Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

That's the earlier (fake) synopsis for Pirates Vs. Ninja from IMDB. Good to know that whoever put that guide together checked their work. :hmpf:

Ah, the ever-relient Aanchir strikes again!

But it's long enough waiting a week for the next episode but TWO weeks! :oh3: This has not been a good week. I hope the next episode makes up for this news.

Somebody uploaded it in three parts!

EDIT: Lloyd's new form has been added to the intro.

EDIT2: That was one confusing episode. Now how was Lloyd transformed into an adult if the Grundle he used that time-tea thing on was never reanimated?

Edited by DraikNova

Somebody uploaded it in three parts!

EDIT: Lloyd's new form has been added to the intro.

EDIT2: That was one confusing episode. Now how was Lloyd transformed into an adult if the Grundle he used that time-tea thing on was never reanimated?

That was interesting episode. :laugh: However I can't wait to see it in better quality.

The latest episode ("Wrong Place, Wrong Time") was great, but a real mind screw. Alternate timelines certainly don't make being a wiki editor any easier!

The really confusing thing is that somehow, even though the Mega-Weapon of the present was destroyed in the past, it seems never to have existed in the present time of the new timeline. Since the star created by the Mega-Weapon's destruction still exists in the new present, the only thing we can assume is that while the Mega-Weapon's destruction sent the Ninja and Lord Garmadon back to the present, it did not undo the intervention they had made in the past, and that somehow the changes that took place allowed the timeline to proceed as normal for the most part but caused the Mega-Weapon never to have been created.

Needless to say, there are a lot of unanswered questions. For instance, if the Mega-Weapon was never created, what became of the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu? Does Lord Garmadon, in the new timeline, still have them?

The latest episode ("Wrong Place, Wrong Time") was great, but a real mind screw. Alternate timelines certainly don't make being a wiki editor any easier!

The really confusing thing is that somehow, even though the Mega-Weapon of the present was destroyed in the past, it seems never to have existed in the present time of the new timeline. Since the star created by the Mega-Weapon's destruction still exists in the new present, the only thing we can assume is that while the Mega-Weapon's destruction sent the Ninja and Lord Garmadon back to the present, it did not undo the intervention they had made in the past, and that somehow the changes that took place allowed the timeline to proceed as normal for the most part but caused the Mega-Weapon never to have been created.

Needless to say, there are a lot of unanswered questions. For instance, if the Mega-Weapon was never created, what became of the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu? Does Lord Garmadon, in the new timeline, still have them?

Yeah, that leaves a lot of questions. I guess we'll see whether Lord Garmadon has the Weapon in the next episode, but it would seem to me like he shouldn't. But that would mean that Lloyd couldn't be tall, the ninjas shouldn't have the bounty, in fact Lord Garmadon never should have gotten out of the underworld! It doesn't make sense. . . :sceptic:

Yeah, that leaves a lot of questions. I guess we'll see whether Lord Garmadon has the Weapon in the next episode, but it would seem to me like he shouldn't. But that would mean that Lloyd couldn't be tall, the ninjas shouldn't have the bounty, in fact Lord Garmadon never should have gotten out of the underworld! It doesn't make sense. . . :sceptic:

Lord Garmadon getting out of the underworld doesn't seem like too great a contradiction IMO. After the Ninja and Lord Garmadon returned to the present, the younger Kai, Nya, and Sensei Wu would still be in the Fire Temple, with the Skeleton Army nearby. It's easy to imagine that the Golden Weapons could still have wound up in the Underworld, where Samukai would attempt to betray Lord Garmadon as usual and the plot would continue relatively unchanged.

The only lasting consequence of the ninja's little time-jaunt, as far as we know, is that Lord Garmadon doesn't have the Mega-Weapon (or at least, Lloyd doesn't know about it). So we can't immediately assume that any of the events between this adventure and Lord Garmadon creating the Mega-Weapon in the first place were changed significantly.

Lord Garmadon getting out of the underworld doesn't seem like too great a contradiction IMO. After the Ninja and Lord Garmadon returned to the present, the younger Kai, Nya, and Sensei Wu would still be in the Fire Temple, with the Skeleton Army nearby. It's easy to imagine that the Golden Weapons could still have wound up in the Underworld, where Samukai would attempt to betray Lord Garmadon as usual and the plot would continue relatively unchanged.

The only lasting consequence of the ninja's little time-jaunt, as far as we know, is that Lord Garmadon doesn't have the Mega-Weapon (or at least, Lloyd doesn't know about it). So we can't immediately assume that any of the events between this adventure and Lord Garmadon creating the Mega-Weapon in the first place were changed significantly.

What I was trying to say was:

If the mega weapon and the original four weapons were gone, then Lord Garmadon would still be in the underworld (since he can't get out - at least theoretically - without the weapons). I agree, if the weapons were still there, then he would have no troubles in getting out. But then he would have gone ahead and created the Mega Weapon, and, like you say, Lloyd would know about it. But the way the ninjas acted, it was like they thought the weapon was gone (there was no need to be concerned). That seems impossible though, but I guess we'll find out soon where it really is. It would seem logical to me that the Weapon in the past was destoyed, changing the future so that Lord Garmadon somehow could not create the vortex (or somehow it wouldn't work). Then, everything would be the same but again we run into the dead end that Lloyd should know about the Mega Weapon. Yeah, no sense.

