Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Sorry, but I didn't see your post, and I still don't see it. If you posted it in Ninjago 2015 thread, it's a wrong place.

First of all, it doesn't say Ronin has a son (second of all, spoilers). It only says Ronin has a "so". Ronin has a "so"lar panel? A "so"rbet? A "so" fashionable set of armor? Doesn't he know that undead spirits are so last season? (lame pun intended)

First of all, it doesn't say Ronin has a son (second of all, spoilers). It only says Ronin has a "so". Ronin has a "so"lar panel? A "so"rbet? A "so" fashionable set of armor? Doesn't he know that undead spirits are so last season? (lame pun intended)

Also, it says "Ronan..." hehe

Please use spoiler tags. Thank you. :classic:

It's an extremely premature assumption. I think you're okay, and this is coming from me... :tongue:

Edited by Penkid11

It's an extremely premature assumption. I think you're okay, and this is coming from me... :tongue:

... Did you just say that? :grin:

Anyway, I think there is a small possibility that Ronin has a son, and that son is Kai. How do we know the elemental master of Fire in episode 40 is Kai's father? It could be his grandfather or even great grandfather, or even another relative. After all, the elemental master of earth looked nothing like Lou. Lots of people are saying that Kai cannot be Ronin's son as Ronin and the MOF in Ep40 look nothing alike, but that may be due to the fact that they're two different people.

If that's true, it is so stupid that Wu revealed Nya's power too soon. It would have been better if Ronin realized Nya and Kai were his children later in the season, and then told Nya she has water powers because only Ronin knew it. And what about Kai's father's dark secret which was mentioned by Chen?

When the first trailer for SoR came out, I thought Ronin looked too young to be Kai's father, but now it seems different. Ronin's blacksmith armor, fire/explosive abilities and the dark secret were perfect details that made me think Ronin is Kai's father...

Edited by Cagast

... Did you just say that? :grin:

Anyway, I think there is a small possibility that Ronin has a son, and that son is Kai. How do we know the elemental master of Fire in episode 40 is Kai's father? It could be his grandfather or even great grandfather, or even another relative. After all, the elemental master of earth looked nothing like Lou. Lots of people are saying that Kai cannot be Ronin's son as Ronin and the MOF in Ep40 look nothing alike, but that may be due to the fact that they're two different people.

There are so many issues with characters' ages in the series, it's not even funny, whether Ronin is the real deal or not.

Edited by Penkid11

Ronin's hair is brown, Kai's father's hair is black. I doubt he's been swallowed whole by a giant snake any time recently, and I'm fairly certain Kai would have recognized him by now if he was his father.

spoiler alert: ronin is kai from the future

Ronin's hair is brown, Kai's father's hair is black. I doubt he's been swallowed whole by a giant snake any time recently, and I'm fairly certain Kai would have recognized him by now if he was his father.

Do we know that the original Elemental Master of Fire in the flashback is Kai's father? That seems to be what everybody's been assuming since that flashback first aired, but for all we know it could be Kai's grandfather. After all, we know the original Elemental Master of Earth isn't Cole's father, which seems to confirm that there's room for another generation in between the original elemental masters and the four Ninja.

Kai's father did have black hair in the old AMEET handbook from 2011 but I don't know whether the TV show will adhere to the depictions of Kai's parents as seen in that guidebook. Probably depends on whether the person illustrating that guidebook was referencing any official, behind-the-scenes story material or just making up the non-set characters' appearances on their own.

Hmm, never thought of that... :look:

Do we know that the original Elemental Master of Fire in the flashback is Kai's father? That seems to be what everybody's been assuming since that flashback first aired, but for all we know it could be Kai's grandfather. After all, we know the original Elemental Master of Earth isn't Cole's father, which seems to confirm that there's room for another generation in between the original elemental masters and the four Ninja.

Kai's father did have black hair in the old AMEET handbook from 2011 but I don't know whether the TV show will adhere to the depictions of Kai's parents as seen in that guidebook. Probably depends on whether the person illustrating that guidebook was referencing any official, behind-the-scenes story material or just making up the non-set characters' appearances on their own.

Well if that's Kai's grandfather, then Wu and Garmadon must be way too old. But we can now assume that the Master of Water in the flashback is Kai and Nya's mother, so if she was there, then that Master of Fire is most probably Kai's father.

Well if that's Kai's grandfather, then Wu and Garmadon must be way too old.

Yes. And there are so many issues with their ages.

Wu is clearly many years into his life. In many of his flashbacks it shows him impressively young, alongside Garmadon, as well as the rest of the Elemental Masters. Wu isn't really the issue though, it's Garmadon (and Misako for that matter).

Sure Wu is old, but Garmadon is the older brother. Misako is also of age as well as she was childhood friends with both Senseis. Both of them are well past the age of having children, yet somehow they recently had a kid. Sure, medichlorians or gestation by destiny may be some sort of mumbo jumbo to cause this sort of thing to happen. Even then, if that happened Misako shouldn't have been able to carry Lloyd due to her age.

It's all so convoluted!

To add, due to the fact that someone who looked young alongside Wu and Garmadon in the flashbacks, i.e. the Master of Fire, if Ronin was the elemental Master of Fire, he would have to be Wu's age, and had the old man wrinkles to prove it. Maybe he's their grandfather? Maybe. Lou clearly not being the Master of Earth adds credence to this.

Let's not jump to the conclusion that Ronin is the Master of Fire from the flashbacks.

I'm afraid not. Lloyd was born before Garmadon was banished to the Underworld. Kai, Cole and Jay had to have been born before this point, but also before Garmadon/Misako/Wu had aged significantly. We know that Misako and Garmadon were a couple (or close to it) before the Serpentine War struck, and both the Master of Fire and Master of Water were featured prominently during the war.

Also, going by the "Lou never taught Cole anything" doesn't give any problems to what I have presented above. Why? Because none of the ninja were taught a single thing about their elemental powers by their inventor/parents. Weird stuff happens to the main characters in canon, and the insane number of retcons doesn't help anyone's case in trying to prove either version of the story.

spoiler alert: ronin is kai from the future

I thought Ronin's hair was a redish brown.

Yes. And there are so many issues with their ages.

Wu is clearly many years into his life. In many of his flashbacks it shows him impressively young, alongside Garmadon, as well as the rest of the Elemental Masters. Wu isn't really the issue though, it's Garmadon (and Misako for that matter).

Sure Wu is old, but Garmadon is the older brother. Misako is also of age as well as she was childhood friends with both Senseis. Both of them are well past the age of having children, yet somehow they recently had a kid. Sure, medichlorians or gestation by destiny may be some sort of mumbo jumbo to cause this sort of thing to happen. Even then, if that happened Misako shouldn't have been able to carry Lloyd due to her age.

I've always attributed this to the fact that

they are descendants of the First Spinjitzu Master. They could age slower. Not an explanation for Misako, but it helps with the rest. Otherwise, Ninjago is probably at most 200 years old. Just a theory I've used to explain some of the confusion.