Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Wow. I've just finished watching the season. It is, without a doubt, the best season yet. Chen is a complete and utter idiot, but Clouse and the anacondrai make up for it. Pythor is the same old pythor, aka awesomest ninjago villain yet... Wish we got more of the dragons and elemental fighters in sets. Maybe the upcoming D2C? I'm pretty sure Skylor is the mysterious azure ninja, or one of the other fighters. I'd love if it was Neuro......but I doubt it...... :hmpf_bad:

Morro looks like he will be an awesome villain. I hope Pythor, and maybe the other serpentine will return at some point (in the sets)... Really sad that we didn't get a second wave with more anacondrai, Anacondrai versions of Garmadon and Skylor, and more of the dragons........ Oh well.

I have to give this season a 6 out of 10 on a whole. It started out strong, but eventually it just got worse and worse and led to an ending that, for me, was lackluster and out of place. There was too much revealing about Ninjago's history, which makes everything before this season objectively worse because of how ridiculous it is that none of this was ever mentioned beforehand. There were so many retcons on top of retcons, ridiculous sub-plots that went nowhere, reduction of a character that saw so much use in Rebooted to the state of "Falcon 2.0", the lackluster and Outlands-like connection to the next season, and worse of all, that the only scary villain in the entire season was Clouse and his pet snake.

Really? The only season that is anywhere near as good, is Rebooted, which honestly suffered from a too fast moving plot, and a too futuristic design..

Edited by LK901

Wow. I've just finished watching the season. It is, without a doubt, the best season yet. Chen is a complete and utter idiot, but Clouse and the anacondrai make up for it. Pythor is the same old pythor, aka awesomest ninjago villain yet... Wish we got more of the dragons and elemental fighters in sets. Maybe the upcoming D2C? I'm pretty sure Skylor is the mysterious azure ninja, or one of the other fighters. I'd love if it was Neuro......but I doubt it...... :hmpf_bad:

Morro looks like he will be an awesome villain. I hope Pythor, and maybe the other serpentine will return at some point (in the sets)... Really sad that we didn't get a second wave with more anacondrai, Anacondrai versions of Garmadon and Skylor, and more of the dragons........ Oh well.

Really? The only season that is anywhere near as good, is Rebooted, which honestly suffered from a too fast moving plot, and a too futuristic design..

Every single sub-plot in this season went nowhere. "Descendants of Elemental Masters" sub-plot! Went nowhere.

"Elemental Dragons" sub-plot! Went absolutely nowhere, and spat on itself multiple times.

"Garmadon's past" sub-plot! Went almost nowhere, but did show up in time for the grand finale to make a weirdly contradictory ending.

"Garmadon and Skylor are Anacondrai too" sub-plot! This actually didn't even end up going anywhere at all, and I'm still wondering if Garmadon is now permanently an Anacondrai.

"PIXAL is now an AI" sub-plot! This had some awesome potential, but it went nowhere as well and downgraded PIXAL into the Falcon.

"Chen knows about your father" sub-plot! What was even the logic behind revealing that Chen knew something about Kai's past when they ultimately didn't even say anything about Kai's father?

Do I need to go on? The Anacondrai, who had no real build-up other than "Stoppable!" before being remixed into "Unstoppable!" felt so out of the place. They didn't even seem menacing in the end, every single one of them was just goofing off in some way as an attempt at replacing Kruncha (who was referred to as Frakjaw at one point) and Nuckal. There's no build-up to the reveal of the DB 2.0, and the DB X didn't do anything at all other than give Dareth time to goof off. The sudden reveal of magic being more than just that one thing they talked about once but never brought up again was just... weird. First it's not important, then suddenly it's a slap in the face with magic coming out of every possible place they can think of.

The ending is also out of place, Garmadon sacrifices himself and that makes everything perfectly fine with what he's done in the past? The emotionally charged moment where Lloyd leaves his father and then immediately comes back, making that entire section completely pointless? The fact that Morro just appears out of nowhere (where does SoR fit in now?) like the Hunters in Chima, and at the very first glance seems like a fiercer enemy than Chen but with the intelligence of the giant Stone Warrior.

Everything is told and not shown, and in the end nothing even led to anything other than a bunch of extra elements and the near-extermination of one element and the introduction to next season.

You're putting too much thought into the show guys. It's not supposed to be a complicated series. It's a children's show. :sceptic:

Edited by BringHimSoup

You're putting too much thought into the show guys. It's not supposed to be a complicated series. It's a children's show. :sceptic:

That's basically saying: "Oh, it's a children's show, so it's not like the writers should at least make a somewhat consistent timeline"

It's not supposed to have a big complicated storyline. It has a plot where kids can catch on quickly and not have to pay close attention to every little detail. If Ninjago was like that, it would have a much different audience.

