant of ice. but when he uses some of the ice masters power (i want to say he kept a bit of his ice or something frozen, or maybe a scale from his dragon) and puts it in zane, the masters spirit is used to bring zane to life without the inventor even knowing it. so its not the actual ice master within him just his basic essence. (kind of like the vision and jarvis in avenger 2).

those are my headcanons and theories on the time and characters in the show. :head_back::tongue:

There's lots of discussion about age gaps in the show, so I think there's an easier way to settle this.

There are three types of Minifigures in LEGO TV shows and specials:

1. Minifigure with little legs. These are kids. Age is irrelevant, because as soon as the plot demands it, their legs will somehow grow. (Good thing Ninjago has potions!) That's what Lloyd was, but we don't know when he was born. We only know he was a "little legs" Minifigure until Season two.
  2. Minifigures with big legs who still haven't grown up yet. These Minifigs are clearly children trapped in an "adult's" body. All of the Ninja fit this description since they play video games all the time, can't hold a job longer than a week and make goofy jokes that are about as funny as the jokes on the side of a Pop-Tarts box. (Also, they never kill their enemies. Man of Steel, learn from this! )
  3. Minifigures with long legs and long beards. No, they don't have to have beards, but they have to be "older", and are considered anywhere from 1 to 899 generations older than the adolescent big leggers. These characters are portrayed as wise, but strangely never wiser than the 9-year olds watching TV downstairs in your family room.

Age is not relevant. Once you've determined a Minifigure's leg size, they can be whoever you want them to be, and the Hageman brothers know this. Just watch Garmadon come back from The Cursed Realm Hell with little legs and become Lloyd's son in season 7!

Just watch Garmadon come back from The Cursed Realm Hell with little legs and become Lloyd's son in season 7!

Actually, he will have super-long legs, anaconda tail.

^would he still be anacondria, because he ghost generals ended Chen's plot?

That would be hard to tell since the only one we witnessed turning back was Skylor and she didn't get any of Pythor's sweat on her while Garmadon did.

So do we actually know what the Aeroblades are ? Where they came from and what they do, and where did the ninjas find them. This is all to confusing for me ........

I know that they are the only thing that can change Lloyd from his ghosty self

also, by looking at Ronin, he appears to have one. So I'm not sure what thats about, this is also the first time we have a "special weapon" for all 5 male ninja

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

I know that they

[spoiler]

are the only thing that can change Lloyd from his ghosty self

also, by looking at Ronin, he appears to have one. So I'm not sure what thats about, this is also the first time we have a "special weapon" for all 5 male ninja

Please edit your spoiler. It didn't work.

It's not really a spoiler. It's very well known by now that Lloyd, like his father, will get possessed by xxXX|69ultimate-immortal-doomsday-warrior96|XXxx and that Aeroblades will make the undead re-die.

Wu probably looks older, because when Garmadon was banished to the Underworld, he probably stopped aging, and Wu aged normally.

Another thing to remember is that Garmadon had darker hair than Wu to begin with (Wu's hair as a child was blond, and Garmadon's was brown), so Garmadon's hair and eyebrows being grey while Wu's are white isn't that unusual.

I've been trying to comprehend the ages of Wu and Garmadon for quite a long time, but never come up with anything conclusive. Misako complicates things a bit, since that rules out the possibility that their extraordinarily long lifespans compared to other characters is not just a quirk of the First Spinjitzu Master's bloodline.

Another theory I've considered is that perhaps characters who have Spinjitzu age more slowly than those who do not, though this does not explain why the original Elemental Masters didn't live as long as Wu and Garmadon (didn't some of them have Spinjitzu?), nor does it answer the other big question of why Lloyd is just eight or so at the beginning of the series when Garmadon had presumably been banished to the Underworld for much longer than that (after all, he didn't have Spinjitzu until "Pirates vs. Ninja", and if the POTENTIAL for Spinjitzu were sufficient for slower aging, then the question of why the Elemental Masters didn't live longer becomes even greater.

Not sure if this is right, but

The Aeroblades were made from a "deep sea-increased material" according to Ronin from german translation.

Well, 'sea material' makes me think of water...

...and we know that the ghosts are vulnerable to water.

When did we get confirmation REX is a sub?

I don't think we did. Someone mentioned "sea material" and stuff happened.

Someone reuploaded the episodes in German, and I just finished watching them. I must say, so far Kai and Nya are quite annoying in this season. Anyways, here's some of the interesting things that happened in the episodes.

