Legorski

Nocturnus Tribes - Ro'Jaw

Deep within the southern mountains, there lies a temple devoted to a long forgotten God of Fire and Chaos. He hold no name, and no form. Thus those that worship him are given the gift, or curse of never holding a form of their own.

In and around this temple you will find a tribe of shape-shifting shadows, doomed to forever be chaotic in their changing of form. It is said that they were once humans that fell into the service of the Nameless One.

Little is know of their culture, as the members often merge into other communities, however those that dwell nearby the temple gave them the name of Ro'Jaw though it is not know why they were given such a name.

It has been observed, that the Ro'Jaw find their power through fire, especially of that which eternally burns in the temple. They absorb the chaos, grating them a continuation of their cursed gift.

It is also said that those who try and overuse the power are burnt with it, losing their abilities and are left in a charcoaled body (<-- Knight of Embers Back-story).

Such Ro'Jaw are banished from the temple, left to slowly burn out from the lack of the true fire located in the temple. They are often found as mercenaries and mistaken for badly scarred creatures.

10130880106_b18d19236b_c.jpg

10130735814_0627069fdf_c.jpg

10130934893_04db4316dd_c.jpg

Edited by Legorski

Interesting approach for a tribe, I like that they look like shadows produced by fire.

I like how you did the lighting here, it casts some nice shadows that work with the build. I also reall like your story!

Nice detailing in the walls with the statues and decorations :thumbup: I also really like the angled tiled square in the floor :wub:

Nice work setting up the shots and using effective lighting to create an ominous feel and make the figures look like they are shadows (awesome tribe idea too.) I really like how well you were able to capture the idea of a temple with the architectural style. One idea (although I'm not sure how hard it would be) would be to try and light the scene in such a way that the fire looks like it's the only source of light...

One idea (although I'm not sure how hard it would be) would be to try and light the scene in such a way that the fire looks like it's the only source of light...

I was trying to do just that, but I had limited space and time to take pics so when they came out like this (semi-successful), I just went with them.

Very nice details! Also some cool techniques I've never seen before (Whoohoo!)

Great story. The lighting is quite nice as well. Great job man! I hope you have another good idea for a second round of tribes!

Your photos dont work anymore

^ - yar ditto can't see pics :( Back story is great will look for em on flickr in the meantime.

That's weird, let me look into that.

EDIT: They should work now, let me know if they there are any more issues.

Sorry for the trouble, I'm not sure what went wrong there.

Edited by Legorski

Interesting story and a nice temple scene, I especially like the tiled floor and the walls with statues.