Edited by Kai NRG

PLEASE! Keep these spoilers to a minimum!

PLEASE! Keep these spoilers to a minimum!

Um. . . well, the episode did air, so I kind of thought it was OK after that. But I'll put it under a tag next time if you'd prefer :wink:

Just three or so days of censoring would benefit everyone, however I intend to watch it tonight. Just thought we can try to be curtious to the unsuspecting visitor as well :grin:

That is daft as well. Keep spoiler tags ever and ALWAYS! Even if a movie/serie is twenty years old.

There are always people watching it for the first time.

And there are countries which haven't aired Ninjago yet.

Until Lloyd said he didn't know about the megaweapon I thought the megaweapon had somehow been locked in the past, where it was destroyed, but the golden weapons survived and created the megaweapon, which was destroyed by it's components. Anyway, I'm getting confused, even though I think about this sort of paradox a lot. I guess that Garmadon does have the megaweapon and will use it to make the stone army and either Lloyd is joking or just hasn't heard about the megaweapon. Or maybe in this (possibly) new timeline the weapons when wielded together have the same effect as the megaweapon had in the other timeline.

Edited by DraikNova

What I was trying to say was:

If the mega weapon and the original four weapons were gone, then Lord Garmadon would still be in the underworld (since he can't get out - at least theoretically - without the weapons). I agree, if the weapons were still there, then he would have no troubles in getting out. But then he would have gone ahead and created the Mega Weapon, and, like you say, Lloyd would know about it. But the way the ninjas acted, it was like they thought the weapon was gone (there was no need to be concerned). That seems impossible though, but I guess we'll find out soon where it really is. It would seem logical to me that the Weapon in the past was destoyed, changing the future so that Lord Garmadon somehow could not create the vortex (or somehow it wouldn't work). Then, everything would be the same but again we run into the dead end that Lloyd should know about the Mega Weapon. Yeah, no sense.

Keep in mind that the Lord Garmadon of the past just witnessed the Mega-Weapon failing spectacularly. Once he gets the Golden Weapons for himself, who's to say turning them into a Mega-Weapon will be his chosen strategy for defeating the Ninja? Certainly the Lord Garmadon of the present day had seen the Mega-Weapon fail enough times that if he wanted to do it all again he probably would just keep the weapons separate.

Edited by Aanchir

Interesting. But Zane said that that past didn't happen because they destroyed the megaweapon. Shouldn't that mean that the megaweapon wasn't destroyed?

Edited by DraikNova

Keep in mind that the Lord Garmadon of the past just witnessed the Mega-Weapon failing spectacularly. Once he gets the Golden Weapons for himself, who's to say turning them into a Mega-Weapon will be his chosen strategy for defeating the Ninja? Certainly the Lord Garmadon of the present day had seen the Mega-Weapon fail enough times that if he wanted to do it all again he probably would just keep the weapons separate.

That's a good point, but I kind of doubt that would have happened. Too complicated, IMO, but I guess it's possible. And then, how did Lloyd get tall?

Edited by Kai NRG

Interesting. But Zane said that that past didn't happen because they destroyed the megaweapon. Shouldn't that mean that the megaweapon wasn't destroyed?

...Minimal...spoilers...PLEASE!!

Finally saw it, and I only have one thing to say. Great Scott!!

Hopefully someone will have leaked it before then. It's just so confusing.

Yeah, I'm hoping that too. . . My guess though is:

The Mega Weapon is gone. It kind of has to be, the real problem is that Lloyd said what Mega Weapon!? Anyways,

Last season there was an episode 3 (Snake Bit) in between episode 6 and 7, and 7 was "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", where

Jay gets bitten, and since Jay's parents got bitten in episode 3, it made sense to replay it then. So maybe replaying episode 2 next week means there will be pirates in episode 7 (The Stone Army)? If so, I'll be happy, it seems like we might be getting into some interesting legends! :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm hoping that too. . . My guess though is:

The Mega Weapon is gone. It kind of has to be, the real problem is that Lloyd said what Mega Weapon!? Anyways,

Last season there was an episode 3 (Snake Bit) in between episode 6 and 7, and 7 was "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", where

Jay gets bitten, and since Jay's parents got bitten in episode 3, it made sense to replay it then. So maybe replaying episode 2 next week means there will be pirates in episode 7 (The Stone Army)? If so, I'll be happy, it seems like we might be getting into some interesting legends! :thumbup:

Very interesting, just as DraikNova said...but this last episode was very confusing(this is like the third time somebody has said this)but yeah, interesting point.

Edited by Zachattacx

I'm wondering what the stone army episode will be like. Will it be like the book cover that was found, depicting the ninja's in new kimono suits fighting red-armored black creatures with red straw hats? Or will it be something else entirely?