Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

What have we here...?

Hello, beautiful! I'll definitely be saving up for this one.

Released in late June, too. That means they'll certainly have it at the LEGO store when Brickfair rolls around.

They're calling this season one, though, which messes with my head. What does that make the 2011 episodes? The pilot, I guess, but since Wil Film and Bjarne Hansen have been calling the latest season Season 2 it messes with my personal numbering system more than a bit.

With every television series, there's always people who have a different view on the continuity than others. For example, some see the Doctor Who 2009 Specials as part of Series 4, while others, like myself, do not. However, with most shows, the DVD classifications are what are usually considered official, so I'd say that officially, Rise of the Snakes is Season 1, and the 2011 episodes were pilots.

I think that the 2011 was simply a two-part special (with 6 mini-episodes later). I don't think that it was intended to become a full programme. Its popularity lead to the production of Season 1.

I think that the 2011 was simply a two-part special (with 6 mini-episodes later). I don't think that it was intended to become a full programme. Its popularity lead to the production of Season 1.

The problem with that is that I believe the 2011 episodes are rerun occasionally as ordinary episodes. Plus, Wil Film treats those episodes (and the mini-movies) as season 1 on their Vimeo. Same with production designer Bjarne Hansen on his blog.

So yeah, the 2011 stuff was never meant to be a full season and I'm sure they were fully prepared to leave it as just a special if it didn't have a lot of viewership. But that still doesn't clear up the issue entirely. For now on TNW we're still calling the 2011 stuff season 1 and the 2012 stuff Season 2 just because those are the terms most of the fans seem to be using online and we don't want to cause confusion until we absolutely have to.

I want a purple ninja too, why do you think I made this (ninjago-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Purple_Ninja) page?

I want a purple ninja too, why do you think I made this (ninjago-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Purple_Ninja) page?

I think if TLG tries to introduce too many new Ninja characters, then a) they'll stop being special and will just begin to feel repetitive and b) they'll start having less and less space in the story to focus on either the new characters or the characters they already have. I'm very grateful that it seems Lloyd will continue to have a role in the story, rather than just being a one-and-done character like some of my friends were worried he'd be.

After serious reconsideration, I've decided to stop commenting on the summer sets. Perhaps I'm just influenced by my 'first look'. After some time, maybe I will change my mind about the summer sets! (I rather doubt it)

Any way, let's discuss on another more interesting topic-the soundtrack of the TV show. Every 'movie' needs a good soundtrack to 'bond' all the climatic moments in the movie. Since the second season of Ninjago TV show has just finished, with a third series rumored to be produced, we can now conclude on the themes of the different characters or scenes.

Before revealing my own thoughts, I would like the Eurobricks community to post what they think is the best soundtrack and what they think is the soundtrack/themes of the characters(including the Serpentine)

P.S. They could have more than one soundtrack

Omega X

I'd say some of the best music in the series made its debut in Episode 7 "Tick Tock". First we had the Falcon's brilliant theme music in full for the first time (a lighter, less epic version of it had played in Episode 2 "Home" when it first appeared). This is followed by Iron Man, a piece I don't have any special fondness for, but as Zane discovers his past we get the somber piece A Memoryu Switch (made all the more heartfelt by the visuals and voice acting during this scene) and finally the mind-blowingly epic Zane's True Potential.

Very few main characters in the show have gotten really obvious theme music of their own. Pythor and the Serpentine have a sort of a theme music that tends to play during their scenes, Ed & Edna have their perky jingle (a slower, more tender version of which plays towards the end of the finale in the track Garmadon Bites Back), and Nya (as Samurai X) has a powerful theme which is perhaps at its most epic in Episode 6 "The Snake King" as part of the track The Main Event. Even the Falcon has a nice theme, as mentioned above. But I've had a hard time identifying any specific theme music for the four main characters, as the music in their scenes tends to be chosen based on the mood of the scene rather than based on what character it focuses on.

Not sure if this is the question you were asking. If you wanted to know non-Ninjago songs that I felt suited the characters, I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

I'd say some of the best music in the series made its debut in Episode 7 "Tick Tock". First we had the Falcon's brilliant theme music in full for the first time (a lighter, less epic version of it had played in Episode 2 "Home" when it first appeared). This is followed by Iron Man, a piece I don't have any special fondness for, but as Zane discovers his past we get the somber piece A Memoryu Switch (made all the more heartfelt by the visuals and voice acting during this scene) and finally the mind-blowingly epic Zane's True Potential.