Don't think too much into it.

Edited by BringHimSoup

I'm sorry, what? When did I say it needed a complicated story like BIONICLE's? When did anyone say that? You're confusing the words "consistent" and "complicated". What I want to see isn't a complicated story, but one that stays consistent with the pre-established canon. Not a series that jumps on every chance it can to stab the original 3 seasons in the gut with silly and/or ridiculous retcons that never needed to be made.

Being a kid's show is no excuse for lazy or stupid writing.

Even I have to say, ninjago is getting darker every season. After watching all of season 4, I'm very impressed, but I think Zane's return was alittle underrated, also The DB2's return was largly lackluster! I really hope the other elemental masters return to the show (or the movie)! I think morro's story arc will be interesting at the least.

I also think Sensei Garamdon's return is imminent. I expect a Vitruvious like return, if he does return he will be different looking.

I doubt Garmadon's gone for good. Since it was Lloyd who spoke the spell to banish Garmadon, I feel like to expel Morro, someone must banish him to the spirit realm by banishing him out of Lloyd, which hopefully makes sense... By expelling a spirit from Lloyd to the dark realm, perhaps Garmadon can come back....

Am I the only one who wishes that Zane stayed dead? As much as I love him, I think they should have kept him away for at least a year, rather than bringing him back right away. I feel like his sacrifice in the last season was just an excuse to bring him back as "The Titanium Ninja" in this season, which I guess is ok, but I really liked the idea of a broken team struggling to keep themselves together after losing a member. THEN bring him back a year or so later, give him a proper re-introduction, and give it a larger impact on the story that's not just "He's alive, let's save him!". I don't know, just my thoughts on the matter.

But regardless that being my only gripe, this is probably the best season yet. Ninjago's getting dark...I like it. :-)

Am I the only one who wishes that Zane stayed dead? As much as I love him, I think they should have kept him away for at least a year, rather than bringing him back right away. I feel like his sacrifice in the last season was just an excuse to bring him back as "The Titanium Ninja" in this season, which I guess is ok, but I really liked the idea of a broken team struggling to keep themselves together after losing a member. THEN bring him back a year or so later, give him a proper re-introduction, and give it a larger impact on the story that's not just "He's alive, let's save him!". I don't know, just my thoughts on the matter.

But regardless that being my only gripe, this is probably the best season yet. Ninjago's getting dark...I like it. :-)

Pretty much well every voiced character that has died (or thought to have been dead) has been brought back to life at some point. Julien, Zane, Pythor, Wu, the Overlord, Captain Soto and his pirates and finally, anyone and everyone that was banished to the Cursed Realm.

While Garmadon died, or is about to die, he's still alive at the moment no matter what. All that needs to be done is for the writers to incorporate some new magic blade and POOF! Garmadon returns.

Because of my own personal beliefs, I'm not a fan of the sudden and blatant usage of magic and spirits. So... I think you can cross me out as a fan from now on. Sorry guys, but my personal life comes before NINJAGO

Pretty much well every voiced character that has died (or thought to have been dead) has been brought back to life at some point. Julien, Zane, Pythor, Wu, the Overlord, Captain Soto and his pirates and finally, anyone and everyone that was banished to the Cursed Realm.

While Garmadon died, or is about to die, he's still alive at the moment no matter what. All that needs to be done is for the writers to incorporate some new magic blade and POOF! Garmadon returns.

Because of my own personal beliefs, I'm not a fan of the sudden and blatant usage of magic and spirits. So... I think you can cross me out as a fan from now on. Sorry guys, but my personal life comes before NINJAGO

That's interesting, I don't mean to question your beliefs, and presumably your faith, I've always thought Ninjago has been good about kinda mixing that in. Not to make this or Ninjago about faith, but it's all about Light and Dark and sacrifice for the greater good. Just me personally...

That's interesting, I don't mean to question your beliefs, and presumably your faith, I've always thought Ninjago has been good about kinda mixing that in. Not to make this or Ninjago about faith, but it's all about Light and Dark and sacrifice for the greater good. Just me personally...

As did I. But now... NINJAGO just isn't for me anymore. It's not so much bringing in magic to the story than it is the fact that the main characters use it and that they actually chant the (pig latin) words. And then the whole spirits thing, and people getting cursed to what would be the Ninjago equivalent of hell, I just can't continue to support the franchise. I'll end this the way I started it, by buying an Airjitzu Jay spinner. But after that, I'm done with NINJAGO.

