starlbirth

Nocturnus Tribes: The Shifting Claw

10030343125_a3097d4ac0_c.jpg

The Shifting Claw werewolves live on the border between the The Moruth Swamplands and the forest south of the S'dak'l'vil'th's range.

For centuries the clan grew via tooth and nail, turning any unlucky soul who ventured too close to the forest. Limited by the phase of the moon the clans size and strength remained in check. However strange rumors abound of werewolves who stalk moonless nights. Something is afoot in that forest...

More than 3 moons had passed since the clan had needed to gather moonmoss. Geirolf had been the first to discover the moonmoss and its incredible power. A discovery born from fear and failure, Geirolf had first eaten the moss after being chased for days by a small party of Ravens. They had tracked him through the Moruth swamplands and he had been on the verge of starvation when he stumbled into the glowing forest grove. Things were different now. He was different.

10025317483_a61a04f44f_z.jpg

Suddenly he was startled from his memories by the sudden appearance of a drow. Growing increasingly confident with the rise of the Spire, even a single drow was not to be trifled with.

10025252176_ba45ce3ebe_z.jpg

"HALT Peasant!" "I don't see any peasants here dwelf," Geirolf called back.

10025184864_6b72bbff1d_z.jpg

The Drow reacted with an incantation and his staff began to emit an ominous light. Geirolf reached into his pack and pulled out his half empty vial of moss extract. "This isn't nearly enough, but it will have to do." he thought to himself.

10025217346_540c89cf97_z.jpg

"Aaaaoooooooooooooooooooo" his wail echoed through the forest. The transformation had begun. The drow puzzled then surprised extinguishes his stave.

10025273623_728514bef5_z.jpg

The drow has realized something is terribly wrong. It isn't even close to a full moon and suddenly the hunter has become the prey. Geirolf must not let the drow escape with the location of the moonmoss.

10025226723_f24677bced_b.jpg

Geirolf's howl had not gone unnoticed. His pack was coming. This drow will not be slinking back to its hole tonight.

10025183806_a0dec28aca_z.jpg

More random shots

10025145905_d42fdb0641_z.jpg

10025167416_0b26850700_z.jpg

10025154105_063d41bb8d_z.jpg

10025174646_e1da44c564_z.jpg

Thanks to Lord Vladivus for his CC about the coloring of the swamp/forest floor! I'm brand new here to Eurobricks and GoH so I'd love some feedback and constructive comments!

Vibrant and action packed moc, I like the sense of motion. :thumbup:

That's a brilliant idea putting up a story- which is a great one! I do think the swamp floor looks much better, it's more cohesive!

Nice twist of the story there, I did not expect to feel sorry for the drow at the end of it :wink:

The vegetation looks appropriately Nocturnian.

You made a nice action packed and colourful moc. The use of the logs and branches with little vegetation on it really gives the scene that swamp atmosphere.

I like the undergrowth, but the tree looks a little odd: the branches seem rather unnatural and it could use more leaves.

Your fig posing is great :classic:

Love the story, especially when he called on the wolf pack :grin:

Nice use of that wheel for a vegetation base! But like what soccerkid had said, the tree could use a little more leaves :classic:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

@soccerkid I agree about the tree. I had initially used more leaves, but I couldn't get them to mesh with that giant trunk! So I opted to go for a more brick built approach, but it doesn't really look like a tree. More like a set piece from a 1920's monster movie. I'll keep practicing with trees. I had a ton of fun with this MOC and I'm excited for round 2!

Drow that are stealing werewolves moonmoss? Nocturnus changed a lot :cry_sad:

anyway, nice presentation and cool builds :thumbup::sweet:

Great idea, and nice editing on that first picture! I like how you showed the transformation whilst he was jumping to attack, the amount of action you were able incorporate is awesome.

One thing though, there is so much going it feels a bit overwhelming visually - having a focal point might help a bit (make the key area of interest stand out a bit more, maybe through lighting, or by 'blending' the landscaping together somehow so that the figures are more prominent than the vegetation (the variety of which, btw, is incredible, it just steals your attention away too much from the figs.)