Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

It's canon but it does absolutely nothing of importance. It's a disappointment, and a cash-in by both LEGO and Warner Brothers. The developer (TT Fusion) is notorious for producing some of the worst LEGO games - notably TLGM: The Game and LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Neither game was truly horrible, but they were both some of the most unoriginal takes in the LEGO franchise.

It's clear that the writers were very familiar with NINJAGO, but weren't of enough skill or with the flow of the plot to do anything notable. It feels like The Legend Reborn; the developers were too focused on "making their mark" that they went straight past anything important and/or good.

Ha, ha, ha. During the Day of the Dragon credits, there is a voiceover by Jacob.

"Hello? Hello? It's me, Jacob, the master of sound. I was hauled off to feed the serpent. Well, I fed it, but it doesn't want to eat anymore. Hello? Anyone?"

So I guess Clouse meant for Jacob to feed him food instead of him actually being food. So much for his death.

Speaking of credits, Ian James Corlett (who voices Chen) is also credited as Tox.

Sadly, viewing it in HD reveals some MAJOR production errors during the Anacondrai battle. The D.B. Express turns into the deflated blimp, then disappears altogether. The ElectroMech magically moves from the entrance to where the jets are parked until it also disappears. The anacondrai defy physics and slither up the walls at one point. One of the Culstists that first breaks free is one of the banished Anacondrai Generals, and during Eyezors reveal all the cultist anacondrai have been replaced by original Anacondrai.

Edited by Vector Prime

"Hello? Hello? It's me, Jacob, the master of sound. I was hauled off to feed the serpent. Well, I fed it, but it doesn't want to eat anymore. Hello? Anyone?"

So I guess Clouse meant for Jacob to feed him food instead of him actually being food. So much for his death.

...and there goes my entire opinion on Clouse.

Sigh, why do I have to be the only one that disliked this season? :sceptic:

I was hoping that Clouse would show up the next season, but this puts an end to that! LEGO probably added that line to make him a little more child-friendly.

Edited by Master_Data

I was looking for him (Jacob) after he was sent away and I think I saw him in the factory at some point after that (maybe in the forbidden element), but they might of just been using the character model as another prisoner.

Having now been able to look at each of the Elemental Dragons more closely, the elemental master playing the flute on a dragon in the Ep 40 flashback was riding Gravis' dragon. Which doesn't exactly help figuring out his element given that there is another master who was gravity.

Having now been able to look at each of the Elemental Dragons more closely, the elemental master playing the flute on a dragon in the Ep 40 flashback was riding Gravis' dragon. Which doesn't exactly help figuring out his element given that there is another master who was gravity.

Master of Mind perhaps?

Probably is. They have similar tunics to one another, unlike Gravis' "stone" style armor.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that the D2C temple is the "Temple of Airjitzu". After last season, they're going to have a tough time giving me a convincing enough reason for why none of this was ever explained before.

Yeah, that's probably the Master of The Mind, though I wonder if anyone's noticed that the dragons are slightly different at the head.

Yeah, that's probably the Master of The Mind, though I wonder if anyone's noticed that the dragons are slightly different at the head.

It's actually a pretty big difference, but the chains are different as well.

Theory incoming, the dragon's might manifest themselves with little differences for the different people that have controlled them over time rather than being exactly the same for each person. For instance I doubt the last master of ice's dragon had titanium accents.

Someone mentioned the first picture being the first soinjitzu master

There is really no proof to back this up and it was founded before we knew that the elemental masters could conjure dragons. Some people believed that the dragon was the Golden Dragon, and thus that was the FSM.

There is really no proof to back this up and it was founded before we knew that the elemental masters could conjure dragons. Some people believed that the dragon was the Golden Dragon, and thus that was the FSM.

Pretty much well this. Ever since episode 7 the FSM has been portrayed with a plaited pony tail (don't know the actual name sorry).

Ridiculous theorizing time! Morro is actually the FSM, who Garmadon banished after he was banned from using his phone!

That would just be...pathetic. No offense!

None taken. That entire "theory" was meant to be an unfunny joke.

I hope this Spoiler tag works...

So do you guys think that Skylor might of lost her power when Chen completed the spell? I just thought it was interesting that after the spell finished she never used her powers (of course this could be attributed to the fact that she was a snake). It could also be that the spell just took all of her copies and she still has the ability to reacquire those copies at a later time. What do you think?

Edit: It did!! :classic:

Edited by CET23

Yes. The spell required her element as well as all the others, so now they've gone poof. I'm not sure if the power/s have returned to her now, because as far as I know the spell was never completely broken seeing as Chen and everyone else was still depicted as a snake when they entered the Cursed Realm.

She might have regained her powers, because remember when Chen was Cursed, and she became normal again.

That's because they didn't give her the essence of a true Anacondrai. The same would be true of Garmadon (if we ever see him again). Mandate's correct - the spell was never broken, so she no longer has any elemental power.

I hadn't thought about the essence, but now that I think about it that means Garmadon's a loose end in regards to the spell after what Pythor did by accident. He'll either appear normally again, or he won't, assuming he ever pops in for a cup of tea an episode. We probably won't see Skylor again either, unless an army of giant noodle men is going to help fight Morro :tongue:

Someone over on the tumblr contacted Lego about Skylor's power. They claim she got them back

Hate to be the one to do this, but for the most part whatever the NINJAGO story team does gets ignored/vetoed by the Hageman brothers and Wilfilm. Case in point: Books/graphic novels/original visual dictionary VS TV show. The "established canon" at LEGO HQ is often different to the actual stuff. I'm just going to wait until we see Skylor again, if ever, to find out if it's canon or not.