Pepa Quin

[MOC SHIPtember] Cargo Transport from Star Wars 1313

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

For SHIPtember, I decided to pay homage to the unfortunately canceled Star Wars 1313 game. The game looked awesome from

, but unfortunately that may be all we ever see of it.

10020808834_8f13a59b20_z.jpg

The Imp class of light cargo freighters was produced by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. The base freighter design, like many CEC ships, was modular and came with many options. The 'Besther' model, named for the project lead, featured individualized cargo pods which could be customized to accommodate specific needs.

The Besther Imp XIV was made in the first production run and has faired decently in its 34 years of service. Many non-essential systems no longer function well or at all, and it's space-worthiness is in doubt, but it works well as a planetside-only cargo transport.

I got started a little late, but fortunately was able to build this ship within two weeks. It is 131.3 studs long, 42 wide and 19 bricks tall. Each of the 10 cargo pods along the sides is easily detachable.

10020940063_85b0d4ab0f_n.jpg 10020839555_f5912eec26_t.jpg10020914263_44286147b7_t.jpg 10020857026_4b0f3acf28_t.jpg

Lastly, for anyone who couldn't view the video, here's a comparison shot between my model and the 'actual' ship:

10020895123_b551849a67_n.jpg

Enjoy!

-Matt

Amazing details all over the ship! I can barely remember seeing one of your creations that I really admired somewhere else but i simply cant remember.

I like it, particularly the head. I should maybe try using your technique on my Tantive IV. I suppose it is a variation of the Lowell sphere ?

Really nice rendition of the ship :thumbup:

There are a lot of studs exposed... but you couldn't have done otherwise.

The detaching cargo pods is a great detail!