Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I'm really loving episode 46 and 47, the latter one being one of the most enjoyable of all the Ninjago episodes to me. That action is just amazing, really professional, great job to the animators :thumbup: . Also quite some funny bits (Jay's German voice actor is pretty good :head_back: ) and some nice easter eggs to top it off.

I may have missed something, but where and when did the ninja get their new suits? What happened to the Zukin suits?

Edited by Agent Fusion

They hadn't got them in episode 44 (season 4 finale), yet they all have the new Deepstone robes from the very beginning in episode 45, strangely...

Well the zukin outfits were given to them for the tournaments from Chen so I feel like when they got back home they would want suits not originally owned by a crazy evil snake cultist

What, they don't take them apart to build better vehicles?

Well the 2013 vehicles were built using stuff on the Dark Island, everything in 2014 was made by Borg Industries, the Roto Jet was made out of noodle factory parts, Chen's forces created the Electro Mech (though why none of the cultists used one is anyone's guess), and the D.B. Express was made sometime during season 1/2 in case the Bounty was ever out of commission (pay no attention to episodes 14-17 and Season 3).

Edited by Vector Prime

I'm not looking for any plot details with this question but have we heard any english audio from any scenes with Ronin in them? I'm curious how he will sound compared to the Shadow of Ronin game where his voice acting felt pretty spot on for the character they were trying to portray.

Here's some more Airjitzu stuff from the show:

Something to point out is that Cole looks to be possessed whenever we see him in the trailer. We also see Kai with the Sword of Sanctuary on the ghost ship, and another floating temple.

I cant wait for airing in Czech Republic, this ghost series is very enjoyable.I probably hated only ninjago rebooted, so this is like fresh air...

I cant wait for airing in Czech Republic, this ghost series is very enjoyable.I probably hated only ninjago rebooted, so this is like fresh air...

I see so much hatred for Rebooted... they did a brilliant job introducing that season (IMO), even if The Void and The Titanium Ninja were somewhat lackluster (Titanium Ninja's first half isn't exactly the best, and the second half lost its impact after season 4). Honestly, I feel the exact opposite of what you're saying; this is the first season where everything feels so tiring, because everything that's happened before has already happened before in some way or just feels out of place.

When Morro and Kai fought together, I couldn't help but think of every other time we've had the exact same scenario play out. It's happened with Cole, Garmadon, Skylor, and probably a bunch of other times I can't remember. Someone gets possessed or altered, (now) cheesy "You're still in there somewhere!" speech, etc... And then there's special variants like Nya and PIXAL where they turned evil and the ninja did everything to avoid seriously hurting them. Then there's yet another ancient prophecy, and the talk with the anti/hero that has the solution to all the ninja's problems (Misako, Julien, Borg, Pythor and now Ronin). And all the while, there's nothing serious going on anymore to indicate something darker behind the scenes manipulating the ninja. At this point, each new season is becoming a self-isolated adventure that has no major repercussions on anything, with perhaps the exception of Morro; yet even that exception is an exception to itself in that Morro had zero relevance last season and only showed up for less than 3 seconds.

Every one of the ninja's adventures is no longer building up to an eventual climax with clear causes, effects and irreversible outcomes (yes, the Overlord was not revealed until late Season 2, but there was always the Green Ninja prophecy and the baggage that carried)

Aside from that, this season is a breath of fresh air in that Morro isn't a total loser, even if it feels like he's just running away all the time. His back story (which I can't wait to hear in English so it can be fully explained) is very interesting and helps to understand some of Sensei Wu's actions in earlier seasons.

I see so much hatred for Rebooted... they did a brilliant job introducing that season (IMO), even if The Void and The Titanium Ninja were somewhat lackluster (Titanium Ninja's first half isn't exactly the best, and the second half lost its impact after season 4). Honestly, I feel the exact opposite of what you're saying; this is the first season where everything feels so tiring, because everything that's happened before has already happened before in some way or just feels out of place.

When Morro and Kai fought together, I couldn't help but think of every other time we've had the exact same scenario play out. It's happened with Cole, Garmadon, Skylor, and probably a bunch of other times I can't remember. Someone gets possessed or altered, (now) cheesy "You're still in there somewhere!" speech, etc... And then there's special variants like Nya and PIXAL where they turned evil and the ninja did everything to avoid seriously hurting them. Then there's yet another ancient prophecy, and the talk with the anti/hero that has the solution to all the ninja's problems (Misako, Julien, Borg, Pythor and now Ronin). And all the while, there's nothing serious going on anymore to indicate something darker behind the scenes manipulating the ninja. At this point, each new season is becoming a self-isolated adventure that has no major repercussions on anything, with perhaps the exception of Morro; yet even that exception is an exception to itself in that Morro had zero relevance last season and only showed up for less than 3 seconds.

Every one of the ninja's adventures is no longer building up to an eventual climax with clear causes, effects and irreversible outcomes (yes, the Overlord was not revealed until late Season 2, but there was always the Green Ninja prophecy and the baggage that carried)

Aside from that, this season is a breath of fresh air in that Morro isn't a total loser, even if it feels like he's just running away all the time. His back story (which I can't wait to hear in English so it can be fully explained) is very interesting and helps to understand some of Sensei Wu's actions in earlier seasons.

