ch_ris127

Nocturnus Tribes - The Kmnel Tribe

The Kmnel is a nomadic tribe that act as supply points for other tribes in the Rakath Mountains. They live in outposts well-guarded by a Kmenl scout, warrior, keeper and forger. Humanoid, mostly dark-skinned with deformed faces, the Kmnel are organized and prefer staying behind the frontlines, prefering to survive and live their normal ways of life.

Though not your typical short-tempered bloodthirsty Noctornian, the Kmnel are highly territorial and loyal to their allies, and will quickly alert them of your Avalonian, Mitgardian or Kaliphin presence, where you will be immediately attacked by an onslaught of mountain Noctornians. :devil:

10023830636_658de473ea_z.jpg

The typical outpost consists of a lookout platform and a weapons storage with a small forging area to repair weapons. With their mounts, the Kmnel are quick to move from outpost-to-outpost to relay information and supplies, especially when they spot an enemy and need backup. Moutain Minotaurs are their closest ally and treat the outpost as a pit-stop area for resupplying.

Although the Kmnel are allies with most tribes, they are at war with the Werewolves since both tribes are territorial and want areas of land for themselves. Kmnel warriors hang the heads and hides of fallen werewolves as decoration and proof of their strength in outposts.

10023819365_a3d58136f4_z.jpg

A female keeper and two male guards with the weapons and shields hanging behind them.

It is interesting to note for you scholars out there, that the Kmnel has some of the most horrendous and hideous-looking females in the whole of Noctornus. They are very good outpost keepers though, and are very handy with weapons-repair tasks. :grin:

10023815845_c8ae7e1b49_z.jpg

Some of the Kmnel tribe members and their steed.

----------

Well, I gotta admit that this is more of a rush-job than a carefully planned build, but I just really wanted to put something up here before going back to work! :grin: There's a lot of tribe ideas, but it'll probably appear later in free-builds...anyways, pardon the slightly blurry image above - the camera's gone and the iPad had to do :sadnew:

Cheers!

Edited by ch_ris127

I believe there is one of this tribe living in Petraea. Podnik Tok (once a slave) owns and operates the Dromedary Drinking Hall. This tribe is one of the reasons that some of the werewolves of the Rakath Mountains come south to Cobalt Vale to trade.

Interesting to see some inter-tribe rivalry here! Are we beginning to see how the lines in the civil war are drawn?

Excellent work. The story is very well developed. I have to admit I like the photography of your "greenhides" better, but it is fun to have you in a sense unofficial give us two tribes.

@ Lord Vladivus: Keep away from our territory and we might just spare your furry lives! :devil:

@ gedren: A Kmnel as a slave :cry_sad: Well, at least he rebounded well, haha.

@ Uberlego: Thank you :classic:

@ Gideon: Thanks! It could be, cause the tribe-rivalries can easily put them on opposite sides of the war. I can imagine a Black Spire Lord approaching the Werewolves and offering them assistance in exchange for their loyalty in the war.

@ ZCerberus: Thank you! Yeah, I'm with you there on the photography :sadnew: I'm planning to get one more desk lamp for better lighting and also a better camera. The iPad's images have too much noise when zoomed in :sad:

Pah. General Fenrir is one of the greatest warriors in Historica. I wouldn't challenge him and his troops. Myself and my zombie army extend our greetings however.

The figures are my favorite part - such a variety of pieces that work really well together :thumbup:, and reflect he back story nicely. The outpost looks almost as if the Kmnel have carved it out of a preexisting rock formation - I like it!

@ Vladivus: The Kmnel generously accept your greetings :thumbup: We're fond to have more acquaintances, though we'll stay out of General Fenrir's way in that case unless he challenges us first!

@ Emma: Thanks for the comments! Glad that the outpost successfully gave out that look :laugh: