Simon_S

Chapter 2: The Discovery of Nalderic

Chapter 1: The Little Vagabond Tavern

So our 5 adventurers started their journey to discover and settle Nalderic...

9932929593_016e1f7cf2.jpg

Simon: "I think we're almost here. It seems like we brought a little bit too much food with us."

Franzisco: "Yeah, this must be it. Shall I sing a little song for a warm welcome in our new home?"

Thomas: "You want to give yourself a warm welcome? If you're going to sing I will..."

Franzisco: "Ok, ok. Take it easy man, I just wanted to brighten this party a bit."

9932832974_c860e2ee9a.jpg

Steven: "Do you think this is it?"

Sara (whispers): "No, I doesn't look like a secret isle that nobody discovered before us."

Simon: "I heard that! Are you in doubt about my leading quality? I'm sure that this must be the right isle."

Franzisco: "Of couse it is. Look at the map: It's the only one we haven't visited yet..."

9932813776_3ca1a827ea.jpg

Simon: "So first, let's get to the ground..."

Thomas: "And how should that work? Look at the cliffs, there's no place where we can dock our boats."

9932859504_d1671eb5d8.jpg

Sara: "We won't land here. Look on that cliff there, a house. This is definitely not an inhabitated isle where we can start our new lifes."

9932823446_1036cebaf4.jpg

Steven: "But now we're already here. I propose that we just go to the régime, take them as our slaves and take control of this isle. Then we can do what we want with it. Sounds good, eh?"

Simon: "I like the idea of taking the lead, but we won't harm them. There must be another way to become king of this place."

9932821866_18204ea80a.jpg

To be continued...

Chapter 3: A Warm Welcome

Challenge 1 (A): A Bad Nocty!

Challenge 1 ©: The Genius Malignus

Edited by Simon_S

Wonderful rockwork, and I like the house and vegetation a lot!

The water might have benefitted from some more movement (gets a little repetitive with this technique), but the creek, waterfall and movement around the boats looks really nice!

Looking forward to more!!

The transparent plates around the boat is a very simple idea, and looks very good. As for the story: Simon seems quite ambitious. First he just wanted to settle on an unhabited island, now he wants to be king! Oh, and I see an Avalonain flag at the entrance, so it is not an isolated community who doesn't know anything of the outside world.

I seriously LOVE your building style. Beautiful.

Thanks a lot!

Wonderful rockwork, and I like the house and vegetation a lot! The water might have benefitted from some more movement (gets a little repetitive with this technique), but the creek, waterfall and movement around the boats looks really nice! Looking forward to more!!

It's difficult to make this technique not repetitive... Thanks for the comment :wink:.

The transparent plates around the boat is a very simple idea, and looks very good. As for the story: Simon seems quite ambitious. First he just wanted to settle on an unhabited island, now he wants to be king! Oh, and I see an Avalonain flag at the entrance, so it is not an isolated community who doesn't know anything of the outside world.

You're absolutely right, but this doesn't seems like a problem to me :laugh:.

Nice MOC mate, might have to avoid burning this one in our next raid, tis quite beautiful :wink:

Very beautiful scene. I like the tree and the archway. You did a great job with the sea too.

Wonderful scene! I agree with Captain, your building style is fantastic :wub: The rock arch is great and I like the SNOT rockwork for the cliffs :thumbup: The angled green plates give a neat effect too :classic:

Fantastic work here Simon, I love the water! The different shades beneath the trans-clear just makes this creation amazing! The seaweed adds a lot of detail, well done! Fantastic rockwork, waterfall, and trees, as always! :wink: The house is fantastic, well done!

Everything looks so clean and beautiful! The colors are amazing, they go really well together, and that water ripple brings motion and a very nice detail to the build :sweet:

I'm a fan of everything going on here! :laugh::thumbup:

Nice MOC mate, might have to avoid burning this one in our next raid, tis quite beautiful :wink:

Thanks mate! You know, at least there actually is something you can burn, in comparison to Nocturnus, where everything is already burned :tongue::wink:.

