Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Did you mean me?

Oops, yes I did. :blush:

What does the new intro have anything to do with FNaF?

Not the intro, the opening scene of the first episode. Animatronics and undead people possessing random junk.

The titanium... falcon.

I cannot overstate how much I loathe this decision.

Ooh, I'll definetly watch those later. I speak German, so I'll actually understand what they're saying.

now i wish I took that extra two years of german...

I took two years of German, and it still doesn't help. They speak way to fast!

Gentle, but bold-font reminder:

Please keep all information revealed in the show that is not evident in the official sets in spoiler tags please. Thank you for the extra step.

I actually hate this decision. A lot. I feel like The Falcon was Zane's last memory of his father... Unless this is the same falcon, just updated, I believe Zane cannot remember his father without his falcon...

I doubt they would kill off the old falcon and I do believe they will say it is the same falcon just updated.

idk, to me it looks like "titanium" falcon is just falcon with a bit of armor, not necessarily a new or rebuilt one.

idk, to me it looks like "titanium" falcon is just falcon with a bit of armor, not necessarily a new or rebuilt one.

lets hope so

Ooh, I'll definetly watch those later. I speak German, so I'll actually understand what they're saying.

Maybe you can translate it for us?

Agreed. If any German users or German-speaking users would care to give us plot synopses, that would be quite nice (in spoilers of course, for Penkid :wink: )

No way! Episodes 45,46, and 47...in German. https://www.youtube....7XBL6zhCwifgQFg

Now that's how you make a real (but still pirated :thumbdown: ) recording of a LEGO Ninjago episode. Just record the video inside the iPhone video player.That way, if your mom asks you if you want My Little Pony fruit snacks, the people watching the video won't have to fall for the lie that it's your little brother.

The amount of foreshadowing with water is annoying. It's way too obvious. I remember almost being genuinely surprised that Bariss Offee was behind the Jedi Temple bombing in The Clone Wars-except for the jokers who kept making up excuses that it would be her on some fan site-and I wish they would be more subtle.

Didn't someone claim that there was a Ronin-centric Shadow of Ronin flashback episode? Without spoiling episodes 45-47, I will say it wasn't one of them.

In particular, could you please translate

The diologue in Ronin's shop, as well as all conversations between Sensei Wu and Nya

Thanks!

The titanium... falcon.

I cannot overstate how much I loathe this decision.

Am I the only person content with it being entirely written out of the show? It serves little purpose other than the fact that fans expect it to show up.

I'm really annoyed at the way ghosts are handled in this season. It starts off with the first two episodes of them being all creepy and powerful, but they can be completely destroyed by a.) water and b.) the giant ninja stars. What's to keep the ninja from wearing water tanks and bringing squirt guns to the battle?

Also, the whole "Skreamers turn vehicles, people, and animals into ghosts" concept has been really overused, especially with the Fangpyre in Ninjago. It's also confusing - When Wrayth dismounted his motorbike in the second episode, it reverted to a regular motorbike. Why did it do that if they can transform signposts, animals, and even people to ghosts and have them stay that way without contact required?

The Titanium...Falcon? https://instagram.com/p/3Ip-8lHDDE/

EDIT: I wonder if Ronin lives in Stiix. If you look closely, you can see that both places have the stand with the hat and the mustache.

at 1:43 and
at 0:51.

The TV show reveals that he does, and it wasn't always a ghost city, just transformed by Skreamers (presumably. The show actually only showed a couple of signposts transforming...)

Anyway, I really like that attention to detail the TV animators had!

Edited by legozebra

I'll try to translate some parts of the episodes, as long as the sound quality is ok. I don't think I'll get to it today, but I may be able to do some tomorrow. One question though, how do you make text appear in spoiler tags? I'm still relatively new to posting on this site.

I'm really annoyed at the way ghosts are handled in this season. It starts off with the first two episodes of them being all creepy and powerful, but they can be completely destroyed by a.) water and b.) the giant ninja stars. What's to keep the ninja from wearing water tanks and bringing squirt guns to the battle?

Also, the whole "Skreamers turn vehicles, people, and animals into ghosts" concept has been really overused, especially with the Fangpyre in Ninjago. It's also confusing - When Wrayth dismounted his motorbike in the second episode, it reverted to a regular motorbike. Why did it do that if they can transform signposts, animals, and even people to ghosts and have them stay that way without contact required?

The TV show reveals that he does, and it wasn't always a ghost city, just transformed by Skreamers (presumably. The show actually only showed a couple of signposts transforming...)

Anyway, I really like that attention to detail the TV animators had!

I'm pretty sure that

Wrayth is a female character, and Soul Archer seems to be Morro's military General too.