I hope there's a plot twist somewhere along the way...

I hope there's a plot twist somewhere along the way...

Well, Ronin isn't Kai's father by this point unless hair dye is canonized, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Lloyd or Wu at the end of the season.

Or maybe they're all actually living in a giant moving statue of the First Spinjitzu Master. It worked for BIONICLE.

Huh, it seems like we may know what the Temple D2C will look like.

The airjitzu commercial's temple is huge, and if that thing isn't supposed to be a set, I'll eat my shoes. Some parts of it are even, in contrast to most of the rest of Ninjago, clearly built with LEGO. Sure, the temple will be a lot smaller in set form, but it definitely looks plausible as a set.

Edited by DraikNova

Huh, it seems like we may know what the Temple D2C will look like.

The airjitzu commercial's temple is huge, and if that thing isn't supposed to be a set, I'll eat my shoes. Some parts of it are even, in contrast to most of the rest of Ninjago, clearly built with LEGO. Sure, the temple will be a lot smaller in set form, but it definitely looks plausible as a set.

You mean this commercial?

So maybe it is some kind of temple where they learn Airjitzu, so rumoured name temple of airjitzu is probably true :blush: .

So, I was just about to watch the new Ninjago episodes in German, but it seems like they were taken down. I'm really sorry guys, I was going to do some translations but I was very busy these past few days. :sceptic:

Well, I do know that

Nya was denying being a Water Ninja when she was ranting angrily.

But of course people may have figured that out already.

I find it weird that you can "kill" the Ghosts with water, the Aeroblades I don't mind as much.

Edited by Boogly22238

So, I was just about to watch the new Ninjago episodes in German, but it seems like they were taken down. I'm really sorry guys, I was going to do some translations but I was very busy these past few days. :sceptic:

I got them, I'll reupload them when I get the chance... Be sure to download them, though...

-------------Spoilers please---------

I'm going to be Penkid now and ask you in all seriousness to please put your post in spoilers... thanks!

Edited by legozebra

If ghosts truly can be defeated with water (didn't Soul Archer get "killed" and then return the next episode?) then it's only a matter of time before someone realizes that Kai + Zane is the equivalent of a water ninja.

I find it super-convenient that the Realm Crystal just happens to be inside the FSM's tomb and just happens to be part of the mega-doom prophecy of the false green wind ninja and that the First Spinjitzu Master had no clue that any of this would ever happen.

edit: oops, forgot to add the end spoiler tag :P

Edited by Mandate

If ghosts truly can be defeated with water (didn't Soul Archer get "killed" and then return the next episode?) then it's only a matter of time before someone realizes that Kai + Zane is the equivalent of a water ninja.

I find it super-convenient that the Realm Crystal just happens to be inside the FSM's tomb and just happens to be part of the mega-doom prophecy of the false green wind ninja and that the First Spinjitzu Master had no clue that any of this would ever happen.

edit: oops, forgot to add the end spoiler tag :P

It was Wyrath that was banished on train station, not Soul Archer. :wink:

Anyway I'm really glad that we are back to 4 named generals (or in this case Ghost Masters) this wave. :wub: It was something that Stone Army, Nindroids and Cultist lacked.

It was Wyrath that was banished on train station, not Soul Archer. :wink:

Anyway I'm really glad that we are back to 4 named generals (or in this case Ghost Masters) this wave. :wub: It was something that Stone Army, Nindroids and Cultist lacked.

4 generals? Well, I don't know where you got that from but that could explain what Mandate said. Soul Archer might be just a name for thousands of other soldiers with same appearance.

4 generals? Well, I don't know where you got that from...

Chain Master Wrayth, Blade Master Bansha, Scythe Master Ghoultar, Bow Master Soul Archer are the four masters of the Ghost Warriors as revealed by product descriptions for the sets. It's similar in style to the Skullkin and Serpentine:

Samukai, Nuckal, Kruncha, Wyplash

Scales, Fangtom, Acidicus, Scalidor

I just had a closer look at the Airjitzu advertisement, and if you pause it directly at 0:24, (

), you can see that Kai has stolen the Sword of Sanctuary from Morro/Lloyd, and they are fighting on the ship that is in the City of Stiix.

I just had a closer look at the Airjitzu advertisement, and if you pause it directly at 0:24, (

), you can see that Kai has stolen the Sword of Sanctuary from Morro/Lloyd, and they are fighting on the ship that is in the City of Stiix.

Hrm... There's something off with that animation... First of all, the sword is clearly made from Lego, but it may just be a shift in animation style for the weapons, which usually look nothing like the Lego counterparts. To some extent, even the Stiix boat appears to be somewhat built with bricks... What's perplexing is the DB isn't, but its jet trails are static, making it seem like either an unfinished animation or a product animation...

Edited by legozebra

It seems that this is also from the German episodes (but later ones of course), so maybe there are differences between the English ones and the non-English ones.