Very few main characters in the show have gotten really obvious theme music of their own. Pythor and the Serpentine have a sort of a theme music that tends to play during their scenes, Ed & Edna have their perky jingle (a slower, more tender version of which plays towards the end of the finale in the track Garmadon Bites Back), and Nya (as Samurai X) has a powerful theme which is perhaps at its most epic in Episode 6 "The Snake King" as part of the track The Main Event. Even the Falcon has a nice theme, as mentioned above. But I've had a hard time identifying any specific theme music for the four main characters, as the music in their scenes tends to be chosen based on the mood of the scene rather than based on what character it focuses on.

Not sure if this is the question you were asking. If you wanted to know non-Ninjago songs that I felt suited the characters, I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

Hmm... Nice! I've never thought that there are official names for the music.

Anyway, here are my analysis:

Sensei Wu: Sensei Wu's theme is a 'traditional' theme, which appears countless times(Including start of the first episode-Rise of the snakes) and I suppose the tune the flute plays counts as his theme too :laugh:

Zane: Perhaps the most obvious of all the ninjas. Sadly, his tune is as I call it, a minodic tune. A minor tune is a tune that is sad. "Flight of the Falcon" is the name I have given the theme of the falcon. "Remembering Father" is also heard briefly i episode "All for nothing" With the lone exception of the song that Zane plays with his humor switch on, his tune is a minodic tune.

Serpentine:(Oooo, my favorite!! :sweet: )

Pythor: He has one theme only, as I know. His theme is used in the most climatic scenes, like when the City of Orobourous rises out from the sand, and when he discovers the map to the four silver fang blades.

The Seperntine also has a theme song of its own. The theme song is first heard when the Fangpyre invades Ed and edna's junkyard and when the two tribes go to 'war'. It is also heard when Jay gets mistaken for a snake in episode "once bitten, twice shy".

Skales and Fangtom: The theme song is heard when Fangtom says: SKALES!! MY OLDEST CHAP!!I WOULD'T BE THINKING I WILL BE FIGHTING YOU!!

P.S. Will be updated soon

Omega X

Also, I think the devourer has it's own mini-theme too, which kinda goes "shumba-dah, shumba-dah" during it's first scenes.

Edited by DraikNova

Hmm... Nice! I've never thought that there are official names for the music.

Anyway, here are my analysis:

Sensei Wu: Sensei Wu's theme is a 'traditional' theme, which appears countless times(Including start of the first episode-Rise of the snakes) and I suppose the tune the flute plays counts as his theme too :laugh:

Zane: Perhaps the most obvious of all the ninjas. Sadly, his tune is as I call it, a minodic tune. A minor tune is a tune that is sad. "Flight of the Falcon" is the name I have given the theme of the falcon. "Remembering Father" is also heard briefly i episode "All for nothing" With the lone exception of the song that Zane plays with his humor switch on, his tune is a minodic tune.

Serpentine:(Oooo, my favorite!! :sweet: )

Pythor: He has one theme only, as I know. His theme is used in the most climatic scenes, like when the City of Orobourous rises out from the sand, and when he discovers the map to the four silver fang blades.

The Seperntine also has a theme song of its own. The theme song is first heard when the Fangpyre invades Ed and edna's junkyard and when the two tribes go to 'war'. It is also heard when Jay gets mistaken for a snake in episode "once bitten, twice shy".

Skales and Fangtom: The theme song is heard when Fangtom says: SKALES!! MY OLDEST CHAP!!I WOULD'T BE THINKING I WILL BE FIGHTING YOU!!

P.S. Will be updated soon

Omega X

The Serpentine also has another theme song. It is heard when the falcon spotted the Serpentine going to the Temple of Fire.

Lylod Garmadon: He has one theme song(I think). He would most likely have more themes in season 3. his theme song(which I call "Introducing Lylod Garmadon") is heard when the ninjas first meet him.

The ninjas theme are heard in the episodes when they turn NRG form

While we're talking about the soundtrack....

Does anyone know where I can download/buy the music from the Ninjago show?

There are about an hour's worth of tracks in MP3 format at http://jayvincentmusic.com/. How you go about downloading them probably depends on what browser you use; on Firefox you just have to go to the page for any of the tracks and click Tools>Page Info, then go to the "Media" tab and scroll down until you see the MP3 file, then click "Save As". It's a bit tedious getting all the tracks (the 5-minute suite can be skipped since it's just a compilation of the other 2011 music available there), but it makes for great listening.

There are about an hour's worth of tracks in MP3 format at http://jayvincentmusic.com/. How you go about downloading them probably depends on what browser you use; on Firefox you just have to go to the page for any of the tracks and click Tools>Page Info, then go to the "Media" tab and scroll down until you see the MP3 file, then click "Save As". It's a bit tedious getting all the tracks (the 5-minute suite can be skipped since it's just a compilation of the other 2011 music available there), but it makes for great listening.

Ah, OK. Thanks! I had thought jayvincentmusic.com was just for listening, not downloads. That's great! I'll download them now.

Sorry for double-posting, but does anyone know how to download the jayvincentmusic.com tracks on Google Chrome?

When you're on the page for any of the individual tracks, right-click on the music player frame and click "inspect element". The frame that pops up should show a filename ending in ".mp3" somewhere toward the center. Click on that to go to the "resources" tab, and then right click the white, textless box on the right and click "Save As".

There may be a simpler way of doing this, but I don't normally use Google Chrome and only figured this out for you using trial-and-error.

When you're on the page for any of the individual tracks, right-click on the music player frame and click "inspect element". The frame that pops up should show a filename ending in ".mp3" somewhere toward the center. Click on that to go to the "resources" tab, and then right click the white, textless box on the right and click "Save As".

There may be a simpler way of doing this, but I don't normally use Google Chrome and only figured this out for you using trial-and-error.

Thanks for taking the time to do that! Now to go get me some Ninja-music...

Discovered some more concept art for the TV show here. It's amazing seeing how much work went into designing the various locations in this show.

One of the most interesting, to me, is the concept art of Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys. I might not be remembering correctly, but I don't believe we ever saw it in that sort of grim lighting.

I would love to be a designer in Lego just like that! :sceptic: I think I'm too young. I'm a TFOL after all...

Omega X

P.S. Any news about the third season?

I just saw a commercial for the next season of Ninjago. It had all five ninjas and said Lord Garmadon is back. Also LG was holding some sort of golden staff/spear. Does anybody know more about the new season.

Watching Cartoon Network with my young brother today, I saw a trailer for Season 3! I derped and forgot to record and I didn't have my "camera" nearby. It was about 30 seconds long. In about 3 seconds in, I saw Islanders/Pirates!

Although, I found a version on YT, but it's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pui4VWNBA0c&feature=plcp

Another! It seems like all 4 Golden Weapons combine into a golden spear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkDDNb2HpTY&feature=plcp

Will try to record and upload on my brother's channel ASAP! AIRS IN JULY

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Isn't it a bit too early for revealing next year's sets? TBH it would be kinda cool if this was an "After the Devourer" season where some small loose ends (such as Fangtom's presence in CM4S's video) are solved. I also noticed the "Islanders" in the video. If this is the "pirates" then I am curious, and somewhat disappointed. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Bring on July, and LLOYD'S ARMY OF MINI NINJA!

EDIT: Thanks for the videos BTW, CM4S.

Edited by Penkid11

Holy crap, it's out as early as July?! *oh2*

YES. ALL OF MY YES. <3 :wub_drool::grin:

And it looks like the Serpentine make something of a comeback. Hooray! I'm so glad we'll get to see a little more of them, I was worried they would just get tossed out entirely as a threat to Ninjago, the way the Skullkin did. (I was very happy whenever they made cameos, but let's be honest: without Garmadon leading them, the Skullkin were never depicted as a real threat.)

These look good. I wonder if this will have any tie-in sets. The official word was that "Ninjago will remain on shelves, but there are no plans to extend the theme past 2013. Perhaps this simply means that the 2012 sets will still be sold, but no new sets will be produced. :sceptic::cry_sad:

Edit: Duke! :excited:

Edited by LEGOman273