Very beautiful scene. I like the tree and the archway. You did a great job with the sea too.

Thank you!

Wonderful scene! I agree with Captain, your building style is fantastic :wub: The rock arch is great and I like the SNOT rockwork for the cliffs :thumbup: The angled green plates give a neat effect too :classic:

Thanks mate. It was actually my first try with such detailed cliffs and I like the result. The only bad point is that it's pretty fragile compared to the "standard" rockwork.

I like the technique for water and you nailed the cliff landscape! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Fantastic work here Simon, I love the water! The different shades beneath the trans-clear just makes this creation amazing! The seaweed adds a lot of detail, well done! Fantastic rockwork, waterfall, and trees, as always! :wink: The house is fantastic, well done!

Thanks Matthew for this nice comment! Your Comments always have been very encouraging since I know you on MP :classic:.

Everything looks so clean and beautiful! The colors are amazing, they go really well together, and that water ripple brings motion and a very nice detail to the build :sweet:

I'm a fan of everything going on here! :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks a lot for the kind words :blush:.

Love your style, keep them coming. :wub:

Thanks Niku. I think I will only do one more for my characters backgroundstory, as the challenges (hopefully) start soon.

Fantastic! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks mate :classic:.

I must have forgotten to comment on this! Your builds never cease to amaze me, and it's great to see you building in a different environment- Avalonia's lucky to have you!

I think you made a good choice joining Avalonia! Your buildings really pop out very well there! :classic:

Lovely scene, especially the rockwork is outstading. And I've said it several times before, but your photo's are extremely good!

Another great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like in particular the stone cliff :wink:

Another beautiful build! Great lush green landscape with a wonderful rock and water scene. Top notch photo's again too. Looking forward to your next build!

I agree with everyone else, your water is amazing! Might have to steal that idea... Also, I really like your trees. I'm jealous of everyone with enough foliage pieces to make a tree like that. My collecting has never been in that direction so I only have a handful of tree pieces.

Great job, Burri, the water technique works very well, and nice cliffs too, I didn't know dark and light gray cliffs could merge that well :sweet:

I must have forgotten to comment on this! Your builds never cease to amaze me, and it's great to see you building in a different environment- Avalonia's lucky to have you!

Thanks a lot for this nice comment :blush:.

I think you made a good choice joining Avalonia! Your buildings really pop out very well there! :classic:

Thanks Damaximus. It was not an easy choice, as all 4 guilds are great :classic:, but Avalonia was my favourite in the end.

Lovely scene, especially the rockwork is outstading. And I've said it several times before, but your photo's are extremely good!

Thanks Ecc!

Another great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like in particular the stone cliff :wink:

Thanks mate!

Another beautiful build! Great lush green landscape with a wonderful rock and water scene. Top notch photo's again too. Looking forward to your next build!

Thank you. I also was pretty happy with the result, but I somehow felt it was a little bit too much average. There weren't any unusual colours, no special trees, etc. I might do something a little bit more different next time :wink:.

I agree with everyone else, your water is amazing! Might have to steal that idea... Also, I really like your trees. I'm jealous of everyone with enough foliage pieces to make a tree like that. My collecting has never been in that direction so I only have a handful of tree pieces.

Thank you. I also don't have the leaves for a long time, not even a half year. They just sit in my LEGO-shelf and wait till all together will be used in a huge display for the SteinCHenwelt 2014 (an event organised by the SwissLUG) :classic:.

Awesome creation here!

Thanks mate!

Great job, Burri, the water technique works very well, and nice cliffs too, I didn't know dark and light gray cliffs could merge that well :sweet:

Thank my mitgardian friend. I also never tried it before, but a lot of other (very good) builders did it, so I thought I might give it a try.

So much to love here, the water, the building, the rock work, and the waterfall all excelent! Nice job!

Wow! The water is beautiful, the rocks are splendid, and the house is very stylish and neat - I even like the little fence around it! Makes my little newbie jaw drop.