Episode 45:

The blue armor that Morro steals from the museum is what allows him to summon ghosts. After he posseses Lloyd, Morro goes to the tea shop to steal Wu's staff. He wants the staff because there is writing on it that can be used to find the First Spinjitzu Master's resting place. For some reason, Morro's return causes the ninja to lose their powers again. Kai is really obsessed with saving Lloyd, which I thought was quite out of character. There is also a bunch of talk about Lloyd being the leader, and throughout these episodes, each ninja tries to prove why he should be the new leader. This pretty much confirms that Cole isn't the leader anymore. :\

Episode 46:

After the fight scene at the beginning, Morro leaves with the staff. Wu is able to make a copy of the engravings, however. He then reveals that his father told him that he would leave behind a clue that would lead to his resting place, but Wu was never able to find this clue. Wu is still unable to decipher the writing on the staff, so they decide to call Misako. Zane sends the new falcon to find Misako, and while they wait for her, Wu tells the story of Morro. Morro was presumably an orphan, and Wu found him searching through the Monastery's trash cans. Since Garmadon was away training with Chen, Wu decided to take Morro as his own student. Morro does very well, and Wu discovers that he can control wind. This causes the Sensei to believe that his student may be the green ninja, and when he reveals this, Morro becomes arrogant and obsessive. However, the golden weapons reveal that Morro is not the green ninja, which causes him to become obsessed with proving his worth to Wu. Wu saves Morro from the Grundle, and afterwards Morro goes to find the First Spinjitzu Master's tomb. Apparently, Morro was banished to the Cursed Realm while searching. Misako deciphers the first part of the writing and reveals that they need to find the airjitzu scroll. Airjitzu is an art taught by Sensei Yang and it allows people to fly for a short time. Ronin stole the scroll, and for some reason, only the four ninja have met him before. It isn't revealed how they know him, but it's clear that hes an enemy. The ninja go to Stiix, and Nya, Wu, and Misako, go back to the tea shop. Wu and Misako say that Kai and Nya's dad was the master of fire, and their mom was the master of water. They tell Nya she needs to become the water ninja to fight the ghosts, and she faints.

I'll leave episode 47 for later, this post is long enough as it is.

Someone reuploaded the episodes in German, and I just finished watching them. I must say, so far Kai and Nya are quite annoying in this season. Anyways, here's some of the interesting things that happened in the episodes.

Episode 45:

The blue armor that Morro steals from the museum is what allows him to summon ghosts. After he posseses Lloyd, Morro goes to the tea shop to steal Wu's staff. He wants the staff because there is writing on it that can be used to find the First Spinjitzu Master's resting place. For some reason, Morro's return causes the ninja to lose their powers again. Kai is really obsessed with saving Lloyd, which I thought was quite out of character. There is also a bunch of talk about Lloyd being the leader, and throughout these episodes, each ninja tries to prove why he should be the new leader. This pretty much confirms that Cole isn't the leader anymore. :\

Episode 46:

After the fight scene at the beginning, Morro leaves with the staff. Wu is able to make a copy of the engravings, however. He then reveals that his father told him that he would leave behind a clue that would lead to his resting place, but Wu was never able to find this clue. Wu is still unable to decipher the writing on the staff, so they decide to call Misako. Zane sends the new falcon to find Misako, and while they wait for her, Wu tells the story of Morro. Morro was presumably an orphan, and Wu found him searching through the Monastery's trash cans. Since Garmadon was away training with Chen, Wu decided to take Morro as his own student. Morro does very well, and Wu discovers that he can control wind. This causes the Sensei to believe that his student may be the green ninja, and when he reveals this, Morro becomes arrogant and obsessive. However, the golden weapons reveal that Morro is not the green ninja, which causes him to become obsessed with proving his worth to Wu. Wu saves Morro from the Grundle, and afterwards Morro goes to find the First Spinjitzu Master's tomb. Apparently, Morro was banished to the Cursed Realm while searching. Misako deciphers the first part of the writing and reveals that they need to find the airjitzu scroll. Airjitzu is an art taught by Sensei Yang and it allows people to fly for a short time. Ronin stole the scroll, and for some reason, only the four ninja have met him before. It isn't revealed how they know him, but it's clear that hes an enemy. The ninja go to Stiix, and Nya, Wu, and Misako, go back to the tea shop. Wu and Misako say that Kai and Nya's dad was the master of fire, and their mom was the master of water. They tell Nya she needs to become the water ninja to fight the ghosts, and she faints.

I'll leave episode 47 for later, this post is long enough as it is.

Kai was obsessed with saving Lloyd as he promised to take care of him, now that Garmadon was gone. So the first drawing is about Airjitzu, but I wonder what the skull and the Sword of Sanctuary comes in. The Ninja met Ronin in SoR (so it's canon?). Can you tell us what happened during Wu's flashback when the scene turns to a painting of a ghost travelling through objects?

Edited by Ninja of Fire