Lord Vladivus

Nocturnus Tribes: The Caniban

"The Caniban are a tribe of part-human cannibals. Rumour has it that their ancestors were bred with demons, and the tribe themselves do nothing to dissuade this notion. Their skin is a natural jet black, and they tattoo themselves with brightly coloured inks to distinguish their role within the tribe. The warrior caste are represented by red, the colour of the blood they spill, whilst the priests are represented by yellow, the colur of the poison they coat their sacrificial daggers with.

The tribe's village is located at the base of the Rakath Mountains, on the Eastern side, level with the southernmost point of the Kelra Labyrinths.

Here we can see a priest, guarded by a warrior, about to perform a sacrifice in the ruins of an ancient temple- the victim is a poor nomadic caveman from the Rakath Mountains.

10017413155_92e3c0ca77_z.jpg

10017422915_696f0f8fbe_z.jpg

Left, Priest, and right, Warrior."

Extra views:

10017429066_575990ca51_z.jpg

10017369194_7b1c5d258b_z.jpg

10017512463_4821e2a6da_z.jpg

10017373764_d633314d35_z.jpg

This is my second entry to the Nocturnus Tribes.

C+C welcome!

Cheers!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

These Nocturnus tribes just keep getting scarier and scarier :devil:

I like the bush you made with dark green leaves, hooking them up to the short antenna works well :thumbup:

These guys look great! They will fit right in with the Nocty group. I like that their skin is black and their cannibalistic natural. Great job on the MOC as well. :thumbup:

Wow! Lord Vlad you are really pumping out those free builds!

I love the little details,like the bones being scattered about and the vines creeping around everything!

Excellent! Great figs. The story is very solid and this is the kind of thing I was really hoping for with the Tribes challenge.

A think if you shot the photo a little higher up and turn the MOC so it is at a 45 degree angle, we could see a lot more! Just a little hint to up the look of the MOCs.

Thanks guys! I was fiddling with fig parts and happened to put those headpieces on them and it just fell together- the shirtless Darth Maul is a great fig, I wish I had more to make a whole tribe.

@SK, Cheers dude, but do you mean on the sea grass? Unless that parts also known as an antennae...

@LegoDrake, I already have an idea for my next free build. I also have another idea for a tribes build, but I won't have enough time to finish it before the deadline, so I'll do it sometime for a freebuild.

@ZC yeah my photography needs some work, I'm slowly improving from the days when I'd swing the camera up and cut peoples heads off. I did think I'd got an angle like you said, I must have missed it, if I get a chance I'll take another.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Thanks guys! I was fiddling with fig parts and happened to put those headpieces on them and it just fell together- the shirtless Darth Maul is a great fig, I wish I had more to make a whole tribe.

@SK, Cheers dude, but do you mean on the sea grass? Unless that parts also known as an antennae...

Woops :blush: Yeah, the sea grass, I only saw the top of it when I first looked at it.

Woops :blush: Yeah, the sea grass, I only saw the top of it when I first looked at it.

It works best using 3x4 leaves, but it didn't have the enough of the right colour pieces to make it.

Great idea for a tribe - the figs are awesome, and the snot sacrificial platform works really well :thumbup:

The balance of colors are amazing here! They really make the scene stand out, clean and eye-catching.

You definitely don't want to be trekking on this wrong side of the mountain :laugh:

These Nocturnus tribes just keep getting scarier and scarier :devil:

You can say that again! I'm waiting for a pink pony tribe to even the balance.

I like your figs, I think they fit well in Nocturnus. Great use of some starwars characters!

Oh my dear,

this Nocti tribes seem to become a real challenge in the future. Currently I am very happy that they are far away from Avalonias borders, but who knows what the future is going to bring.

Anyway thos figs look great, even if this kind of behaviour is not my cup of tea and those things are strictly forbidden in Greater-Burrium.

The buildes scene as such is great and I really like the level of detail.

Thanks guys!

@Yooha, I think someone used the CMF bunny in a Nocty MOC, maybe we'll see a fluffy bunny tribe?

@Torgar and CBB, those figs are amongst my favourites, I just wish I had more. I have my ex to thank for both figs though, seeing as she bought me them both. I was a bit silly when getting Maul and spent enough to get two, but you could only get one per purchase. Should have made two purchases! Duh.

@Kerntechnicker Thanks, I researched cannibals for this, and don't think I ever want to do that again. I doubt they'll head to Avalonia, at least not in significant numbers, but you can never tell!

Nice figs and landscaping, I like the altar design a lot!

A philosophical question: how much human do a creature have to have left in it to still be considered a cannibal when eating humans? :classic:

Edited by Gideon

Howd i miss this one? Nice work here, you stole my idea of different coloured preists! Haha

No really. :tongue:

@Gideon,Thank you! I don't know, but I figured that it's more of an anthropomorphic cannibalism, rather than just humans perse, so elves etc are fair game. Maybe cannibalism of sentient races?

@LD cheers! Haha maybe it could be a Nocturnian thing with different coloured priests?