I'm pretty sure that

Wrayth is a female character, and Soul Archer seems to be Morro's military General too.

Apologies, I'll edit my original post to reflect that.

Nevermind, seems like I was right...

I'll try to translate some parts of the episodes, as long as the sound quality is ok. I don't think I'll get to it today, but I may be able to do some tomorrow. One question though, how do you make text appear in spoiler tags? I'm still relatively new to posting on this site.

Use [spoiler ] then [/spoiler ] without the spaces

Edited by legozebra

I'm pretty sure that

What are you talking about? :wacko: Wrayth is clearly male (it is both visible on minifig and he is voiced by a man). The only one of 4 ghost generals that is female is Bansha.

Oh and from my very limited German it is what I could understood:

Wu and Misako tell Nya that her mother was a water ninja (after which she falls unconcious). Ronin really reminded me Jack Sparrow for some reason. :laugh: At the end of the episode Kai tells others that Ronin only agreed to help if ninja will later repay him by doing his house chores.

Edited by Krulis

Alright, new intro is awesome. New theme music is also cool, but like the Techno remix (and to some extent, the Anacondrai remix) it doesn't fit incredibly well. I'll update this post as I get through the episodes, but now I'm actually felling impressed with their work. Anyone know why they used the Grundel in the "previously on NINJAGO" thing though?

EDIT:

This might sound like I'm going insane over something small, but there was a sizable patch of grass on the outskirts of the Monastery in Wu's tail, particularly the area where (assuming it's the same Monastery) Garmadon jumped over the wall to retrieve Wu's katana. This is an incredible plot point, because if used correctly, it means we might get some level of consistency and explanation for previous plot points. Glad to see there's someone on the team that's trying to fix plot holes.

EDIT 2: Nevermind about the Grundel.

Edited by Mandate

Alright, new intro is awesome. New theme music is also cool, but like the Techno remix (and to some extent, the Anacondrai remix) it doesn't fit incredibly well. I'll update this post as I get through the episodes, but now I'm actually felling impressed with their work. Anyone know why they used the Grundel in the "previously on NINJAGO" thing though?

EDIT:

This might sound like I'm going insane over something small, but there was a sizable patch of grass on the outskirts of the Monastery in Wu's tail, particularly the area where (assuming it's the same Monastery) Garmadon jumped over the wall to retrieve Wu's katana. This is an incredible plot point, because if used correctly, it means we might get some level of consistency and explanation for previous plot points. Glad to see there's someone on the team that's trying to fix plot holes.

I agree about the new intro, it's really sweet! FIngers crossed that the music will be updated at a later point to reflect the Fold's new song, although it seems modified already... They've done it before when the Ninja Roll soundtrack was the After the Blackout soundtrack when Curtis Cheung uploaded it, but by the time Lego uploaded it on their YouTube channel they had changed the background to "Ninja Roll" to reflect the Fold's new music.

However, for some reason Zane is the only one who doesn't display his elemental powers during the clips... Hope he doesn't get downgraded yet again. (Does this count as spoilers? It's just speculation, so I'll leave it out here)

Also, I may have an explanation for the Grundal...

This is a bit far-fetched, but in the beginning of the first episode (ghost season-I can never keep the numbers straight :grin: ) the night guard comes across several statues and paintings of the ninja's past enemies, one of which was the Grundal. Perhaps the guard explained to Lloyd that (offscreen) Morro possessed the Grundal (among other things in the museum as we have seen) and attacked him with it, and kids that are new to Ninjago may not have gotten the reference. The same may go for the appearance of the Ninjago Talent show clips in the third episode's recap, because for some reason the (retconned??) Fang Blade Trophy is still a thing and plot relevant (I thought the Fang Blade was left in Ourobourus, but seeing as Ronin has a penchant for collecting stealing easter eggs for the audience Ninjago relics, he may have retrieved that from there.

Also, Nya already revealed as a water ninja? And by Sensei and Misako telling her?? That's gotta be the worst "surprise" reveal Ninjago's gotten... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by legozebra

Another look at Airjitzu, this time, Jay's:

Oh hey it's the electro-mech. Nice of the Ninja to bother actually keeping one of their old vehicles around instead of letting it rot at some far away place.

Edited by Vector Prime

It amuses me greatly that the ninja treat a vehicle that was given to them as a trap better than their pets.

Oh hey it's the electro-mech. Nice of the Ninja to bother actually keeping one of their old vehicles around instead of letting it rot at some far away place.

What, they don't take them apart to build better vehicles?

The Elemental Weapons are surely rotting in hell for the crime of being too powerful to keep on the show, but too trivial for the writers to care about. It seems that Greg Farshtey wasn't kidding when he said that ninjas are an "easy sell" for a theme...