Farewell guys. I've had a great time talking to you guys and getting to know you all, but it's time for me to leave.

This discussion seems rather silly. Saying that, because it's a children's show, it cannot be complicated or consistent? Both of those things are very possible. Really, assuming that kids are too stupid to understand a complicated plot, even if you show them what's going on, is laughable.

Also, while I'm not a fan of the whole cursed realm and Anacondrai spirits plot element, I don't really see where a tv show would conflict with your beliefs.

Edited by DraikNova

I think it's more the use of dark magic by the main characters. Some people just don't like that kinda thing. I really don' want to turn this into discussion over beliefs and I don't think the moderators want to here it.

I personally think Ninjago has matured greatly in the last year, Avatar is the first thing to come to mind.

I'm not saying that children are stupid. I'm saying that this show is made for children, not adults. So it's not going to be whatever you want. Lego's main target is children, you can't forget that.

I think it's more the use of dark magic by the main characters. Some people just don't like that kinda thing. I really don' want to turn this into discussion over beliefs and I don't think the moderators want to here it.

I personally think Ninjago has matured greatly in the last year, Avatar is the first thing to come to mind.

I'm personally glad that Ninjago is taking a darker and more mature tone. Hopefully the ghosts won't be all goofy, but more serious and dark. I remember someone saying how they hoped that Ninjago would take a darker tone, and now the uproar because it did precisely that......

The LEGO fan community can be divided :tongue:

I'm not saying that children are stupid. I'm saying that this show is made for children, not adults. So it's not going to be whatever you want.

I'm just saying that children can understand complication perfectly well, and you said that they can't. What you said implied that you think they are not intelligent enough to do so. Having to pay attention to every little detail isn't necessary even with a complicated plot, and, considering how engrossed a child can get when watching a tv program, I wouldn't be surprised if they were more likely to do so than adults.

Could Morro be Garmadon's spirit, somehow? At the end, when you see him, before he says 'Morrrrooo', you can see him performing spinjitzu. Since only the ninja, and their allies are ever shown doing spinjitzu, it seems to point towards him being Garmadon......

Just a thought, I'm probably wrong here.

Edited by LK901

Could Morro be Garmadon's spirit, somehow? At the end, when you see him, before he says 'Morrrrooo', you can see him performing spinjitzu. Since only the ninja, and there allies are ever shown doing spinjitzu, it seems to point towards him being Garmadon......

Just a thought, I'm probably wrong here.

It's certainly not Garmadon. They look nothing alike. At toy fair it was said that Morro is an ancient ninja spirit so that is the reason he knows Spinjitzu. Also not only ninja can use it - Nya was able to do that when she was turned evil on Dark Island.

It's certainly not Garmadon. They look nothing alike. At toy fair it was said that Morro is an ancient ninja spirit so that is the reason he knows Spinjitzu. Also not only ninja can use it - Nya was able to do that when she was turned evil on Dark Island.

I think you misread my post: "Since only the ninja, and their allies"... It would make sense if he was a former ninja, though

Edited by LK901

It kind of annoys me that you didn't see that typo even after writing it again. Anyway, I doubt Morro is Garmadon. Not only would that make the drama of that scene even more pointless, but I'm pretty sure that's not even Spinjitzu, just smoke.

It kind of annoys me that you didn't see that typo even after writing it again. Anyway, I doubt Morro is Garmadon. Not only would that make the drama of that scene even more pointless, but I'm pretty sure that's not even Spinjitzu, just smoke.

Sorry! I just copied and pasted it, without checking the spelling.... :blush:

It looks like spinjitzu to me..... And garmadon could have been possessed by Chen........ :sceptic:

Sorry! I just copied and pasted it, without checking the spelling.... :blush:

It looks like spinjitzu to me..... And garmadon could have been possessed by Chen........ :sceptic:

Nah, he is a new villian. Pretty sure that Lloyd acidently realesed him when banishing his father (spell included Morro said few times). And DraikNova is right it was just a dark cloud not Spinjitzu.

Also theory about Chen possesing Garmadon is just ridicolous. No offense.

Nah, he is a new villian. Pretty sure that Lloyd acidently realesed him when banishing his father (spell included Morro said few times). And DraikNova is right it was just a dark cloud not Spinjitzu.

Also theory about Chen possesing Garmadon is just ridicolous. No offense.

Still looks like spinjitzu to me.....

And no offence taken :classic: I'm just throwing out ideas, most of them are probably ridiculous :tongue: