Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I want that new spear piece right now! The piece for the bottom of the spear looks like a more curved version of the blade blade spinner booster part. And it seems Lloyd has convinced Darkley's boarding school to help him? :wacko::sweet:

This is very strange *oh2*

However, Destiny's Bounty seems to be a re-colour, so I'm worried we won't see any new sets :cry_sad:

The ninja's variants haven't changed either, but this could be only HALF of season 3....

MAybe part of it will air in December or something with new sets........

The third season being in July does strike me as a bit early, and yes, it definitely calls into question whether there will in fact be 2013 sets. If not then it will be a real shame as I was hoping for a full two-and-a-half- or three-year run. Still, a third season should be sufficient for the story to be wrapped up, and the NRG Ninja and Lloyd are as good a place to end the sets as any other.

I wonder how well a third season can continue to promote the same sets without beginning to feel stale, though. :sceptic:

EDIT: The trailer can be viewed online here.

Edited by Aanchir

Well, this is a surprise. But, y'know, I wouldn't mind if this was the end. I really don't see how TLG could top the Serpentine in epicness. If the sets do continue, maybe the season will take a haiatus and continue near the end of the year. But that's hopeful thinking.

Maybe we'll get one last set. An evil Bounty would be cool as that is what we can see in the trailer. If anything, I want a set that comes with the Golden Staff.

Kalhiki

EDIT: The trailer can be viewed online here.

Doh, watching 30 seconds of pokemen add to get the message: us video only.

Curious what Lego will do. A season without actual models will be weird.

Doh, watching 30 seconds of pokemen add to get the message: us video only.

Curious what Lego will do. A season without actual models will be weird.

Well, since this is going to be premiering in July, it's basically timed to coincide with most stores' release of this year's summer sets, as well as (since it's presumably one episode a week for 13 weeks, give or take a few) the September sets. So I don't think it's quite accurate to say there aren't actual models to go with the season. The difference with this season, though, is that most of the sets it's based on will have already been featured in the previous season.

Still, as AFOLs we should be aware of the obvious advantage this could lend. Fewer new sets to feature might mean we'll see a greater number of vehicles, background designs, and even characters who don't appear as sets, letting MOCists and customizers work to fill in the gaps.

The scenes of some roguish characters aboard the Destiny's Bounty suggest to me that yes, the episode names featured on IMDB (including the by now well-known "Ninjas vs. Pirates") could very well be legitimate. On the other hand, scenes taking place in Ninjago City suggest that the episode descriptions listed with them could very easily be bogus. None but the first so much as suggest the possibility of scenes set in familiar locations. Also, the fact that the supposed "pirate characters" are neither undead or half-fish as described on IMDB (geez, Pirates of the Caribbean much?) suggests that some poser just took the episode titles already listed and ran with them.

Wait what? This makes no sense. :wacko: Then again, this could be some sort of filler arch like the mini movies last year, although I doubt it somehow. But finishing Ninjago after not three years, but TWO makes no sense at all, especially doing two full seasons for one year which I feel is too much. It feels totally rushed and people will have the impression it didn´t do well so they wanted to end it fast. Well, we´ll see how this turns out but if that´s the end of Ninjago, I´ll be disappointed. :cry_sad:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

I highly doubt there won't be another wave. I think it's bogus to conclude that the sets are ending now just because of this. Although from that image, the staff seems to have a club at the end. ME WANTZ BLACK AND PURPLE BOUNTY.

Edited by DraikNova

Wait what? This makes no sense. :wacko: Then again, this could be some sort of filler arch like the mini movies last year, although I doubt it somehow. But finishing Ninjago after not three years, but TWO makes no sense at all, especially doing two full seasons for one year which I feel is too much. It feels totally rushed and people will have the impression it didn´t do well so they wanted to end it fast. Well, we´ll see how this turns out but if that´s the end of Ninjago, I´ll be disappointed. :cry_sad:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Well it really depends what you call a "full season"-- a season for many shows is 26 episodes, 22 minutes in length each, whereas in Ninjago it's half that. Meanwhile, if people think two full years of sets and story equates to a theme not doing well, they're misguided-- unsuccessful themes don't last more than one year.

The reason for ending Ninjago is almost certainly to preempt any stagnation in its current success and hope that success carries over to the next LEGO TV show/story-driven theme, whatever that is. Ending it so soon is a bit of a shame especially after we had been led to expect it to continue, but if it does end this soon we can probably agree it will have had a good run, even if it didn't last too long.

Just like when BIONICLE ended, an end to a good story is not an end to good storytelling. It's nice to see a story theme that gets a strong run and then concludes on that note rather than being run into the ground like BIONICLE or sloppily and hastily wrapped up like Exo-Force.

I'm not positive that Ninjago is ending after 2012, but we know there are no long-term plans for the theme so I'm trying to temper my optimism.

Well it really depends what you call a "full season"-- a season for many shows is 26 episodes, 22 minutes in length each, whereas in Ninjago it's half that. Meanwhile, if people think two full years of sets and story equates to a theme not doing well, they're misguided-- unsuccessful themes don't last more than one year.

The reason for ending Ninjago is almost certainly to preempt any stagnation in its current success and hope that success carries over to the next LEGO TV show/story-driven theme, whatever that is. Ending it so soon is a bit of a shame especially after we had been led to expect it to continue, but if it does end this soon we can probably agree it will have had a good run, even if it didn't last too long.

Just like when BIONICLE ended, an end to a good story is not an end to good storytelling. It's nice to see a story theme that gets a strong run and then concludes on that note rather than being run into the ground like BIONICLE or sloppily and hastily wrapped up like Exo-Force.

I'm not positive that Ninjago is ending after 2012, but we know there are no long-term plans for the theme so I'm trying to temper my optimism.

I don´t want the theme to be carried on forever like BIONICLE was, but I would have expected one more year to decently conclude the theme with a good and new story and good and new sets, and not with the summer wave of a year that already had enough story and had been concluded (or so we thought).

What bugs me as well is how incredibly asymetric it turned out. We get two years, one with two 22-minute specials and another with not one, but TWO seasons with 13 22-minute episodes each and that was it.

-Gata signoff.jpg

We're talking like Ninjago's doomed and we aren't even certain that it's over :laugh:!

Someone else posted this in the theme's thread, so I'm sharing it here:

Season 3 Episode 1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ-KziQ7BDg

It's the best we got...

-Sci

That was freaking awesome! Totally sth cooler than moron-like villians from Hero Factory! I love characteristics of Lord! What a lovely guy! I will miss that theme but still I won't buy any of upcoming sets. It's good to see a tv show but sets are a waste of money. :sceptic:

You've just managed to hate on two themes at once, one not even the subject of this topic and for not being the other. WTH?

Anyway, waiting for better quality and second vid.

So what? He liked the show, he didn't like Hero Factory and he is not fond of the Ninjago sets.

No hate at all.

But I know what it is Draikonova, you have been mindcontrolled by that episode with Sensei Wu saying there is a disturbance in the Force (star wars as we know).

And with Lloyd vs Garmaddon coming up we have another

Star Wars (son vs father).

So what? He liked the show, he didn't like Hero Factory and he is not fond of the Ninjago sets.

No hate at all.

But I know what it is Draikonova, you have been mindcontrolled by that episode with Sensei Wu saying there is a disturbance in the Force (star wars as we know).

And with Lloyd vs Garmadon coming up we have another

Star Wars (son vs father).

Not to mention Samukai's fighting style. (General Grievous)

And the Sensei Wu "Force Ghost".

What's with the spoiler tag?

Well, if someone is younger then 12 he is not allowed to watch the Star Wars movies and so I don't wanna spoil ' it ' . ;)

Here's a news article including the official press release for the upcoming season of Ninjago. Doesn't really tell us much we didn't already know; mostly just a refresher on who the characters are.

Speaking of characters, the cartoonnetwork.com characters page is also updated with new info on Lloyd.